PDA

View Full Version : X-Factor Advanced

Rulk
04-29-2013, 08:37 PM
Okay, this is the last of the natty "hardcore" supps that I have yet to try, but I went and ordered a 200 count bottle from nutraplanet. So i'm gonna give this one a shot and see how it goes. Otherwise I will start dabbling in stronger stuff that is guaranteed to work, ( and cheaper overall ) if you catch my drift. I'll let you guys know what I think when the experiment is over.

pman42
04-29-2013, 11:23 PM
Have you never tried PHs before? just curious

pman42
04-29-2013, 11:47 PM
btw the one time i took x-factor was before an incredibly brutal workout and i just happened to come down with the flu later that same day. god i was fucking in pain. i spent most of the night trying to cook up that topical ibuprofen that the 'grouppe kurosawa' cancer people talk about. it did not work and i ended up with messy skin and sheets, and a very fitful, painful night. i still have the rest of that bottle unused, and i have been thinking about giving it a go. will be interested to hear your results

Rulk
04-30-2013, 12:28 AM
Have you never tried PHs before? just curious

Yes, but very limited. Dabbled in 2004 and 05. Tried some Androhard in 2010, but did not take it too long. Thats it as far as I can remember.

markam
04-30-2013, 01:15 AM
I was interested in this until I learnt more about it. From what I understand, it does work, but it sort of amplifies the bodies inflammation and you are not meant to take fish oil to counter this effect as it would negate effects. Not for me as I tend to suffer from inflammation and am trying to manage it, (mostly successfully now), and x-factor tends to be brutal on your joints. I can't remember the guy's name who developed the product, but I remember that he was taking just one cap a day, so that could be an alternate way of using it, if the sides are bad at full dose. Anyway, interested in your results.

USN HM 350Z
04-30-2013, 06:22 AM
I was interested in this until I learnt more about it. From what I understand, it does work, but it sort of amplifies the bodies inflammation and you are not meant to take fish oil to counter this effect as it would negate effects. Not for me as I tend to suffer from inflammation and am trying to manage it, (mostly successfully now), and x-factor tends to be brutal on your joints. I can't remember the guy's name who developed the product, but I remember that he was taking just one cap a day, so that could be an alternate way of using it, if the sides are bad at full dose. Anyway, interested in your results.

William Llewellyn

Rulk
04-30-2013, 03:52 PM
From what i've read, taking 4 caps before working out, is the best way to use it. I also hear the extra doms and joint soreness starts to go away after 2 or 3 weeks of use. I grabbed some Achilles from Antaeus Labs for my joints, a product that I will compare to MHP's Releve (joint product ). Also I will get blood work done in May and see where I stand, then start the Xfactor.

pman42
04-30-2013, 09:26 PM
Well, eggs and beef have been a classic BBing (especially bulking) food for quite a while. I was trying to do some searching, and couldn't find a great study, but seems the amount in the 'typical' diet is in the 50-250mg range. A lot of people decry it as inflammatory but there is research saying that it might be anti-inflammatory in some respects. guess you can't win on any dietary protocol, there are always gonna be pluses and minuses.

Rulk
04-30-2013, 10:40 PM
I asked Matt Porter, for his 2 cents on arachidonic acid. If I remember correctly, he said a diet high in red meat and whole eggs could offer a similar effect. I will be eating grass fed ground beef and whole eggs ( free range ) while using this product. Curious to see if I will see anything from all this. It might be a good way to go low carb for a while and retain as much lean mass as possible. I'll find out soon, and it's a good thing, as bbq season is pretty much here- meat, meat and more meat.

Edit:
Funny... SNS reps being typical reps over at AM. I went with xfactor and saved myself some money vs their xgels. No wonder why I don't come to these stupid forums anymore.

sandman
05-01-2013, 08:05 AM
I asked Matt Porter, for his 2 cents on arachidonic acid. If I remember correctly, he said a diet high in red meat and whole eggs could offer a similar effect. I will be eating grass fed ground beef and whole eggs ( free range ) while using this product. Curious to see if I will see anything from all this. It might be a good way to go low carb for a while and retain as much lean mass as possible. I'll find out soon, and it's a good thing, as bbq season is pretty much here- meat, meat and more meat.

Edit:
Funny... SNS reps being typical reps over at AM. I went with xfactor and saved myself some money vs their xgels. No wonder why I don't come to these stupid forums anymore.

I was under the impression that X-Gels were less expensive than X-Factor? Am I wrong?

DJM
05-01-2013, 08:29 AM
am i missing something?
xgels is just arach acid...........wtf is that supposed to do on its own? ahhhhh i see, an sns stack of 4-5other things, there we go

h2s
05-01-2013, 09:08 AM
Can I ask you an honest question Noa? Please don't take offense, I am genuinely curious.

What benefit do you seek from taking this product? Why was this product worth the $ for you? It seems to me that even under ideal conditions, it is probably going to provide a very slight benefit, and certainly not the benefit/$ that most would consider worth it.

Also, The SNS write-up had an interesting tid-bit in it:

Due to the mechanism of action of Arachidonic Acid, you may need to increase your total daily protein and calorie intake in order to obtain significant muscle growth. (Often in the 500 to 1000 calorie range)

Interesting. In order to grow on this supplement, you need to eat in excess of your maintenance by 500 - 1000 calories. This will allow your body to increase it's response to training. Last I checked, the calories would probably do it on it's own, and by probably, I mean it would.

Maybe it is because I use hormones, but it seems hard to justify most of these types of supplements. I am not saying all natural supplements suck (they don't, in fact there was awhile where I toyed with the idea of my own line, featuring only ingredients I believed in), but with some of them, people should really sit back and say "what can I expect of this AT BEST?" Usually it will deter you from opening your wallet.

I could be wrong though, maybe this is the miracle product they make it out to be, but with a recommendation to increase cals by 1000 for it to be effective, I wouldn't expect much.

sandman
05-01-2013, 09:38 AM
Sns Reps make it seem like Ara is like taking a mild pro hormone. I was under the impression I missed something along the way because of how much they were raving about it.

Grape Ape
05-01-2013, 10:31 AM
Didn't SNS have issues with their active mg ammount not matching the label?

DJM
05-01-2013, 10:47 AM
noa man
going in circles with these products , cmon dude
its like my wife with shoes lol

jmo, but this stage in the game and your exp, money allocated to supps should be basic staples, 4 or so, and nothing else

Coolazice
05-01-2013, 10:59 AM
noa man

jmo, but this stage in the game and your exp, money allocated to supps should be basic staples, 4 or so, and nothing else

This is exactly why I quit buying the 'muscle magazines' and why I don't spend much time on forums that heavily advertise and sell supplements. A lot of the marketing can be pretty convincing when we are, by nature, always looking for the next best thing. For the most part - if a supplement can't be found on a site like rxwhey, then it's probably not needed. Basically, if you want something that is effective for strength and growth, you need to shop better in the grocery stores and gain access to some real anabolics.

O_RYAN_007
05-01-2013, 12:41 PM
This is exactly why I quit buying the 'muscle magazines' and why I don't spend much time on forums that heavily advertise and sell supplements. A lot of the marketing can be pretty convincing when we are, by nature, always looking for the next best thing. For the most part - if a supplement can't be found on a site like rxwhey, then it's probably not needed. Basically, if you want something that is effective for strength and growth, you need to shop better in the grocery stores and gain access to some real anabolics.

WELL SAID! Damn magazines get you feeling like you're too small and not muscular enough and you need to buy their products to get jacked. IDK man, thats why I just eat, lift, sleep, fk, work, and watch prn!

Rulk
05-01-2013, 04:37 PM
I was under the impression that X-Gels were less expensive than X-Factor? Am I wrong? Cheaper than Original XFactor, but the advanced was a whole 50 day cycle for 15$ less.

noa man

jmo, but this stage in the game and your exp, money allocated to supps should be basic staples, 4 or so, and nothing else And to address H2's question. Simply out of curiosity and something to do while I am natural. I am close to dabbling in the darkside, but I need to get the Mrs. pregnant before I start messing with my balls. I am sure it's 99% mental, but I seem to respond well to supplements, but I feel I have hit close to my natual limit ( muscle growth ). Not bragging, but it seems I am stronger and bigger than most average gym rats, being natural. I just need to lose the fat to have a nice looking physique. I could even do it without "assistance", seeing as my brother competes natty and looks great. I would mostly do what Matt Porter suggest, and only use "assistance", while leaning out. I have not fully pulled the trigger on everything I need to do, but I know what I need to do to get there. It's all mental.

O_RYAN_007
05-01-2013, 07:48 PM
Cheaper than Original XFactor, but the advanced was a whole 50 day cycle for 15$ less.

And to address H2's question. Simply out of curiosity and something to do while I am natural. I am close to dabbling in the darkside, but I need to get the Mrs. pregnant before I start messing with my balls. I am sure it's 99% mental, but I seem to respond well to supplements, but I feel I have hit close to my natual limit ( muscle growth ). Not bragging, but it seems I am stronger and bigger than most average gym rats, being natural. I just need to lose the fat to have a nice looking physique. I could even do it without "assistance", seeing as my brother competes natty and looks great. I would mostly do what Matt Porter suggest, and only use "assistance", while leaning out. I have not fully pulled the trigger on everything I need to do, but I know what I need to do to get there. It's all mental.

Then why not go the pep route? I know you want to get the Mrs. prego, but you can use peps to help you lean out, get good quality lbm, great night sleep, and AMAZING recovery! Prob cheaper around the same you pay for the X-Factor.

AresTS
05-12-2013, 12:57 AM

Edit:

Feel free anytime to shoot me a pm here asking about any of our products. I can help get you squared away with no BS.

I'm not pushing products H2S just stumbled upon this thread via Google.

I was under the impression that X-Gels were less expensive than X-Factor? Am I wrong?

It depends on where you look. You also need to realize that there are two versions of X Factor - Advanced and Original. Original being the more expensive and more preferred. Advanced seems to be on its way out tbh.

Can I ask you an honest question Noa? Please don't take offense, I am genuinely curious.

What benefit do you seek from taking this product? Why was this product worth the $ for you? It seems to me that even under ideal conditions, it is probably going to provide a very slight benefit, and certainly not the benefit/$ that most would consider worth it.

Also, The SNS write-up had an interesting tid-bit in it:

Interesting. In order to grow on this supplement, you need to eat in excess of your maintenance by 500 - 1000 calories. This will allow your body to increase it's response to training. Last I checked, the calories would probably do it on it's own, and by probably, I mean it would.

Maybe it is because I use hormones, but it seems hard to justify most of these types of supplements. I am not saying all natural supplements suck (they don't, in fact there was awhile where I toyed with the idea of my own line, featuring only ingredients I believed in), but with some of them, people should really sit back and say "what can I expect of this AT BEST?" Usually it will deter you from opening your wallet.

I could be wrong though, maybe this is the miracle product they make it out to be, but with a recommendation to increase cals by 1000 for it to be effective, I wouldn't expect much.

The reason for the calorie increase is due to ArA increasing protein synthesis. It's not really all that far fetched every andro series product came with something along those very same lines. If you want a consumer to get the most bang for their buck you try to set them up for success. An increase in protein synthesis would call for additional calories as you well know.

Didn't SNS have issues with their active mg ammount not matching the label?

The first batch from last year there were QC issues. We have lab analysis pipework on these ones, no issues.

Cheaper than Original XFactor, but the advanced was a whole 50 day cycle for 15$ less.

And to address H2's question. Simply out of curiosity and something to do while I am natural. I am close to dabbling in the darkside, but I need to get the Mrs. pregnant before I start messing with my balls. I am sure it's 99% mental, but I seem to respond well to supplements, but I feel I have hit close to my natual limit ( muscle growth ). Not bragging, but it seems I am stronger and bigger than most average gym rats, being natural. I just need to lose the fat to have a nice looking physique. I could even do it without "assistance", seeing as my brother competes natty and looks great. I would mostly do what Matt Porter suggest, and only use "assistance", while leaning out. I have not fully pulled the trigger on everything I need to do, but I know what I need to do to get there. It's all mental.

If you have the chance I strongly recommend you try to send it back or sell it for the original or X-gels. Advanced has contraindicated ingredients for maximum results.

Grape Ape
09-12-2013, 11:40 PM
Results anyone?

nate3993
09-13-2013, 02:07 AM
Eat Lots of steak and whole eggs.

Rulk
09-18-2013, 01:02 AM
I had a busy summer and never started xfactor. In fact I stopped all supplements in general, which was nice. For a good while it's been nothing but whole food and training, but I have to admit, I want to increase the intensity and start adding back some staples.