PDA

View Full Version : Bovine Adrenal Extract Question

longBallLima
05-29-2013, 10:38 AM
I'm not one to take stims every day, but over the past few months, i've definitely relied on stim based PWOs more than usual and as a result it seems that i've developed some level of tolerance, where some supps would make me wanna crawl out of my skin and now they hardly give me anything more than a slight extra "go".

I was looking into bovine adrenal extract supplements (revamp by southland is the one i find the most) to relieve my adrenals and sort of "reset" my receptors. does that make any sense? anyone here with experience on said supps? any undesirable sides??

thanks!

burlyman30
05-29-2013, 11:07 AM
From my reading, it seems porcine adrenals are balanced more similarly to human adrenals. I believe Armour thyroid medication is a porcine adrenal standardized for t3/t4. Not sure about resetting receptors. I know FreePressRight has used adrenal extracts in the past.

longBallLima
05-29-2013, 11:29 AM
thanks burly, ill look into this!

Freepressright
05-29-2013, 12:30 PM
Raw Adrenal works, as does the Raw Thyroid supplement.

Natural Sources Raw Adrenal 60 Caps - Swanson Health Products (https://www.swansonvitamins.com/natural-sources-raw-adrenal-60-caps)

I take two Raw Adrenals a day. I was asthmatic for a good many years and was given high doses of corticosteroids and albuterol. My adrenals took a pounding. This stuff is great, and it's cheap. It takes a few days to build up in your system and the effects begin gradually. By the end of the first bottle you'll really start appreciating this stuff.

Swanson has its own brand, which appears to be the same stuff. It has a lot of favorable reviews.

Swanson Premium Raw Adrenal Glandular 350 mg 60 Caps - Swanson Health Products (https://www.swansonvitamins.com/swanson-premium-raw-adrenal-glandular-350-mg-60-caps)

longBallLima
05-29-2013, 12:36 PM

Natural Sources Raw Adrenal 60 Caps - Swanson Health Products (https://www.swansonvitamins.com/natural-sources-raw-adrenal-60-caps)

I take two Raw Adrenals a day. I was asthmatic for a good many years and was given high doses of corticosteroids and albuterol. My adrenals took a pounding. This stuff is great, and it's cheap. It takes a few days to build up in your system and the effects begin gradually. By the end of the first bottle you'll really start appreciating this stuff.

Swanson has its own brand, which appears to be the same stuff. It has a lot of favorable reviews.

Swanson Premium Raw Adrenal Glandular 350 mg 60 Caps - Swanson Health Products (https://www.swansonvitamins.com/swanson-premium-raw-adrenal-glandular-350-mg-60-caps)

awesome, thanks man! you guys never disappoint :D lol

Izzetmaster
06-18-2013, 05:51 PM

Me too on the asthma, FPR. Was given large doses of Singulair and then Advair for years. Last year, I noticed I was feeling like total shit, no energy, ED, weight gain. Decided to search into possible causes and was horrified at the terrible effects years of corticosteroids can have on your adrenals, and in turn, your life. I instantly dropped the Advair. It took a long time, but eventually I began to feel better. It's been over a year and I'm still not at 100%, but damn does it beat what I was at.

I will look into taking those raw adrenals! Thanks for posting, bud.

Jelisej
06-18-2013, 06:30 PM
It would be very wise to do bloodworks, before starting self-medication.

Jelisej
06-18-2013, 06:41 PM
I'm not one to take stims every day, but over the past few months, i've definitely relied on stim based PWOs more than usual and as a result it seems that i've developed some level of tolerance, where some supps would make me wanna crawl out of my skin and now they hardly give me anything more than a slight extra "go".

I was looking into bovine adrenal extract supplements (revamp by southland is the one i find the most) to relieve my adrenals and sort of "reset" my receptors. does that make any sense? anyone here with experience on said supps? any undesirable sides??

thanks!

I dont think there's anything wrong with your adrenals, if it was you would know it.
Stimulants are one of the worst things for adrenals, avoiding them would be your best move.

milehighguy
06-18-2013, 07:22 PM
I dont think there's anything wrong with your adrenals, if it was you would know it.
Stimulants are one of the worst things for adrenals, avoiding them would be your best move.

what are you considering a stimulant...PWO all the way down to soda and coffee? what about a nice long break? most guys probably won't drop them altogether

longBallLima
06-18-2013, 07:45 PM

im off them for a bit and dont usually use a lot. the only reason i went on a stimulant binge, if you will, was because of my prep. it was tough getting the courage to go spend 3-4 hours at the gym on a hypocaloric diet

Jelisej
06-18-2013, 07:56 PM
im off them for a bit and dont usually use a lot. the only reason i went on a stimulant binge, if you will, was because of my prep. it was tough getting the courage to go spend 3-4 hours at the gym on a hypocaloric diet
After this "treatment" person with adrenal insufficiency would probably end up in emergency room.
Do you guys sometime forget that you are humans or what?

Jelisej
06-18-2013, 08:07 PM
what are you considering a stimulant...PWO all the way down to soda and coffee? what about a nice long break? most guys probably won't drop them altogether

Some guys can tolerate stimulants well, longBallLima is one of them :D. Altough generally they are not good for anyone they can be quite harmful for people sensitive to them and folks with adrenal issues.
Give me any pwo without telling me what it is, and I'll tell you if it has stimulants in it.

longBallLima
06-18-2013, 08:14 PM
After this "treatment" person with adrenal insufficiency would probably end up in emergency room.

3-4hs included posing practice too and by hypo, i mean it was my pre-comp cut.

hellish couple of weeks

Fat Bill Dwyer
06-19-2013, 08:56 AM
3-4hs included posing practice too and by hypo, i mean it was my pre-comp cut.

hellish couple of weeks

You sir, are an inspiration.

burlyman30
06-19-2013, 10:08 PM

I had to laugh at this. While " working out" is a healthy activity, competitive BBing should never be confused with healthy. Some of the stuff I put myself and my clients through in order to win...my heavens... you have to be fully driven and half nuts. Haha. Problem is, when it works, you are destined to repeat it.

longBallLima
06-20-2013, 10:13 AM
You sir, are an inspiration.

thanks buddy!!