PDA

View Full Version : Shoulder Pain

Dr. Fever
05-01-2013, 08:37 PM
When I raise my left arm (palm down) to do side lat raises I get sharp pain & loss of strength in side delt area. If I raise the arm with palm facing inward there is no pain. I found an on line questionnaire that points to tendonitis. The pain started after I started the MI 40 program that incorporates 4 sec negatives. I am trying a supplement called "Recovery" by Purica. 1 week in. Not much relief yet.
Ingredients:
Nutricol (proprietary extracts of grape & green tea)
msm 1000mg
glucosamine 750mg
vit c 400 mg
betaine 200 mg magnesium 145 mg
hyaluronic acid 25 mg
in a base of organic hyperberry formula (blueberry ,blackberry, raspberry, cranberry)
Questions....
-Is there other products that would help with inflammation & recovery of tendons?
-What would be good warm up exercises?

Dr. Fever
05-01-2013, 08:47 PM
The ingredients are per 5 capsules. To be taken 3 times a day before meals.

pman42
05-01-2013, 09:29 PM
I am not super knowledgeable about the warmups, but I usually do arm circles (starting small and getting bigger), arm crossovers where I start with both arms folded across my chest and then pull them back behind myself, and stretches where i grab a belt in front then rotate shoulders all the way overhead and down in back until the belt touches my back. eric cressey has a shoulder article that's good. don't do anything that feels like it 'tweaks' your shoulder. foam rolling is also a standard recommendation. i can't describe here how to hit all angles of the shoulder but you can look it up pretty easy.

for the other part, I think Recovery is an excellent supplement. the nutricol will have anti-inflammatory and anti-catabolic properties that strengthen membrane and connective tissue matrix (i can post some stuff from the Recovery technical monograph if you want). i have degenerative disc and a bit of bursitis. i did notice better results when i added in a separate hyaluronic acid supplement. i bought the Swanson brand, 100mg, and take it once a day. people seem to like cissus too, and it has treated me well in the past, but recently it doesn't seem to be doing the trick.

I do like recovery in large doses, like 3-4 servings/day. of course it gets expensive at this dosage, but I see you're in Canada so if you want it for cheeeeep message me and I can hook you up

Dr. Fever
05-01-2013, 09:55 PM
I definitely have to implement more warm up exercises. I have to try to not irritate it but, the shoulder is almost always a part of any upper body exercise. Will definitely read up what Eric has to say. My supplement guy mentioned the hyaluronic acid & turmeric. Thanks for the offer, I will see how this works & might get a hold of you when the bottles is half done.

Dcabedo
05-01-2013, 10:16 PM
Got the same problem in my knees, but Forged joint repair and foam rolling alot more have helped calm the pain down a ton. Only time it feels slightly uncomfortable is when I squat.

Dr. Fever
05-01-2013, 10:41 PM
I'll have to try the roller on my shoulder. I have used it on the sciatic nerve. It helped a lot over time. Thing is I can press against my delt & have no pain.

Dcabedo
05-02-2013, 12:46 AM
http://youtu.be/RcQogAS5638

I'll do this every shoulder and chest day except I would use the little 5 lb. plate. Also helps me a ton.

Fat Bill Dwyer
05-02-2013, 04:44 AM
Torn biceps heals more quickly in steroids users (http://www.ergo-log.com/torn-biceps-heals-more-quickly-in-steroids-users.html)

*solved*

JM1000
05-02-2013, 08:50 AM
tendonitis is an inflamation of the joint, you should give it a few weeks of rest. Applying hot/cold wil help decrease inflamation. Ibuprofen will help if the pain is intense. Like everyone is saying, when you get back to lifting a proper warmup is a good idea. Better shoulder/tricep /bicep mobility will help you get rid of shoulder problems forever (unless you're that guy that is swinging 100pds on lateral raises :P). Joint support might help it but rest is your best option

longBallLima
05-02-2013, 11:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zvOy19gwAA

sorry had to lol

that being said. cissus is a miracle worker here. the wife had nagging pains in her shoulder and neck. a week after starting cissus, it was mostly gone

Dr. Fever
05-02-2013, 11:54 AM
Decabedo- I cant rotate my arm like that with no weight without extreme pain. Thats why I don't think its rotator cuff.
Fat Bill Dwyer- Do roids help tendonitis as well?:D
JM 1000- I am about 1/3 of the way in an 8 week cycle of tbol & var. Would hate to stop that & stop working out upper body. Applying cold is a good idea. Rest it, is a great idea, but doing nothing would suck! I'm not the guy that has big ego & needs to push huge weight. I prefer good form over heavy weight.

Dr. Fever
05-02-2013, 12:00 PM
longBallLima- thats freakin' hilarious!!! love it. I was thinking the nagging pain your wife was having was related to you, ha ha! Cissus is something I will have to try.

O_RYAN_007
05-02-2013, 01:26 PM
look into the bamboo bar. You can hang some kettle bells from the end of the bar (using bands) I don't have a bamboo bar, but I use the regular barbell at my gym and hang the kettle bells from ends of the bar (most times I use the 30-35# KB on each side). This is suppose to create oscillation through the bar to your shoulder making your stabilizer muscles in the shoulder really work. I love doing this at the end of an intense benching session, it reawlly frees up my shoulder. Look into kanesio taping techniques that may help the area of your shoulder thats bothering you.

Dr. Fever
05-02-2013, 02:21 PM
The kanesio taping is interesting but would need the wife to do that for me everytime I work out. wont happen.

O_RYAN_007
05-02-2013, 06:47 PM
The kanesio taping is interesting but would need the wife to do that for me everytime I work out. wont happen.

My wife is an Occupational Therapist and is Kinesio tape certified, so she tapes me pretty quickly. But I really only "NEED" it when i bench or hit shoulders.

northcutt
05-02-2013, 07:02 PM
run a search on "Shoulder mobility using lacrosse ball" you will find stuff. Release is money from it and it is able to hit in places the roller has a hard time getting to. I'd try to explain but you're better finding a few videos. When you find a "hot spot" or trigger you'll know!

pman42
05-02-2013, 07:42 PM
Torn biceps heals more quickly in steroids users (http://www.ergo-log.com/torn-biceps-heals-more-quickly-in-steroids-users.html)

*solved*
In theory I think you're right (I know you're probably kidding), but if it were me the temptation to push really hard while on would be there, and i'd get injured

Dr. Fever
05-03-2013, 11:43 AM
run a search on "Shoulder mobility using lacrosse ball" you will find stuff. Release is money from it and it is able to hit in places the roller has a hard time getting to. I'd try to explain but you're better finding a few videos. When you find a "hot spot" or trigger you'll know!
I will have to check this out. I want to buy Super Cissus & give it a try, but I cant find it or out of stock here in the Great White North.

longBallLima
05-03-2013, 12:19 PM
longBallLima- thats freakin' hilarious!!! love it. I was thinking the nagging pain your wife was having was related to you, ha ha! Cissus is something I will have to try.

haha im sure i had something to do with it.

but seriously, joint rebuild or whatever it was from PN was great and when they ran out, super cissus. good stuff!

oh, i tend to feel healthier joints when i'm on peptides as well but might be placebo

O_RYAN_007
05-03-2013, 12:43 PM
haha im sure i had something to do with it.

but seriously, joint rebuild or whatever it was from PN was great and when they ran out, super cissus. good stuff!

oh, i tend to feel healthier joints when i'm on peptides as well but might be placebo

Its not just you, I feel the same way.

Dr. Fever
05-03-2013, 01:33 PM
Peptides, ok.

O_RYAN_007
05-03-2013, 03:41 PM
Great video! Its a lot to take it, but its work the time.

Myofascial release and Biomechanics for the forearm, tricep and shoulder - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b86HphITCs)

longBallLima
05-03-2013, 05:07 PM
Peptides, ok.

i use Mod GRF 1-29 and GHRP 6
never used it ,but heard promising research on TB 500 healing properties.

pman42
05-03-2013, 08:13 PM
a general anti-inflammatory protocol would also be of benefit here, like fish oil, turmeric, bromelain, etc. bromelain on an empty stomach works almost as good as an NSAID for me

Dr. Fever
05-03-2013, 09:08 PM
a general anti-inflammatory protocol would also be of benefit here, like fish oil, turmeric, bromelain, etc. bromelain on an empty stomach works almost as good as an NSAID for me
I al ready do 6 g of krill a day & I picked up turmeric yesterday, am doing 3 a day.

Dr. Fever
05-03-2013, 09:47 PM
Great video! Its a lot to take it, but its work the time.

Myofascial release and Biomechanics for the forearm, tricep and shoulder - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b86HphITCs)
Very interesting, shows how range of motion & even strength can be affected from a muscle that not even connected to one another.

pman42
05-04-2013, 12:15 AM
I al ready do 6 g of krill a day & I picked up turmeric yesterday, am doing 3 a day.
depending on the preparation you may need to go high, like REALLY high. pure curcumin is not great about getting into circulation without piperine or some form of enhanced absorption technology

i base this on studies and also the fact i was dosing 2-10 grams of a 95% extract with almost zero results

Dr. Fever
05-04-2013, 12:59 AM
depending on the preparation you may need to go high, like REALLY high. pure curcumin is not great about getting into circulation without piperine or some form of enhanced absorption technology

i base this on studies and also the fact i was dosing 2-10 grams of a 95% extract with almost zero results
Freakin' crazy, that's a lot.

WHC
05-13-2013, 10:54 AM
That can be some kinda disturbance in the area may be related to the muscles,That can be reaction of any medication or supplement i suggest you to stop having if you are having something like that may be you will see a change than stop using it.Apply olive oil on that area.

Yeah, olive oil.:confused:

longBallLima
05-13-2013, 11:54 AM
little garlic, italian herbs, bake it for no more than 5 minutes, just a crisp really.

Dr. Fever
05-13-2013, 12:05 PM
Baked Canadian Shoulder! Ta Da!