PDA

View Full Version : Cobalts journey with no set destination

Pages : [1] 2

Cobalt
05-17-2013, 07:04 PM
Starting a thread for myself, mainly as a way to stay with things and get feedback.

As some of you know, I had an accident at work, resulting in the loss of part of two fingers. SO, the gym is on hold until further notice. I've been told by 4 different doctors, including one that is an orthopedic surgeon that specializes in the hands, to not touch the gym. Against my will, I am going to obey their commands.

This puts me at a standstill, fresh out of PCT.

However, I feel that the break will be worth it because I was starting to feel the stress of life getting a bit heavy.

SO, not wanting to just shut out the lifting community, this is my outlet to stay with everything. I'll be updating this topic with my progress of getting healed and back to the gym. From there, it will become a general workout log.

olddawg
05-17-2013, 07:06 PM
can you still pick your nose? it's a legitimate question

burlyman30
05-17-2013, 09:06 PM
Good idea, bud. Stay in it however you can. You could spend some time reading up on different training systems like westside, DC, etc. You could take a closer look at periodization training and the different types, you could study up on some in depth nutrition concepts, you could look back at old school training and diet and see how things have changed or not changed. Lots of things to stimulate the mind that will give you loads of information that you can try putting into practice later.

Scope75
05-17-2013, 09:08 PM
What kind of progress was made on your cycle.
I remember it was pretty aggressive so how'd that go??

Sperwer
05-17-2013, 09:57 PM
What Burly said!

Hang in there!

weekend
05-17-2013, 10:47 PM
leg presssss

VayneZ
05-18-2013, 05:43 PM
I usually deal with the stress of life in the gym.... it's my moment to release all the mad hatred inside and all the messed up scenario's that for some reason ALWAYS seem to happen in my life.

Me being in your position would just wear me down depressed. I hope you see it different, but if anything, we are here to keep you focused until you recover bro! Some disadvantages serves as advantages in other areas. You'll come out of this stronger.

Cobalt
05-18-2013, 07:35 PM
Thanks for the support.

I feel like I've already gotten through the worst of the gym withdraw, so at least that is over. I like burlys idea of studying up on various things. I've been kinda overwhelmed by so much 'new' stuff in the workout/BB scene that I feel like I want to study up on some old-school stuff. Any books out there that may be a good read?

As far as my last cycle, I'll type up details later. Typing is a bitch right now, almost learning to type again because I lost some length and bone structure.

Yes OD, I can pick my nose, but I have to use my ring finger, lol.

burlyman30
05-18-2013, 07:45 PM
I like burlys idea of studying up on various things. I've been kinda overwhelmed by so much 'new' stuff in the workout/BB scene that I feel like I want to study up on some old-school stuff. Any books out there that may be a good read?

If you have a good library, they may have some of the OLD Muscle Builder/Power magazines from the 60s and 70s before it became Muscle and Fitness. I remember reading some of the old ones at my library (20 years ago) and it was pretty cool to see the philosophies, training, and diet of the old schoolers. Not only that, but ocassionally they even posted their steroid cycles. lol. No joke.

The Robert Kennedy books from the 80s were inspiring to me. Reps! was one of them...I think Mass was another. I don't recall the others. There are some old "History of Iron" type books you may find at the library... ones that go from Eugene Sandow to Paul Anderson to Arnold. Tom Platz wrote a book called Pro-Style Bodybuilding. Try to find an old copy of The Underground Steroid Handbook by Dan Duchaine. Should be an interesting read. That should get you started.

USN HM 350Z
05-18-2013, 08:08 PM
If you have a good library, they may have some of the OLD Muscle Builder/Power magazines from the 60s and 70s before it became Muscle and Fitness. I remember reading some of the old ones at my library (20 years ago) and it was pretty cool to see the philosophies, training, and diet of the old schoolers. Not only that, but ocassionally they even posted their steroid cycles. lol. No joke.

The Robert Kennedy books from the 80s were inspiring to me. Reps! was one of them...I think Mass was another. I don't recall the others. There are some old "History of Iron" type books you may find at the library... ones that go from Eugene Sandow to Paul Anderson to Arnold. Tom Platz wrote a book called Pro-Style Bodybuilding. Try to find an old copy of The Underground Steroid Handbook by Dan Duchaine. Should be an interesting read. That should get you started.

Wish I was rich enough to get a hold of this. Should have bought 10 of them back in the day, I could retire early.

Coolazice
05-18-2013, 08:36 PM
I have The Underground Steroid Handbook II by Dan Duchaine... is it the same as the original? Think I might have to do a little reading from it since I just recently found where I packed it away years ago.

burlyman30
05-18-2013, 08:42 PM
I have The Underground Steroid Handbook II by Dan Duchaine... is it the same as the original? Think I might have to do a little reading from it since I just recently found where I packed it away years ago.

Never saw the updated version. Only had a Xeroxed copy that I pretty much memorized as a teen. I imagine it was very similar with a few corrections (there were a few misstatements in the original) and maybe a bit expanded in a few areas.

Coolazice
05-18-2013, 08:53 PM
Never saw the updated version. Only had a Xeroxed copy that I pretty much memorized as a teen. I imagine it was very similar with a few corrections (there were a few misstatements in the original) and maybe a bit expanded in a few areas.

This one isn't much better than a Xeroxed copy. It's 21 sheets of paper (84 pages in all) folded in half (plus cover) and stapled together. It looks kind of cheap, but it's the content that I paid for, so I'll have to see how good it is. Last time I read anything out of it was probably 16 years ago and it was all Greek to me then. It should make a whole lot more sense now that I have a slightly better understanding of things.

Coolazice
05-18-2013, 08:59 PM
Holy crap!!! I had no idea the book was worth that much!!! Underground Steroid Handbook II: Incorporating Material From the Original Underground Steroid Handbook, Ultimate Muscle Mass, and the USH Updates #1-10: Daniel Duchaine: Amazon.com: Books (http://www.amazon.com/Underground-Steroid-Handbook-II-Incorporating/dp/B000NWKVXQ)

I might just have to put that bad boy on the market after I read through it and copy it. It's in "brand new" condition. :D

USN HM 350Z
05-18-2013, 09:55 PM
Holy crap!!! I had no idea the book was worth that much!!! Underground Steroid Handbook II: Incorporating Material From the Original Underground Steroid Handbook, Ultimate Muscle Mass, and the USH Updates #1-10: Daniel Duchaine: Amazon.com: Books (http://www.amazon.com/Underground-Steroid-Handbook-II-Incorporating/dp/B000NWKVXQ)

I might just have to put that bad boy on the market after I read through it and copy it. It's in "brand new" condition. :D

look at the 1st books prices.

Coolazice
05-18-2013, 10:09 PM
look at the 1st books prices.

I see your point, but, I don't have to wish about having Underground Steroid Handbook II cuz it's sitting right here next to me. :D

Cobalt
05-19-2013, 12:24 AM
I have a pdf of the 2nd handbook, can't find the first one though.
Didn't realize it was that popular, lol.

burlyman30
05-19-2013, 12:29 AM
I have a pdf of the 2nd handbook, can't find the first one though.
Didn't realize it was that popular, lol.

Historical value, really, though I had no idea how much people would pay for it.

Edit: I just looked at the photos of the USH and it said the first printing was in 1989. 1989 was the year I received my photocopy. At that time, I thought it had been around for a while, but apparently what I had was hot off the Xerox machine. Interesting stuff. After pretty much memorizing that booklet in '89, it was a strange twist of fate to actually become acquainted with Duchaine back in the mid 90s and have a chance to converse with him over the course of time.

Cobalt
05-23-2013, 08:13 AM
Feeling pretty good about everything right now. I'm typing again without much issue. Still lacking feeling in the new 'tips' of my index and middle fingers, but I think that I've adjusted enough to type with all fingers... at least without many errors, lol.

Been doing physical therapy, which sucks, but I've regained about 60-70% of the strength in my fingers. Much ahead of where they thought that I would be at this point - about 1 month after the accident happened. My gripping strength was off the charts with my right hand though, they were impressed. :rolleyes:

Picked up one of these:
DFX Sports Powerball Pro Gyro (http://www.dynaflexpro.com/store.php?crn=220&rn=412&action=show_detail)
Freakin awesome for working out the forearms, my right arm was sore from it.

I've lost about 12 lbs over the last month though. Kinda sucks, but it'll come back!

burlyman30
05-23-2013, 09:22 AM
how much did you lose off of your fingers?

markam
05-23-2013, 10:07 AM
how much did you lose off of your fingers?

Bet his wife's pissed :)

Cobalt
05-23-2013, 02:55 PM
LOL, it's my left hand, so the right one still get the job done.

Dunno exact measurements, but it wasn't a clean cut. It was at an angle and it was more of a smash/tear than a cut. So looking down on my fingers so all you see it pure length, maybe 1/8 - 3/16".
But the side view isn't as good, the whole nail is gone and the bone broke, so the cut back most of the bone above the knuckle.

longBallLima
05-23-2013, 03:00 PM
LOL, it's my left hand, so the right one still get the job done.

Dunno exact measurements, but it wasn't a clean cut. It was at an angle and it was more of a smash/tear than a cut. So looking down on my fingers so all you see it pure length, maybe 1/8 - 3/16".
But the side view isn't as good, the whole nail is gone and the bone broke, so the cut back most of the bone above the knuckle.

nails are pointless dude, you're a more advanced human being now lol

you ever thought about competing? i tell ya, it was the biggest motivator to get my ass into gear (in both meanings of the word)

markam
05-23-2013, 03:29 PM
Shit. Sounds bad.

I broke my wrist from a car/motorbike accident, so I can sympathise. Hopefully the accident won't affect anything you do, but whatever, from a fellow sufferer, I know it's not great.

Cobalt
05-23-2013, 06:25 PM
you ever thought about competing? i tell ya, it was the biggest motivator to get my ass into gear (in both meanings of the word)

I've thought about it, and the BBing scene is pretty big around here, but the wife doesn't like it.

I'm not saying that I'd want to be the next Mr. Olympia or anything, but I'd love to get into competing for the motivation.

As a matter of fact, I know quite a few people in the area that are active in it. One guy who owns some 'juice bars' inside a few gyms (protein shakes and stuff) also runs personal trainers through it. A good number of them compete, and hes tried to get me to get into it with them to see if I liked it.
I met him about 6 years ago when I was fat and weighed around 180 - 190, I worked as a repair tech on the weight room equipment at the gym. I recently started going back to that gym, and since that point, I've totally changed my physique and he was very impressed.

Honestly, if it wasn't for the wife, I may have gotten into it by this point. It is probably the ONLY thing in my life that has made me feel better about myself and something that I just can't get enough of.

Life isn't anywhere near over though. We will see how things turn out.

olddawg
05-23-2013, 06:30 PM
If this is too personal then don't answer it, but I'm wondering why she is against it? she must be afraid of something ???

Cobalt
05-23-2013, 06:45 PM
If this is too personal then don't answer it, but I'm wondering why she is against it? she must be afraid of something ???

Nah, she thinks the big/ripped is really bad looking. I've tried to explain to her that you don't look that way 24/7. Hell, I hit 230 on my last cycle and she didn't like the sheer size of me. Can't be mad at her though, everyone has their opinion.

JM1000
05-23-2013, 06:48 PM
I feel you on this one, my girl can go nuts when she see`s me looking at BBing photos or following different athletes on facebook.

olddawg
05-23-2013, 07:04 PM
for sure you have to respect her feelings, my wife is the same way, she gets grossed out when you can really see the muscle or veins-which ain't often on me lol. she still doesn't like it but can see the hard work I do at it and how I have to fight to not get fat again and she respects that. a lean body isn't her thing lol,

burlyman30
05-23-2013, 08:41 PM
Chuckling as I read this, as my wife goes ga-ga over The Rock, Vin Diesel, Jason Statham, Mark Walberg, etc. I was just finishing my final BBing contest when we met. Part of the reason we hit it off to begin with. She LOVES the muscle guys.

However, she doesn't want me to compete because of some things I've told her, like I turn into a real jerk when I am dieting down and the fact that it's a very self centered sport by nature.

I have no plans to compete again, but I'm not ruling it out indefinitely. If I trained for it, I'm pretty sure I would still do very well at the state and regional levels based on what I saw at the Mr.Oregon last year. Nationals is a whole other world, though, which was the conclusion I came to 22 years ago.

I will say this, though: as a teen, bbing and competing was absolutely instrumental in my development of self esteem and confidence as a young man. Confidence that went far beyond my muscle development, because over the years, I let that slip away in lieu of other priorities and it stayed with me.

Ask Sperwer about his experience on the contest prep and competition. He will likely tell you it felt like some rite of passage. Taking your body and mind and discipline to a level you've never been and most people will never achieve. It's euphoric in a way, actually.

Cobalt
05-28-2013, 11:33 AM
Got back from the ortho doctor this morning. She said I'm cleared for full use of my hands.
I very specifically asked if I could jump back into the gym, her answer was "I encourage it".

I celebrated by going to the grocery store and getting a ton of chicken, broccoli, and some linguine (gotta satisfy my Italian cravings).

Hopefully I'll be in the gym tomorrow, TIME TO GET SORE AGAIN!

longBallLima
05-28-2013, 01:18 PM
I've thought about it, and the BBing scene is pretty big around here, but the wife doesn't like it.

I'm not saying that I'd want to be the next Mr. Olympia or anything, but I'd love to get into competing for the motivation.

As a matter of fact, I know quite a few people in the area that are active in it. One guy who owns some 'juice bars' inside a few gyms (protein shakes and stuff) also runs personal trainers through it. A good number of them compete, and hes tried to get me to get into it with them to see if I liked it.
I met him about 6 years ago when I was fat and weighed around 180 - 190, I worked as a repair tech on the weight room equipment at the gym. I recently started going back to that gym, and since that point, I've totally changed my physique and he was very impressed.

Honestly, if it wasn't for the wife, I may have gotten into it by this point. It is probably the ONLY thing in my life that has made me feel better about myself and something that I just can't get enough of.

Life isn't anywhere near over though. We will see how things turn out.

Do physique. Women who are afraid their men will turn into ungodly beasts usually have no issues with physique. Or check some other federations, such as the WBFF since they have so many different categories. I'm sure if it's something that makes you feel better about yourself, your wife might be understanding, no?

other than that, good news on the hand, hit it hard, broski! :D

Cobalt
05-29-2013, 12:27 PM
Finally got in a good workout. First time in almost 6 weeks.
Everything was great, except for rows and pullups. They require a lot more gripping strength than I can offer, so I ended up going light on the rows. Pullups just didn't happen.
I hit everything at least once so that I don't kill myself. I figure I'll do a couple weeks of full body working out and slowly increase the weight each time. From there I should be able to slip into hitting a couple muscle groups during each workout.

I was surprised how much my arms have been leaning out though. My left bicep was a tad weaker from almost not using my left arm while my hand was hurt, but while doing curls my veins were really popping out.

The worst thing about it all was that I put on shorts because of the weather warming up. I was able to see how damned pale my legs are compared to my arms.
MT2 may be in store...

Do physique.
Thought about it. Wife doesn't like huge muscles, but also thinks very low body fat is ugly too. Although, she mainly sees the fake-tanned 200lbs+ 5% bf BB'ers, so who knows.

olddawg
05-29-2013, 12:31 PM
fuck she's a keeper and power lifting it is. no cutting, no cardio, I love her!

- - - Updated - - -

eat, eat, eat

Cobalt
05-29-2013, 04:35 PM
fuck she's a keeper and power lifting it is. no cutting, no cardio, I love her!

- - - Updated - - -

eat, eat, eat

Do what?

Cobalt
06-04-2013, 03:45 PM
One solid week of being back at it, got 4 good workouts in.

Gripping strength is only limited by the pain in the tips of my fingers. That is mainly due to hypersensitive nerves and will go away with time.

I was able to hold onto the bar long enough to do a few pull ups, and even some dead lifts - with straps though. But even with the straps, you have to really grip the bar. I was able to pull 315, but I could only do one rep because of the soreness in the left fingers.

Everything is going good, but my hands/fingers are sore as shit. Not the painful sore like in the 2 hurt fingers, but sore from having to be away for 6 weeks. Feels good though.

One thing that I have started to do - packing my shoulders. I've always been told to hold my shoulders 'back' when doing certain exercises (like benching), but never back AND down. Makes a huge difference. I tried packing my shoulders and benching only 135 to see how it felt and holy hell it hit my chest pretty well.

Cobalt
06-10-2013, 02:54 PM
Thought i'd add some photos.

Summer of 2012, roughly a year ago:

Then today:

Full-body workouts were not cutting it. I wasn't feeling much, any soreness would be gone within a few hours of showing up. I switched over to a normal routine of hitting a couple muscle groups per session. It did the trick, I'm so sore and loving it.

longBallLima
06-10-2013, 03:18 PM
cobalt, you a metalhead or just sporting the look?

Scope75
06-10-2013, 05:46 PM
What's your stats in the pics??

burlyman30
06-10-2013, 07:10 PM
cobalt, you a metalhead or just sporting the look?

Or of strong Viking heritage...

Cobalt
06-11-2013, 05:40 AM
Or of strong Viking heritage...

This pretty much. My bloodline does come from heavy Norse lines. Don't get me wrong, I do like some metal, but I'm not a metalhead, lol.

My stats are 5'9", 215 lbs. Dunno what other numbers you may want, not too sure of my bf, haven't calculated it.

Sperwer
06-11-2013, 05:52 AM
Right there w/ you, bro.

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

olddawg
06-11-2013, 05:52 AM
you look a bit leaner in the recent pic

Sperwer
06-11-2013, 06:11 AM
Just hope you don't Dupuytren's Contracture. It's pretty common among the descendant's of the old Norse tribes. My immediate forebears were English and Italian, but all the Old World families were Norman stock and hence from Norse roots. All the men on both the maternal and paternal sides for as long as anyone remembers always developed these clenched claw-like hands by age 50, so i wasn't going to be any exception. My right hand closed up the point it was essentially useless except for holding a golf club, the shaft of which had to be inserted in the claw. At that point, the surgeons basically laid open my palm and cut out about a dozen otherwise benign cysts or tumors from the fascia where they constricted the ligaments and tendons. It took three months for my hand to become operational, and the resulting nerve trauma left it numb and tingling for more than 2 years. Here's a picture of one of the contractures that has developed over the past couple years in my left hand at the base of my pinky which, as you can see, can no longer be closed up against the other fingers.

The bad news - you can also get this shit in your feet and your cock; the good news - knock on wood - is that i haven't, although a there a couple suspicious lumps in the soles of my feet. 755

Sperwer
06-11-2013, 06:13 AM
Here's a pic of my right hand, where if you look carefully, you can see some of the surgical scars in the middle, under the pinky and just below the other fingers

Sperwer
06-11-2013, 06:14 AM
And here's how my right pinky ended up from being bent into my hand for a couple years

Sperwer
06-11-2013, 06:19 AM
Hope this isn't TMI, but your story and someone i've spent a couple of hours a day with the past year just today noticing my hand got me thinking about it

Scope75
06-11-2013, 07:42 AM
If your 215 in both pics you've recomped pretty damn well because your a good bit leaner in the second pic.

Cobalt
06-11-2013, 10:33 AM
Sperwer:
I don't think I'm at a big risk for it. I've known about dupuytren's for a while, and I've yet to find any traces of it on either side of my family. I take heavily after my mom, which the Norse blood runs through and her family line hasn't had it.
Just hope it stays dormant if it is still in there. I just looks painful, but I'm glad you've been able to bounce back from it.

Scope:
The second pic is the newer one, and I'm at 215. That is a good 6+ weeks after PCT including over a month off from the gym, so it isn't the best that I've been recently. The first pic was right at the end of a cycle, before PCT. I forget how much I was then, but I believe it was 210 max.
I do believe that I've recomped a good bit, thanks for noticing. :cool:

See what a good DIET can do? lol

burlyman30
06-11-2013, 11:03 AM
I also noticed the transformation. Nice going.:thumbup:

Scope75
06-11-2013, 11:54 AM
Good work on being 5lbs heavier and leaner.

What type of diet are you on??

Don't think I've seen you mention what your eating.

JM1000
06-11-2013, 12:26 PM
take lots of photo! you'll be happy and measuring progress will be very easy

Cobalt
06-11-2013, 10:27 PM
Diet was fun. Or I should i should say "IS" fun.

My biggest thing is that I made the shift from a protein/carb diet to a protien/fat diet. Carbs are still there, but I usually take in a lot at once and really cut back most of the time.

I was lied to as a teenager in school when I had to take "health" classes. The whole food pyramid crap was burned into my brain, so it was hard to get away from it.

Exact foods will be incoming, I even plan on adding a topic to the food/diet section with some of my favorite dishes that I've created. I credit a lot of it to the fact that I finally was able to move out and be on my own with my wife back in October. That made it a lot easier to control my diet, because I didn't have a fridge full of garbage that stored food for 7 people.

Still haven't forgotten about details of my last cycle. I'm still compiling data to present.

burlyman30
06-11-2013, 10:34 PM
Looking forward to hearing more.

Scope75
06-12-2013, 06:59 AM
Looking forward to hearing more.

X2...

Now start that favorite dish thread because we all gotta eat.

Cobalt
06-13-2013, 10:38 AM
yep

VayneZ
06-14-2013, 05:00 PM
About how many days a week do you focus on heavy carbs? Or is it more like a CarbLoad-type routine? You look solid for a guy who's been away from the gym for awhile man

Cobalt
07-23-2013, 10:44 AM
About that whole Test/Deca/Tren thing....

Sorry to keep you all in the dark for so long. My sudden absence was cause by a large wave of depression cause by my partial finger loss. It just kinda hit me all at once one day in the gym. I don't have the gripping ability in my left hand to get a 45lb plate off the floor. I snached one up with my right hand, and failed to do so with my left - cause bad pain in the finger tips, followed by trying with my right hand at a bad angle and smashing my pointer finger under the plate, turning the nail black. I got really frustrated and just went home and avoided the gym for a couple weeks.

I'm back at it now, currently blowing through a plateau with muscles screaming and sore.

So back to the stupid cycle...

I was running Test E 600mg/wk, Deca 400mg/wk, and Tren A 500mg/wk.
Test/Deca right off the bat for 2 weeks, then Tren added in for weeks 3-11. The last bit of the cycle was just test so the deca and tren would exit the system - I can crash hard of I just drop it all at once.
For those of you not here when it was started, I already received my verbal lashings. I wanted to try it because I have never heard of the combo, and after researching their interactions, couldn't find a strong reason NOT to run them together. Gyno and gyno related issues were the main concern, but Letro is liquid gold in that area for me.

I embarked on the journey - 12 weeks of intense lifting.

It started out well, gains were very steady, putting on nearly 30 lbs in the first 6 weeks. Things leveled out after that, putting on only a few extra pounds in the next few weeks. Then, tragedy hit.

Gains stopped. Energy dropped. Focus blurred. The gym went from the best part of the day to a chore to even get to. Workouts went from 90 minutes to 30 minutes or less. It felt like someone pulled the plug on me and I had no energy left. Stims did nothing. I could drink a pot of coffee, and 30 minutes later fall asleep.

I couldn't figure it out. I was eating plenty, I had even added in a bit more calories once the initial growth slowed to ensure I was getting enough. Sleep was decent. I didn't always get a solid 8 hours, but it was still plenty of rest compared to other cycles.

After exhausting all my options and coming up empty handed on wtf was going on, I finally focused on running through the rest of the cycle and trying to just keep what I had already gained. This didn't happen. I actually started to lose weight. I peaked at about 235, then slowly dropped to 225-ish by the time PCT came around. My energy was toasted by this point. My sleep patterns were shattered and everything went with it.

PCT was an uphill battle too. After stopping the Test E, There is about a 2 week waiting period before starting PCT (clomid in my case). I didn't use the gym much during that time. I'd try to do curls, and at even 75% of the weight I was using on cycle, my arms out just start shaking badly and I could get maybe 3-4 reps.

PCT came and went, recovery looked good, but I was down to 218 by the end of PCT. So I went from 203 -> 235 -> 218. I was perplex as to what happened. I started to question if the gear was legit, but blood work while on showed it was still running hard. Tren cough even reared its head a few times.

Once PCT was finished, I had the issue with my fingers. That instantly took me out of the gym. I figured it would give me a chance to rest, let the body relax a while. Didn't happen. I still had sleeping issues, serious fatigue and now my hunger was vanishing. I started to get way too depressed and wound up losing another 5 pounds while out of the gym.

During all this time, I was able to think. Something not really good for me - I tend to have dark thoughts while depressed. However, the Percocet that I was on for the pain in my fingers may have allowed me to view everything from a distance.

At the start of the cycle, I had just moved out with my wife to our first place. Money became tight and diet made a big shift. Wife also had just been promoted, meaning she was a bit more tense, and I had also been promoted to a more responsible position. Going in to work from 10am until 10pm, with my break being walking across the street to the gym. I also found out about mid way though my cycle that the facility I worked in was getting shut down, but I would be shifted to another facility on the base (I work for the Army as a civilian), but I'd be working on new equipment in a new environment.

Pretty much, I became burnt out. The sheer stress that I was putting on my body was too much. It wasn't until I realized everything and was in space with the percocet spaceship that it dawned on me that my stress levels became so bad that I didn't even notice. I hadn't felt this way since college when I was pouring myself into my studies and burnt out all the same.

So, it seems that my cycle was badly timed. Had I put it off a few months, things may have ended up better. But it gave me a ton of insight to my body. How I respond to all the stress and how the hormones effect my system. I was a beast of a cycle, but I just wasn't ready for everything as a whole.

I certainly won't run this again. WAY too much for me to handle. Next cycle will more than likely be Test and Tren alone.

TL;DR VERSION:
Shit was fun, but I got burnt out. Too much going on in life and my body couldn't handle the stress.

Thanks for reading and more updates will be coming soon!

burlyman30
07-23-2013, 11:21 AM
The important things are that you are back here, back at the gym, and you learned a lot from the experience regardless of bad timing or other missteps.

ryhigh
07-23-2013, 07:27 PM
Wow man im sorry to hear about all that, sounds rough for sure. The good thing is youve learned from it and realize it. I know how much of a bitch depression is especially mixed with painkillers, i was a addict for years but totally clean now. Congrts on your promotion, im sure everything will start looking up for you now, just keep on keepin on.

JM1000
07-23-2013, 07:32 PM
Hope you get back on track asap... take the time to get into a new routine and let the stress fall, from there, eating and training will be easier to control and progress will be yours!

Sperwer
07-23-2013, 08:02 PM
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8711750/image.jpg

You have what it takes to get it done. Everyone here will have your six.

xxiv
07-24-2013, 12:27 PM
revamp your routine and set a goal of keeping it for 12 weeks. Once you get back on the horse and get past these post-pct blues you'll be fine. This little valley can be chalked up as a learning experience.

Cobalt
07-24-2013, 03:19 PM
Thanks for the words of encouragement everyone. It really has been a learning experience, which in a way is good, because I did come out of it with more knowledge.

I decided to shift my workout routines from high-weight low-rep to low-weight high-rep. Today was day 4 in a row of that format, hitting different groups each time.
All I can say is fucking hell I'm sore as shit.

I guess I was just running into a plateau with the first routine, I was just running in place it seems like. I made the change and I have really responded well to it. I think I'll keep up the lower weight for a while, just work on getting more reps in.

xxiv
07-24-2013, 04:34 PM
whats your routine?

Cobalt
07-25-2013, 05:44 PM
whats your routine?

Routine currently isn't set in stone. I think I touched on this a while ago and didn't have a really good answer.

I don't follow the typical routine of "chest on monday" or "legs on wednesday." My workout routine doesn't follow a 7-day schedule, mainly because my weeks aren't set in stone for work and other stuff.

I'll follow through with hitting different sets of muscles, one workout after another. For example, I'll do arms (bis and tris) one day, then do legs the next time, followed by back and chest during the next vist, ect...

As far as weight/rep ratios, my on-cycle setup is usually a 5x5 format with heavy weight, up to a 3RM-2RM-1RM. It is killer both mentally and physically. Off cycle is a 12-10-8 with lighter weight. I'll switch it around to keep things different, like if I need to shock my muscles out of a stall.

Right now my routine is very low weight and tons of reps, really get the blood going through the tissue. For example - on cycle, I'll be curling 110+ lbs for the 5x5 style. But, my last arm day, I only did about 45 lbs, but just kept going until the fatigue forced me to stop. Normally, I'd be using more weight for the 12-10-8 routine - but the higher reps really got my arms going. They still feel pumped and sore, a good 4 days after the workout.

Not sure if I answered your question, feel free to ask more though.

Cobalt
08-04-2013, 03:07 PM
Things are really back in swing. Taking time off, coming back in and switching up the routine has been amazing. I've almost finished my rounds of low weight, high rep sessions. My body is screaming sore from the change. I've been dosing about 3g of creatine HCL every day, split into two doses and its helping too. I feel like pumps are stronger while working out.

I've also been wanting to try out some Melatonin II. I found out that my apartment complex has free tanning, and figure it may be worth trying it for a bit. Need to get rid of this farmers tan, lol. Anyone have some input on it? How much to dose and how often?

DJM
08-04-2013, 11:56 PM
Things are really back in swing. Taking time off, coming back in and switching up the routine has been amazing. I've almost finished my rounds of low weight, high rep sessions. My body is screaming sore from the change. I've been dosing about 3g of creatine HCL every day, split into two doses and its helping too. I feel like pumps are stronger while working out.

I've also been wanting to try out some Melatonin II. I found out that my apartment complex has free tanning, and figure it may be worth trying it for a bit. Need to get rid of this farmers tan, lol. Anyone have some input on it? How much to dose and how often?
100mcg eod is more than enough for me

Cobalt
08-09-2013, 08:28 PM
Picked up some MT2, just waiting on the damned slin pins... hopefully be here on monday.

Also may be of some interest, I've rolled into a fat loss phase. Diet took a major shift into the low carb area, and general calorie cutting. A sample of a daily meal set:

Breakfast:
1/2 cup of oatmeal (this is the main carb source, first thing in the morning)
1 cup strawberries
6 eggs

Meal 2:
6 oz tuna
2.2 oz cheddar cheese
(doesn't seem like much, but those add up to 450 cal, 22.5g of fat, 54g of protein, and no carbs)

Meal 3:
12 oz chicken breast
2 cups broccoli

Meal 4:
6 eggs
2 cups broccoli

Meal 5:
6 oz tuna
2.2 oz cheddar cheese

Really simple stuff, but I'm pulling together more foods that are high fat/protein and low/no carbs.

I need to pick up a weight scale... the one at the gym broke, so I have no idea how much I currently weigh. I want to say its around 210 right now.

Will add some (sun burnt) pics later so you all can watch the progress!

h2s
08-11-2013, 06:24 PM
I picked up a ton of MTII this year, and always seem to forget it when in a situation where I will be catching sun. Fortunately, been in the sun alot more than usual this year so it hasnt been as important. I do really like MTII though.

nate3993
08-11-2013, 08:10 PM
I picked up a ton of MTII this year, and always seem to forget it when in a situation where I will be catching sun. Fortunately, been in the sun alot more than usual this year so it hasnt been as important. I do really like MTII though.

nice libido boost right? what about nausea? ive heard mt2 is bad on a bulk

h2s
08-11-2013, 10:49 PM
I actually don't get this libido boost, or the sides, but I generally get away with using a little bit of it.

Cobalt
08-12-2013, 07:22 PM
I've used it twice thus far, going to do my 3rd pin tonight. Libido was raging in the morning, my wife almost didn't make it to work on time. Nausea was kinda bad on the first pin, second one was a bit better. It has been curbing my hunger though - really good for my current diet.

nate3993
08-12-2013, 11:47 PM
your next avi, i want to see a black man in it. lol

- - - Updated - - -

go dark or go home!

Cobalt
08-16-2013, 07:21 PM
Haven't snapped any photos yet, I'm a slacker, I know.

I weighed in at 210 with clothes on a couple days ago, so I'm sitting around 208-209 right now. Arms are starting to show some more veins, which is what I expected so things seem to be on course.

Tired as shit though. Slept for a good 10 hours yesterday and I logged in 11 hours today. I had an appointment with my doctor two days ago, and they needed to add in another medication. I think it is giving me wicked lethargy, but it seems to be slowly getting better.

Cardio isn't an issue even with the lethargy. I can push 45-60 minutes right now and not have any problems. Weights are another story, hitting 10 reps with an exercise is a chore. Hopefully this will pass soon.

Cobalt
08-24-2013, 08:43 AM
Here is a photo I snapped a few days back. Tanning is working, although its slow. You can get a really good look at the farmers tan I'm fighting, lol.

Cobalt
10-13-2013, 03:53 PM
Gah, 7 weeks and no update, shit.

Been fighting back and forth between feeling good and bad. The new medication that my doctor put me on gave me constant lethargy and made me badly jittery. Kind of like if you don't eat anything and have a blood sugar crash. After three weeks I finally said to hell with it and just dropped it. Felt much better after that.

MT2 was also kinda hit and miss. I used it for a short while and ended up stopping it. I started it a couple weeks before I was put on the other medication, so I dropped the MT2 first thinking that it was the case of lethargy. While it did have part with the lethargy, it wasn't the full cause. I still have another vial of it that hasn't been recomped, so I may use it again later. It did make a difference though. I'm darker than my wife now, which is a big deal because she is part Italian, making her skin naturally more tan looking.

I also ended up picking a membership back up to my old gym. The 'gym' at my apartment complex just wasn't cutting it. Too small and the equipment was just getting destroyed. I'm glad I did because I've been able to blast back into it and I was able to break my deadlift PR. Old PR was 495x1, which I attempted again and hit 495x3. Felt good, so I was able to pull 515x1. Back was sore as shit though, lol.

I also FINALLY put in an order for Oneiromancer. I kept putting it off and after reading a few full logs decided to just do it. Got 2 bottles coming in the mail this week. Hopefully it will help with my sleep, which is always horrible.

Cobalt
10-18-2013, 05:45 PM
Two nights with Oneiromancer.

First night I slept pretty crappy, but that was because of a bad day, OM had nothing to do with it.

Second night was interesting. I was touch and go all night (waking up and falling back asleep), because I just have bad sleep cycles, but I did have damn vivid dreams. Dream of BEING AT WORK. I swear to god that was annoying. I get home from a long shift of having to repair so much crap at work only to fall asleep and keep doing it, lol.

Tonight will hopefully be better. Did legs yesterday and they are killing me, and I always sleep well when I hit my legs hard.

VayneZ
10-18-2013, 07:57 PM
sick PR!!!! I pulled 500 at the end of August, but ever since then, my CNS had been taxed.... Been building up slowly and I did a rep of 475 today, felt like I could've gone for another rep or two, but didn't wanna push it. Slowly getting back to my previous PR so I can break it. Seeing you're breaking PR's almost where I'm currently stock, motivated me to keep breaking mines!!! Keep us updated as you get stronger bro!

Cobalt
10-30-2013, 09:31 PM
Glad to see that I can be some motivation Vaynez.

Been on OM every night but one so far. Sleep has felt better, but stress at work and life has kept my sleep cycles pretty crappy, so there hasn't been a big improvement in that department. I usually get to bed around midnight (or later on the weekends, I work evening shifts), and have to get up between 6:30 - 7:00. Doesn't sound too bad, but the sleep isn't deep and I usually lay there in bed for a while before actually falling asleep. Because of that, dreams usually don't occur.
When they do.... holy shit they are vivid and intense.
So far, I've been happy with OM. It is a supplement, and not a sleep fix, so until I get my sleep cycle in check I know I won't feel its full effects.

I also forced myself to take about 4 days off from the gym. Work had gotten so stressful, along with life in general, that I was really getting crushed.
Turned out to be a good move, took it easy for a bit and went back yesterday and today for a couple of fantastic workouts.

I took a page out of Burlyman's book and tried slow movements with holding/squeezing and the extension point in the movements. I used less weight than what I'm used to and I'm sore as shit from it. Did that with chest/back yesterday and it hurts to flex the pecs.

Did legs today and the knee was cooperating, so I worked up to 345 lbs with squats. Had a good looking girl checking me out doing it and started chatting me up after I finished the workout. I love the gym.

VayneZ
11-04-2013, 04:59 PM
Nothing better than hot girls checking you out when you're squatting :rolleyes:

I bet those days off from the gym provided your body with the needed recovery for the deep soreness. TUT's after days of rest hits so damn good.

Cobalt
11-06-2013, 03:24 PM
SO FUCKING PSYCHED RIGHT NOW.

Just found a new gym in town, it opened about 4 months ago. The regular part of the gym isn't anything fancy, but they have a POWER LIFTING ROOM. A room dedicated to nothing but power lifting. Tons of weight and racks for "old school lifting" (words of one of the owners). They even let you use chalk, which is a big deal because none of the other gyms here let you do that. All that, and its about $18 cheaper per month than my current gym.
FUCK YES.

Oh, and a photo of my progress. (216 lbs)

burlyman30
11-06-2013, 06:01 PM
Is is just me or are you leaner than before?

Cobalt
11-06-2013, 06:38 PM

Photo from about 21 months ago.

Granted, my weight fluctuated a lot since then, but you can see the difference.
I do feel like in addition to putting on more muscle, I've leaned out a good bit. There is still a lot to lose, but there is certainly less.

burlyman30
11-06-2013, 07:38 PM
Thought so. Delts and arms look bigger, too.

Cobalt
11-06-2013, 08:09 PM
Thought so. Delts and arms look bigger, too.

Haven't measured the arms, but strength is way higher since then. Delts are finally starting to put on size. I've been taking it easy on them and doing a lot of low weight exercises so that I can hopefully start moving into heavy weight.

Notice the bruise on my right arm between the delt an bi in the second pic? The bruise was about 10 times that size about a month prior to this photo. That was due to tearing in the delt / rotator cuff area. My security job that I was working at the time pitted me against this kid in high school football that didn't want to go quietly for stealing from my store. We got the kid, but I got a dislocated shoulder.

So, I'm happy that I've been able to put some size on them since then. I'm working to make them bigger, but I don't want to go too quickly and screw things up again.

VayneZ
11-08-2013, 11:45 AM
Amazing progress lately despite the injury you had with your finger I believe it was.
So right now the goal is pure mass?

BoneDaddy
11-08-2013, 11:50 AM
More muscle=higher metabolism and it shows. Glad to see you've overcame the finger incident nicely.

Cobalt
11-08-2013, 12:57 PM
Thanks guys. Fingers are a lot better, I'm mainly struggling with keeping a grip on the bar when doing deadlifts. I've been using straps to keep a hold of it, so I can at least keep doing them.

No real goal right now. I've just been cruising along, making sure my fingers are getting better. I've been focusing on my left shoulder and right knee, trying to get them stronger so I can hopefully go heavier.

Looking to try a cycle of MENT sometime. Its grabbed my interest, but I think I want to get to the new gym and really make sure my fingers and joints can handle higher weight first.

Cobalt
11-09-2013, 03:04 PM
Busted 2 PR's.

Standing barbell curls - 135 x 2 (was 125)
Weighted dips - 115 x 3 (was 100)

Feeling good, progress is always nice.

Cobalt
11-16-2013, 09:10 PM
Started out at the new gym today. They have a bucket of chalk in the power lifting room, and most of the barbells have a nice coating of calk on them already, lol. There are also massive chains lying around for use while lifting - never tried them before, but I've always wanted to.
They also have a big sound system with a 12" sub and they encourage you to bring in music for it. I hooked up my phone and streamed some music while I lifted, it was really fun.

Decided to try legs out today, right knee has been quiet for a few days. It took a while to warm up, but once I did it was great. I only worked my way up to 315 for squats again, didn't want to push it too much and piss off the knee.

I did pull something in my back about a week ago. Feels like my thoracolumbar fascia, or something connected to it. My lower back has been really tight and it is kinda painful to stretch. I can usually get my wrists past my toes when stretching, but now I struggle to even touch my toes. I tried a roller for a few minutes on it today and it really felt better afterwards, but tightened back up a few hours later. The pain is offset to the left side and extends into my glutes. It doesn't feel like anything bad, just gotta take it easy I guess.

On a different note, I'm considering making my own supplements for my next cycle. I found a source for 4-chloro-17a-methyl-androst-1,4-diene-3,17b-diol powder. It was the active ingredient in Primordial Performances' Turinabol. It has been the best PH I've used to date and I felt amazing while on it. I've been researching oral hormone delivery methods and chemicals to increase absorption. I'm looking to buy components and blend it together to make my own form for use.
Why? Why not. I like making my own stuff and I find it fun. I'd also think it would be interesting to make it in capsule form, but already have something like TUDCA mixed in. One capsule with my favorite PH, custom absorption mix and liver protection? Yes please.

Cobalt
11-22-2013, 04:22 PM
Loving the new gym, haven't trained like this in a long time. I've been dripping with sweat every time I get done and my workouts are near 2 hours long. Lots and lots of weight and equipment to use, plus huge power racks bolted together on one side of the room.

Busted another PR today. The left shoulder has been doing really well, so I took the chance to destroy shoulders and traps today. I was able to do an overhead press for 205 x1. Previously, I would stop at about 145. I tried 155 before, but it didn't happen. Today was different. Started out light with OH presses and worked up to 145. It felt like nothing, so I worked up to the 205 in 10 pound steps, doing anywhere from 6-2 reps at each weight.
Stopped at 205 because I couldn't go for a second rep, so I felt like it was a good place to stop so I really didn't hurt anything.

I've also started using my weight belt and hooking on a 45lb plate for pullups.
Not on anything except a pre-wo and GPLC right now. Things are looking great.

Sorrow
11-22-2013, 04:53 PM
Sounds like your body is healing up and the new gym is a good fit! Nice on the overhead press!

burlyman30
11-22-2013, 05:42 PM
Sounds we are doing similarly in the shoulder department... mine has been troublesome since I tore it up at 19. Haven't been able to do overhead BB press for years, but recently started again.... did 205 for a few sets of 6.... best I've done in years.

Cobalt
11-22-2013, 07:55 PM
Anything overhead is just scary for me. The way my rotator cuff is torn in the left shoulder if I have weight in my hands and I go behind my head, the shoulder is coming out of socket.
Good to hear you've started back up. I've been doing a lot of light weight stuff for a good year to strengthen up everything in the delts in all directions. I think it paid off. :cool:

Cobalt
11-24-2013, 04:50 PM
Leg day yesterday.

I was going to take the day off, but ended up having a couple hours of nothing to do before work. One of the mechanics at work got fired a couple weeks ago, so my schedule has been all over the place.

Spent a good 25-30 minutes warming up. Took a while for my knee to get going good. Mainly used machines and light weight/high rep to hit everything - glutes, quads, hams, adductors, abductors, calves. I wanted to get everything warmed up and get blood flowing.

Then I hit the rack. I wasn't planning on going heavy, I wanted to work on my form some. We have a box that is about 10" or so off the ground with a big sign on it that says "THIS IS PARALLEL" so you can feel when you get low enough. I've also moved my feet in closer together. I think I've had too wide of a stance, so I've been watching and reading more about the squat - considering it is my favorite movement.

45lbs (bar) x 20
135 x 5
185 x 5
225 x 5
275 x 5
315 x 3
365 x 1
405 - miss
405 - miss (second try)

I really didn't plan on going that high, but the knee was being quiet the whole time and it felt really good. I ended up missing the 405 both tries, but I think it is due to not eating enough in the morning. Like I said, it was going to be an off day, so I wasn't loading up on carbs prior to the gym. I got down to parallel and maybe made it an inch back up before my quads just died out. I also didn't use a pre-wo or anything either, this was just rolling in at the last minute.
Considering my PR for squatting is 405, I was happy with the results. That and my knee isn't killing me today, which a leg day usually results in a pissed off knee the next day.

Cobalt
11-26-2013, 05:34 PM

Trainer at gym: "You're going to be there"
Me: "I may sign up for it"
Trainer: "No, I'm telling you, You're going to be there"
Me: "What, you going to pay my entry fee?"
Trainer: "It's been taken care of"
Me: "Seriously? I've never done one before"
Trainer: "Well, you're on our team now!"

SO... looks like I have a competition in... 10 weeks.

Time to train harder!

burlyman30
11-26-2013, 05:44 PM

Trainer at gym: "You're going to be there"
Me: "I may sign up for it"
Trainer: "No, I'm telling you, You're going to be there"
Me: "What, you going to pay my entry fee?"

SO... looks like I have a competition in... 10 weeks.

Time to train harder!

Lol. Funny story. Get to it!

xxiv
11-26-2013, 05:48 PM

it's those pheromones, I know it.

Sorrow
11-26-2013, 08:27 PM
Thats right! Get you some!

Cobalt
11-27-2013, 03:38 PM
Got SCHOOLED on how to do the deadlift day. Holy shit I'm in pain.

My back was feeling a lot better, so I grabbed a belt and hit the gym. The guy in charge of the PL meet was there training someone. Once he was done with his session he came over to talk... and help me with my form a lot.

I didn't go up too high in weight, topped off at 405.
After that pull, the guy came over and started giving me a lot of good advice. Timing, angles, really really good details. I was working on my form with 225 lbs, but I don't even want to start to think about how many reps I pulled. Wasn't using my lifting straps for all of that, I need to get my grip strength back up, so my hands are killing me. Ripped a callus apart.

So, I'm going to go curl up in the corner and cry for a bit.

burlyman30
11-27-2013, 04:29 PM
Since you can't watch yourself do the lift, it's really valuable to get that feedback. Sounds like you got a lot of good advice.

Cobalt
12-03-2013, 04:55 PM
Deadlifts again today. Really worked on my form and strengthening my grip.

The competition in February is RAW, so I'm working hard to get my left hand grip up to at least my right hand levels. I was able to do 315 for 5 reps without the wrist straps today, so I was happy about that. Also been using the Fat Grips on a bar loaded with just 2 plates. Not for reps, but just keeping hold of it while standing. Conventional grip too, not alternating. Burns like hell.

Cobalt
12-04-2013, 08:14 PM
Did chest today. Made the mistake of hitting the gym while the head guy of the tournament in February was doing his chest day too.
Talked me into joining in with him... I'm in pain so bad right now, lol.

Off the lifting topic, I felt I should relate my Oneiromancer experiences.
I've been on and off of it for almost a full bottle now. I had backed off for a while when my sleep cycle was trashed, but I've been back on it for a little bit. The interesting thing about it is that when I take it before bed... nothing happens. No dreams, no better sleep, nada.
However, if I go back to sleep at all during the day, oh boy do the dreams come screaming to life every time.

I tried doses of 2 or 3 caps, both had the same results as above. I've even tried 5 caps a few times to see if it would kick in sooner, but no dice. It would be the same pattern of getting up i the morning and having killer dreams later in the day.

I really like it, but it would be nice to have the effects happen right then instead of later in the day if I can manage a nap.

I took 5 caps last night and got about 8 hours of sleep. No dreaming, but it was solid sleep. Got up with my wife and then she went to work, and being my day off, went back to bed. I had the most vivid dream in a long time. Lots of details and it was over the span of a large neighborhood, and the layouts of the houses and roads stayed the same throughout the dream. I would go to one house, leave, come back later and everything would be the same.
The last part of the dream had me at a girls house. You see where this is going. Intense making out and everything, holy crap I thought it was real.

The twist? It was that 15 year old girl flirting with me at work when I tried the pheromones.

Cobalt
12-06-2013, 09:15 PM
Things are going up a notch.

Trainer at the gym is forming a power lifting team for the gym. I've been officially invited to join and represent the gym at the PL meet in February, and not just be a lone competitor.

We've also had another serious lifter join up. He has 20+ years experience with power lifting and 15 of those as a trainer. We're starting training on Monday using the Cube Method. Never heard of it before, but it looks good and it was highly spoken of.

I'm up 4 lbs in 3 weeks since joining the gym, and joining has probably been the best decision that I've made all year.

burlyman30
12-06-2013, 09:31 PM
Oryan is using the Cube... he's been smashing PRs left and right.

O_RYAN_007
12-07-2013, 08:25 AM
Deadlifts again today. Really worked on my form and strengthening my grip.

The competition in February is RAW, so I'm working hard to get my left hand grip up to at least my right hand levels. I was able to do 315 for 5 reps without the wrist straps today, so I was happy about that. Also been using the Fat Grips on a bar loaded with just 2 plates. Not for reps, but just keeping hold of it while standing. Conventional grip too, not alternating. Burns like hell.

Do you have access to 45# bumper plates?? We do pinch grips to develop our grip strength. We grab one in each hand and hold for 30 secs x 3 sets. really works the grip strength. Also, farmers walk with some heavy DB are great at developing the grip strength.

O_RYAN_007
12-07-2013, 08:28 AM
Oryan is using the Cube... he's been smashing PRs left and right.

THe BOSS CUBE is an amazing training program!! Brandon Lilly is a genius, just find your true maxes and base your percentages off them. The programming is really easy to follow. You're going to love it!

Cobalt
12-07-2013, 06:01 PM
I'm looking forward to it. I've never followed a program before, let alone trained with anyone on a consistent basis.

I tried the bumper plate pinching today. Holy fuck. I think I held on for 20 seconds before I had to let go. Definitely going to start doing that more often, thanks!

O_RYAN_007
12-07-2013, 06:14 PM
I'm looking forward to it. I've never followed a program before, let alone trained with anyone on a consistent basis.

I tried the bumper plate pinching today. Holy fuck. I think I held on for 20 seconds before I had to let go. Definitely going to start doing that more often, thanks!

Yeah those pinch grips are ridiculous!

Cobalt
12-10-2013, 06:15 PM
DAY ONE of training.
Deadlifts.

There were 5 of us training. A 6th guy is a trainer there that jumped in for a short while for fun, big ass dude.

Anyhow, we were going for speed - worked up to a decent weight and did 3reps x 8sets at that weight. The only problem is that we kept pushing each other harder and harder and ended up slapping more weight on the bar for each set, so it turned into a 3RM set instead of a speed set. It was pretty brutal.
I ended up pulling 315 for most of the sets, with a high of 365. Couldn't keep at the 365 because of grip, so I bumped it back down.
Also ended up pulling 315 for 2 reps with the fat gripz. The other lifters thought I was crazy for pulling them out, lol.

After the 3x8, we started 5x5 deficits. Again, started out with speed and bumped up the weight each time. We did sumo for the 5x5. Still pulled 315, by the 5th set, my hands were toast, so I could only get 3 reps in.

Went to 4x15 superset leg press machine/barbell shrugs. Leg press machine was 450lbs + however much the machine plate added, so somewhere over 500lbs. Shrugs were 225, but I had to use my lifting straps to stay on the bar for the 15 reps.

Finished off with 2 sets of 15 rep good morning with a 125lb band between our back and feet.

Needless to say, we were dead at the end of the night. So freaking awesome and fun. Its pretty damn amazing what you can do with others pushing you on.
I guess this is peer pressure, lol.

weekend
12-10-2013, 06:28 PM
good shit man.

i get better results from stuff like wesleys trap routine for shrugs. (45 lb plates with long squeeze at top and relax at bottom always with chest out)

farmers walk and pullups for that grip! and some chalk!

Scope75
12-10-2013, 06:39 PM
Your new gym and crew sounds legit!!!
Sick workout too.

burlyman30
12-11-2013, 01:08 AM
Sounds like you are having a blast!

sets of 8 or more on the DL is hellish, though, bro. Gotta take it down to triples. OK, maybe I'm the only one that gets winded on anything beyond 5 reps. :D

Cobalt
12-13-2013, 07:51 PM
Did chest on wednesday. Didn't do too well, had a cold and felt kinda crappy.
We did rack presses which just sucked for me, I had trouble getting the bar started for some reason, even with weight I can normally move for full ROM.
Bench press is my worst power move. My PR is 255 for 2 reps. I'd love to hit 315 come competition time, I'd easily get a score of over 1000 if I could do that.

Legs tomorrow. Couldn't make the meet today because of work, and this damned cold got into my sinuses, so I felt like shit and skipped my pre-work gym time.

Cobalt
12-16-2013, 09:08 AM
Tried to do legs on Saturday. Went for reps instead of strength.
Warmed up and did 185 for 12 reps, then jumped to 225 and did 3 sets for 12 reps.
Front squats at 145, 2 sets for 8 reps.
Also did other misc work on a GHD machine.

Blood pressure was through the roof, and heart rate with right there with it. I'm finally over this freaking cold that I had, but the medicine I had to get on because of the sinus infection was brutal.

Deadlifts tonight, hopefully it will go better than my last two workouts.

Cobalt
12-16-2013, 09:54 PM
Felt much better tonight, still not 100%, but really close.

We went for reps tonight for the CUBE.
I don't really have a true 1RM raw because I haven't tried pulling more than 350 recently, so I'm using 350 as my max currently. I may give it a couple days and give 405 a shot... hands are feeling stronger.

Weight is calculated by taking 95% of the 1RM to get your working weight (332.5)
70% is 232.75lbs
I decided to up it to 245lbs for the night
Box Deadlifts, 3x12
Romanian DL, 2x6
1" Deficit DL, 3x12
Lunges, 3x15 (no weight)

Didn't do any accessory work after that. I could stand some work on my hamstrings but I showed up a good 30 minutes before everyone else so I got in some good warm up time.

Tore open 4 calluses and drew blood on my shins.
I FEEL IT AND I LIKE IT.

O_RYAN_007
12-16-2013, 10:12 PM
Felt much better tonight, still not 100%, but really close.

We went for reps tonight for the CUBE.
I don't really have a true 1RM raw because I haven't tried pulling more than 350 recently, so I'm using 350 as my max currently. I may give it a couple days and give 405 a shot... hands are feeling stronger.

Weight is calculated by taking 95% of the 1RM to get your working weight (332.5)
70% is 232.75lbs
I decided to up it to 245lbs for the night
Box Deadlifts, 3x12
Romanian DL, 2x6
1" Deficit DL, 3x12
Lunges, 3x15 (no weight)

Didn't do any accessory work after that. I could stand some work on my hamstrings but I showed up a good 30 minutes before everyone else so I got in some good warm up time.

Tore open 4 calluses and drew blood on my shins.
I FEEL IT AND I LIKE IT.

Nice work. We did DE Deads today, I loved it. DO you wear DL socks or work out pants? I get really bad bumps on my shins from the bar hitting them as I roll the bar in and upward. The Metal DL Socks are awesome!

I think you should really try to add some Grip work after DLs. It really sucks at first, but your grip will get MUCH stronger and you will stop ripping all your calluses off.

Cobalt
12-17-2013, 05:37 AM
Nice work. We did DE Deads today, I loved it. DO you wear DL socks or work out pants? I get really bad bumps on my shins from the bar hitting them as I roll the bar in and upward. The Metal DL Socks are awesome!

I think you should really try to add some Grip work after DLs. It really sucks at first, but your grip will get MUCH stronger and you will stop ripping all your calluses off.

I'm going to pick up some DL socks shortly. All I have are shorts for the gym right now, lost 3 pairs of pants when I moved into my apartment somehow...

Grip work is key right now for the DL, but between warmup and the actual workout last night, hands were pretty sore by the end of it.

Scope75
12-17-2013, 07:23 AM
How to Stop Deadlifts From Ripping Your Hands Apart StrongLifts (http://stronglifts.com/deadlifts-callus-formation-treatment/)

Cobalt
12-18-2013, 06:37 PM
^^^ good info scope. Although, I think most of the tearing from monday was due to the higher reps making my hands shift. I'm also trying out different grips, so the calluses are used to pressure at one spot, so a new grip isn't going to play nice.

Chest workout today. Went for speed at 50% of 1RM WW (Working weight)

1RM = 260lbs (This is my worst power move) x 95% = 247lbs. 50% of that is 123lbs. Opted to round up to 135 for simplicity.

Flat Bench - 8sets x 3 reps. Speed triples, come down to the chest at a normal speed and snap back up to lockout as fast as possible.
JM Bench (like a normal bench, but hands are shoulder width apart) - 4 sets x 6 reps
Dips - 4sets x 12 reps I added a 45lb plate with a dip belt for the last set.
Lat pulldown - 4 sets x 12 reps at 100lbs
Incline Dumbell Press - 3 sets x 12 reps at 50 lbs each

Speed speed speed. Not much weight, but nearing the 8th rep or so, you really have trouble firing off, lol. I'll be feeling this one tomorrow.

VayneZ
12-18-2013, 06:42 PM
If I could only get a single taste of a workout like that one day, with a true pure breed powerlifting team :rolleyes:

Compared to the intensity you felt before your new way of training, how much more do you feel like your head is in another world at times after you nail that last rep? trying to convince yourselves mentally that you are in a gym and that yes you are awake? Tendency to want to vomit?

What's the feeling like especially with a dynamic speed day?

Cobalt
12-18-2013, 08:03 PM
When going for reps, the euphoria that hits me is fucking fantastic. Monday's DL rep day was amazing. I'd drop the last rep and just be buzzing for a good 30 seconds after. My old method of lift-as-heavy-as-possible just sucked because I would burn out. The Cube Method is just great and I love it.

Speed day is a little different. You don't really get the euphoria from reps or really heavy weight like pulling a new PR. You feel it, but it seems to work explosiveness, which just doesn't hit you the same. Feels good, don't get me wrong, but it doesn't go that extra step.

Oh, and the tendency to want to vomit? No thanks. If I feel like I'm going to pop, Its over, lol. If it goes down, its going to fucking stay down.

Cobalt
12-21-2013, 08:25 PM
Friday: Squats

Cube method says for the first heavy day to do 80% of your 1RM. I haven't hit 405 in a couple years, and my last heavy squat attempt only yielded about 360lbs. So in the interest of not killing myself, I used the 360 as a reference, putting my weight for the day at only 275. I felt kinda weak doing just that much, but as I've been told I need to leave my ego at the door.

I honestly can't remember much aside from doing squats, leg presses and some GHD work. I was tried and after the workout then had to pull a 10 hour shift at work. Workout was great, but fucking hell I was burnt.

Today was misc work. I targeted my biceps, shoulders and abs for the most part.

Had a funny instance today though. There is a really cute girl that works the front counter and I've been playing around with the pheromones from GymnTonic when she works. I showed up, warmed up, and headed for the power lifting room. When walking past her, she yelled out "GO GET EM TIGER!" and proceeded to smack my ass. She then claimed that she "got a hand full of steel".

I guess my glutes are developing well.

Cobalt
12-23-2013, 11:07 PM
DEADLIFTS AGAIN.
Fuck yes.

The holiday season has taken its toll on most of the team members. The leader is in Florida (Or just got back in today) on vacation, and everyone else feels like sheep that need to be told what to do. We have a dry-erase board up in the PL room for notes and the days workout routine, but without our head guy, everyone seems to have forgotten how to do a proper workout...

So, I've been making up the routines and updating the board, but I have no clue if they are getting done. I was at the gym today and had one other guy show up, but he works there are a trainer. Who cares, I'm getting my shit done, lol.

Went 'heavy' today. Did 80% for the deadlifts. My only RAW PL is 360, so the 80% calculation put me at 273 lbs. I was supposed to do it for 5 sets x 2 reps, but after the second set, I upped it to 315. For my back and glutes, 273 is just way too light. My PR with wrist straps is 505, so the 273 wasn't going to get me anywhere at only 2 reps.

Went on to snatch-grip DLs. Did 225 at 5x8. Wasn't too hard, but the wide grip did a number on my hands.
DB Rows, 55 at 3x12
DB Shrugs, 105 at 3x12
Attempted 45lb bumper plate pinch grips holds, but that failed at 10 seconds. My hands were pretty spent by this point.

Workout wasn't too bad, but my work shift was bullshit right before the gym. Had a guy call out "sick" and so I didn't get a lunch break. I ate breakfast at 9:00, and didn't get to eat again until about 4:30, only 30 minutes before the workout. So I felt like I was running on empty after the first set of DLs.

Cobalt
12-28-2013, 09:51 PM
No workout Wednesday, it was pushed to Thursday.
Chest day, did some heavy work. Nothing exciting.

Friday, explosive squats.
Fuck me.

Did explosive squats with 225lbs, 5 sets of 6 reps. First couple of sets were good. Third set was harder. Fourth set was an uphill battle. Fifth set was... well, I don't remember much.
I thought that heavy squats and going for reps was euphoric. Holy hell explosive work on the legs is something else, I was NOT ready for that. I'm walking around like I just got out of prison, and on top of that, my upper body is pretty sore from the heavy work on Thursday.
I think I found my new favorite workout routine!

Aside from that, I've decided to just bite the bullet and STARTED TREST, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Starting out at 50mg/day right now. I don't plan on a long cycle, maybe 6-7 weeks. I'm really wanting to see what it can do. Once I've finished the short run, I'll plan for a bigger cycle over the summer. Since the price per gram is low, it would be worth it to stock up while it is available.

Currently sitting at 216lbs butt nekkid. I was 216 about 7 weeks ago at my old gym, but that was using their scale. My current gym showed me being a few pounds lighter when I joined, so I think the difference is in the calibration.

Cobalt
01-01-2014, 06:30 PM
I had a long write up of Saturday and Monday's workout, but then my browser crashed and it vanished. So here is the abridged version:

Saturday, misc stuff. Arms, shoulders, core.

Monday: Explosive Dead lifts, Lunges, GHD raises, Dimel Deads, Shrugs.

I'm fucking toasted from the Monday workout, everyone was. GHD raises was the last thing, 6sets x 6 reps. Everyone struggled, it was rough.

Trest is running well, no insane feelings or wanting to eat the barbells yet. I may bump it up to 75mg here soon, I'm not feeling any negative sides so far, so everything seems to be good. I've been reading logs on the compound, and most say to dose it like test prop. That means that 75mg/day would be more down my alley.

Out of 5 shots, 3 have gone through veins. Squirting-when-you-pull-the-pin-out veins. I'm on a fucking roll.

Cobalt
01-02-2014, 06:17 PM
THURSDAY: HIGH VOLUME BENCHING

I'd like to start out and say that I've bumped trest up to 75mg/day. Holy shit 25mg makes a difference. Had an amazing workout.

Warmup bench:
Bar x 25
95 x 10
135 x 8

Normal bench:
70% of 1RM = 188, used 185
185 x 5 (Did this for 7 sets)
205 x 15 Last set, I added 20 lbs and just repped out. Didn't expect 15, but holy crap it happened.

Dips:
3 sets of 12

Pushups:
Not sure what they are called, but there was a 45# and 25# bumper plate on the ground (stacked) you rested your chest on. 1 rep was an explosive pushup off the ground (hands on ground, chest on plates), smack the top of the plates, then catch yourself back into the starting position.
4 sets of 12

After that, just some accessory work on tris, and some rows to round things out. Freaking amazing workout. My chest is actually sore and it hasn't been in a long time.

Cobalt
01-07-2014, 07:06 AM
Finally got back to the gym, after 4 days off. I apparently work for Nazis with no regard for labor laws, so I had to miss gym time.

Anyhow, it was back to dead lifting yesterday.

Started out with deficit DL's.
50% x 10
60% x 8
70% x 8
80% x 6
85% x 6
Based on a 1RM of 405.

Good Mornings with bands
4sets x 12 reps

Not sure what they are called, some sort of pull with bands to work the rhomboids. Supersets with lunges.
4sets x 12 reps

GHD raises
4sets x 10 reps

I finally pulled the 405 raw last night. Going up to 85% for 6 reps was fairly easy, so I rested and pulled 405 for 1 rep, just to see how my hands held up. The weight was easy, and I had a good grip on the bar the whole time. I knew I could do it, just needed to actually do it so I could say I did.

Trest is running at 75mg/day still. Sex drive is off the charts, even more so than when I did 500mg/wk of plain test. I've also put on 3-4 lbs of weight since I started a week ago. Weighed in at 221 last night with gym shorts/shirt on, so I figured that put my actual weight between 119 and 120.
I'm really liking it so far, I have another 2 grams on the way in the mail, so I'll be able to run the cycle a little longer.

O_RYAN_007
01-07-2014, 09:18 AM
Finally got back to the gym, after 4 days off. I apparently work for Nazis with no regard for labor laws, so I had to miss gym time.

Anyhow, it was back to dead lifting yesterday.

Started out with deficit DL's.
50% x 10
60% x 8
70% x 8
80% x 6
85% x 6
Based on a 1RM of 405.

Good Mornings with bands
4sets x 12 reps

Not sure what they are called, some sort of pull with bands to work the rhomboids. Supersets with lunges.
4sets x 12 reps

GHD raises
4sets x 10 reps

I finally pulled the 405 raw last night. Going up to 85% for 6 reps was fairly easy, so I rested and pulled 405 for 1 rep, just to see how my hands held up. The weight was easy, and I had a good grip on the bar the whole time. I knew I could do it, just needed to actually do it so I could say I did.

Trest is running at 75mg/day still. Sex drive is off the charts, even more so than when I did 500mg/wk of plain test. I've also put on 3-4 lbs of weight since I started a week ago. Weighed in at 221 last night with gym shorts/shirt on, so I figured that put my actual weight between 119 and 120.
I'm really liking it so far, I have another 2 grams on the way in the mail, so I'll be able to run the cycle a little longer.

Good work my friend!

Cobalt
01-20-2014, 05:47 PM
Been MIA here recently.

Got SLAMMED by the flu. I mean bad. The test for detecting it typically takes 10 minutes to verify if you have it. It took me 2 minutes.
Got hooked up to an IV and filled up with fluid, antibiotics, antiviral, and steroids.
This was 10 days go, I finally went back to work today.

Needless to say, I've been out of the gym since then. I also dropped the trest a few days into everything. I'm hoping to be back into the gym in a few days. Need to catch up for lost time, less than 3 weeks to the competition.

Sperwer
01-21-2014, 03:39 AM
Been MIA here recently.

Got SLAMMED by the flu. I mean bad. The test for detecting it typically takes 10 minutes to verify if you have it. It took me 2 minutes.
Got hooked up to an IV and filled up with fluid, antibiotics, antiviral, and steroids.
This was 10 days go, I finally went back to work today.

Needless to say, I've been out of the gym since then. I also dropped the trest a few days into everything. I'm hoping to be back into the gym in a few days. Need to catch up for lost time, less than 3 weeks to the competition.

Right there with you bro - see my new post.

Cobalt
01-23-2014, 10:18 AM
Right there with you bro - see my new post.

Wow, that's rough. I always hate going to the doctor when I feel like crap, only to get the "we don't know" or "you have nothing" diagnosis.
I started showing symptoms at the start of the week, but each new symptom to show up could have been related to something else. It wasn't until the 102 fever that I went in.

I managed to get back to the gym yesterday. Kinda sucked, but I was there. Did a whole lot of light weight stuff and tried to hit most of my muscle groups. After being out for 2 weeks, I don't want to be retarded sore by jumping back into it. Still feel weak, but that will pass.

Cobalt
01-29-2014, 02:17 PM
Small update.

Over the 2 weeks of being out of the gym, I managed to lose 5 lbs. I was up to 224 when I went into the doctors at the onset of the flu. Yesterday I weighed in at 219 at the gym.

Started trest back up now that the flu is totally gone. I decided to kick it up to 100mg/day and see what this stuff can do. Competition is in 10 days and I want to be setting new PR's.

Finally did some heavy stuff again. Did some deadlifting yesterday.

Normal DL:

135 x 10
225 x 10
275 x 10
275 x 10
315 x 5
315 x 5
365 x 1 x 10

I could have easily done more weight, but didn't want to go from nearly 3 weeks of no deadlifts to really heavy. Next week will really be heavy.

Sumo Deficit DL:

135 x 10 x 4
185 x 8 x 4

Finished off with some GHD work and shrugs. Gotta do some benching and squatting before the week is out so I can kill it next week.

VayneZ
01-30-2014, 03:15 PM
Sorry to hear about the heavy flu brahh. How's your body recovering so far, you feel you'll be at your fullest potential in two weeks???

Cobalt
01-30-2014, 03:42 PM
Sorry to hear about the heavy flu brahh. How's your body recovering so far, you feel you'll be at your fullest potential in two weeks???

Body is recovering greatly. Slow at first, but I think I'm almost 100% again. I've had a nice string of illnesses over my life that 'stick with you' for the rest of your life, so the flu really brought them back out. I have a lingering cough still, but its just small amounts of fluid in my lungs, no infection thankfully.

I'm sure I'll be in great shape for the competition.

Did some heavy benching today.
Weighed in at 222.4 today. Already put on weight in the past 48 hours since my DL workout. Trest is still running good at 100mg/mL.

Normal Bench:

Bar x 20
135 x 5
185 x 5
185 x 5
225 x 3
225 x 3
245 x 3
255 x 3 <--3RM PR
275 x 1 <--1RM PR
275 x 1
295 x 1 <--1RM PR

Fucking blown away by those numbers. 1RM PR has been floating around 260 for a couple years, couldn't break that plateau to save my life. I did 255 x 2 at the start of the Cube Method training as a 2RM PR, so you can see the progress going on here.

Rounded out with some shoulder and lat training. Also did some close-grip benching for higher reps.

My goal for the competition is 315 for bench. I'm 20 lbs away from that after today, and considering the volume prior to the 295 press, 315 seems very realistic. Normally I wouldn't push that hard, but I'd like to see where I am at with only 9 days to go. I think I could have broken 300 without issue, but the 295 was a bit shaky, and failure is taboo for the Cube Method.

Cobalt
02-08-2014, 06:43 PM
Competition day.

I arrived at the gym at 7:45am, it was scheduled to start at 8am. The parking lot was abandoned.

Apparently, the competition was canceled, but no one told me. The flyers were still up too.

Kinda pissed right now, no clue what is going to happen.

Scope75
02-08-2014, 06:58 PM
Competition day.

I arrived at the gym at 7:45am, it was scheduled to start at 8am. The parking lot was abandoned.

Apparently, the competition was canceled, but no one told me. The flyers were still up too.

Kinda pissed right now, no clue what is going to happen.
Sorry to hear that man I saw you updated this thread and it was stoked to hear your results.
Fuck it thou power lifting is against yourself so go into the gym and have your own meet and hit your lifts.

Cobalt
03-13-2014, 05:30 PM
So, trest.

Made about 4 grams of it in a GSO base at 100mg/mL. Some of you may have seen it in a trest thread on the fourms.

Started out at 25mg/day. Felt good, but nothing crazy.

Quickly bumped it up to 50mg/day. A lot came rolling out at this point. Strength went up, felt better, enjoyed the gym more. Good stuff.

Kicked it up to 75mg/day, and this is where it shined. Holy crap it was intense. Strength went up, broke some PR's, felt great.

Tried 100mg/day for about a week. That was rough. It felt like I only got a minor boost in strength, but side effects started showing up.

Sides were irritating to me. Energy started to falter, night sweats, and a general uneasy feeling... kind of a cloudy feeling in my head. Granted, that was mainly at the 100mg/day dose. At the 25 and 50mg doses, sides didn't exist. Night sweats came about at 75mg/day, but they weren't too bad.

The run was pretty good overall. I did drop it for a week when I was hit by the flu, mainly because the night sweats were killing me. Having a fever is bad enough, so trest only made it that much worse. Libido was way up the whole time I was on it, felt like I was 16 again. Over the 5-ish weeks that I used it, I put on about 6 pounds, including the fact that I lost a good bit when the flu hit.

I didn't use an AI while on, although I could see having to use one for longer cycles at 50-75mg/day. I would say that a good cycle with it would be 75/mg a day by itself, or 50mg/day stacked with something else. I know some people wonder if this could be a test base for a cycle, and it feels like it could be so long as the rest of the AAS/PHs being used aren't excessive.

So all in all, it was a good run. I'll be running it again sometime, but with prices on the rise it may be a while. Not to mention that I'm still technically in PCT.

VayneZ
03-14-2014, 07:32 PM
Cobalt is it just what I read from your logs, or do you get hit by the flu often?
Were the nightsweats caused by the Trest (kinda like the Tren effect) or was it mainly due to the flu?

Nice review bud! Let us know how you recover through PCT.

Cobalt
03-15-2014, 09:54 AM
Only had the flu twice, once when I was 14 and then this last time. Although It seems that January/February is my 'sick months' for the year. I tend to get hit by something hard almost every time.

Night sweats were cause by both, the fever from the flu caused bad sweating. Trest also caused it, but not until the 75-100mg/day range. It wasn't bad, but I hate night sweats so I make it out to be worse than it is. I checked my body temp twice a day while sick, just to make sure I was getting better because you feel like shit all the time with the flu. Once my fever went away and my body temp was normal, night sweats stopped. After I felt like I really kicked the flu, I started the trest back up and the night sweats came back on.

I have to say though, that night sweats is NOT a common side effect of trest. It may just be how my body reacted to it, so keep that in mind.

VayneZ
03-15-2014, 04:57 PM
Thanks for the feedback

Cobalt
07-02-2014, 06:31 PM
Time to clear off the cobwebs.

Been to the doctors a bit over the past 6 weeks or so. Bad stomach/abdominal pains drove me to finally go in. I've had pains like this in the past, but they would come and go with no reason. I'd sometimes go to the doctor and pretty much told that everything seems fine and just give it more time, go easy on certain foods, yadda yadda yadda. I did go in once and they did an xray of my intestine and the large intestine on the left side was big and swollen. They said constipation, I said no, I'm passing liquid shit, can't be. The result was "come back in 3 days if it isn't better."

It always got better, but when you are in pain for a week or two with no reason, and it keeps happening, something is up. So I started my own research and presented it to my doctor. I was diagnosed with IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome), which isn't a huge deal. But I'm getting referred out to a specialist because I have the textbook symptoms of Crohn's Disease. I have to have a colonoscopy to confirm it, but I don't have $1000 lying around to do so.

It sucks because one of the problems with Crohn's is your immune system detects the bacteria in your GI tract. You have a lot of good bacteria that is supposed to be in there, but the immune system goes stupid and attacks it. So I'll wake up, bad stomach and gut pain because my immune system is fighting my intestine. This means that the intestine doesn't really work properly, you know, like absorbing proper nutrients. Imagine eating 5000 calories a day and only absorbing 3500-4000 of them.

It explains a lot.

It gets a bit more interesting.

High testosterone levels report to have an impact on the immune system. A natural immunosuppressant.
This goes right along with nature because I never had this problem in high school or college when my T levels were sky high. Now that my natural levels and on the decline, it is starting to be a problem.
Not to mention that I've never had the problem while on a cycle that had a test base.

So, my journey has changed directions. My goals are still the same, but I have to take another path.

My next course of action is to try another cycle. Trest and Dien Ace to be specific. I want to go a good 8 weeks and see how things turn out. Maybe longer if things are good.

Got more interesting stuff coming up, just had to get things going here and draw some interest.

Cobalt
07-02-2014, 06:35 PM
Oh yes, I bought a car a couple months back. Its a turbocharged red convertible.
I'm now cooler than 80% of the fourm members. :cool:

tallstraw
07-02-2014, 06:43 PM
If it doesn't get 0-60 in less than 6 seconds...You're a loser.

Cobalt
07-02-2014, 07:01 PM
If it doesn't get 0-60 in less than 6 seconds...You're a loser.

LOL
4.7 stock.
Can replace the MAP sensors with 3-bar ones and do a tune, gaining about 45 horses and dropping the 0-60 to about 4.2

Turbo6GN
07-02-2014, 07:52 PM
Challenge accepted :cool:

1987 Buick Grand National, turbocharged and definitely not stock :)

tallstraw
07-02-2014, 10:43 PM
Those things are beasts

Cobalt
07-04-2014, 12:35 PM
Started some B-12 injections. Currently loading with 1000mcg ED for about a week, then I'll increase the duration between injections. Feeling a little better already.
The thing with an IBD is you don't absorb nutrients too well, especially b12. Adding an oral supplement just puts more in your gut to be absorbed, but doesn't always help.

NEW CYCLE STARTING SOON!
Trestolone Acetate and Dienolone Acetate.

I liked trest so much last time that I figured I would give it another go for a longer duration this time. I'm stacking it with dien as well, its a beast.
Going to be starting out at 50mg each, daily.

Stay tuned for more.

Cobalt
07-07-2014, 02:57 PM
Started cycle today. Trest 50mg and Dien 50mg.
Weighed in at 210 lbs.

Did some leg work, nothing much. I was running late today and only got about 30 mins in the gym before work.

I'll try to get some measurements in soon. I'm more interested in seeing how much bigger I get size wise and not so much the weight this time around.

Cobalt
07-09-2014, 03:01 PM
Holy back pumps!

Only day 3 and the pumps are raging already. I did deadlifting today and it was intense!

Normal DL:
135 x 12
225 x 12
275 x 6
325 x 3
375 x 1
375 x 1

Grip was getting weak, couldn't go higher...

Shrugs:
135 x 15
155 x 15
175 x 12
195 x 12
225 x 10

Leg Press:
415 x 20
415 x 20

Deficit Sumo DL:
135 x 12
135 x 12
135 x 12

Rounded out with some hamstring curls and GHD work.

Legs were PUMPED and burning. I was not walking very well by the end of it. Not too bad for not having deadlifted in a good month.

B12 injections are just amazing. I actually have an appetite for the first time since February. Been cleaning up the diet too. Started back with green smoothies and MEAT in the mornings and actually making meals to take with me to work. I finished my workout about 2 hours ago and I already want to go back!

BoneDaddy
07-09-2014, 03:34 PM
I'm stoked for this cycle man! Sounds yummy!

VayneZ
07-09-2014, 06:09 PM
in for this as well bud! I'll be following!

Bucks
07-09-2014, 06:45 PM
Holy back pumps!

Only day 3 and the pumps are raging already. I did deadlifting today and it was intense!

Normal DL:
135 x 12
225 x 12
275 x 6
325 x 3
375 x 1
375 x 1

Grip was getting weak, couldn't go higher...

Shrugs:
135 x 15
155 x 15
175 x 12
195 x 12
225 x 10

Leg Press:
415 x 20
415 x 20

Deficit Sumo DL:
135 x 12
135 x 12
135 x 12

Rounded out with some hamstring curls and GHD work.

Legs were PUMPED and burning. I was not walking very well by the end of it. Not too bad for not having deadlifted in a good month.

B12 injections are just amazing. I actually have an appetite for the first time since February. Been cleaning up the diet too. Started back with green smoothies and MEAT in the mornings and actually making meals to take with me to work. I finished my workout about 2 hours ago and I already want to go back!

Told you man. This shit is intense! Surprised it hit so quick though.

Try doing cardio.

Cobalt
07-09-2014, 09:16 PM
Told you man. This shit is intense! Surprised it hit so quick though.

Luckily it didn't hit until after the Sumos. I'm going to try and start taking some taurine with my pre-wo, I've heard it helps. Cardio? Yeah, been trying to add that in... trying.

Thanks all for following, this should be a wild ride.

Cobalt
07-11-2014, 10:32 AM
Thursday was some work on the arms, pumped to hell and back. Felt really good and had to make myself stop lifting.

Back is sore from deadlifting and I pulled something in my neck, lol. I think I did it earlier in the week when I was doing chest/back, shit was getting intense.

Still cruising along at 50mg/50mg. I did have something interesting happen yesterday. I pinned the solutions in my left quad and about 20 seconds after I started coughing. Like tren coughing. I've been there before with tren and this was exactly the same. It lasted a good 4-5 minutes, same taste/feeling in my throat.
I couldn't find anything about trest or dien causing it, but I'm 100% sure it was from the injection.

Today is my off day, got a long night at work and then its onto legs tomorrow!

Cobalt
07-13-2014, 11:40 AM
Friday, leg day.

Normal Squats:
Bar x 20
135 x 10
185 x 10
225 x 6 <-- left knee started complaining
225 x 6

Stopped there, my left knee was complaining too much.

Calf raises:
135 x 20
180 x 12
180 x 12

Got painful at that point. My calves pump up like crazy.

Tried some weight on the leg press machine:
450 x 6
450 x 6
450 x 6

Knee still complaining, didn't want it to get too mad.

Did some supersets of lunges / banded good mornings.

Finished off the day with 45 mins of cardio. I was only planning on 20 minutes, but some girls with good assets started using the elepticals in front of me :cool:

Pinned again today, got the coughing again right afterwards. Not nearly as bad as 2 days ago, but it was the same thing. I never had the problem with just trest, so I'm thinking that it may be the dien causing it.

Bucks
07-13-2014, 07:23 PM
That's weird with the cough. Do you have blood after the pin like it went into a vein ? I have not seen that in my research at all.

How are the sweats?

KGPL
07-13-2014, 07:32 PM
Try knee wraps or sleeves. Night and day difference for me with squats.

Bucks
07-13-2014, 07:49 PM
Try knee wraps or sleeves. Night and day difference for me with squats.

I destroyed my left knee well over 5 years ago with several knee surgeries after. I ve always had a lot of knee pain doing squats or heavy leg presses. I bought a set of wraps awhile ago and was like holy shit ! Completely changing how much weight I can push and the knees don't hurt after training.

Huge difference, wish I would have tried sooner.

Cobalt
07-13-2014, 09:29 PM
That's weird with the cough. Do you have blood after the pin like it went into a vein ? I have not seen that in my research at all.

How are the sweats?

There was a very small bit of blood, like a little less than a drop, so I doubt I hit a vein. When I ran trest back in december/january, I hit veins quite a few times and never had the coughing. That's why I'm thinking its the dien.

Sweating is normal, nothing extra.

I've been thinking about doing knee wraps, but normally I can go heavy without my knee complaining too much. I think its because I've been avoiding real squats for a while and just doing leg presses in the machine. I'll give it a couple more weeks and see how things turn out.

Cobalt
07-14-2014, 11:48 AM
Chest/Back day!

Bench:
Bar x 25
135 x 12
185 x 12
225 x 6
225 x 6
245 x 3
245 x 3

Seated Rows:
40 x 25
75 x 12
105 x 12
145 x 12
175 x 10

Incline Bench:
135 x 12
135 x 12
135 x 12

Lat pull-downs:
60 x 12
145 x 10
175 x 8
205 x 6
205 x 3

Standing Decline Cable Flys:
60(per arm) x 12
70 x 12
80 x 12
80 x 6

Not too bad, felt really good the whole time. Hoping to go back up on the benching, but this was the first time in a few months that I went above 225.

Cobalt
07-15-2014, 03:33 PM
Deadlifting / Shoulder work

Normal DL:
135 x 12
135 x 12
225 x 10
315 x 6
365 x 6
405 x 1

Seated overhead press:
55 (per hand) x 12
55 x 12
80 x 10
80 x 10

GHD raises:
12 reps x 3 sets

Standing bar overhead press:
95 x 12
95 x 12
95 x 12

Started to do some deficit DL's, but some teens had come into the chalk room and started fucking around. One of them fell into me and I just stopped. Went to the front office and got them all in trouble. Only one had a membership and was letting his friends in, resulted in a ban, lol.

Finished off with 30 mins of cardio.

DL's felt really good. 405 is my RAW 1RM, so being able to pull it again was great. Had some blisters on my hands from working in the yard over the weekend. Blisters were gone after the session. :cool:

KGPL
07-15-2014, 04:37 PM
^ Try pulling a single every deadlift day. I'd love to see where this gets you throughout the course of the cycle. Every time I work my way up to a single for an extended period of time, I get really strong.

Jealous of the 30 minutes of cardio :D

I get too bored after 15-20 to continue. So I just BS around with more volume to burn up calories.

Cobalt
07-15-2014, 06:10 PM
^ Try pulling a single every deadlift day. I'd love to see where this gets you throughout the course of the cycle. Every time I work my way up to a single for an extended period of time, I get really strong.

Jealous of the 30 minutes of cardio :D

I get too bored after 15-20 to continue. So I just BS around with more volume to burn up calories.

I'd burn out if I tried to pull a new max every time, lol. I'm going to be doing 2 weeks of high weight followed by 2 weeks of high reps, then back again.

Yeah, cardio sucks, but I have HBP, so I almost have to do it. I usually get lucky and a cute girl will start on an elliptical in front of me, makes it much easier.

Bucks
07-15-2014, 06:42 PM
Especially if you popped Tada for pre workout. Me loves the cardio bunnies !

VayneZ
07-16-2014, 11:58 AM
Nice to see you're back to 405!!!

Cobalt
07-16-2014, 03:29 PM
Hell yeah, feels fucking awesome.

Today was a rest day. I had to fight the urge to go in, but I can't be burning myself out.

I did weigh in at 218 yesterday after my workout. Puts me at +8lbs in 8 days, holy fuck.

Cobalt
07-18-2014, 06:29 PM
Gym time again today. Did arms and abs and had a fucking amazing workout. Pumped to all hell and veins bulging. I was doing some standing curls and my tris were sticking out on the sides, they have never been that big and fired up before.

Still running at 50mg/50mg. Getting nice gains, so I have no current plan to increase the dosage. Blood pressure is staying in check too which I am VERY happy about.

I did miss the last 2 days of gym time - first day was my rest day and I managed to get into something that I was allergic to. My sinuses were inflamed and migraines all fucking day. I had so many pain killers in me I don't remember yesterday, lol.

Hopefully onto leg day tomorrow, which will end my 2 weeks of 'heavy' lifting. Going to change it up to low weight / high rep for two weeks.

VayneZ
07-18-2014, 10:13 PM
I could use some painkillers right now :rolleyes:

You took before pics? Interested in seeing how you'll transform through this.
Let us know about leg day!!! Go brutal

Cobalt
07-19-2014, 01:53 PM
Pics? Of course... I didn't. I should have because I've blown up in such a short time, although It feels to be water weight and not all muscle growth. I'll try to get some anyways.

Did legs today. I was fortunate enough to get there when a couple of lifting buddies from back in January were there. The owner of the gym was there and guess what? It was leg day for them too.

Don't remember a lot about what I did exactly, lots of different things and screwing around with the other guys. The knee was doing great, so I was squatting more weight than last time.

This ends my first round of heavy lifting. Starting Monday, I'll be rolling into my lower weight and higher rep routines. I'm pretty stoked to see how things go, the pumps are intense right now and high rep will be fun.

Cobalt
07-19-2014, 07:17 PM
Just for Vaynez, I snapped a pic earlier :D

Started on the 7th of July, so this is only 12 days in. Didn't realize that my arms are that big already. Its been a good 24 hours since the arm workout, and this shot was about an hour after I finished my leg workout, so they were feeling a little less full. Leg day always saps energy from everything else in the body.

I neeeeeeed to grab a tape measure and actually tape everything for real number increases. Damn I'm lazy, lol.

Cobalt
07-22-2014, 11:58 AM
Today started the low weight / high rep system.

Chest/back

Bench:
bar x 20
135 x 20
135 x 18
135 x 16 (Fucking pumps got painful!)

Cable Rows:
40 x 20
75 x 18
80 x 16

Dumbell Press:
40 (each hand) x 20
40 x 18
40 x 14

Lat pulldowns:
40 x 20
75 x 20
85 x 18
Kinda sucked, shoulders were burning before my lats

Standing decline cable press
40 x 20
40 x 18
40 x 18

The pumps man, THE PUMPS. Shit was getting real in the third set of reps for each movement. I expected pumps, but holy shit it was bad. It was a fantastic workout though, was a lot of fun. I'm going to be feeling it in the morning.

Did some other misc stuff, but the pumps made it hard to even move at some points. I tried some close grip incline benching, but my pecs wouldn't let me get my arms close enough to keep good form.

Bucks
07-22-2014, 08:54 PM
I tried a double dose before leaving on a trip and with that workout couldn't get over 6 reps on anything.

The pumps were crippling . Back pumps on the plane , back pumps pulling luggage defiantly no pumps lacking at all. LOL.

Cobalt
07-22-2014, 09:04 PM
I've been avoiding GPLC so far. Its my go-to supplement for pumps, but I think it would be suicide at this point.

Cobalt
07-23-2014, 03:46 PM
Tried deadlifting today. Absolute failure of a workout.
Pumps were just murder. I did 135lbs for 20 reps, rested then went at it again. By rep 15, I was hurting. Didn't get a lot done, back pumps were just off the charts.

It also didn't help that my stomach is acting up again. Haven't felt too great the past couple days, but nothing too bad. Today was different, felt tired, deflated and just not wanting to do anything. I had almost no appetite yesterday and anything I did eat just sat in my stomach.
I'm hoping that I was just having issues absorbing what I ate and my body not getting enough calories.

Only weighed in a 219 today. Weight gain really slowed down.

BoneDaddy
07-23-2014, 06:15 PM

Bucks
07-23-2014, 06:43 PM

But at some point it gets fucken painful . I can never remember having my arm pumps so bad I can't touch my face.

KGPL
07-23-2014, 06:46 PM
^ I want that feeling so bad.... Can't ever get it haha. Pump dies off before it gets that extreme.

BoneDaddy
07-23-2014, 06:53 PM
But at some point it gets fucken painful . I can never remember having my arm pumps so bad I can't touch my face.

Cobalt
07-23-2014, 09:56 PM
^^^ Not even going to ask why you have a pic of a ripped guy in a man thong.

Its not so much the pumps, I can push through the pain to an extent.
It was the headaches getting triggered and the upset stomach that really got to me. Everything together made it impossible.

BoneDaddy
07-24-2014, 05:12 AM
^^^ Not even going to ask why you have a pic of a ripped guy in a man thong.

Why you hating on my selfies?!

VayneZ
07-24-2014, 01:56 PM
Bro, I can't believe I didn't see that pic before. Arms are looking pretty solid. I wanna see maddddd veinz on them arms Cobalt!
Bring the intensity! Use the adrenaline and hate power of the deep inner mind and release those demons through this cycle!!! :mad: :cool:

Cobalt
07-24-2014, 04:13 PM
Arms are doing good, veins pop out hard when I'm at the gym. Just a little difficult to get a good photo while I'm lifting.

Speaking of arms, today was high rep arm day.
Pumps were intense, but not as bad as yesterday. I guess the lack of searing pain makes a big difference, lol. They were so bad that I had to lean my face into my hand to wipe the sweat off my face, couldn't reach too well.

Energy was much better, I think my stomach is calming down and cooperating again. Loaded up on medication last night and went to bed early. It feels like it did the trick because I was crazy hungry when I got up and have been eating all day.

VayneZ
07-24-2014, 08:12 PM
Energy was much better, I think my stomach is calming down and cooperating again. Loaded up on medication last night and went to bed early. It feels like it did the trick because I was crazy hungry when I got up and have been eating all day.

Feed Feed Feed!!! My appetite is finally coming back on my PCT so I'm eating mad crazy

Cobalt
07-25-2014, 06:41 PM
Was going to take the day off, but after reading that other people are training 5-7 days a week, I felt I had to catch up.
I was also bored at the house, so that too.

Did some shoulder and ab work. I haven't focused on my shoulders a lot over the past few years because of bad injuries, but they seem to be doing a lot better with benching and such.

I didn't go too heavy, the highest I did was 60 lb dumbbell overhead presses for 12 reps. No pain, felt good.

I'm thinking that I'm going to start doing only 1 week of high-rep with 2-3 weeks of high-weight. Its good to have the change, but I'm not sure that I can handle two weeks in a row of it.

necropuppy
07-25-2014, 07:17 PM
Was going to take the day off, but after reading that other people are training 5-7 days a week, I felt I had to catch up.
I was also bored at the house, so that too.

Did some shoulder and ab work. I haven't focused on my shoulders a lot over the past few years because of bad injuries, but they seem to be doing a lot better with benching and such.

I didn't go too heavy, the highest I did was 60 lb dumbbell overhead presses for 12 reps. No pain, felt good.

I'm thinking that I'm going to start doing only 1 week of high-rep with 2-3 weeks of high-weight. Its good to have the change, but I'm not sure that I can handle two weeks in a row of it.

I was thinking the same thing too, try and switch stuff up, what about one heavy week, one high volume weem. Repeat. Maybe a dropset week for once a month or once every other month.

Cobalt
07-25-2014, 07:23 PM
I did the cube method back in November through January, which was a week of high weight, week of high rep and a week of explosive work. It was great, but it is geared toward power lifting, which I'm not focusing on right now.

I do like the switching up, but even switching from one week to the next might be a bit much. I dunno, just gotta play around with the routine and see how things go.

necropuppy
07-25-2014, 07:30 PM
I did the cube method back in November through January, which was a week of high weight, week of high rep and a week of explosive work. It was great, but it is geared toward power lifting, which I'm not focusing on right now.

I do like the switching up, but even switching from one week to the next might be a bit much. I dunno, just gotta play around with the routine and see how things go.
Yeah lol I feel yeah I get set in a routine and it's just that a routine. Easier to stick by. Imma look up this cube routine. I'm trying to get my strength up, but I have injury issues too.

Cobalt
07-25-2014, 07:55 PM
Yeah lol I feel yeah I get set in a routine and it's just that a routine. Easier to stick by. Imma look up this cube routine. I'm trying to get my strength up, but I have injury issues too.

http://storage.skynet-solutions.net/muscle-research.com/the_cube_method.pdf

Direct link to the PDF for the training.

necropuppy
07-25-2014, 08:01 PM
http://storage.skynet-solutions.net/muscle-research.com/the_cube_method.pdf

Direct link to the PDF for the training.
Much appreciated!

Cobalt
07-26-2014, 03:44 PM
Did some leg work today. No normal squatting, mainly front squats and lots of reps on the leg press machine.

High rep work on the legs is brutal. Pumps are crazy, but not painful like lower back pumps. I did 500 lbs on the leg press machine for 15 reps at 8 sets total, making it 120 reps in all. It was hard to walk.

I'm going back into high weight mode next week. I can't imagine two weeks of high reps, not going to happen.

AttackonHill
07-26-2014, 06:18 PM
Hey man, seems like you're getting good gains. I liked the Cube method myself. Never realized pumps could get to the point of being that painful, but I'm a rookie when it comes to AAS and hormones.

5-3-1 is also pretty good because you can do the one heavy compound exercise to start and then throw in some volume.

Cobalt
07-27-2014, 06:05 PM
Yeah, its really important to switch it up and have variety. I would always burn out really fast in the past, couldn't figure out why.

Cobalt
07-28-2014, 02:55 PM
Chest day today. Kinda did my routine backwards for some reason:

Decline cable flys:
60 x 10
70 x 10
80 x 10

Sitting cable rows
145 x 10
175 x 10
205 x 10

Dumbbell presses
80 x 10
80 x 10
80 x 8
Would have gone higher, but the section of the gym I was in only went to 80's

Lat pulldowns:
145 x 10
175 x 10
205 x 5
220 x 3
220 x 3
235 x 3

Benching:
145 x 3
185 x 3
225 x 3
245 x 3
265 x 1

The 265 went up easy, but on the rep down, my right shoulder had a funny feeling that I haven't felt in a while, so I played it safe and stopped there. I was running out of time anyhow, but still happy with the results. 1RM PR is only 295, so 265 is good for now.

Got some goodies today. My GymNTonic pheromones showed up today, going to have fun with those. Also got the Liquid Dubstep bottle, can't wait to try it out tomorrow.
Also scored a near-full tub of Craze. My gym sells pre-wo shots for $2 each. They have a stack of different ones, and I've been getting the Craze for the last 2 weeks. Came in today and the girl at the desk said that I should just buy the whole tub. The manager was there and said $15. I couldn't get my wallet out fast enough. It was at least 2/3 of the way full.

necropuppy
07-28-2014, 04:21 PM
Score on the craze!!!! Obviously they had no idea. Lol.

Man that's crazy weight on lat pull downs.

What's your rationale of doing lat pull down on chest day?

Cobalt
07-28-2014, 04:25 PM
My 'chest' days are really chest/back, so lats get hit as part of the back muscles.

Its just always been that way for me.

necropuppy
07-28-2014, 04:27 PM
My 'chest' days are really chest/back, so lats get hit as part of the back muscles.

Its just always been that way for me.
Oh ok. Buncha people I know do that. I might try that. You feel you hit chest better when you work back with it? Chest is my lagging point.

Bucks
07-28-2014, 04:33 PM
Score on the craze!!!! Obviously they had no idea. Lol.

Man that's crazy weight on lat pull downs.

What's your rationale of doing lat pull down on chest day?

You can tell he didn't go to Planet Fitness with those numbers on the pull downs!

Cobalt
07-28-2014, 04:35 PM
Something like that. I just like to work complementing muscles when I can. Upper body gets pumped up really well when I do them together, so it really helps out.

- - - Updated - - -

You can tell he didn't go to Planet Fitness with those numbers on the pull downs!

LOL, I want to find a PF near by just to go in and fuck with everyone and the staff.

Pulldowns were just doing really well today, felt it in every rep. :D

Bucks
07-28-2014, 04:39 PM
I went to one a few weeks ago in NC ( it was close to the hotel I was at) what a waste of my time. Biggest DB was 70 LBS. Trying to find 45s they had like 4 of them in the free weight area.

Cobalt
07-29-2014, 08:05 PM
Deadlift day

Regular DL:
135 x 10
225 x 5
315 x 3
405 x 1
455 x 1 <-- 1RM raw PR

Leg presses:
350 x 20
350 x 20

GHD raises:
3 sets of 12

Sumo deficit DL:
225 x 5
225 x 5
225 x 5

30 mins of cardio.

Really happy with the DL weight and the new raw PR. Got a video of the lift I'll try to get up later.

Cobalt
07-29-2014, 09:37 PM
http://youtu.be/uM1F4VZx4gI

It really is 455, just noticed that you can't see the 25# plates at the ends.

necropuppy
07-30-2014, 05:15 AM
http://youtu.be/uM1F4VZx4gI

It really is 455, just noticed that you can't see the 25# plates at the ends.

You had perfect form and you made it look easy too. Lol.

Cobalt
07-30-2014, 08:41 AM
Thanks. I may have been able to do more, my 1RM with wrist straps is 515. Really trying to focus on my grip strength.

Cobalt
07-30-2014, 03:13 PM
ARM DAY

Hammer curls:
DB's with FatGripz
35 x 12
35 x 12
35 x 12
50 x 12 (removed FatGripz)

Cable pulldowns:
With FatGripz:
100 x 12
140 x 10
180 x 6
200 x 6

Standing Curls
25# curl bar, stated weights include the bar
75 x 10
95 x 6
115 x 6
115 x 3

Some weird tricep movement using DB's a trainer showed me. You lye on your back with DB's over your chest like a press, but you rotate the inner side of the DB's down to your pecs, then rotate/press back up. Really odd, but works well.
45 x 12
50 x 10
50 x 10

Machine Curls:
120 x 6
140 x 6
160 x 6

Dips:
Bodyweight x 5
BW + 45# x 5
BW + 70# x 5
BW + 90# x 5

Reverse grip curls (good for forearms):
60 x 10
70 x 10
80 x 10

Really killed it on some movements. The weighted dips were fun, haven't done that much in a while. I decided to throw in the FatGripz for a few things to work on my grip strength. The 35# DB hammer curls were intense, forearms were pumped like hell.

Going to have the next 3-4 days off from the gym. Going to the beach on vacation, wooooo!

AttackonHill
07-30-2014, 10:14 PM
A
Some weird tricep movement using DB's a trainer showed me. You lye on your back with DB's over your chest like a press, but you rotate the inner side of the DB's down to your pecs, then rotate/press back up. Really odd, but works well.
45 x 12
50 x 10
50 x 10

Going to have the next 3-4 days off from the gym. Going to the beach on vacation, wooooo!

I've done them before and if I'm picturing the same exercise they're called Tate presses - I think named after Dave Tate. Gets the whole range of the triceps, upper and lower.

Have a good vacation.

Cobalt
07-30-2014, 10:15 PM
I've done them before and if I'm picturing the same exercise they're called Tate presses - I think named after Dave Tate. Gets the whole range of the triceps, upper and lower.

Have a good vacation.

Yes, Tate presses, good call!
And I will enjoy my vacation.... if my wife ever gets done packing.

Cobalt
08-05-2014, 10:47 AM
Back from vacation. Well, I was back Friday night. Went to Atlantic beach and it rained 80% of the time, so we ended up leaving early because everything we wanted to do was cancelled because of the rain. Its like everyone was afraid they would get wet or something. Food also sucked, I was under my calorie intake the whole time.

Anyhow, took time off to relax, went back to the gym yesterday (Monday) for some chest/back work:

Regular Bench:
bar x 25
135 x 10
185 x 3
225 x 3
245 x 3
265 x 3
295 x 1 <-- 1RM PR
315 x 0
Couldn't get it going, felt good going down, hit my chest and just died.

High Rows
135 x 10
225 x 5
275 x 5
315 x 5

Rack Presses:
135 x 5
225 x 5
225 x 5
I hate these, but I gave them a shot because I wanted to mix it up.

Next was an exercise to work the inner delts. You start with a barbell on a rack at chest height. You pull it off, start around your collar bone and press it up, just above your head. You come back down to the collar bone and that is one rep. I was taught the move, but not the name.
95 x 5
115 x 5
135 x 5

Seated cable rows:
180 x 5
205 x 5
230 x 5
230 x 5

DB presses:
80 x 8
80 x 8
80 x 8

Lat Pulldowns:
180 x 5
205 x 5
230 x 5
255 x 3

Really stoked that I hit 295 on the bench. I honestly thought that I was only doing 285, but once I finished I realized it was 295. It felt really good, so I tried the 315, but didn't work out. I think I was so nervous attempting so much that my form was off. No big deal though, cycle isn't even to the mid point yet.

Going to try and squeeze in some deadlifting tonight or tomorrow. I typically do evening shifts at work, but I got back from vacation and I'm stuck pulling two morning shifts back to back. Not too bad, but work is draining, so gym time afterwards isn't too great.

Cobalt
08-09-2014, 08:12 PM
Gym has been in the dumps after my crap with getting pulled over and getting the pending DUI charge.

Tried some DL's the other day, but just didn't have the energy. Did some shoulder work today after some light leg work because my right knee has been acting up.

Been feeling a lot better tonight though, hopefully I'll get back into the swing of things in the next couple of days.

I did get my hair cut, I decided not to grow it back out.
Literally over a pound of hair.

VayneZ
08-10-2014, 06:55 PM
Dude that 455 was priceless!! My wrists came a long way since I decided to never ever use straps again. Congrats on that PR without straps. Looking forward to seeing your wrist become made out of steel

Cobalt
08-19-2014, 02:44 PM
Really got back into it today. I've been stressed and beat from all the crap that happened, but I'm feeling MUCH better.

Got a good chest day in on Saturday, took off since then.

Met up with a guy at the gym today for deadlifting.

Normal DL:
135 x 10
135 x 10
135 x 10
185 x 3
225 x 3
275 x 3
315 x 3
365 x 3
405 x 3

Leg presses:
455 x 20
455 x 20

GHD raises:
3 sets of 12

We were pretty dead after that. Its been a good couple of weeks since I had a good DL workout.

Cobalt
08-21-2014, 03:31 PM
Finally hit my benching goal. I was able to put up 315# on the bench :cool:

Bench:
bar x 20
135 x 10
185 x 3
225 x 3
245 x 3
265 x 3
285 x 1
315 x 1

Also did a lot of rows / lat work and some more chest stuff like flys. I was so stoked that I hit my 315# goal that I really don't remember the weights of other exercises.

I'm seriously happy that I finally did this. Benching sucks so badly for me and I almost didn't attempt it. The 285 went up with almost zero strain and perfect form. I said fuck it and threw on the 315. Came down, started up and my form got ugly, BUT IT WENT BACK UP.

I'm fucking psyched.

AttackonHill
08-21-2014, 09:05 PM
Nothing quite like hitting a heavy 3 plate bench. Even though deadlift is a much manlier exercise, the bench will never lose its mystique and the 3 plate mark puts you into the heavy hitter category. Congrats man.

Eden
08-22-2014, 09:22 AM
Hell yea dude grats.

Cobalt
09-05-2014, 08:42 PM
Been MIA again. My GI tract disease decided to flare back up and I've been out of the gym for the past week or so.

Finally getting back on track and I'm back on solid foods again, lol.

I have about 1 1/2 - 2 weeks worth of trest/dien left. Don't know if I want to try and run something else longer or just roll into PCT once I've used up what I have. Been thinking about grabbing some of the Desoxy-T Cyp that pureoils has and trying it with some androhard.

We'll see how I feel later next week.

necropuppy
09-06-2014, 10:20 AM
GI problems are horrible. Especially in what we do when you need consume lots of nutrients. Glad you're feeling better man.

Desoxy-t + andro hard I think would be totally tits.

Bucks
09-06-2014, 05:33 PM
Ya man on the shitty belly. I used to battle with IBS for about 5 years and it went away so I know how it screws with your life.

Still haven't tried the DTC yet but with AH it should be dry and aggressive.

Cobalt
09-06-2014, 09:05 PM
It really sucks. Eating/drinking something small and feeling like you want to puke for the next 2 hours. The whole ordeal lasts almost a week and is just brutal. The worst part is that my gut pretty much stops absorbing some things and just rushes everything from start to finish. It pretty much keeps me out of the gym the whole time.

Did some chest and back work today. First good workout in a while.

Bench:
bar x 20
135 x 12
185 x 8
225 x 5
225 x 5
235 x 5
245 x 3

Sitting cable rows:
130 x 12
145 x 8
145 x 8
160 x 6
160 x 6

Incline bench:
135 x 8
185 x 8
205 x 5
225 x 5

Lat pulldowns:
130 x 6
145 x 6
145 x 6

Decline cable flys
60 x 8
80 x 8

Felt kinda burnt at this point, but happy with the results. A week of bad calories and nutrient intake/absorption kicks your ass.

Still on the fence about what to do at the end of the trest/dien. Desoxy-T/Androhard sounds nice, but for the same price, I can score a good 25 GRAMS of raw Test E powder. Decisions, decisions.

Cobalt
09-13-2014, 01:01 AM
Been feeling a lot better. I've finally had the chance to sleep in until 10am or later every day because the wife is away on business. I've been busy as shit myself, so I haven't been in the gym quite as much as I would like.

I did hit the gym about 2 hours ago. Yes, at 1am. I love having a 24hr gym, lol.

Tried something new. I wanted to hit arms and do some deadlifting, so I tried supersetting deadlifts with arm workouts:

Normal DL - 135 x 10

Dumbbell curls:
30 x 10
(DL 225 x 5)
35 x 10
(DL 225 x 5)
40 x 10
(DL 225 x 5)

Skull crushers:
75 x 10
(DL 315 x 3)
95 x 10
(DL 315 x 3)
95 x 8
(DL 315 x 3)

Standing ez-curl bar curls:
75 x 5
(DL 365 x 3)
95 x 3
(DL 365 x 1)
95 x 4
(DL 365 x 1)
95 x 5
(DL 365 x 1)

Hands were getting torn up and burnt by this point, lol.

Tate presses:
50 x 8
(DL 405 x 1)
55 x 8
(DL 405 x 1)
60 x 8
(DL 405 x 1)

Did some misc speed work on the biceps after that, supersets with GHD raises. Doing the deadlifts between sets was murder but it was a nice change of pace. I had the whole gym to myself, so I could leave the DL bar loaded up and jump between spots without being a dick.

I've decided to start up some Epi-Andro (and possibly Dienazone) once my trest/dien ace runs out here shortly. Dunno if I'll go with oral or topical for the Epi-Andro, but I'm wanting to do topical if I can get it all ordered up.

Cobalt
09-15-2014, 03:13 PM
Chest/back day again:

Warmup/stretching for about 5-7 minutes

Lat pulldowns:
130 x 10
145 x 10
160 x 8
160 x 8

Bench:
bar x 20
135 x 10
185 x 10
225 x 3
245 x 3
265 x 3
275 x 3
285 x 3

Sitting cable rows
130 x 10
145 x 10
160 x 10
175 x 8
190 x 8
205 x 6

Incline Bench:
135 x 10
185 x 10
225 x 10

Close grip lat pulldowns
145 x 8
160 x 8
175 x 8
175 x 8

Elevator Bench (as per Wesley's log)
135 x 8
135 x 5
Fuck that, shit burns like hell

Got back from a 650 mile round trip out of state over the past 2 days. The wife is out of town on business and I had a couple days off so I went to visit her. The funny part is that an ex from high school happens to live about 40 minutes away from where the wife is staying. Apparently she reads my facebook page and when I posted about being in the area, she lost her shit and constantly messaged me about coming to spend time with her. I've been uploading my progress pics for friends to see and she likes what I put up.

Swole Source: Making ex's regret their decisions.

Cobalt
09-17-2014, 12:22 PM
Just got in my EpiAndro powder and Salvo, thanks to Wesley and GymNTonic.

Need to get a scale so I can measure everything out and get started!

Whats a good amount to take daily with a topical? I was thinking about starting at 300-400mg a day.

Cobalt
09-19-2014, 08:24 PM
Been running TD EpiAndro at about 300mg/day. Took my last shot of Trest/Dien today, but of course BBG was kind enough to point out that Trest Ace is back in stock. Not like I want to save my money or anything.

Workouts have been good, but not as much volume. I've been meeting up with the assistant manager where I work at because she wants to get back into hitting the gym. I've been her 'workout buddy' and helping her with the lifting aspect of the gym. She normal just hits the cardio room.

Shes been really sore at work because of the lifting, so the joke at work is that I'm making her sore. Those who don't know we hit the gym together just stand and stare for a while, gets kinda awkward.

Bucks
09-20-2014, 04:32 PM
Wish I was making something sore !!!

Missing the hardness from AH and Dien. Dropped them 2 weeks ago.

Cobalt
09-20-2014, 06:30 PM
I know I'll miss the trest/dien, its a great combo. Not going to miss the ED pinning.

AH is already feeling good. Not sure if it is the mixture of the Andro with trest/dien in my system but sex drive has been INTENSE. The wife has been out of state for almost a couple weeks now and its been rough.

Looking forward to this small run, prob going to step it up to 400mg/day soon.

Bucks
09-21-2014, 08:43 PM
My wife is not into me feeling like a young alpha so I need to seek other outlets. LOL

For how good I feel for my age the ED pining is no problem for me.

I hit AH really long this time and it hit my hair line hard. But it has seemed to stop to time to cruise.

Cobalt
09-27-2014, 12:05 AM
I got bad coughing with pinning for some odd reason. I'm certain it was because of the dien. I don't mind ED pinning if I can do 0.5 mL at a time so I can rotate around. Pinning a solid 1mL is harder to rotate in some spots. I think I'll try to get some trest powder and just make it myself next time at 100mg/mL again.

My strength is down, but I don't know if it is from the lack of trest/dien or just feeling bad lately. Its been stressful between work and at home, so that may have to do with it. Cardio has been steady every workout so far.

I was at about 221 when I did my last pin of trest/dien. Weighed myself today and clocked in at 215. I'm already on the decline, but I'm thinking its a lot of fat/water because I'm starting to lean out a bit.

I'm hungry as fuck though.

Cobalt
10-10-2014, 08:51 PM
Its been downhill recently.

Not sure if I wasn't running the EpiAndro high enough, or my skin just wasn't absorbing enough, but I had to cut it short and jump on PCT.
Fatigue, drastic loss of strength and weight, sleep cycle is out of cycle and my nipples got puffy and sore. Everything that happens when I come off of a cycle. It's been around 3 weeks since I stopped trest/dien and started the EpiAndro, and I've slowly been slipping into a rut. Finally made the call last night to just start my PCT (clomid).

Cobalt
11-11-2014, 04:28 PM
Ah, to have energy again, how great it feels.

Finally (well, almost) back to my old self again. I've been dragging hard for the past 4-5 weeks now and finally made it past the bad stuff.
Couldn't sleep, total loss of energy, fatigue, no appetite. Turns out, my gut decided to go nuclear on me again, but didn't show the normal symptoms. Funny how the body works.
Long story short, I wasn't absorbing shit for anything. Vitamins, minerals, meds... calories in general.

Got my immune system to chill out and took a vitamin B shot yesterday. Took another today and I seriously feel like a million bucks. Trying to boost my bacteria levels in my gut so stuff will run better.

Gym has pretty much been nothing for a good 3 weeks. I did go yesterday and today though - I feel that much better.

Going to roll back into things as to not kill myself with muscle soreness.

Thinking about my next cycle already, lol. Thinking Trest Deca at 600mg/week, and throwing some Tren Ace in there for a while, I've been curious to see how the two go together.

Bucks
11-12-2014, 12:14 AM
They are great together.

Cobalt
11-20-2014, 06:29 PM
Been back at it for a little bit. Energy is good again and I'm sticking with the Vitamin B shots. I'm just so damned hungry now, although I know I should be eating more.

Ordered some Trest Ace powder. I felt like making my own brew again, 100mg/mL will let me rotate sites, so pinning won't be so bad.

Did some chest and back today. I don't remember the weights, but I was aiming for 10-12 reps for each set on all of the movements, so I wasn't going heavy.

Currently clocked in at about 220. Maybe a couple pounds less. Had a photo taken of me the other day and my arms are still pretty beefy, even after the serious lack of training. More shocked than anything, I know that I didn't keep everything that I gained from this last run with trest, but I'll be damned if I didn't keep most of it.

Cobalt
12-05-2014, 04:07 PM
Oh boy, the gym is back in full swing.

Did some benching and back work yesterday, hit 315 for 1 rep on the bench. Surprised myself, considering I was out of the gym for a month, then only came back at it under a month ago.

Tried brewing the test ace powder I got. For some reason, it didn't turn out as well as before. I couldn't get the whole 3 grams to dissolve at the 100mg/mL ratio, and after getting what I could, I bottled it and it crystallized on the walls of the vial. I got more coming, so I'll give the 50mg/mL ratio a shot.

SoCal-Nutrition
12-05-2014, 04:27 PM
That's awesome to hear about your gym session!

I'm pretty strong, but I've never been able to barbell bench 315...I'm always impressed when I see guys throwing up 3+ plates. (strangely, I can do more weight with DB's - combined - than I can on BB)

that's strange about the trest...let me know how this next batch goes.

Cobalt
12-05-2014, 06:30 PM
Thanks bro, I never thought I would hit 315, but after training with a group doing powerlifting, I just couldn't stop adding weight.

I have no clue about the trest, I've done 100mg/mL before with no issue, but it was through a different source. Others have had trouble getting to 100 mg/mL as well, so I don't know what the deal is.
It definitely has to do with how much trest can be dissolved into the BA/BB/GSO, because the crystalization in the vials is a sign of over saturation. I heated everything up for the process, so once it cooled it had to solidify the excess. Kinda like making sugar crystals.

Cobalt
12-11-2014, 02:42 PM
Bam, up almost 7 lbs in the last week, its fucking great to be able to eat and lift like normal.

Been sore almost all over, really craving the heavy weights and didn't ease back into the heavy stuff like I should have.

Got my stuff to brew up some Trest Ace. I have 6 grams worth and I'll be taking photos and writing up a tutorial to share. I did a short explanation a while ago with the first batch I did but I need to do a better one.

Cobalt
12-18-2014, 02:14 PM
Tutorial for Trest Ace brewing is up:
http://www.swolesource.com/forum/prohormones-designer-steroids/2493-how-brew-trestolone-acetate.html

Been doing good in the gym, just tired from tons of time at work.

I thought I hurt my shoulder from doing some overhead presses yesterday, but its all good today.

Got some Msten coming with some UOJ and UPO from gymntonic. GONNA GET SWOLE.

Cobalt
12-21-2014, 10:31 PM
Ultimate Orange Juiced and Ultimate Punched Out are in, with my two bottles of Msten.

Of course I sliced my finger open with a knife (bad enough for stitches, but fuck waiting at the hospital for 8 hours), and caught a cold that turned into a sinus infection.

Going to take a few days off from the gym and start on the Msten early January. Details to follow.

VayneZ
12-23-2014, 07:55 PM
Ultimate Orange Juiced and Ultimate Punched Out are in, with my two bottles of Msten.

Of course I sliced my finger open with a knife (bad enough for stitches, but fuck waiting at the hospital for 8 hours), and caught a cold that turned into a sinus infection.

Going to take a few days off from the gym and start on the Msten early January. Details to follow.

Co, is it just me, or does it seem that there's always some sort of messed up injury happening to you???

tallstraw
12-23-2014, 08:26 PM
It's that compromised immune system from roooyds lol

Cobalt
12-23-2014, 10:00 PM
Fucking lol. Yeah, I live dangerously.

Got a simple cold, which was the first time since January that I've gotten sick, which isn't bad at all. I just have bad sinuses, so they get infected at the drop of a hat.

The finger was just me being stupid and in a hurry trying to cook. New knives that are fucking sharp.

I'm much better though, I actually got into the gym today and did some benching.

Cobalt
12-26-2014, 11:55 AM
Hope everyone had a good christmas. I got in lots of calories that I've been missing over the last few days.

Looking to start up my next big thing come January. I have a good stock of trest and Msten, just waiting on my Dien Ace to show up.

I'm wanting to start out with running trest and dien at 50mg/50mg ED like I did last time, but stacking it with 20mg ED of Msten for the first month.

I'm going to be running the trest/dien for a good 12 weeks, so I could even do the Msten for weeks 1-4, break 5-8, then again for 9-12.
Fucking psyched to get at it again.

weekend
12-26-2014, 08:11 PM
those chicks on xmas eve tell you to your face they were trying to hit it?

lol

did it happen?

wondering do you prefer these legal chems over the test/tren/etc you ran a while back?

Cobalt
12-26-2014, 08:56 PM
Two of them told me to my face, very bluntly. The 18 y/o kind of flirted around the idea of it, and wasn't really direct, but I got the point.
Yes, it did happen with one. I don't have a game plan for multiple women, lol.

wondering do you prefer these legal chems over the test/tren/etc you ran a while back?

Its kind of a toss up.
Hands down, the normal anabolics like test/tren not only get you bigger but make you feel like a god.

Trest/Dien makes you feel great, but I really haven't run them high enough to see if I can mimic the same feeling. 75mg/day of Trest is really good though.

Trest/Dien has less side effects, and has a better anabolic : androgenic ratio (easier on the prostate, for example).

Trest/Dien is legal to possess. I've been caught with some in my possession, and the 'simple steroid possession' charge was dropped after they tested the stuff.

Price wise, it is nearly the same. Granted, you have to catch some decent sales to get the research chems at the good prices, while traditional anabolics are pretty normal and stable.

All in all, I'm pretty level with both. Keeping all of the factors in the question, I'll go either way.
But as far as sheer results and potential are concerned, I think I'd go with test/tren.

I want to run the trest/dien at 50mg/50mg like I said, but I may bump the dose up for a little while just to see how it runs.

weekend
12-26-2014, 09:10 PM
haha that's awesome

i'd just be scared of the estrogen on trest and dienolone, iirc dien doesn't aromatise but can enhance gyno?

damn gyno, it's slowly growing now that i'm off cycle. lol, it gets tiny on cycle though which is nice, i should probably just get it cut out.

Bucks
12-26-2014, 09:15 PM
I ran some SDMZ 2 at the end of my last blast with Trest / Dien / AH. I dried up a lot and looked better than ever before, veins everywhere. I had the jacked look and hard as a rock. I loved it! The scale stayed around 235 but the mirror showed the changes.

A lot of people made a lot of comments with me wearing dress clothes which gets uncomfortable in my line of business.

I had to watch BP though as it went up pretty quick even with using Talos and Aegis together.

Cobalt
12-26-2014, 09:38 PM
I'm not sure if trest/dien can convert or not, but I never had any estro/gyno issues while on it. PCT was a different story, but on was gold.

BP was the only real issue with me, but that is normal because my BP is high to begin with. Potassium tablets and lower sodium intake really helps with that though.

Bucks
12-26-2014, 09:50 PM
I'm good with estro as well on those 2 products. I'm sure AH / Epi andro helps with that as well.

Trest alone it gets a little higher. I take bloods a lot so I've learned what each compound does with me. Really no sides while running those 2 or on the bloods after.

tallstraw
12-26-2014, 10:03 PM
Weekend just make sure the knife is extra sharp.

Cobalt
12-27-2014, 08:51 PM
Did some deadlifting today. Only went up to 315, wanted to feel the burn.

Looking to pick up some caber. Been showing high prolactin sides for a little while and I feel it'll be a good move to try some out.

I'm also looking to pick up some exem as well. My letro is almost out and I don't want to be caught without an AI. Letro works, but I want to have something that will help lower estrogen levels and not nuke it all.

Getting close to January, dunno if I can hold out :cool:

weekend
12-28-2014, 12:55 AM
I highly recommend caber but keep your use intermittent and dose low. I like .125 mg eod in the morning. I use sunpharma pharm grade. This is instrumental to pct as well

Prami is very potent for GH. But not worth the mental and sleep sides for me sadly. Much more intense mentally than even high dose tren.