PDA

View Full Version : New Forum Sponsor - Debora Labs

admin
04-21-2013, 10:05 PM
Members,

Join me in welcoming our newest sponsor to Swole Source - Debora Labs.

You can visit the Debora Labs' website here: D (http://jwsupplements.co.uk/)ebora Labs (https://www.deboralabs.com/).

Join the discussion on their products, and remember to always support our sponsors!

Regards,

h2s

SoCal-Nutrition
04-21-2013, 11:45 PM
Welcome!

Macdon1588
04-22-2013, 08:37 AM
Welcome on board

DeboraLabs
04-22-2013, 12:20 PM
You are always welcome to place an order at our website http://www.deboralabs.com . Thanks!

O_RYAN_007
04-22-2013, 08:06 PM
Probably the best peptides in the world huh?? How about you send me some so I can review and make that comparison for the board. I've been using peps on-and-off for a couple years. :D

longBallLima
04-22-2013, 10:24 PM
I'd definitely log an ace 031 or Follistatin run :)

Fat Bill Dwyer
04-23-2013, 04:52 AM
I'd definitely log an ace 031 or Follistatin run :)

Has follistatin been legitimized yet? Haven't been following too closely but I remember there were some doubts about efficacy last time I checked.

Jorsn
04-24-2013, 12:09 AM
Do you test each batch?

And do Swole Source members get a discount?

longBallLima
04-24-2013, 02:34 AM
Has follistatin been legitimized yet? Haven't been following too closely but I remember there were some doubts about efficacy last time I checked.

honestly, IMO its hype, but i cant find a good log on it to confirm one way or the other. hence my offer to provide my rats :D

islandmagic
04-24-2013, 04:43 AM
Welcome to the Space Odyssey....

Fat Bill Dwyer
04-24-2013, 05:05 AM
honestly, IMO its hype, but i cant find a good log on it to confirm one way or the other. hence my offer to provide my rats :D

You're a prince bud!

DeboraLabs
04-25-2013, 02:09 AM
Upon your requests in our forum thread and PM we have created special discount for Swole forum members. To activate it please enter following code SWOLEPROMO on order checkout screen.

This code gives you 10% discount from order total amount. Please note that this discount could be applied only once.

Sorrow
04-25-2013, 08:12 PM
Welcome. Interesting lineup.

PNMike
05-10-2013, 08:54 PM
has anyone tried these yet? any of them. Interested in one specifically but want to see about the quality of any of their products

burlyman30
05-25-2013, 02:04 AM
has anyone tried these yet? any of them. Interested in one specifically but want to see about the quality of any of their products

Bumping for answer.

burlyman30
06-04-2013, 12:15 AM

Ok... hopefully all goes well, or I will end up taking one for the team. I just made an order. I'll let you guys know what happens.

I will say this: The promo code above was supposed to be good one time for 10% off and it only gave me 5% off. Not sure what's up with that, but figured I'd let it be known in this thread.

zubmit
06-16-2013, 04:14 AM
Hey burlyman30. How's it going with your order? I am sitting with my ass on the tip of the couch waiting for your feedback. I really hope theise guise are for real because if the HPLC analysis is from the products they make, peptides to that price is the lowest I've seen so far.

biology
06-18-2013, 10:00 AM
Hey burlyman30. How's it going with your order? I am sitting with my ass on the tip of the couch waiting for your feedback. I really hope theise guise are for real because if the HPLC analysis is from the products they make, peptides to that price is the lowest I've seen so far.

Just received my first order of Ipamorelin, complete with an MSDS and commercial invoice for L-Carnitine. Fortunately I work at a university so I'm going to do some analysis to see what I actually received.

Jack O'Neill
06-18-2013, 10:21 AM
Just received my first order of Ipamorelin, complete with an MSDS and commercial invoice for L-Carnitine. Fortunately I work at a university so I'm going to do some analysis to see what I actually received.

Interested to see your analysis results

burlyman30
06-18-2013, 12:25 PM

Received the same info on the invoice, though my order was for two other products, and was assuming that was a way to import without raising eyebrows. Very interested in your analysis and look forward to your findings.

zubmit
06-18-2013, 03:04 PM

I'm glad that you stumbled upon this forum at the same time you recieved your ordre from Debora Labs, and what a lucky day, you work at place where you got HPLC and MSDS to analyse your product.

Can't wait to hear the results. :rolleyes:

biology
06-19-2013, 10:55 AM
I'm glad that you stumbled upon this forum at the same time you recieved your ordre from Debora Labs, and what a lucky day, you work at place where you got HPLC and MSDS to analyse your product.

Can't wait to hear the results. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: "MSDS to analyse your product" :rolleyes:

Material Safety Data Sheets are not very good at analyzing peptides. However, MALDI-TOF mass spectrometers are. Since we don't have one of those available, I'm going with LC/MS in 50:50 ACN:H2O. HPLC is great for purity, not so much identity unless you have a known sample with which to compare, and even then it's not that great. Do you even know what a chemistry is? Because if you did, you would know also that I would have to set up a method for the HPLC analysis and have a proper column, which can get VERY pricey, which means I'm not going to do that. However, a mass spec analysis can run about $10-$20. So I'm just going to assume it's pure, which, if it's not, will be seen on the LC part of the LC/MS. Then the MS will tell me something about the mass and molecular fragments, which will allow me to elucidate the structure.

I lurked this forum for about a week before ordering. When I got the MSDS (again, that's a Material Safety Data Sheet) for L-Carnitine with my order, I thought "okay, they're shipping it under the guise of a simple amino acid as not to arouse suspicion, or it's L-Carnitine and this business model is a dead end street filled with chumps and suckers, of which I am one."

So I zubmit this to you: if you're going to try attacking someone's credibility, try to know what you're talking about at least half as well as they do. Otherwise you look like an ass.

"MSDS to analyse your product"... thanks for the laugh.

Analysis will be done in a couple of weeks guys, and by that I mean 2-3. I'm in touch with the LC/MS group, but I'm going on vacation next week. If I get it in this week, we'll have results by next week and I'll let you know the following week. If I don't, it will be a few weeks. I'd say keep it dry and in the freezer until then.

h2s
06-19-2013, 11:16 AM
Very interested in seeing the results, positive or negative. Each sponsor has to live up to their name here.

As for the invoice, if it shipped internationally, that is probably why. I have made a few orders for 'stuff' from overseas, and it usually has a description and analysis for a completely different compound unrelated to bodybuilding, or at least hormones.

zubmit
06-19-2013, 11:25 AM
You have misunderstood what I said. (Or I haven't expressed myself clear) What I mean was, that you need the data in the MSDS to cross check with the results from the HPLC? (Or LC/MS) My english isn't my mother language and I was a bit tired when I wrote. But I'm glad to see that you know what you are doing. I've learned that it is good to be skeptical, so don't take it as an attack, more as a double check up.

Back to waiting.

biology
06-21-2013, 04:01 PM
Alright guys, good news and bad news:

Good news: I got the analysis done much sooner than I expected (clearly). The mass spec checks out and shows a strong peak at 712 (M+H, or parent molecule + 1 hydrogen ion), a medium peak at 735 (parent ion + sodium), and a medium-intensity peak at 356.5 (since peaks arise from mass/charge, this is a diprotonated parent molecule, or 2H... basically it's good). It's actually quite similar to the MS on the Debora Labs website - above 400 m/z that is.

Which brings me to the bad news: There are a variety of other peaks of varying intensity, particularly a peak at 387 that I can't identify just now. It is about 1/3 intensity of the 712 peak. My first assumption would be that it's a side product of truncated peptide. That could be removed with chromatography, but it would result in a lower yield and drive up the price I'm sure. All that said and some quick calculations, I would say about 80% purity based upon these results. Which of course makes me question the HPLC report, but I will not be validating that one.

So there's my quick and dirty high tech analysis. Is it Ipamorelin? Most likely - the molecular weight is right, and I would think it would take more work to synthesize a compound of the same molecular weight and properties than to just make the peptide. Is it pure? I don't think so. I would say, yknow, research grade, but not 98%. My only counter argument is that if the velocity was too high, we could be looking at a molecular fragment in that 387 peak. Which LC/MS would have sorted out immediately, but then... not enough time for that :(

All that said: It is NOT L-Carnitine ;)

If a rep from Debora Labs would like to step in to explain that 387 peak, I would be open to hear it. The method was ESI, solvent system was pure MeOH. I would have done 50:50 ACN:H20, but the ACN was almost out.

nate3993
06-21-2013, 07:21 PM
much appreciated info man!

milehighguy
06-22-2013, 10:53 AM
um...
so we have someone on the forum that can lab test stuff to confirm ingredient, quality and if it contains other garbage?
is it me or does this seem like it could be of killer use for all kinds of research chems?
or am i just making this all up in my head

biology
06-23-2013, 09:59 PM
um...
so we have someone on the forum that can lab test stuff to confirm ingredient, quality and if it contains other garbage?
is it me or does this seem like it could be of killer use for all kinds of research chems?
or am i just making this all up in my head

I wish it were that simple. The university I used to work at would have been a lot easier, but here there are fairly tight controls for what goes in the mass spec lab, and they don't take outside samples anymore. Basically if you're not doing university work, you're not using the mass spec. Between that and not having unlimited funds to buy samples from all suppliers, it's a little more complicated than it may seem at a glance.

If others are more financially set than myself, there are universities that take outside samples. All you really need is a low-res mass spec analysis ($58 from Stanford) SUMS Rates (http://mass-spec.stanford.edu/Rates.html). They will probably want a sequence and estimated molecular weight, all of which Google can find for you. You can probably find good tutorials on mass spec interpretation as well. Or I'd be willing to help read it.

milehighguy
06-24-2013, 11:34 AM
I figured as much...didn't think it would be a big production but maybe testing for new or existing sponsors.

Thanks for the info. I may IM you if I decide to run any testing.

longBallLima
06-24-2013, 11:51 AM
i say we pool money and have iron, gw and src tested as well :D

DeboraLabs
07-01-2013, 04:07 AM
Regarding tests results, we would like to comment, that it seems that
test method wasn't incorrect: "I would have done 50:50 ACN:H20, but
the ACN was almost out".
According to your test method, concentration of ACN is too high,
sample can't be eluted, so that's why the ACN was almost out!
The appropriate testing environment should be as follows:
Column : Xbridge BEH130 C18,4.6*250mm,5um
Solvent A : 0.1% Trifluoroacetic in 100% Acetonitrile
Solvent B : 0.1% Trifluoroacetic in 100% Water
Gradient : A B
0.0min 22% 78%
25.0min 47% 53%
25.1min 100% 0%
30.0min Stop
Flow rate : 1.0ml/min
Wavelength : 220nm
We confirm that our products are at least 98% pure and each batch is
tested with HPLC after production cycle.
Hopefully our explanation will solve questions.

BoneDaddy
07-01-2013, 05:15 AM
In for education

milehighguy
07-01-2013, 01:01 PM
i say we pool money and have iron, gw and src tested as well :D

I'd be down for this...

biology
07-10-2013, 12:57 PM
Regarding tests results, we would like to comment, that it seems that
test method wasn't incorrect: "I would have done 50:50 ACN:H20, but
the ACN was almost out".
According to your test method, concentration of ACN is too high,
sample can't be eluted, so that's why the ACN was almost out!
The appropriate testing environment should be as follows:
Column : Xbridge BEH130 C18,4.6*250mm,5um
Solvent A : 0.1% Trifluoroacetic in 100% Acetonitrile
Solvent B : 0.1% Trifluoroacetic in 100% Water
Gradient : A B
0.0min 22% 78%
25.0min 47% 53%
25.1min 100% 0%
30.0min Stop
Flow rate : 1.0ml/min
Wavelength : 220nm
We confirm that our products are at least 98% pure and each batch is
tested with HPLC after production cycle.
Hopefully our explanation will solve questions.

Useful info - but as I said I didn't run HPLC. I ran ESI-MS only in H2O; i.e. we skipped the column and did a direct inject into the mass spec. Because there was very little ACN available (i.e. I couldn't execute the protocol listed here), I didn't use that solvent at all. Also, I'm not sure if that type of column is available for us.
My only real question was to the origin of the 387 m/z peak.

DeboraLabs
07-14-2013, 03:12 AM
To solve the situation, could you please provide us ESI-MS test report to PM or e-mail, then will try to analyze your spectra and get back to u.

Regards,

h2s
07-14-2013, 12:16 PM
I have said before that I would never censor speech against a sponsor from our members. We are very proud of our sponsors here, but we want only the best companies to serve this community I love so much. While I am not going to interject into the discussion of product analysis (As a financial analyst it is well over my head), I want to give credit to both the member who was willing to test the product and Debora Labs, who has been handling this in a respectful manner and looking to make things right. I appreciate both sides remaining civil and hopefully we see a resolution to this that keeps everyone happy.

This is what makes the board a cut above most.

burlyman30
07-15-2013, 09:41 AM
I said I would update you guys on my order, but I've waited a while because I was communicating with Debora Labs during this time. Having used GHRP-2 and CJC 1295 no DAC previously (thanks OD), I had become well aware of it's ability to drop blood sugar, affect sleep, and increase water retention. All dose-dependent, of course. Based on their sponsorship of SwoleSource and their pricing, I placed an order. While researching with the GHRP-2 and CJC 1295 no DAC I received from Debora, I observed none of the "usual" effects of the peptides.

I contacted Debora who, I might add, has been very professional about all of this. They stood by their HPLC analysis and encouraged me to continue researching. Thinking that maybe one (or both) vial(s) was suspect, I opened and tried researching with another two vials. My result was the same as the first, even with dosing at 2 to 3 times the usual saturation dose. I contacted them again and they stated that mine was the only complaint received and that I could return product for a refund or do HPLC analysis.

I am considering my options at this time. I reconstituted a third set of vial yesterday in a hope that the result would be different, but to no avail. So at this time, 3/5 of my order has been either used or reconstituted, and not a lot of money would come back on a return once shipping is figured in. As stated above, I can do an HPLC test for $58 each, plus the cost of shipping.

Thanks, Debora, in your professional and courteous demeanor with emails and fast turnaround responses.

This post is meant solely as informational to the members here. My research experience may not be typical, and I couldn't predict what your response from research might be.

DeboraLabs
07-18-2013, 02:46 AM
Please e-mail us and we will provide you 2 vials of our current batch of you previously ordered peptides or we are ready to provide any 2 other peptides vials, where you can check the potency of products.

sbudanov
07-30-2013, 11:43 PM
Lousy service. I ordered 5 units of PT-141 (10mg vials) and 5 units of PEG-MGF (2mg vials). They sent a sealed container with a sticker 5 units of PT-141 (10mg vials) and 5 units of Sermorelin!!! inside there were only 5 vials! Packaging is not compromised. Documents attached to the drug С8H10N2O3S. In support requests no answer. So I do not understand - that was sent to me?

DeboraLabs
07-31-2013, 02:36 AM
What is your order number?

DeboraLabs
07-31-2013, 02:57 AM
We have replied your email, please be patient and allow us up to 24 hours to answer an e-mail.

kroqster
10-11-2013, 05:33 AM
Hello. I'd like to know of people's experiences importing peptides overseas from Deboralabs. They seem professional and legit. I am still a bit paranoid though, although I realise my country's strict customs control adds to this. The feedback from the users and tester was really appreciated. Big thank you to Burlyman30 and biology. Burlyman30 have you any updates re your Deboralabs experience? Anyone else can share experiences? thanks

kroqster
10-11-2013, 05:46 AM
Upon your requests in our forum thread and PM we have created special discount for Swole forum members. To activate it please enter following code SWOLEPROMO on order checkout screen.

This code gives you 10% discount from order total amount. Please note that this discount could be applied only once.

Please also note by 10% they mean 5% and it only applies to purchases $150 and over...

burlyman30
10-11-2013, 06:59 AM
Unfortunately, I will not be a return customer.

kroqster
10-12-2013, 05:27 AM
Unfortunately, I will not be a return customer.

why is that? products were not effective? Can you recommend a vendor of GHRP-6 you trust? thanks

burlyman30
10-12-2013, 08:11 AM
why is that? products were not effective? Can you recommend a vendor of GHRP-6 you trust? thanks

I went into detail above in post #37. I have switched to our other site sponsor, and am very happy.