PDA

View Full Version : LGD-4033, the new SARM in town

Cobalt
06-07-2013, 06:22 PM
Looks like Ostrine's big brother is in town.

A new SARM labled as "LGD-4033" is on the market, and it is supposed to be 12 times as powerful as Ostrine with only 1/3rd of the dose. It also kicks in faster to boot.

LGD-4033 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGD-4033)

Seems interesting, but pricey.

EDIT:

Seems another topic was started on it back in February. I'm a genius.

burlyman30
06-07-2013, 08:44 PM
Back to the pull up bar, Mr. Stubbyfingers. ;)

Grape Ape
06-07-2013, 09:46 PM
At what point really though, does a sarm stop being a sarm. 12x as powerful sounds pretty suppressive to me. What's the point?

burlyman30
06-07-2013, 10:56 PM
At what point really though, does a sarm stop being a sarm. 12x as powerful sounds pretty suppressive to me. What's the point?

Since SARM stands for Selective Androgen Receptor Modulator, I guess it would depend on how selective and in what way it was selective. So though it may be suppressive, it may have no effect on prostate, hairline, organs, cholesterol, etc. It really comes down to what effects you want vs what effects you want to avoid, and then factor in price and legalities.

Cobalt
06-07-2013, 11:05 PM
Just like burly said, it depends on the fact that it SELECTIVELY modulates receptors. I've seen a lot of people calling this more of a steroid than a "sarm" because of how powerful it is compared to ostrine and s4. BUT, at the same time, it doesn't have certain side effects like pure test does such as prostate enlargement.

So theoretically, an oral compound could be made that is much more potent than trenbolone, but still be called a SARM, simply because of its mechanics.

mrgodlike
06-10-2013, 02:07 PM
Read about this the other day over at steroid forums - Random facts/posts pulled from posts over there (all credit is due to the respective posters over there. I'm just copy/pasting info I think may be useful to you guys here):

Healthy men age 21-50 years were randomized to receive 0.1, 0.3 or 1 mg LGD-4033 or placebo once daily over 21 days.

Liver function tests (LFTs), fasting lipids, hematocrit, PSA, ECGs and serum sex hormones were monitored throughout the treatment period and the subsequent 5-week observation period.

A 21 day cycle of 1 mg LGD-4033 showed a 1.2kg (2.6lb) increase in lean body mass across the group. Fat mass appeared to decrease.

Selective Androgen Receptor Modulator (SARM)

LGD-4033 is a non-steroidal selective androgen receptor modulator (SARM), expected to produce the therapeutic benefits of testosterone with improved safety, tolerability and patient acceptance due to tissue-selective mechanism of action and an oral route of administration.

Ligand has discovered several novel orally active, non-steroidal SARM compounds, including LGD-4033, based on tissue-specific gene expression and other functional, cell-based technologies. In animal models, LGD-4033 demonstrates anabolic activity in muscles, anti-resorptive and anabolic activity in bones and a robust selectivity for muscle and bone versus prostate and sebaceous glands. LGD-4033 has recently completed a Phase I Multiple Ascending Dose study in healthy volunteers.

Goals of SARM Therapy:

Improve Lean Body Mass (LBM) Improve muscle strength Improve Physical Performance Enhance Quality of Life(QOL)

LGD-4033 has the potential to prevent and treat a variety of muscle wasting conditions:

Clinical Experience

Phase I single and multiple dose escalation studies of LGD-4033 were conducted in a total of 116 healthy male subjects. The safety, tolerability and preliminary efficacy of LGD-4033 was evaluated in the double-blind, placebo-controlled Phase I multiple ascending dose study. Healthy male subjects were randomized to receive 0.1, 0.3 or 1.0 mg LGD-4033 or placebo once daily over 21 days.

Key findings of this study include:

LGD-4033 was safe and well tolerated at all doses following daily oral administration for three weeks in young healthy males No clinically significant dose-related adverse events were reported No clinically significant changes in liver function tests, PSA, hematocrit or ECG were seen Positive dose-dependent trends in lean muscle mass increase were observed with drug-treated subjects Positive dose-dependent trends in functional exercise and strength measures were consistent with anabolic activity

LGD-4033 is positioned to enter into Phase II development. Studies are planned to evaluate LGD-4033 over 12-weeks of oral dosing in conditions such as muscle wasting associated with cancer, acute rehabilitation (e.g. hip fracture), and acute illness. Cachexia is a wasting syndrome defined by progressive weight loss, anorexia, and muscle atrophy. Cachexia is a significant factor in the poor Performance status and high mortality rate of patients in multiple disease states such as cancer, COPD, severe burns, AIDS and end stage renal disease. Cachexia significantly impairs quality of life and response to medical treatment. Approximately 25% of all cancer deaths can be attributed to cachexia.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ul5Fco71A1M/T7Po0HnWCRI/AAAAAAAAAMw/93zAiea7vLw/s1600/Basaria-etal-2012_.gif
http://www.biotechduediligence.com/uploads/6/3/6/7/6367956/lgnd_sarm_poster.pdf

Gain 1.5 kg lean body mass with three-week course of LGD-4033 (http://www.ergo-log.com/lgd4033.html)
http://www.ergo-log.com/plaatjes/lg40332.gif

The new SARM did have some side effects. The 1 mg dose resulted in a statistically significant reduction of free testosterone in the blood. As you can see in the figure above, after three weeks of taking 1 mg LGD-4033 the testosterone level was only restored to its normal level after five weeks. And before you ask: no, the test subjects did not do post-cycle therapy.

But the concentration of PSA, a protein that predicts the likelihood of prostate cancer, did not rise, which is a positive sign. The blood viscosity did not increase either, which is also a positive sign.

The effects on lipids were mixed. The daily dose of 1 mg LGD-4033 resulted in a significant decrease in the concentration of the 'good cholesterol' HDL. That's bad news. But on the other hand the concentration of trigylcerides went down – and that's positive. "Long-term studies are needed to clarify the effects of long-term SARM administration on cardiovascular risk", the researchers write.
http://www.ergo-log.com/plaatjes/lg40335.gif

One user's (Fit N Fun) Results so far:

Started LGD 12 days ago, work commitments meant I did not get to the gym last week at all.

Sunday morning is my normal weigh in day, although I weighed Saturday this week to see what the developments were.

I use Tanita scales that give about 20 readings of body fat muscles water etc around the body, I will summarise the results below.

Also important to note that I am on around 26iu / week HGH but my weight was pretty stable before starting LGD-4033.

I am 58 years old and 6ft tall

My best ever stats were after a Test + Deca cycle a couple of years back

193lbs total weight 11.5% bodyfat = 22.2lbs fat and 162.2 lbs muscle.

Before starting LGD two weeks ago, my stats were

201lbs total 22.6% bodyfat = 45.4lbs fat and 147.8lbs muscle.

After one week LGD and no exercise

202.6 lbs total 22.3% bodyfat = 45.0lbs fat 149.4 muscle.

Week 2 on LGD 3 x GYM where I do legs and arms all together. Upped my leg weights by more than 10kg and arms by about 5kg.

205.0 lbs total 20.8% bodyfat = 42.8lbs fat 154.4 muscle.

So my first full week has gained me 5lbs muscle and dropped 2.2lbs fat.

I will do my best to hit the gym 3 times again next week, only then will there be a chance to see if this progress will stick or it is a flash in the pan.

Also need to note that 3 x GYM is more than I would normally do, I am usually nearer once a week and sometimes twice.

Two weeks in now.

Not happy with the size of my nuts Nuts this morning, decided to start taking some Low dose Naltrexone that I had on hand.

No issues with Libido, just felt that their size was not right.

At the gym again this lunchtime, upped my leg weights a further 10kg and my arm/chest weight a further 5kg, some were completely easy and could have gone more, but do not want to do too much at once.

The official test by Boston University showed that LGD-4033 shut the men on their study down in a small way.

I started taking Low dose Naltrexone after 2 weeks on LGD to make sure my nuts stay full size, sometimes you imagine things when on cycle, so am not saying that Naltrexone or HCG will be required to keep your nuts fully inflated, just that I felt the need.

Right now there is no need for a test booster, I had great wood when I woke this morning and it took an age to disappear.

I have not heard of DAA, but if I need a PCT, I will take Clomid and Tamoxifen as per a standard AAS cycle. There is a good PCT section on this forum if you need to know more.

I will judge the need for a PCT at the end of the LGD cycle based on whether I feel shut down or not.

As far as progress goes, I weighed myself again last night and saw another jump in my muscle % and an even greater drop in my fat %. Still too early to tell if this is down to my increased level of workout at the gym or not.

My diet is also only a cruising diet rather than a hardcore body building one, so the LGD story is all very intriguing.

My BB buddy who I split the LGD dose with has not made up his mind yet on whether it is working for him.

h2s
06-10-2013, 07:21 PM
Interesting.

O_RYAN_007
06-10-2013, 07:44 PM
Very interesting!

milehighguy
06-10-2013, 09:50 PM
interesting but one question...
if it tanks your test & you need a pct (full blown or not), why not just run a cycle?
the 12 week test should be interesting but it doesn't look like it will be run on normal dudes that eat a lot of protein and workout a lot

Jack O'Neill
06-11-2013, 02:18 AM
interesting but one question...
if it tanks your test & you need a pct (full blown or not), why not just run a cycle?
the 12 week test should be interesting but it doesn't look like it will be run on normal dudes that eat a lot of protein and workout a lot

If it's really a SARM it's selective. So no other effects than on muscles normally.

Even if you're suppressed, other organs are not impacted and this is a really good solution.

Cobalt
06-11-2013, 05:51 AM
What Jack said, and the fact that you can legally purchase it for 'research' purposes, while test is illegal.

Some don't like to step into the black market.

louvalle1
06-11-2013, 06:38 AM
Just when you think you have your next cycle purchases figured out something like this comes along and makes you reevaluate your choices, Great Post, Great contributions to thread.

mrgodlike
06-17-2013, 03:41 PM
not sure if this is just some sort of weird coincidence but on the steroid forums, a lot of the lgd-4033 related posts have just kinda vanished.......