PDA

View Full Version : knee injury holding me back

weakling
06-19-2013, 09:54 AM
Ok so I was playing full contact football every Saturday with gym buddies till I tore my knee up back in March. Turns out I pulled my lateral, posterior and patellar ligaments. Anyway my football days are over but I have not been able to get a legit leg workout in since th injury. I've just started to put squats back onto my routine but anything over 225 causes concerning discomfort. I've decided drop weight and stick with 135 but I'm not sure if I'm getting much out of it and I know my core strength is suffering. I've been trying to speed up the healing process and have been taking every OTC joint support I know of but I feel like I'm stuck at 70% recovered. I'm taking achilles, joint rebuild, osteo bi-flex and I've just started taking some tart cherry extract hahaha.

I was hoping to start a cycle in July but I don't think my knee will be ready

Have any of you dealt with lingering knee ligament issues? And what did you do to help recovery?

JM1000
06-19-2013, 09:58 AM
I have weak knees from wrestling and rugby, my first cycle was pretty harsh on my knees since I took almost 30 pounds. All that weight was causing some pain. Give it some time to heal... Have you seen a doctor for your problem?

weakling
06-19-2013, 10:09 AM
I have weak knees from wrestling and rugby, my first cycle was pretty harsh on my knees since I took almost 30 pounds. All that weight was causing some pain. Give it some time to heal... Have you seen a doctor for your problem?

I did see a doctor. Xray was negative and the cat scan showed the pulled ligaments I guess. Doc basically said don't return to my old level of physical activities till I'm 100%. It's been 3 months now and that 100% seems like an eternity away.

Fat Bill Dwyer
06-19-2013, 10:45 AM
Ok so I was playing full contact football every Saturday with gym buddies till I tore my knee up back in March. Turns out I pulled my lateral, posterior and patellar ligaments. Anyway my football days are over but I have not been able to get a legit leg workout in since th injury. I've just started to put squats back onto my routine but anything over 225 causes concerning discomfort. I've decided drop weight and stick with 135 but I'm not sure if I'm getting much out of it and I know my core strength is suffering. I've been trying to speed up the healing process and have been taking every OTC joint support I know of but I feel like I'm stuck at 70% recovered. I'm taking achilles, joint rebuild, osteo bi-flex and I've just started taking some tart cherry extract hahaha.

I was hoping to start a cycle in July but I don't think my knee will be ready

Have any of you dealt with lingering knee ligament issues? And what did you do to help recovery?

So the typical conservative treatment is "Rest, Ice, Compression, And Elevation" and usually that works if you give it time. If you're looking to add something I would suggest you eat some Ultradrol

Run it high enough to produce some bloat, and eat a bulking diet. I had shoulder issues and was seriously considering surgery. I couldn't press more than the bar without pain for almost a year. It wasn't getting any better. I ran Ultradrol for 5 weeks and noticed that by the fourth week I wasn't having pain at 135. I took it slow and steady, and by 3 months later I wasn't all that far off of where I had been working 2 years before.

I figured it was the "wetness" of the compound that was keeping my shoulder from hurting; however even after being off for months I still wasn't having any pain, even as I was increasing the weight I pressed.

I was running Stano at the time, but previous experience with Stano makes me think the UD was doing the magical joint healing.

weakling
06-19-2013, 11:26 AM
So the typical conservative treatment is "Rest, Ice, Compression, And Elevation" and usually that works if you give it time. If you're looking to add something I would suggest you eat some Ultradrol

Run it high enough to produce some bloat, and eat a bulking diet. I had shoulder issues and was seriously considering surgery. I couldn't press more than the bar without pain for almost a year. It wasn't getting any better. I ran Ultradrol for 5 weeks and noticed that by the fourth week I wasn't having pain at 135. I took it slow and steady, and by 3 months later I wasn't all that far off of where I had been working 2 years before.

I figured it was the "wetness" of the compound that was keeping my shoulder from hurting; however even after being off forths I still wasn't having any pain, even as I was increasing the weight I pressed.

I was running Stano at the time, but previous experience with Stano makes me think the UD was doing the magical joint healing.

Interesting. Help recovery with a wet ph hmmm. Something to think about.

longBallLima
06-19-2013, 11:48 AM
folks like deca too i hear.

JM1000
06-19-2013, 12:01 PM
Rest is the key, but that sucks to hear lol... could try a little deca in your next cycle to help your knee but if you gain weight like I did, you will have a hard time walking around although I only had tendonitis... took me about 5 months to get back. Wishing you all the best!

weakling
06-19-2013, 12:41 PM
thanks. I will see if I can find some info on deca. Do you think I could add this sarm to my super dmz/ trenazone stack?