PDA

View Full Version : FPR's Peanut butter chocolate chip almond flaxseed muffins

Freepressright
07-19-2013, 01:01 PM
These peanut butter chocolate chip almond flaxseed muffins taste so much like they're made with flour or a carb-rich source, that you won't believe them until you try them! I personally guarantee you'll love em.

Did I also mention they're virtually sugar free? Perfect for all phases of low carb diets, too. Rich in fiber, omega-3 fatty acids and protein.

*Makes 12

1 cup natural peanut butter (melted)
4 eggs (or 1 cup of liquid egg whites)
1/2 cup ground almonds
1/2 cup milled flax seeds
1/2 cup Splenda granular
1/2 cup Ricotta cheese (regular or low fat)
2 tsp of vanilla extract
2 tsp baking soda
Sugar-free Hershey's chocolate chips

Mix all ingredients well in a large bowl. Preheat oven to 350. Grease a muffin pan and fill each hole a little more than halfway. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.

*You can cut the calories in half by making them as 24 mini muffins

As full-sized muffins they're 240 calories each with 10g of protein and 1,733 of Omega 3.

weekend
07-19-2013, 02:17 PM
Dank

Turbo6GN
02-08-2014, 05:57 PM
I don't know what dank means but I made these last night and they are awesome. Great for killing a sugar/carb craving while dieting. I give them a gold star.

SoCal-Nutrition
02-08-2014, 06:45 PM
I'm gonna have to try this tonight !

Enuke65
02-23-2014, 09:31 AM
Made these last night, they are awesome

pman42
03-02-2014, 08:32 PM
Made these today. I used a blend of FOS and stevia instead of splenda. got halfway in when I realized i didn't have a mixer so I used my hands. then the tablet powered off and I was covered in a thick gooey mixture so I just winged it. forgot the baking soda. then i realized i didn't have a muffin pan so i tried to make cookies, but they were so gooey that i sort of made 1 flat pancake. came out delicious!