PDA

View Full Version : Picture Posting Issues

Grape Ape
11-08-2012, 01:36 PM
Having issues posting pictures from URL's. This is with both my avatar and in threads. I get a "file error." I've tried doing it manually, resizing the pictures, and rehoasting them.

Uploading from my comp first post the picture, but a thumbnail attachment.

Any help?

burlyman30
11-08-2012, 02:55 PM
I reduced my avi pic to 200 by 150 so that it would work. That's the only problem I have had so far.

admin
11-08-2012, 03:27 PM
Having issues posting pictures from URL's. This is with both my avatar and in threads. I get a "file error." I've tried doing it manually, resizing the pictures, and rehoasting them.

Uploading from my comp first post the picture, but a thumbnail attachment.

Any help?

When I get home tonight I will look into this. You said it is occuring when you try to upload? If you can, please provide the following info:

Where you have received the error
File type (JPG/GIF/PNG)
If you can copy/paste the exact error, that would really help as well.

Thank you for reporting it by the way.

Grape Ape
11-08-2012, 04:04 PM
No that was a typo. It did work when uploaded, but only showed as a thumbnail. Though I'm sure it was meant to do this.

The issue is when trying to post a pic from a URL link. I either get an error, or the pic only shows up as a link and not the picture. After much frustration I was able to get it by copying the thumbnails URL.

The avatar is still an issue. All pictures I try from links come up as an error. This happens no matter how many times I upload em to a new hosting site, and resize the image to the right parameters.

Could be the image hosting site I use, but it works for other forums.

admin
11-08-2012, 04:15 PM
No that was a typo. It did work when uploaded, but only showed as a thumbnail. Though I'm sure it was meant to do this.

The issue is when trying to post a pic from a URL link. I either get an error, or the pic only shows up as a link and not the picture. After much frustration I was able to get it by copying the thumbnails URL.

The avatar is still an issue. All pictures I try from links come up as an error. This happens no matter how many times I upload em to a new hosting site, and resize the image to the right parameters.

Could be the image hosting site I use, but it works for other forums.

Cool thanks for the detail, I will have it fixed (hopefully) tonight.

Grape Ape
11-08-2012, 04:22 PM
No; thank you.

I will try a new host tonight for a pic or 2, just incase it is not a problem on your end.

admin
11-08-2012, 07:33 PM
Should be fixed. There was a setting that was overriding image specifications and forcing them to thumbnail. I was able to test it and it worked. Let me know if you have any issues.

admin
11-09-2012, 07:35 AM
I completely forgot to check the avatar, let me know if that is still an issue.