PDA

View Full Version : Damn spam.

h2s
05-24-2013, 04:19 PM
Guys, I am dealing with some things that don't need to be made public (all is well, so don't worry -mods are aware from mod forum post). I unfortunately have not seen how bad spam has become. Although I am taking some time away I am going to implement the additional security this weekend as this is taxing to my mods, and I have the best mod team on the net and they deserve better.

olddawg
05-24-2013, 04:27 PM
they deserve more than the standard weekly reacharound.......maybe blow in their ear or a 'lil tickle or something

burlyman30
05-24-2013, 05:06 PM
I guess the site is getting more popular. :) no worries, though. We're on it like flies on terds.

Jelisej
05-24-2013, 05:24 PM
they deserve more than the standard weekly reacharound.......maybe blow in their ear or a 'lil tickle or something

They deserve Coolazice to chop their heads off.

burlyman30
05-24-2013, 05:26 PM
They deserve Coolazice to chop their heads off.

Coolazice, the viking god of spam warfare. :D

h2s
05-24-2013, 06:37 PM
I added a registration question, I will check in occasionally and see if it is helping. This will cause everyone who has an account already to answer it before they can post again. Please let me know if this becomes and issue and I will remove it.

burlyman30
05-24-2013, 07:06 PM
Tapatalk wouldn't let me go to my profile and answer the question, so I had to go on the computer. Other than that, all seems to work great.

h2s
05-25-2013, 12:19 AM
Damn, that is potentially an issue I didn't think about. The question feature is built into the forum software, so I can't edit it's core functions. Ideally I wouldn't want to have current users forced into it. If you guys here more about it, let me know and I will remove it and look for a third party option.

burlyman30
05-25-2013, 12:57 AM
I've been watching a lot of banned bots going to their profile to modify it tonight. Won't matter if they figure it out, since they are banned, though. Will be watching the new members to see how it goes and just how smart these bots are.

burlyman30
05-26-2013, 12:00 AM
23 hours has passed and we have been spam-free so far. Seems to be working. Forum seems quieter, though. Wondering if some on Tapatalk haven't been able to access profile via computer yet. Time will tell.

h2s
05-26-2013, 11:29 AM
If you receive any word that it is causing an issue, let me know and I will make sure to look into alternates.

Grape Ape
05-26-2013, 07:39 PM
Should I be the first?...uhumm....How long you going to be away homie?

DJM
05-27-2013, 06:07 AM
23 hours has passed and we have been spam-free so far. Seems to be working. Forum seems quieter, though. Wondering if some on Tapatalk haven't been able to access profile via computer yet. Time will tell.

thats me all weekend.....on now cause of laptop

burlyman30
06-07-2013, 12:14 AM
Just wanted to say this measure has cured 100% of the member-bots coming on the forum and making spam posts and has kept all the non-member bots from joining.

Only have had 1 human spammer in the last week, so you just reduced my workload by about 99% compared to recent weeks. Thank you.

Fat Bill Dwyer
06-07-2013, 05:52 AM
I agree with the spam-bot habitat is most good for real convection. To make fitness nautical in terms of redistributed growth potential nascience I am soap-making happiness now.

In the future more running for less cardiovascular displasia will result in broken tantrum nocturne. As always, taciturn gore breath.

-Bill

burlyman30
06-07-2013, 07:41 AM
If you are considering a second career in spamming, you've got mad skills.

Fat Bill Dwyer
06-07-2013, 09:05 AM
If you are considering a second career in spamming, you've got mad skills.

^This is the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me.

h2s
06-10-2013, 11:37 AM
I am glad it worked out. Unfortuantely the humans are untouchable because hindering them would hinder average members as well.

I also want to let you guys know I am back starting today. I am settled in and most matters I had to take care of have been, so I am going to get working on the site update once again.