PDA

View Full Version : Cissus

Grape Ape
04-26-2013, 09:47 PM
The last six months have been my heaviest lifting to date. Can't deny the results, but some of my joints are starting to get achey, and some body parts hurting a little. Had a a tub of bulk cissus sitting around, so started taking 3 grams or so.

Anyone ever take it? Results?
Any merit to its anabolic properties?

Sorrow
04-26-2013, 10:20 PM
I used super cissus
Joints did feel better, its been awhile I'd have to double check the amount I was using.
No anabolic effects, just less joint pain.

SoCal-Nutrition
04-26-2013, 11:22 PM
I've never noticed the anabolic effects of Cissus, but I can't deny it's benefits for connective tissue...it's become a staple for me.

I've used super cissus, bulk cissus (nasty), and now I'm using Achilles.

longBallLima
04-27-2013, 03:36 AM
Cissus is a staple here too

markam
04-28-2013, 11:38 AM
Cissus is a staple here too

Me too. I've used USPlabs, and SNS as it was cheaper and just as good. Achilles is excellent but I found the Cissus content is a little under dosed, so I use extra Cissus with it.

USN HM 350Z
04-28-2013, 11:44 AM
Been thinking about trying this. The USP Cissus is only $15.00 a bottle on base.

mahatma
05-30-2013, 11:53 AM
Can anyone site Cissus as a bone healer ?
Someone I know has flat feet and is schedualed for a surgury where the bone is cut and the tendon relocated.
My interest is for post op recovery
Cissus yea or nea ?

longBallLima
05-30-2013, 02:14 PM
Can anyone site Cissus as a bone healer ?
Someone I know has flat feet and is schedualed for a surgury where the bone is cut and the tendon relocated.
My interest is for post op recovery
Cissus yea or nea ?

Cissus quadrangularis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cissus_quadrangularis)

A study was undertaken to evaluate the effect of methanolic extract of Cissus quadrangularis L. (CQ) on the healing process of experimentally fractured radius-ulna of dog. CQ treated animals revealed faster initiation of healing process than the control animals on radiological and histopathological examinations. The treated group also revealed a decrease in serum calcium level to a greater extent than the control group. Healing was almost complete on 21st day of fracture in the treated animals and remained incomplete in the control animals. No significant alteration of serum calcium level was observed on 21 st day of fracture in both the groups.[5] [6]
A paper published in the World Journal of Gastroenterology in October 2010, on conflicts of interest in alternative weight loss product research, noted that at least three studies supported the safety and effectiveness of CQ for weight loss, but "lack financial disclosures or funding sources, beyond mentioning that the CQ being tested was provided by" General Health Alliances, an herbal products manufacturer. The studies did not disclose that one of its authors was a chief scientific officer for GHA that holds a patent on a CQ product. [7]