PDA

View Full Version : Achilles, Have you tried it?

Bucks
11-10-2012, 10:23 AM
Hi guys. I was wondering if anyone has tried Achilles that has a nagging tendon bugging them. My elbow is giving me some issues and I really don't want to lay off lifting for a few weeks to let it recover.

I have adjusted my lifting to lower weight more reps and it has helped some. I have ordered a bottle to see if it helps any. I am in my 40s so I'm sure it's part of it, but I love lifting to reduce the stress of everyday issues.

Also would appreciate any feedback if it is suppose to kick in 2-3 weeks or over 2-3 months. I also use Universal Flex religiously .

Thanks all for the feedback.

Cobalt
11-10-2012, 11:12 AM
I plan on ordering some here soon.
My left elbow and right knee give me issues, so I'll try and give some feedback on it too.

h2s
11-10-2012, 11:14 AM
Check my thread in classifieds gentlemen.

USN HM 350Z
11-10-2012, 11:30 AM
I will also be trying this in the near future. elbow and knees have been bothering me for quite some time. 2 previous knee surgeries and trying to prolong a 3rd which would be the last before a total knee replacement after that. Hopefully it can help where there lack of cartilage is, I would be amazed if it did and grateful also.

Eden
11-10-2012, 11:42 AM
I'm going to try it also when I get some money. At my current weight and training style pretty much everything aches. I'll post about it in my log assuming I get some.

BBG
11-10-2012, 12:41 PM
There are a few logs going on over at PHF and Anabolic Minds, you guys should check them out.

Bucks
11-10-2012, 03:00 PM
I will also be trying this in the near future. elbow and knees have been bothering me for quite some time. 2 previous knee surgeries and trying to prolong a 3rd which would be the last before a total knee replacement after that. Hopefully it can help where there lack of cartilage is, I would be amazed if it did and grateful also.

I have a bad left knee as well . Shattered it 4 years ago in a surfing accident. 3 surgeries but no replacement either. I started using Universal Flex about 7-8 months ago and it's much much better. I have been able to start using more weight on leg exercises the past few months. The tendon issue has been my main distraction lately.

Bucks
11-10-2012, 03:03 PM
There are a few logs going on over at PHF and Anabolic Minds, you guys should check them out.

Thanks I'll check them out. I plan to start trying Achilles on Monday . I'll share the feedback from it.

BBG
11-10-2012, 08:20 PM
Nice, can't wait to hear feedback from you guys. From what I've seen these guys are getting benefits from day 1.

Airborne42
11-15-2012, 09:55 AM
I'm logging it on AM. Stuff is the real deal. No bs. Week in I had immediate relief. Not only can I bench heavy again but i feel like a new man.

markam
11-15-2012, 10:06 AM
I'll be doing a sponsored log of Achilles on this forum starting sometime next week. I'm currently using Cissus
and Glucosamine/Chondroitin/MSM so I'll see how it compares.

Bucks
11-16-2012, 12:07 PM
Exciting to hear, I'm 4 days in @ 4/day hoping to feel it soon.

Airborne42
11-16-2012, 01:06 PM
Will kick in by first week

Bucks
11-28-2012, 04:30 PM
Update about 2 weeks in on Achilles 2am 2pm . At about 7-8 days I started to feel less stiffness in my bothersome elbow after workouts. Still had some pain during and after workout limiting weight. Knee was feeling great after leg day and cardio. At the 2 week point feeling much better in the elbow. Very little stiffness left and the pain has moved to a soreness level after the workouts. At this point I'll probably be able to goto heavy sets again in another week or so. Knee still feeling great. Still also taking Animal Flex daily as well. The old bones and joints are feeling great for winter!

Rulk
11-28-2012, 05:06 PM

This is sounding promising. I think I will have to try this.

- - - Updated - - -

This is sounding promising. I think I will have to try this.

Eden
11-28-2012, 07:17 PM
got my bottle today.

markam
11-29-2012, 04:55 AM
Just in case you missed it, my log is here Sponsored Antaeus Labs 'Achilles' review (http://www.swolesource.com/forum/supplement-reviews/277-sponsored-antaeus-labs-achilles-review.html)

Basic thoughts on Achilles so far is that to get the analgesic pain relief from Cissus, you will probably need three gms ed (Achilles contains 1gm ed @ 4 caps). I'm not saying that 1gm Cissus won't have positive healing effects, just that you may not get enough pain relief from a smaller dosage.

O_RYAN_007
11-29-2012, 09:08 AM
Just in case you missed it, my log is here Sponsored Antaeus Labs 'Achilles' review (http://www.swolesource.com/forum/supplement-reviews/277-sponsored-antaeus-labs-achilles-review.html)

Basic thoughts on Achilles so far is that to get the analgesic pain relief from Cissus, you will probably need three gms ed (Achilles contains 1gm ed @ 4 caps). I'm not saying that 1gm Cissus won't have positive healing effects, just that you may not get enough pain relief from a smaller dosage.

I didn't think Achilles was used for pain relief... To me that seems like it could just do more harm if thats the case; same goes for cissus. If something is hurting and I take ibuprofen the pain will subside for a moment, but then just reappear after the medicine wears off. I'm not claiming that this product doesn't work since I've never used it... What is the primary function of this product?

markam
11-29-2012, 12:19 PM
I didn't think Achilles was used for pain relief... To me that seems like it could just do more harm if thats the case; same goes for cissus. If something is hurting and I take ibuprofen the pain will subside for a moment, but then just reappear after the medicine wears off. I'm not claiming that this product doesn't work since I've never used it... What is the primary function of this product?

I don't take Cissus before I workout to avoid it potentially masking aches and pains as it's important to 'back off' if you get twinges, etc.
I'd say the products prime function is Joint support/repair, at least that's what it says on the website;)

milehighguy
12-06-2012, 09:04 PM
So, one bottle is supposed to last one month? 4 caps a day split 2 & 2... Anyone want to provide an update on how Achilles is working? Anyone running it solo without any other joint support sups?

totalflexblog
12-15-2012, 03:36 PM

It has PEA (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palmitoylethanolamide) for analgesia (among other properties). If you want to top up the dose of cissus, please do. It's (obviously) much easier and cheaper to do that with a plain cissus product than to increase the dose of Achilles.

Bucks
12-16-2012, 11:04 PM
So, one bottle is supposed to last one month? 4 caps a day split 2 & 2... Anyone want to provide an update on how Achilles is working? Anyone running it solo without any other joint support sups?

Yes it is a one month supply when taken as directed on the bottle.

Bucks
12-16-2012, 11:19 PM
Sorry all I haven't updated . Tis the busy season with work and home life. I'm now into my second month using Achilles twice a day . I have to say it is a great product for a nagging joint issue. My Elbow is feeling 90% better now and I have no stiffness in my knee at all. Last week I was able to throw another plate on legs presses with no issues after the workout. I'm really hoping the support continues to hold up so I can build my legs back to what they once were.

GREAT PRODUCT AL!

BBG
12-17-2012, 01:36 AM
Sorry all I haven't updated . Tis the busy season with work and home life. I'm now into my second month using Achilles twice a day . I have to say it is a great product for a nagging joint issue. My Elbow is feeling 90% better now and I have no stiffness in my knee at all. Last week I was able to throw another plate on legs presses with no issues after the workout. I'm really hoping the support continues to hold up so I can build my legs back to what they once were.

GREAT PRODUCT AL!

Yeah buddy! Sounds great man!

h2s
12-17-2012, 07:24 AM
Nice to hear.

ctAL
12-18-2012, 01:51 PM
cissus worked great for me