PDA

View Full Version : Contest Entry Fees

h2s
11-09-2012, 08:41 AM
Former PP members: I will be refunding contest entry costs today at around noon central time. I do not think it is going to be feasible to have the contest transfered over here smoothly and fairly for everyone, and some of the contest guys didn't make the switch. If you do not receive your refund by the end of today, please let me know.

-h2s

O_RYAN_007
11-09-2012, 10:31 AM
Former PP members: I will be refunding contest entry costs today at around noon central time. I do not think it is going to be feasible to have the contest transfered over here smoothly and fairly for everyone, and some of the contest guys didn't make the switch. If you do not receive your refund by the end of today, please let me know.

-h2s

I really appreciate all you efforts in getting the strength comp/aesthetics comp going on over on Primordial! The work you have done here has also been awesome! I commend your hard work; your a great man! BTW, I received my axon and aegis the other day.

Thanks,
RRR

h2s
11-09-2012, 10:32 AM
I really appreciate all you efforts in getting the strength comp/aesthetics comp going on over on Primordial! The work you have done here has also been awesome! I commend your hard work; your a great man! BTW, I received my axon and aegis the other day.

Thanks,
RRR

No problem, and happy to hear you received it, enjoy! Maybe we will do another comp in the future.

O_RYAN_007
11-09-2012, 10:36 AM
No problem, and happy to hear you received it, enjoy! Maybe we will do another comp in the future.

I'll tell you that I've never been stronger in my life, and that the comp really made me love Powerlifting more and more!

h2s
11-09-2012, 02:16 PM
All of the fees have officially been returned.

Paypal balance was cleared to the penny (I actually had to transfer some from my standard account because it seems I got hit with a fee somewhere):

http://i.imgur.com/M1hXv.png

A note:

I want to appologize to you guys for a couple of things:

1.) I wish the transition would have been easier to do with all of this, I hate to kill off something that was keeping you motivated.
2.) Paypal has charged you all fees. I know I demanded that you send your payments via gift, but because we have passed the "refund" period in paypal, I had to "pay" you all, which meant either I pay fees or you guys do. While I am usually willing to eat cost for fairness, I figure it would have been a couple bucks to you guys, but would have totaled to alot more for me. So it made sense.
3.) I will not be able to hold such a contest in the future. Although I would be willing to administer it. I could not collect payments like I had before. The reason being is I am now the owner of this website, where as before I was just another member. Legally this would put me into a position that is considered gambling, and for my own good I have to avoid that.

Another Note:
I know alot of you guys had messaged me telling me to keep the fee. To be fair, I have returned all of the fees. If you would like to support me or this website, hit up my for sale thread in the Classifieds section, and buy yourself some AL products, lol.

xxiv
11-09-2012, 02:30 PM
the contest was a great idea and it almost worked. thanks for the effort.

burlyman30
11-09-2012, 02:39 PM
You just saved me "sweating" through the judging. That would have been hard. lol.

Interesting about "gambling" restriction. Glad you looked into that, for your own protection. Maybe in the future, there will be some companies who would like to sponsor such a contest.

h2s
11-09-2012, 02:42 PM
You just saved me "sweating" through the judging. That would have been hard. lol.

Interesting about "gambling" restriction. Glad you looked into that, for your own protection. Maybe in the future, there will be some companies who would like to sponsor such a contest.

There was actually some heavy prizes coming in from GWP, AL and Primordial all were going to put up for the winner. There was also a total of $900 in cash between the pools.

I actually can't say that law is for sure, a buddy of mine had mentioned it originally, and we figured since I wasn't primordial, it wasn't seen as the action of a business.

burlyman30
11-09-2012, 02:46 PM
Ahh, I guess I was fuzzy on the details. Either I didn't know or had forgotten about the companies who had stepped in.