PDA

View Full Version : The computer advice/repair thread

Cobalt
11-10-2012, 09:12 AM
I thought that I would start a thread where you can ask for advice or help related to computers.

I've been working on them for a long time now and I figured I'd share my help with anyone who needs it.
I am certified by CompTIA too.

You can also ask about electronics in general.

BBG
11-10-2012, 09:38 AM
Would you ever recommend an apple computer to someone?

h2s
11-10-2012, 09:39 AM

This question is just a test to see if you are full of shit about computer knowledge.

Just kidding apple fans.

burlyman30
11-10-2012, 09:49 AM
This question is just a test to see if you are full of shit about computer knowledge.

Just kidding apple fans.

lol.

Response sent from my Apple IIE, circa 1981.

Mr_math
11-10-2012, 09:57 AM
Lol. Funny h2s.

I'm actually going to be switching to a Mac in the near future. Been with pcs since commodore 64s and then when my dad got a job with intel 15 years ago we ONLY had pcs now intel is in the macs and it kills me to see how effortlessly the Mac runs. Especially while working with photoshop/Lightroom. Not to mention the new IMac is aesthetically amazing.

Not stoked about working with different keys shortcuts though.

burlyman30
11-10-2012, 10:08 AM
Lol. Funny h2s.

I'm actually going to be switching to a Mac in the near future. Been with pcs since commodore 64s and then when my dad got a job with intel 15 years ago we ONLY had pcs now intel is in the macs and it kills me to see how effortlessly the Mac runs. Especially while working with photoshop/Lightroom. Not to mention the new IMac is aesthetically amazing.

Not stoked about working with different keys shortcuts though.

Been a Mac user since the early 90s. For 95% of the people out there, it's just so much more intuitive and fluid in it's usage and the changeover from PC to Mac takes almost no time at all, according to my friends (incuding IT guys) who have made the switch for their home computer.

Cobalt
11-10-2012, 10:27 AM
Lol, lets not make this into a flaming war. I have my opinions on Mac's and I'd care not to go there.

Just to solidify my position, no.

burlyman30
11-10-2012, 10:32 AM
Lol, lets not make this into a flaming war. I have my opinions on Mac's and I'd care not to go there.

Just to solidify my position, no.

lol. Saw this coming a mile away.

Cobalt
11-10-2012, 10:34 AM
lol. Saw this coming a mile away.

Surprised your didn't see it from further away... my soapbox is pretty tall. ;)

burlyman30
11-10-2012, 10:40 AM
Surprised your didn't see it from further away... my soapbox is pretty tall. ;)

Haha. Thanks to the freedom of internet speech, we all get to have our opinions, no matter how right, wrong, or subjective they are. :D

- - - Updated - - -

I probably won't be posting in here for help though... it seems my macs have never had any problems in 20 years. Huh.

Cobalt
11-10-2012, 10:42 AM
I probably won't be posting in here for help though... it seems my macs have never had any problems in 20 years. Huh.

I see what you're doing, Mr. Softballs.

Jack O'Neill
11-10-2012, 10:48 AM
Working in IT department.

If I can help...