PDA

View Full Version : Steroids make you lose god and put a hit on your wife

longBallLima
05-20-2013, 12:06 PM
totally

http://www.antimusic.com/news/13/May/20Tim_Lambesis_Attorney_Blames_Steroids_For_Murder _Solicitation_Plot.shtml

burlyman30
05-20-2013, 12:19 PM
Everyone always want's to blame the roids. lol. I've seen and experienced roid rage a couple times in my life, but it's like a light switch being flipped on. You lose it. But then you calm down and you are fine. Bad things COULD happen during such an incident. However, this is definitely a case of premeditated murder. To plot and plan your wife's murder is nothing characteristic of a rage incident. It takes forethought and planning, which you cannot do during a rage. People will say anything to not pay for their crimes. I hope the judge/jury sees right through that.

longBallLima
05-20-2013, 01:12 PM
Everyone always want's to blame the roids. lol. I've seen and experienced roid rage a couple times in my life, but it's like a light switch being flipped on. You lose it. But then you calm down and you are fine. Bad things COULD happen during such an incident. However, this is definitely a case of premeditated murder. To plot and plan your wife's murder is nothing characteristic of a rage incident. It takes forethought and planning, which you cannot do during a rage. People will say anything to not pay for their crimes. I hope the judge/jury sees right through that.

but it does make you a pagan, no one can argue that!

:P

but yah, that is the most ridiculous argument i've ever heard. he snapped and hired a killer lol

Grape Ape
05-20-2013, 01:56 PM
Musta had that hired gun on speed dial.

burlyman30
05-20-2013, 01:59 PM
but it does make you a pagan, no one can argue that!

lol. Ridonkulous. Apparently I haven't taken enough steroids yet.

longBallLima
05-20-2013, 02:17 PM
lol. Ridonkulous. Apparently I haven't taken enough steroids yet.

wait and see... keep it up and you'll be painting pentagrams on your walls in no time

VayneZ
05-23-2013, 08:32 AM
I just saw this As I Lay Dying Bail Set at $3 Million (http://www.loudwire.com/as-i-lay-dying-tim-lambesis-not-guilty-plea-bail-set-3-million/)

And came here to post about it, but that Lima beat me to it :mad: :p

I agree with Burly. I actually hung out with Tim back in 2008 when he was really skinny, after one of his shows. As I lay dying had always been one of my favorite bands... And When I had the chance to hang out with Tim and just talk about life and everything... He struck me as a really really cool, calm and good guy. I could tell though he had a lot of emotions locked up inside... by the art on his body (the meaning behind his specific tattoo's), his lyrics and direction where the music was heading in.

So when I saw pictures of him, of how jacked up he became... I knew he was bodybuilding to deal with all that deep love/hate feelings he had inside.

All of this... is the biggest shock to me... This dude always struck me as a really nice guy... But I guess hate and perhaps certain life experiences could really bring out the worst in us....

longBallLima
05-23-2013, 10:36 AM
i must admit i hold a bit of prejudice against metal christian bands. i usually count them out before i have a chance to check them out and the few i've heard (my brother is a hardcore christian and a metal fan), i didn't like.
although i think the whole satan thing is as much fantasy as god (IMHO of course), there's a certain finesse in metal that requires all that evil shit lol

oh and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdEVT0NqLWk

burlyman30
05-23-2013, 12:13 PM
Never heard of the band and didn't know it was Christian metal. As a Christian and a guy who loves metal, I have a problem with a lot of Christian metal bands because the music sucks. Lol. I like good music, and lyrics that actually can tell a bit if a story. While the message of Christian music is a positive one, I can't listen to the message wrapped in lackluster music.

As far as Tim, Christianity, and murder goes....

I don't know him and can't speak for him, but the end actions are deplorable. I understand people have a lot of emotional baggage under the surface and a lot of problems in general, regardless of one's chosen faith. Still doesn't excuse the action.

longBallLima
05-23-2013, 12:24 PM
Never heard of the band and didn't know it was Christian metal. As a Christian and a guy who loves metal, I have a problem with a lot of Christian metal bands because the music sucks. Lol. I like good music, and lyrics that actually can tell a bit if a story. While the message of Christian music is a positive one, I can't listen to the message wrapped in lackluster music.

As far as Tim, Christianity, and murder goes....

I don't know him and can't speak for him, but the end actions are deplorable. I understand people have a lot of emotional baggage under the surface and a lot of problems in general, regardless of one's chosen faith. Still doesn't excuse the action.

never took you for a metal fan, burly. you into death or nevermore at all?

and agreed on shitty actions are shitty actions regardless of faith. just thought it was pretty comical his lawyer argued that he "lost god" cuz of roids lol

and no one gets to the bottom of the question: how much naggin did this lady do?? lol i joke

burlyman30
05-23-2013, 12:42 PM
never took you for a metal fan, burly. you into death or nevermore at all?

and agreed on shitty actions are shitty actions regardless of faith. just thought it was pretty comical his lawyer argued that he "lost god" cuz of roids lol

and no one gets to the bottom of the question: how much naggin did this lady do?? lol i joke

Metal fan since my teens. Love the classics... Maiden, Dio, etc. Over the last couple years, between satellite radio and internet radio I started listen I to some new stuff. Death Punch, Machine, In This Moment, etc. Probably heard Nevermore but not real familiar. Friend of mine has a symphonic metal band that is amazing if you like female vocalists. Check them out at TyrannyofHours.com .

And about the nagging wife... I've been married 20 years, and it's a miracle I haven't killed her. Kidding. Mostly. The difference between wanting them dead and actually doing it is 20 to life. Which coincidentally is the same sentence if you stay married.

Eden
05-23-2013, 01:58 PM
Not sure how christian metal entered here, but planning the murder does not sound like someone under the influence of "roid rage" would carry out they would be temporary things that wouldn't cause you to plan out elaborate things like killing your estranged wife. I listen to a lot of Dimmu Borgir, but I also like For Today, and Demon Hunter, but I understand the point of view bands like Amon Amarth, and Fear Factory come from when they talk about how religion used often to control people. I believe in God, I don't think religion needs to play a part in the whole thing, I think that we all need to have a personal relationship with God, not fight over the usage of different names for the same damn thing.

longBallLima
05-23-2013, 02:55 PM
Metal fan since my teens. Love the classics... Maiden, Dio, etc. Over the last couple years, between satellite radio and internet radio I started listen I to some new stuff. Death Punch, Machine, In This Moment, etc. Probably heard Nevermore but not real familiar. Friend of mine has a symphonic metal band that is amazing if you like female vocalists. Check them out at TyrannyofHours.com .

And about the nagging wife... I've been married 20 years, and it's a miracle I haven't killed her. Kidding. Mostly. The difference between wanting them dead and actually doing it is 20 to life. Which coincidentally is the same sentence if you stay married.

i'll check them out!

here is nevermore

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbAuHLk-vSo

they range from that to almost death metal sounding stuff, minus the growling.

Not sure how christian metal entered here, but planning the murder does not sound like someone under the influence of "roid rage" would carry out they would be temporary things that wouldn't cause you to plan out elaborate things like killing your estranged wife. I listen to a lot of Dimmu Borgir, but I also like For Today, and Demon Hunter, but I understand the point of view bands like Amon Amarth, and Fear Factory come from when they talk about how religion used often to control people. I believe in God, I don't think religion needs to play a part in the whole thing, I think that we all need to have a personal relationship with God, not fight over the usage of different names for the same damn thing.

although IMO odinism or other pagan religions are just as fictitious as christianism and the other mainstream religions, i ill say one thing: props for the mere mention of Amon Amarth. they are bad ass and no one should consider a whole workout without this song:
Amon Amarth - The Pursuit Of Vikings (HQ with Lyrics/con Letra) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v20mhyekByU)