PDA

View Full Version : Anderson Silva Knocked out UFC 162!!

WesleyInman
07-06-2013, 10:41 PM
Simply one of the best things I have ever seen in the UFC ever.

If you didn't see it, Silva spent a round and a half toying with his opponent, dancing around the ring, hands down, making a spectacle of himself. Finally Weidman threw a solid right and then landed another punch and knocked him out cold.

Liked Anderson but can't stand someone showboating in a fight. He got knocked the F out!!!

Dcabedo
07-06-2013, 11:20 PM
I'm just gonna be a baby about it and say the fight was rigged! haha

markam
07-07-2013, 02:43 AM
Watch: Chris Weidmans fist catches Anderson Silva | For The Win (http://usat.ly/1bfBjoS)

DJM
07-07-2013, 08:51 AM
post fight weidman said he had tried to stick to gameplan but had had enough and in the most polite way on camera says he wanted to smash him

that BS caught up to silva

GSP looks like a genius now, turning down the silva fight cause he was convinced hed lose

milehighguy
07-07-2013, 10:34 AM
wow...
knew Silva would eventually go down but he got dropped hard
kudos to weidman
assuming a rematch will be set up

Broly
07-07-2013, 03:51 PM
Simply one of the best things I have ever seen in the UFC ever.

If you didn't see it, Silva spent a round and a half toying with his opponent, dancing around the ring, hands down, making a spectacle of himself. Finally Weidman threw a solid right and then landed another punch and knocked him out cold.

Liked Anderson but can't stand someone showboating in a fight. He got knocked the F out!!!

It was a left to the chin... That's what fell my hero

Rodja
07-07-2013, 05:19 PM
I was right about Weidman winning, but I doubt anyone foresaw him winning by KO as Anderson had arguably the greatest chin in all of MMA as the only time he was ever staggered was against Chael. For someone that constantly talks about respect/disrespect, Anderson has never had a problem doing that showboating shit and it finally caught up to him once he met an opponent that kept the pressure on him.

longBallLima
07-07-2013, 11:46 PM
holy shit is all i can say

Rulk
07-08-2013, 01:41 AM
I think Silva underestimated Weidman and paid the price. I have to admit, I was scared for Silva as Weidman worked his ground game. Silva took at least a couple of hard shots on the bottom, but to his credit, fended off 2 leg locks and worked back to his feet. Standing up I thought Weidman was getting the better of the two, and although I was excited to see Silva "clown around", I thought Chris was getting the better of him yet again, and that Silva should have abandoned the antics and fight hard. When he got clipped and then ko'd, I was shocked.

Leading up to the fight, I had to figure out if the UFC was just hyping the crap out of Weidman to really sell this fight, as Weidman is not as recognizable and as bankable a name as others. The high lights of Weidman showed potential for sure, but I was just not that convinced yet. After so many authorities were commenting on how Weidman was "the one", I started to believe the hype, and after watching him take out Silva, I am a firm believer he truly was a terrible match.

If Silva does decide to take the rematch, i'll be rooting for Silva, but other than that, good job to Chris.

Up next for Weidman, i'd like to see Vitor get a crack. Although Vitor's weakness is against wrestlers, I still think he's a good test for Weidman's first defense.

And as for the 10 fights left on Silva's contract, it seems like several potential superfights lost a lot of appeal. I'd like to see Silva go up to 205 and use his superior speed and build up a challenge for the belt.

DJM
07-08-2013, 06:59 AM
I think Silva underestimated Weidman and paid the price. I have to admit, I was scared for Silva as Weidman worked his ground game. Silva took at least a couple of hard shots on the bottom, but to his credit, fended off 2 leg locks and worked back to his feet. Standing up I thought Weidman was getting the better of the two, and although I was excited to see Silva "clown around", I thought Chris was getting the better of him yet again, and that Silva should have abandoned the antics and fight hard. When he got clipped and then ko'd, I was shocked.

Leading up to the fight, I had to figure out if the UFC was just hyping the crap out of Weidman to really sell this fight, as Weidman is not as recognizable and as bankable a name as others. The high lights of Weidman showed potential for sure, but I was just not that convinced yet. After so many authorities were commenting on how Weidman was "the one", I started to believe the hype, and after watching him take out Silva, I am a firm believer he truly was a terrible match.

If Silva does decide to take the rematch, i'll be rooting for Silva, but other than that, good job to Chris.

Up next for Weidman, i'd like to see Vitor get a crack. Although Vitor's weakness is against wrestlers, I still think he's a good test for Weidman's first defense.

And as for the 10 fights left on Silva's contract, it seems like several potential superfights lost a lot of appeal. I'd like to see Silva go up to 205 and use his superior speed and build up a challenge for the belt.

205 is a superfight
jones would kiil him

USN HM 350Z
07-08-2013, 08:03 AM
^ yes, Jones would take out Silva. Also Silva fighting GSP was always a stupid idea. Silva is a big Middle weight and to have him fight someone ever smaller is just not fair. I know BJ Penn would have fought him at any weight though lol.

DJM
07-08-2013, 08:06 AM
^ yes, Jones would take out Silva. Also Silva fighting GSP was always a stupid idea. Silva is a big Middle weight and to have him fight someone ever smaller is just not fair. I know BJ Penn would have fought him at any weight though lol.
after watching weidman and sonnen put him down at ease, i have no doubt GSP woulda handled him, despite the range issue, hed have to navigate the first 30seconds of each round, shoot, and control him and take the decision.......bones would be too much seeing he nagates the length and standup with his own

Rodja
07-08-2013, 11:45 AM

Vitor will have to get off TRT first as he won't get an exemption in the US since he pissed hot against Hendo back in the Pride days.

Freepressright
07-08-2013, 12:02 PM
I got the impression Silva is relieved to relinquish the title. He didn't seem all that disappointed at his loss. At his age, he's probably tired of defending. He's made plenty of money and had plenty of fame. The years have been good to him.

Rodja
07-08-2013, 01:09 PM
I got the impression Silva is relieved to relinquish the title. He didn't seem all that disappointed at his loss. At his age, he's probably tired of defending. He's made plenty of money and had plenty of fame. The years have been good to him.

That is a total crock of bullshit. Anyone with a competitive spirit never wants to lose especially with the bargaining power that him holding the championship afforded him. The payout for a potential Jones/Silva would easily be the highest in the history of the business.

Freepressright
07-08-2013, 01:36 PM
I said it was "my impression," you know, my interpretation based on his attitude in the interviews. Nowhere in my post did I present it as gospel. To me he sounded like a man that was somewhat tired.

DJM
07-08-2013, 01:44 PM
That is a total crock of bullshit. Anyone with a competitive spirit never wants to lose especially with the bargaining power that him holding the championship afforded him. The payout for a potential Jones/Silva would easily be the highest in the history of the business.
might still happen, but much like delayed mega fights in boxing, its already lost its luster

longBallLima
07-08-2013, 02:09 PM
lol all of a sudden silva is a bum and sure to be killed in super fights... who woulda seen that coming?

DJM
07-08-2013, 02:12 PM
lol all of a sudden silva is a bum and sure to be killed in super fights... who woulda seen that coming?

never liked him, cant deny his talent tho
always thought bones would get him, and gsp had a great shot after seeing sonnen handle him

longBallLima
07-08-2013, 02:16 PM
never liked him, cant deny his talent tho
always thought bones would get him, and gsp had a great shot after seeing sonnen handle him

IMO silva murders GSP and gsp knows it too, but i find it sort of an unfair fight and pressure on GSP to take it. size will matter too much in this case.

Always thought (proven wrong by silva being caught) that jones had the best legitimate shot to beat silva and silva had/has the best legitimate shot to beat jones.

that being said, personality-wise, i dislike silva, hate jones and think GSP is one of my favorite fighters in the whole org.

longBallLima
07-08-2013, 02:22 PM
oh, and i agree with FPR. much as im sure he didnt want to lost or throw the fight, i think silva went home feeling disappointed, but a little "free-er" that night

Rodja
07-08-2013, 02:53 PM
I said it was "my impression," you know, my interpretation based on his attitude in the interviews. Nowhere in my post did I present it as gospel. To me he sounded like a man that was somewhat tired.

Tired from what? Competing 1-2x/year and often in a terrible mismatch?

oh, and i agree with FPR. much as im sure he didnt want to lost or throw the fight, i think silva went home feeling disappointed, but a little "free-er" that night

Again, free from what? It's not like he had a huge workload on him. If he didn't have a desire to win, then he should've retired after the fight against Bonnar and relinquish the title.

weekend
07-08-2013, 02:55 PM

Again, free from what? It's not like he had a huge workload on him. If he didn't have a desire to win, then he should've retired after the fight against Bonnar and relinquish the title.

maybe he was bored of this, wanted to move on to the next chapter of his life instead of spending another many months training for another defense of the title he has already dominated?

Rodja
07-08-2013, 03:00 PM
maybe he was bored of this, wanted to move on to the next chapter of his life instead of spending another many months training for another defense of the title he has already dominated?

Then retire after beating Bonnar in your home country.

longBallLima
07-08-2013, 03:07 PM

whether he should have or not, i dont know. and i didnt say he didn't have a desire to win. but i did get the impression the he was a little relieved of the pressure of holding the belt for so long.

and he was often mismatched because he was that much better. he cleared the division and many folks, myself included, thought that even weidman was a mismatch. some analysts believe the odds for the rematch will be the same.

Rodja
07-08-2013, 03:11 PM
whether he should have or not, i dont know. and i didnt say he didn't have a desire to win. but i did get the impression the he was a little relieved of the pressure of holding the belt for so long.

and he was often mismatched because he was that much better. he cleared the division and many folks, myself included, thought that even weidman was a mismatch. some analysts believe the odds for the rematch will be the same.

I looked about 10 days prior to the fight and Weidman was only a +190 and there were a whole bunch of people including pros and analysts picking Weidman to beat Silva.

longBallLima
07-08-2013, 03:23 PM
I looked about 10 days prior to the fight and Weidman was only a +190 and there were a whole bunch of people including pros and analysts picking Weidman to beat Silva.

yah, about 2:1 is what everyone is expecting again from what i heard. i think dana was expecting that too.

and will someone shut belfort's mouth for fucks sake

god, he's annoying

Rodja
07-08-2013, 03:26 PM
yah, about 2:1 is what everyone is expecting again from what i heard. i think dana was expecting that too.

and will someone shut belfort's mouth for fucks sake

god, he's annoying

I agree with that. He bitched about people not earning a shot, yet he fought for MW title without having fought at MW in the UFC and then got a fight against Jones without having been in the division for 5 years. I see Weidman doing to him what wrestlers (outside of Lindland) always do: grind him down, kill his confidence, and win.

longBallLima
07-08-2013, 03:30 PM
I agree with that. He bitched about people not earning a shot, yet he fought for MW title without having fought at MW in the UFC and then got a fight against Jones without having been in the division for 5 years. I see Weidman doing to him what wrestlers (outside of Lindland) always do: grind him down, kill his confidence, and win.

and look at his title talk from when AS had the title to when weidman had the title. even after going back to 185, he was still calling out jones because he was so scared of ever fighting silva again. make the sonnen fight. sonnen doesnt deserve it, but who gives a shit? sonnen will morally humiliate him then wrestle fuck him to the middle pack again.

Rodja
07-08-2013, 03:33 PM
and look at his title talk from when AS had the title to when weidman had the title. even after going back to 185, he was still calling out jones because he was so scared of ever fighting silva again. make the sonnen fight. sonnen doesnt deserve it, but who gives a shit? sonnen will morally humiliate him then wrestle fuck him to the middle pack again.

Chael is a nightmare matchup for Vitor.

longBallLima
07-08-2013, 03:40 PM
Chael is a nightmare matchup for Vitor.

yup, vitor cant handle wrestlers and provides an ocean of material for chael to troll him. i'd love that fight

Rodja
07-08-2013, 03:42 PM
yup, vitor cant handle wrestlers and provides an ocean of material for chael to troll him. i'd love that fight

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Vitor given his TRT and NSAC situation.

longBallLima
07-08-2013, 03:49 PM
It'll be interesting to see what happens with Vitor given his TRT and NSAC situation.

i think he'll get cleared one way or the other. he might quit it for a bit, which yah, makes no sense, but i can't see him pushing for much of a career if he can't find in the US anywhere outside of TX

Rodja
07-08-2013, 04:05 PM
i think he'll get cleared one way or the other. he might quit it for a bit, which yah, makes no sense, but i can't see him pushing for much of a career if he can't find in the US anywhere outside of TX

The UFC would still conduct outside testing and his levels would be elevated. I know that Kizer is on record about not allowing Vitor to get a TUE due to his prior failed test for 4-OHT.

longBallLima
07-08-2013, 04:25 PM
The UFC would still conduct outside testing and his levels would be elevated. I know that Kizer is on record about not allowing Vitor to get a TUE due to his prior failed test for 4-OHT.

yup, thats why i think, much like marquardt he might me miraculously cured from hypogonadism. both of them are men of god, so....

Rodja
07-08-2013, 04:50 PM
yup, thats why i think, much like marquardt he might me miraculously cured from hypogonadism. both of them are men of god, so....

I think Marquardt used it to stay at MW. Once he dropped to WW, he stopped using it.

longBallLima
07-08-2013, 05:03 PM
I think Marquardt used it to stay at MW. Once he dropped to WW, he stopped using it.

his first fight at 170 was his second fight with a TUE. said fight didn't happen, obviously.

Rodja
07-08-2013, 05:07 PM
his first fight at 170 was his second fight with a TUE. said fight didn't happen, obviously.

He failed his post-fight UA and the whole thing was a mess. I blame the NJSAC for botching the whole thing and a huge miscommunication with the UFC.

Broly
07-11-2013, 09:04 PM
I respect the hell out of this community but when it comes to this... I'm not even reading responses. I'll just leave it at this. There will be a rematch and it will last all of 2 minutes. You're going to see the Pre UFC Anderson Silva which is an Anderson Silva that doesn't fuck around. If you watch any Silva fights you know that when he decides to actually "fight" it's pretty much done and done.

The rematch is going to be fun for Dana to hype and I can't wait.

Respect the hell out of SwoleSource peeps, don't take me not reading responses on this thread personally... to me Silva is God

milehighguy
07-12-2013, 10:27 AM
Well the UFC will definitely cash in on the rematch. Dana is very good in that aspect.

I respect the hell out of Silva and think he could win again but if he lost because he was fkn around then shame on him. I guess that is why a rematch is needed.

$$$ for Dana

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4 Beta

longBallLima
07-12-2013, 10:43 AM
I respect the hell out of this community but when it comes to this... I'm not even reading responses. I'll just leave it at this. There will be a rematch and it will last all of 2 minutes. You're going to see the Pre UFC Anderson Silva which is an Anderson Silva that doesn't fuck around. If you watch any Silva fights you know that when he decides to actually "fight" it's pretty much done and done.

The rematch is going to be fun for Dana to hype and I can't wait.

Respect the hell out of SwoleSource peeps, don't take me not reading responses on this thread personally... to me Silva is God

hey man, all is good, but just for a quick perspective, rodja is an experienced MMA fighter and i have 10+ years of kickboxing + 4+ years of mma under my metaphorical belt. i think rulk is a bjj practitioner as well.

i believe silva will win a rematch (much as i believe he'd win the 1st), but theres still an intelligent discussion to be had for us, the "talkative" kind :D lol

but yah, rematch is gonna be good to watch

Broly
07-13-2013, 07:33 PM
Anderson Silva vs. Chris Weidman rematch heads UFC 168 (http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ufc/2013/07/13/ufc-168-anderson-silva-vs-chris-weidman-rematch/2514777/)

REMATCH