PDA

View Full Version : Aspartame, worse than we thought

olddawg
07-16-2013, 01:11 PM
Ground breaking study on aspartame, leukemia, etc..
Pub med links are at the bottom of the article.

Aspartame Linked to Leukemia Lymphoma in Groundbreaking Study | Collective-Evolution (http://www.collective-evolution.com/2012/12/09/aspartame-linked-leukemia-lymphoma-groundbreaking-study/)

Freepressright
07-16-2013, 01:20 PM
This speaks to what I said yesterday in a testy exchange with another member. Aspartame's danger is far beyond the theory that it's an excitotoxin, and there are very good reasons why it is the no. 1 most FDA reported non-drug substance for adverse effects.

BoneDaddy
07-16-2013, 03:14 PM
Hmmm, imagine that.

burlyman30
07-16-2013, 03:26 PM
Josh?

josh
07-16-2013, 04:04 PM
1. Aspartame being an excitotoxin is pretty well understood and accepted. Im sure you used theory in the common sense that it was just an idea or hypothesis but it isnt. We pretty much know it is.

2. When I have time I will give the citations of the article a read and will post my thoughts but dont expect anything too conclusive from them considering they are two rat studies and 1 observational study but in good spirits I will give them a read and see what they say.

burlyman30
07-16-2013, 04:08 PM
I was hoping to get your thoughts on the methods used in and the validity of the study linked above.

josh
07-16-2013, 04:21 PM
Most likely when you calculate the HED of aspartame used in the rat studies it will come to a constant exposure to a shitload aspartame, which is what the majority of studies using the maurine model come to. As far as the observational one it really wont say much. As with all observational studies, their purpose isnt to make conclusions, rather they make correlations which form the basis of hypotheses for future clinical studies. So dont expect much because it these types of studies arent intended to tell us much other then possible maybe links (see the vast majority of dietary fat = cvd to see why we cant draw conclusions from these types of studies) But as I said I will give them the benefit of the doubt and will read them.

josh
07-16-2013, 04:29 PM
Im curious. Did you actually read the 3 studies listed or did you simply just look for an article damning aspartame which also contained citations?

BoneDaddy
07-16-2013, 05:23 PM
Im curious. Did you actually read the 3 studies listed or did you simply just look for an article damning aspartame which also contained citations?

That sounds borderline fanaticism......the definition of fanaticism is the excessive intolerance of opposing views, which you seem to be displaying in great (or not so great) effort to the people who hold the belief aspartame is just bad stuff. You seem to have a hard on for the ones who don't agree with you or who can connect the dots without having to read it outright.

olddawg
07-16-2013, 05:43 PM
that article popped up in my FB newsfeed today, posted from a girl who is totally natural, grows almost all her own food and what she doesn't she trades with a neighbour. She is versed on gmo's and lives and breathes natty diet. Not that that has much to do with this conversation, but it's all I got right now lol. I looked through this with my 11 year old, he picked up his pack of gum, read the ingredients and tossed it in the garbage. I did read through the studies, you know, a comprehensive review of the literature we do not have right now do we.

josh
07-16-2013, 06:18 PM
I give up. My ability to remain civil is running thin. Im sorry John but I tried. Cary on with the tin foil hat folding..

olddawg
07-16-2013, 07:31 PM
ahhh that got a laugh from me, lemme get some tinfoil that sounds like fun

Cdsnuts
07-16-2013, 07:44 PM
I give up. My ability to remain civil is running thin. Im sorry John but I tried. Cary on with the tin foil hat folding..

Carry on?? I never stopped......I'm sorry.

Sperwer
07-16-2013, 07:44 PM

h2s
07-16-2013, 11:44 PM
Alright everyone honestly cut the shit. You guys are arguing over aspartame on the internet. Agree to disagree.

Grape Ape
07-17-2013, 07:16 AM
The stuff doesn't have any health benefits that's for sure.

Freepressright
07-17-2013, 10:07 AM
Only after Josh agrees to drinking only aspartame-sweetened sodas and aspartame-sweetened treats for the next six months. He can run a log and report back to us on what his body tells him.

Hey, sounds fair to me!