PDA

View Full Version : Swole Source: The Evolution Begins

h2s
04-23-2013, 01:08 PM
Hello Swole Source Members,

As with most of my community driven messages, I want to start this post off with a thank you. This site has become much more than I expected it to be, and it is because of the amazing community base and informative discussions we host here. This site has become a resource to many and a home for all. Thank you for being a member here and thank you for your contributions.

As many of you recall, this forum was started as a means to rescue the Primordial Performance community. That little forum we had there was a favorite to many, including myself, and I, nor many of the originating members, could see if disappear overnight. At this point, we have grown beyond that inititial transfer community. As of this day, we have nearly 700 members. This domain was registered on 10/31/12. That provides about 6 months since it's birth (actually less considering it wasn't launched until mid November!), averaging over 100 new members a month. The growth has been exponential over time, so I can only imagine what level we can reach in the near future.

One of my largest regrets in the start of this website was the rush to create a forum due to uncertainty over primordial's endpoint. This lead to a rushed development stage (and caffeine fueled nights ~ Literally nights of taking a preworkout in the middle of the night to finish something up). I can't complain about the result, but I wish I had time to take things slower, not be forced into taking shortcuts, and adding more user options (such as multiple themes). The idea was to rush the start of it, and then iron out the wrinkles from that point. Unfortunately, some of the short cuts taken earlier had to be fixed and time became increasingly limited as my 9-5 (5, yeah right!) grew in intensity and responsibility.

The time has come, however, for a refresh, along with some dedicated time to implementing it properly. There will be system changes, more user options (themes, etc.), more user features (blogs, better profile customization), and potentially a content management system for the hosting of informative articles and more. I unfortunately can not provide an exact deadline, as the planning stages have just begun. I can however, ensure you a much better experience for swole source members in the near future.

I will keep all of you updated as best as I can throughout the process, and will turn to you guys for suggestions when I have any questions. This community belongs to you guys, so I want you to be a strong part of it. Thank you for making SwoleSource what it has become, and thank you for hanging on as we enter this evolution to a better experience.

-h2s.

nate3993
04-23-2013, 01:31 PM
you know i love you hugh laurie

O_RYAN_007
04-23-2013, 01:51 PM
Primordial was my home, but Now SwoleSource is my home!

milehighguy
04-23-2013, 02:04 PM
Very cool...can't stand many of the other forums and consider this one my main go-to for solid advice.

SoCal-Nutrition
04-23-2013, 07:21 PM
exciting! let me know if there's anything I can do on my side to help you out :cool:

O_RYAN_007
04-23-2013, 08:09 PM
I don't go to any other forums.

nate3993
04-23-2013, 08:17 PM
I don't go to any other forums.

only to get feedback about products/ compounds. sure as shit aint for advice

O_RYAN_007
04-23-2013, 08:20 PM
only to get feedback about products/ compounds. sure as shit aint for advice

Makes sense, but I don't use anything other than celery juice these days. :p Not much to review about that, LOL!

Eden
04-23-2013, 09:39 PM
Awesome.

ctAL
04-24-2013, 03:39 AM
cool

Jack O'Neill
04-24-2013, 03:47 AM
Great!

Swole is my web home since december 12.

Grape Ape
04-24-2013, 09:29 PM
Where is my shout box?

h2s
04-24-2013, 11:12 PM
Where is my shout box?

It just made its way to the list of additions. I am sorry I wasn't able to get it going earlier.

Grape Ape
04-25-2013, 12:05 AM
No worries. I just figured it didn't appeal to you, and that was that.

Avl
04-25-2013, 08:31 AM
really good news- this place is solid for info, no doubt.

PNMike
05-10-2013, 07:43 PM
cant wait. I want to run logs on here for people to see results,etc of some of our new products

Hello Swole Source Members,

As with most of my community driven messages, I want to start this post off with a thank you. This site has become much more than I expected it to be, and it is because of the amazing community base and informative discussions we host here. This site has become a resource to many and a home for all. Thank you for being a member here and thank you for your contributions.

As many of you recall, this forum was started as a means to rescue the Primordial Performance community. That little forum we had there was a favorite to many, including myself, and I, nor many of the originating members, could see if disappear overnight. At this point, we have grown beyond that inititial transfer community. As of this day, we have nearly 700 members. This domain was registered on 10/31/12. That provides about 6 months since it's birth (actually less considering it wasn't launched until mid November!), averaging over 100 new members a month. The growth has been exponential over time, so I can only imagine what level we can reach in the near future.

One of my largest regrets in the start of this website was the rush to create a forum due to uncertainty over primordial's endpoint. This lead to a rushed development stage (and caffeine fueled nights ~ Literally nights of taking a preworkout in the middle of the night to finish something up). I can't complain about the result, but I wish I had time to take things slower, not be forced into taking shortcuts, and adding more user options (such as multiple themes). The idea was to rush the start of it, and then iron out the wrinkles from that point. Unfortunately, some of the short cuts taken earlier had to be fixed and time became increasingly limited as my 9-5 (5, yeah right!) grew in intensity and responsibility.

The time has come, however, for a refresh, along with some dedicated time to implementing it properly. There will be system changes, more user options (themes, etc.), more user features (blogs, better profile customization), and potentially a content management system for the hosting of informative articles and more. I unfortunately can not provide an exact deadline, as the planning stages have just begun. I can however, ensure you a much better experience for swole source members in the near future.

I will keep all of you updated as best as I can throughout the process, and will turn to you guys for suggestions when I have any questions. This community belongs to you guys, so I want you to be a strong part of it. Thank you for making SwoleSource what it has become, and thank you for hanging on as we enter this evolution to a better experience.

-h2s.