PDA

View Full Version : Largest U.S. pork producer being sold to China

Cdsnuts
06-17-2013, 06:28 AM
This should worry alot of people.

US pork producer Smithfield Foods to be sold to China for $4.72 billion - and this is just the beginning (http://www.naturalnews.com/040805_China_Smithfield_Foods_food_safety.html)

O_RYAN_007
06-17-2013, 12:54 PM
i read this the other day. I wish my family and friends would open their eyes and understand what they are putting into their bodies! They just think that I'm some kind of "extreme health" person that is snotty about not eating certain things. I try to tell them about the horrible/toxic food they are putting into their bodies, but they don not listen. I need to show them a couple hardcore gross videos.

Cdsnuts
06-17-2013, 01:13 PM
i read this the other day. I wish my family and friends would open their eyes and understand what they are putting into their bodies! They just think that I'm some kind of "extreme health" person that is snotty about not eating certain things. I try to tell them about the horrible/toxic food they are putting into their bodies, but they don not listen. I need to show them a couple hardcore gross videos.

Unfortunately, that's the burden we (us health freaks) bare. Watching our friends and family poison themselves and then complain about how bad there health is or how horrible they feel. The reality is, everyone else is the freaks for knowingly and readily consuming the very thing that makes them ill, and not caring about it!!! It's just insane to me.

When I first starting eating and consuming products consciously, I thought I had stumbled onto something so great, so worth sharing, that I was bursting. Information about the pharm industry, doctors, chemicals in products, food chain issues and more.....it all fell on deaf ears. I couldn't believe it. Know one cared. Or they cared, but not enough to do anything about it. This is the problem.

Apathy is just as destructive and dangerous as ignorance. Personally, I think it's worse.

LBC-83
06-17-2013, 01:14 PM
Good thing I don't eat pork save for the occasional bacon feast bought from a local butcher.

O_RYAN_007
06-17-2013, 02:55 PM
Unfortunately, that's the burden we (us health freaks) bare. Watching our friends and family poison themselves and then complain about how bad there health is or how horrible they feel. The reality is, everyone else is the freaks for knowingly and readily consuming the very thing that makes them ill, and not caring about it!!! It's just insane to me.

When I first starting eating and consuming products consciously, I thought I had stumbled onto something so great, so worth sharing, that I was bursting. Information about the pharm industry, doctors, chemicals in products, food chain issues and more.....it all fell on deaf ears. I couldn't believe it. Know one cared. Or they cared, but not enough to do anything about it. This is the problem.

Apathy is just as destructive and dangerous as ignorance. Personally, I think it's worse.

Once I really did the research and learned so much about the horrid things that was going on with traditional Feedlot-Mega farms, I stopped eating it. I just couldn't turn my cheek, I was disgusted. Same goes for all the chemicals that are in all the soaps, detergents, deodorants, face wash, toothpastes, etc. I'm currently trying to move all the harmful chemical filled products out of the house. My wife keeps pushing back though. It's not the money, it's, but babe, i don't smell these soaps and lotions on my body, they're so bland smelling. It's the Styrene thats put in these products that make them stay on your body for extremely long times. Either way, It's a fight I'm willing to fight for, persistence is key!