PDA

View Full Version : What is Good Sleep?

olddawg
07-02-2013, 09:20 AM
What Is Good Sleep? : Discovery News (http://news.discovery.com/human/health/sleep-quality-insomnia-rem-michael-jackson-130701.htm#mkcpgn-fbnws1)

weekend
07-02-2013, 01:11 PM
Since being on prami... This first and second sleep idea is really resonating with me. Nothing like sleeping 5 hours and then eating a huge breakfast and then sleeping 5 more. Lol

O_RYAN_007
07-02-2013, 05:12 PM
nice breasts!

olddawg
07-02-2013, 05:38 PM
???

nice breasts!

WesleyInman
07-02-2013, 05:48 PM
For me...Ambien is great sleep!

O_RYAN_007
07-02-2013, 07:24 PM
Melatonin at 3g before bed has been great for my sleep in the past year. I've take it mon-thurs and sun before bed, and I don't feel the grogginess that some feel in the am.

- - - Updated - - -

???

the girl in the video

milehighguy
07-02-2013, 09:03 PM
For me...Ambien is great sleep!

After using ambien repeatedly do you feel dependent on it? Or you only using on occasion?

olddawg
07-03-2013, 06:15 AM
Melatonin at 3g before bed has been great for my sleep in the past year. I've take it mon-thurs and sun before bed, and I don't feel the grogginess that some feel in the am.

- - - Updated - - -

the girl in the video

ha! didn't even watch the video lol, agree

Cdsnuts
07-04-2013, 08:47 AM
After using ambien repeatedly do you feel dependent on it? Or you only using on occasion?

I had an issue with ambien. It can and does get you dependent on it if used every night. That was my problem.....it turned into daily use. You take it and it works great. But then the next night when you're not sleeping well, you know if you take that pill you'll be out like a baby in no time. Couple nights in a row, then you have slight trouble sleeping without it. Go for more then a week, and you won't fall asleep without it. Looking back, it was dumb, but the doctors told me sleep was important and not to worry about it. I took it every night for almost a year. Coming off of it was a living hell.

Just keep your use reasonable. Not more then once or twice a week separated by a few days...max. Detoxing off that shit was a nightmare.

WesleyInman
07-04-2013, 02:34 PM

I actually never felt "physically dependent on it" but if I did not take it i did not sleep...but to be honest I still have to take a sleeping pill. Have had sleep issues since I was 5 years old. So for me it's a quality of life choice. I'd rather take ambien everyday, sleep and feel good, then to disrupt my entire life with fatigue and frustration. Unfortunately my doctor after 3 months took me off, because she said, "people become dependent". She did not offer me anything else afterward, just allowed my issue to continue. Makes no sense.

I had an issue with ambien. It can and does get you dependent on it if used every night. That was my problem.....it turned into daily use. You take it and it works great. But then the next night when you're not sleeping well, you know if you take that pill you'll be out like a baby in no time. Couple nights in a row, then you have slight trouble sleeping without it. Go for more then a week, and you won't fall asleep without it. Looking back, it was dumb, but the doctors told me sleep was important and not to worry about it. I took it every night for almost a year. Coming off of it was a living hell.

Just keep your use reasonable. Not more then once or twice a week separated by a few days...max. Detoxing off that shit was a nightmare.

My biggest problem was that on ambien I did alot of things I didn't remember after taking it. I remember more then one time my ex the following day being pissed off at me, because we had sex and I had no recollection of it. I also was calling her a different woman's name which didn't go over well. Days later, the memory would actually surface. Very odd. That or I'd call or email people late at night and not have a clue I did it til days later.

Cdsnuts
07-04-2013, 04:22 PM
Unfortunately my doctor after 3 months took me off, because she said, "people become dependent". She did not offer me anything else afterward, just allowed my issue to continue. Makes no sense.

My biggest problem was that on ambien I did alot of things I didn't remember after taking it. I remember more then one time my ex the following day being pissed off at me, because we had sex and I had no recollection of it. I also was calling her a different woman's name which didn't go over well. Days later, the memory would actually surface. Very odd. That or I'd call or email people late at night and not have a clue I did it til days later.

It really shows you how screwed up these docs are. Never offering real solutions...just bandaids. There was absolutely no point in giving you that scripted for three months only to tell you, you can't have it anymore. Ridiculous.

My girl and I would take it purposely to screw on.....lol. Take it and stay awake....things get trippy.

milehighguy
07-04-2013, 05:01 PM
I've heard that strange things can happen on ambien. I would also take it nightly if necessary.

I think it is damn funny you called your ex a different name during ambien sex. That is hilarious...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4 Beta

VayneZ
07-04-2013, 06:51 PM
I actually never felt "physically dependent on it" but if I did not take it i did not sleep...but to be honest I still have to take a sleeping pill. Have had sleep issues since I was 5 years old. So for me it's a quality of life choice. I'd rather take ambien everyday, sleep and feel good, then to disrupt my entire life with fatigue and frustration. Unfortunately my doctor after 3 months took me off, because she said, "people become dependent". She did not offer me anything else afterward, just allowed my issue to continue. Makes no sense.

Never tried ambien, but I take seroquel regularly, and on days when I really HAVE to sleep, Zopiclon. If I don't take seroquel, forget it, I won't sleep. But when on Zopi's, I often forget what takes place 15 minutes after I take it. Sometimes I struggle with something that I think was either a dream, or actually took place before I fell asleep. Messed up, but it keeps me going, exactly like you reason Wes!

Cdsnuts
07-05-2013, 08:30 AM
Those of you who have partaken in ambien sex.....Doesn't it feel like you're doing it in front of a room full of people??

WesleyInman
07-05-2013, 05:33 PM
Those of you who have partaken in ambien sex.....Doesn't it feel like you're doing it in front of a room full of people??

For me, when I was conscious of it, it actually distorted the look of my gf at the time. Like her face and body changed completely. Sometimes she was hotter, sometimes she didn't look as good. Either way it was "different" so the times I remember while it was happening..it was good :) never got the room full of people though LOL!!

Cdsnuts
07-05-2013, 06:29 PM
For me, when I was conscious of it, it actually distorted the look of my gf at the time. Like her face and body changed completely. Sometimes she was hotter, sometimes she didn't look as good. Either way it was "different" so the times I remember while it was happening..it was good :) never got the room full of people though LOL!!

I completely get the distorted thing too.....My girl gets it so bad that if I make certain faces to her she gets scared and creeped out. Tells me I look like a demon....lol.

Room full of people was a reoccurring one for us. Kind of like they're all sitting around the bed cheering us on. It was the strangest thing. You could hear them and catch them out of the corner of your eye.

Actually, my avatar was taken during an ambiem night......lol. I haven't touched it in a year or so. Too much trippin not enough sleep.

totalflexblog
07-06-2013, 01:09 AM
What Is Good Sleep? : Discovery News (http://news.discovery.com/human/health/sleep-quality-insomnia-rem-michael-jackson-130701.htm#mkcpgn-fbnws1)

Keep your eye out for a new supplement in this area being launched very soon. A unique and exciting formula unlike anything else on the market.

VayneZ
07-06-2013, 07:35 PM
You guys never get the issue of waking up in the middle of the night, let's say at 2 or 3 am... go take a piss, and then CAN'T no matter what, fall back asleep? And then your stomach starts begging for food.... Hate it!

markam
07-07-2013, 03:30 AM
Maybe your blood sugar is low and your bodies demanding carbs? Whenever I eat, it takes 30 mins for the appetite to subside, I think it may be takes that amount of time as the brain takes that long to register signals from the stomach, or I could be totally wrong. LOL
Try a large spoon of coconut oil.

Phenibut is great for deep sleep, but has possible dependency issues, so I tend to only take it a couple of nights a week at most.
Iforce Intimidate gives me great quality of sleep.
Very low dose melatonin works well and clears the system quickly once you're exposed to light. .3mgs works just as well as 3mgs for me. I was told by Jelesie or Infamy (sorry cant' remember), that Melatonin can give shutdown, to what degree I'm not sure, but possibly best to avoid in PCT. Sometimes I wake at 5am and have to get a couple more hours sleep so I use melatonin and it does the job.

Passionflower and Valerian are also very effective as a tea or pill. I heard recently that some people are actually smoking passionflower. WTF???

2g or more Taurine helps also. I take quite a high dose of saw palmetto and rarely have to get up and pee in the night. Perhaps that would be worthwhile trying. Takes a couple of weeks before it kicks in.

totalflexblog
07-11-2013, 03:57 AM
Keep your eye out for a new supplement in this area being launched very soon. A unique and exciting formula unlike anything else on the market.

New: Oneiromancer from Antaeus Labs (http://www.swolesource.com/forum/supplements/1378-new-oneiromancer-antaeus-labs.html#post23969)

pman42
07-22-2013, 11:52 PM
I think there are some good suggestions but it's also worthwhile to keep in mind that a lot of us are jacking our bodies full of harsh stimulants. probably a good idea to try a couple weeks with no stims to see how it affects sleep before resorting to longterm Rx usage

O_RYAN_007
07-23-2013, 07:05 AM
Maybe your blood sugar is low and your bodies demanding carbs? Whenever I eat, it takes 30 mins for the appetite to subside, I think it may be takes that amount of time as the brain takes that long to register signals from the stomach, or I could be totally wrong. LOL
Try a large spoon of coconut oil.

Phenibut is great for deep sleep, but has possible dependency issues, so I tend to only take it a couple of nights a week at most.
Iforce Intimidate gives me great quality of sleep.
Very low dose melatonin works well and clears the system quickly once you're exposed to light. .3mgs works just as well as 3mgs for me. I was told by Jelesie or Infamy (sorry cant' remember), that Melatonin can give shutdown, to what degree I'm not sure, but possibly best to avoid in PCT. Sometimes I wake at 5am and have to get a couple more hours sleep so I use melatonin and it does the job.

Passionflower and Valerian are also very effective as a tea or pill. I heard recently that some people are actually smoking passionflower. WTF???

2g or more Taurine helps also. I take quite a high dose of saw palmetto and rarely have to get up and pee in the night. Perhaps that would be worthwhile trying. Takes a couple of weeks before it kicks in.

I take melatonin nightly, have been for quite some time... I'm curious to see studies linking the usage to shutdown. I don't feel nor do my bloods show there are any signs of shutdown. I think I may try a nightly tea to calm me down so I can stop taking melatonin for a while. Any good suggestions?

markam
07-23-2013, 08:55 AM
I take melatonin nightly, have been for quite some time... I'm curious to see studies linking the usage to shutdown. I don't feel nor do my bloods show there are any signs of shutdown. I think I may try a nightly tea to calm me down so I can stop taking melatonin for a while. Any good suggestions?

I'm just following advice re Melatonin, so no studies:(

In the UK there is a tea sold at holland and Barratts called 'night time tea' by Heath & Heather, which I find surprisingly good.
It contains Camomile (61%), Spearmint (21%), Blueberry Leaves, Orange Blossoms (3.5%), Limeflowers (3%), Lemongrass, Passionflower leaves (1%), Rosebuds, Rosehips.

Works better than just Camomile, anyway.

weekend
07-23-2013, 10:35 AM
^watch out! Spearmint is an anti androgen.

markam
07-23-2013, 11:17 AM
^watch out! Spearmint is an anti androgen.

LOL

weekend
07-23-2013, 11:18 AM
Haha I wasn't joking, but yea, lol

markam
07-23-2013, 11:51 AM
Haha I wasn't joking, but yea, lol

Yep, I googled spearmint, and you are right. Shouldn't think the minuscule amount in that night time tea would have a significant effect, but who knows? Didn't know that spearmint tea is used in treating Polycystic ovary syndrome. Live and learn.

Seems like peppermint tea is a anti androgen also. Jeez, this topic is getting so boring:)

pman42
07-24-2013, 11:57 AM
i really am not too worried about miniscule amounts of the stuff in spearmint. maybe massive hops consumption, yes. but look up milk products and you will see that there is still bovine estrogen left over in the finished product. i think a lot of people miss the forest for the trees. they're worried about soy (isoflavones have both pro- and anti-estrogenic effects anyway) yet will drink aton of milk when bulking. oh well, this is a broscience sport anyway