PDA

View Full Version : death stare... your thoughts

meathead
11-10-2012, 12:55 AM
http://i.imgur.com/17Zf0.jpg

Rulk
11-10-2012, 01:20 AM
This was him staring at his own teamate? What the hell did his teamate do? Big ego.

Mr_math
11-10-2012, 09:07 AM
Lol. You would look at metta world peace the same way.

meathead
11-10-2012, 11:07 AM
actually, this was kobe staring at his own coach... the same coach that was fired a few days after kobe stared at him...

DJM
11-10-2012, 11:26 AM
awesome, dont care for him, but thats a fkn competitor, reason why hes got 5 rings and others none

brown is a shit coach

USN HM 350Z
11-10-2012, 11:44 AM
Great player, but a piece of garbage in my eyes. A few years ago the lakers went to the Naval Medical Center down in San Diego to meet and great with all the wounded Marines, Sailors and Soldiers there and sign autographs and stuff. I was lucky enough to be down at the gym while they were coming in. ALL of the lakers were shaking hands and talking to the guy with the exception of this worthless piece of trash that ignored them and acted like an impatient little baby until they left. ZERO respect for him and hope they have the worst season in the history of the team. I feel sorry for Steve Nash for having to leave a thankful team to be on a team with this guy.

ok, Im off my soapbox now.

Mr_math
11-10-2012, 12:33 PM
Funny story he was up here in portland, Beaverton to be exact, home of Nike, working on the black mamba stuff that is his little Kobe gear... In the meeting he told the people what he wanted and what all of the clothes should be like.... He didnt like any of the upcoming assortments... That's when he got put in his place and told "and that's why you play basketball."

Super arrogant on all accounts. Product of everyone relishing athletes you know. Starts out at a young age.

I know it wasn't about metta. I was just making a joke. Ron artest is a piece of work.

BBG
11-10-2012, 12:47 PM
Does he play good ball? I mean, that's all the guy needs to do. Basketball is just like football. You have a few superstars. The rest of the team is just mediocre and you give the ball to the star and he wins games. It just seems like that's how it usually happens. Peyton Manning. Jerry Rice. Michael Jordan.

Just sayin'.

h2s
11-10-2012, 12:52 PM
Another reason hockey is a superior sport...one bad player on the line and the whole team can fall apart.

Rodja
11-10-2012, 01:05 PM
Like DJ said, there's a reason he has 5 championships, a lock for HoF, and probably amongst the top-5 best players ever: drive and determination. Of course he's going to be a prick; when you're that damn good, you're going to have a huge ego, but, to be fair, he's earned it by proving that he can get the job done.

DJM
11-10-2012, 01:41 PM
^^^^ MJ supposedly was ruthless in practice, drove/forced those around him to be better, he got the maximum out of really average role players outside of pippen and later rodman......in my lifetime, iv never seen anyone better in any sport, the will to win, the finals 'flu' game sealed the deal.......bryant has patterned his game after michael from day one

DJM
11-10-2012, 01:46 PM
Does he play good ball? I mean, that's all the guy needs to do. Basketball is just like football. You have a few superstars. The rest of the team is just mediocre and you give the ball to the star and he wins games. It just seems like that's how it usually happens. Peyton Manning. Jerry Rice. Michael Jordan.

Just sayin'.

ill agree to a degree, altho i think in football, a cohesive team and great locker room are paramount for success, as well as teal leaders, role guys ect

in the nba, its more a superstar driven league, as evidence of all the recent champions outside of detroit, you can bet money that the best 4 teams will be in the conf finals and the best two will final and the team with the best one or two players will win.....in the nfl a good defense and gameplan can shutdown rodgers or manning.....baseball go with the team with the most aces ever since arizona laid that blueprint, and fkn hockey is insane how teams can get hot and come out of nowhere, and seeding seems to have no relevance anymore because of the extreme parity

AestheticOne
11-10-2012, 01:51 PM
i fuckin love watching hockey... that is all.

Rodja
11-10-2012, 01:55 PM
ill agree to a degree, altho i think in football, a cohesive team and great locker room are paramount for success, as well as teal leaders, role guys ect

in the nba, its more a superstar driven league, as evidence of all the recent champions outside of detroit, you can bet money that the best 4 teams will be in the conf finals and the best two will final and the team with the best one or two players will win.....in the nfl a good defense and gameplan can shutdown rodgers or manning.....baseball go with the team with the most aces ever since arizona laid that blueprint, and fkn hockey is insane how teams can get hot and come out of nowhere, and seeding seems to have no relevance anymore because of the extreme parity

Hockey is the one that has the closest parallel to basketball in that if the goaltender is playing off the charts, then anything can happen (e.g. Roy in '86, JSG in '03, Quick this year).

h2s
11-10-2012, 02:14 PM
Hockey is the one that has the closest parallel to basketball in that if the goaltender is playing off the charts, then anything can happen (e.g. Roy in '86, JSG in '03, Quick this year).

True, but it is rare for a goalie to be superstar enough to overcome a failing defense.

Rodja
11-10-2012, 02:23 PM
True, but it is rare for a goalie to be superstar enough to overcome a failing defense.

It's rare during the regular season, but, once it gets to the playoffs, it's almost common. Roy practically carried the Canadien's to their last two cups and, IMO, he did the same thing with the Avalanche in '01. Yes, they had Sakic and the big 3 on defense, but Jersey looked amazing that year and Forsberg was lost in the 2nd round (as a die-hard Avs fan, that season nearly became a huge tease once Foppa went down with his spleenectomy). Hasek made a career of carrying Buffalo during the mid/late 90's.

The easiest way to describe the importance of the goaltender in the playoffs: you can win a mediocre team with an amazing netman, but not vice versa. I suppose you can make a case with Chris Osgood, but he showed how good of a goalie he was when he carried the Isles in the early 00's.

DJM
11-10-2012, 02:26 PM
i fuckin love watching hockey... that is all.

not a big fan, but playoff hockey i find is the most intense sport with regards to knockout rounds, you just feel it through the tv, its something that the other big sports arent quite the same

that and im from mtl, so you can hear yelling and screaming from your neighboors come april

Mr_math
11-10-2012, 07:30 PM
Ahhhh shit. I don't know where to post this. The workout tunez or here....

Kobe Bryant Ft. Tyra Banks - Kobe [Lyrics] - YouTube (http://youtu.be/cl_WkTiH6-Q)

h2s
11-10-2012, 07:59 PM
I can't disagree with a single thing you said rodja. Good analysis.

meathead
11-10-2012, 09:29 PM
indeed playoff hockey is really fun to watch.

Rulk
11-11-2012, 01:02 PM
Death-Stare at Coach. Coach gets fired. Little different. I would think an attitude like that towards fellow players though, would be off-setting. I could be wrong, but I don't think Jordan came across like that to his teamates ever. Jordan was motivater, but Kobe's stare is more of an attitude thing to me. I'd want to kick him in the face with that stare, not play better to please him.