PDA

View Full Version : Whats your favorite PN Protein Flavor??

WesleyInman
06-07-2013, 09:30 AM
What do you guys here think is the best tasting out of all the Protein Flavors from Prescription Nutrition?? I actually have not tried them all....For my next run I wanna give something different a go...

If you guys don't mind some feedback, I'd like to hear what you guys like best, and if it's a consensus, I'll hands down use that next...

My personal favorite is Blueberry Muffin.

Thanx everyone :)

Flavors:
Gourmet Chocolate
Gourmet Vanilla
Banana
Black Coffee
Blueberry
Cinnabun
Chocolate Mint
Cookies and Cream
Mint
NATURAL Banana
NATURAL chocolate
NATURAL vanilla
NATURAL strawberry
Unflavored/No flavor added

burlyman30
06-07-2013, 09:43 AM
What do you guys here think is the best tasting out of all the Protein Flavors from Prescription Nutrition?? I actually have not tried them all....For my next run I wanna give something different a go...

If you guys don't mind some feedback, I'd like to hear what you guys like best, and if it's a consensus, I'll hands down use that next...

My personal favorite is Blueberry Muffin.

Thanx everyone :)

Flavors:
Gourmet Chocolate
Gourmet Vanilla
Banana
Black Coffee
Blueberry
Cinnabun
Chocolate Mint
Cookies and Cream
Mint
NATURAL Banana
NATURAL chocolate
NATURAL vanilla
NATURAL strawberry
Unflavored/No flavor added

Gourmet Chocolate, and Blueberry are great. Cinnabun is right up there. Chocolate mint I had to choke down as it was like drinking a pure peppermint smoothie. Couldn't taste the chocolate in it.

Fat Bill Dwyer
06-07-2013, 10:24 AM
I haven't tried them all either, but natty chocolate is delicious. So much so that I don't feel compelled to go whorin' around with a bunch of other flavors.

O_RYAN_007
06-07-2013, 10:35 AM
I haven't tried them all either, but natty chocolate is delicious. So much so that I don't feel compelled to go whorin' around with a bunch of other flavors.

I'm with FBD here. Natty chocolate for my casein and problend.

HIXX504
06-07-2013, 10:36 AM
Blueberry muffin and Cinnabon

SoCal-Nutrition
06-07-2013, 11:01 AM
Oooo, blueberry muffin sounds enticing!

I'm gonna have to give this a try!!!

burlyman30
06-07-2013, 11:27 AM
Never tried the Natural Chocolate, only Gourmet. Anyone tried both Gourmet and Natural? Comparison would be interesting.

JM1000
06-07-2013, 12:08 PM
Placing an order next week, gonna try natural chocolat and get back at ya ;) gourmet choco was great

derekh83
06-07-2013, 12:23 PM
I have tried the Gourmet Chocolate, Black Coffee, Blueberry, Cinnabun, and Cookies and Cream. They all were surprisingly good. Favorites were the blueberry, Cinnabun and the chocolate and black coffee mixed together. It makes a Mocha flavor which is really good. Add cold coffee or expresso with cream and it's awesome!

O_RYAN_007
06-07-2013, 12:48 PM
Never tried the Natural Chocolate, only Gourmet. Anyone tried both Gourmet and Natural? Comparison would be interesting.

I've tried them both. I used to use Gourmet chocolate before Natural was available. They taste rather similar, but the Natural just doesn't have as much sweetness. It's kind of a light tasting chocolate, very light. I really enjoy it because I don't like my protein too sweet.

steeltown
06-07-2013, 03:29 PM
Pro blend Natty vanilla ran threw 20lbs on 4 separate orders all of them tasted different....same on pepto blend orange first batch had clumps of orange in it n mixed up orange 2nd batch had no orange clumps n was yellow n tasted off...goods products but it make me question there quality control

DJM
06-07-2013, 03:39 PM
^^^
they tinker with the formulas, trying to better it

i had vanilla was good then got another bag that tasted different, alot better and he told me the above

i always got pepto orange n it mixed effortlessly

Cdsnuts
06-07-2013, 03:44 PM
My batch of Natty Chocolate could have used a bit more stevia....Same with the Banana.

Love the Natty Strawberry.

weekend
06-07-2013, 04:14 PM
I like blueberry, natural banana the most.

Natural strawberry is good, but too sweet. Cinnabun tastes great but my last batch was really grainy.

As for chocolate... I think I'm getting sick of chocolate protein powder lol

xxiv
06-07-2013, 04:17 PM
Blueberry muffin and Cinnabon

x2, blueberry was my favorite but I just got cinnabun and it goes so well with oats that it's now my new favorite.

steeltown
06-07-2013, 04:25 PM
Defiantly mixes well .....I was talking about orange clumps in the bag...they stood out mixed in with the white powder like small marshmallows

WesleyInman
06-11-2013, 06:21 PM
My next batch will either be Banana or Natural Chocolate..thanks for all the feedback!!!! I love my PN Blueberry muffin though..I will go a month with a new one. Thanks everyone.

JM1000
06-11-2013, 08:03 PM
Just ordered some natty chocolate... BTW thanks for helping me out Wesley! very appreciated!

milehighguy
06-13-2013, 11:07 PM
ProBlend Cinnabun and Blueberry ordered...can't wait
I also threw down on some Amino Infusion

Thanks for the coupon code wesley

JM1000
06-20-2013, 09:54 PM
Just got natty chocolate! its great. Very subtle taste! 2 scoops with 2 cups of water does the trick for me!

milehighguy
06-20-2013, 10:24 PM
good to know about the natty chocolate....seems to be consistent with the feedback

just got my blueberry and cinnabun problend tonight when I got home...
can't wait to throw down some tomorrow

milehighguy
06-24-2013, 07:51 PM
ok so I have had the problend for several days now. i do like the blueberry flavor but noticed it is not very strong. this is not a bad thing but unexpected after slugging down several other brands of protein. i will trade quality any day over extra fillers and crap to make it taste better. i will tear into the cinnabun after i make a nice dent in the blueberry.

burlyman30
06-24-2013, 08:48 PM
ok so I have had the problend for several days now. i do like the blueberry flavor but noticed it is not very strong. this is not a bad thing but unexpected after slugging down several other brands of protein. i will trade quality any day over extra fillers and crap to make it taste better. i will tear into the cinnabun after i make a nice dent in the blueberry.

I wonder if it has to do with different batches. My blueberry is a pretty vibrant and strong flavor.

milehighguy
06-24-2013, 10:30 PM
I wonder if it has to do with different batches. My blueberry is a pretty vibrant and strong flavor.

Yea interesting....

milehighguy
06-26-2013, 02:06 PM
Took another dose of Pro-Blend blueberry this morning. I shook up the bag a bit just to see if the flavor had settled on the bottom or something. No luck...it was still very mild and I really did not taste much blueberry at all. I'm sure it is a batch thing as stated by Burly and I am not super worried. Hoping the Cinnabun is on point!

WesleyInman
06-26-2013, 11:38 PM
Took another dose of Pro-Blend blueberry this morning. I shook up the bag a bit just to see if the flavor had settled on the bottom or something. No luck...it was still very mild and I really did not taste much blueberry at all. I'm sure it is a batch thing as stated by Burly and I am not super worried. Hoping the Cinnabun is on point!

I have always noticed it is a light flavor if you mix in alot of other ingredients..but on its own its amazing and I just simply use a scoop and a half..its my favorite. Love that stuff. The cinabun is probably the most talked about that I hear about. I love the protein there....Even if Mike fired me on the spot, I'd only use his brand. Best stuff on the market IMO. :)

Thanks for your support!!!!! and feedback!!!!!

Fat Bill Dwyer
06-27-2013, 04:24 AM

This is actually a selling point for a guy like me. Strong flavors tend to make me nauseated, so the more mild and balanced a protein is, the more I enjoy it.

milehighguy
06-27-2013, 09:37 PM
This is actually a selling point for a guy like me. Strong flavors tend to make me nauseated, so the more mild and balanced a protein is, the more I enjoy it.

Yea considering what some supp companies put in there protein, this makes a lot of sense.

Hank!
11-19-2013, 04:23 PM
I am still working on a 2lb bag of Blueberry Premium Protein Blend Blend and initially I thought it was too lightly flavored but now I really enjoy it. On the other hand I bought 4lbs of the Whey Blend in Gourmet Vanilla and I feel it is way over flavored btw I would say this is more of a Toffee vanilla than vanilla.
Cinnamon Bun Casien was the 1st to get empty though, i was eating than in oats and chugging it like milk shake. Peanut butter is a good one to mix with chocolate or in waffles. Standalone it isnt very sweet or strong, mixed it does add a nice pB dimension.

I will try Blueberry / PB tonight see if that works.

Need to order more , I think I like the premium blend better than the whey blend . Does any of the chocolate taste like Team Skip Blend from TN?

xxiv
11-19-2013, 04:33 PM
my last order i tried mint and strawberry. Mint is ok, strawberry is my new favorite.

Hank!
11-19-2013, 04:51 PM
Which protein xxiv?

xxiv
11-19-2013, 05:36 PM
whey blend.

WesleyInman
11-19-2013, 06:57 PM
I am hooked on Problend..which is good for solid size gains since it is 4 blends of protein, Egg, casein, whey and hydrolized. Best protein I have ever used. I have tried many flavors but still stick with the BB muffin..

Strawberry is good like XXIV said :)

Funny someone mentioned Team Skip. I had a bunch of guys who use them for years try PN and they switched over. Team Skip is probably the next best protein IMO besides PN..PN is less expensive and the flavors are better IMO..

If you guys get the chance, try this little trick. Take 2 scoops of the protein, say the BB muffin. Use 36 oz whole milk, or 2%. Add 6 ice cubes. 2 scoops of protein. Blend on high for 45 seconds.

Watch how good it tastes. You will crave these all day.

O_RYAN_007
11-19-2013, 08:54 PM
I am hooked on Problend..which is good for solid size gains since it is 4 blends of protein, Egg, casein, whey and hydrolized. Best protein I have ever used. I have tried many flavors but still stick with the BB muffin..

Strawberry is good like XXIV said :)

Funny someone mentioned Team Skip. I had a bunch of guys who use them for years try PN and they switched over. Team Skip is probably the next best protein IMO besides PN..PN is less expensive and the flavors are better IMO..

If you guys get the chance, try this little trick. Take 2 scoops of the protein, say the BB muffin. Use 36 oz whole milk, or 2%. Add 6 ice cubes. 2 scoops of protein. Blend on high for 45 seconds.

Watch how good it tastes. You will crave these all day.

I've been with PN exclusively for at least 2 years now, and I must say I love Natural Chocolate Problend and Lemon lime Peptopro. I actually love the taste of an iced down Peptopro shake post workout.