PDA

View Full Version : MRT?

Sperwer
07-24-2013, 01:09 AM
Does anyone have any experience with/useful info re Matrix Repatterning Therapy?

I ask because, as I mentioned briefly some time ago, I recently received a definitive diagnosis of DISH.

DISH stands for Diffuse Idiopathic Skeletal Hyperostosis, which sounds - well, sort of latinately benign. Actually it's a form of degenerative arthritis that involves the calcification of the skeletal connective tissue and the resulting fusing of the skeletal structure. I have it in my spine and left shoulder. Right now it's limited mostly to my thoracic spine but it's been creeping up to the cervical spine; and I've got other problems with my lumbar spine as a result of too many lifetime high impact events that resulted in two ruptured disks 6 years ago that make it susceptible too. Left alone, the calcification of my spine would effectively create a straight-jacket of my body's own making and leave me kind of frozen in some posture, although still mobile (assuming this junk doesn't start to go after my pelvis, hips and legs).

There really is no "cure", although the progress of the disease can be slowed and perhaps stopped or even reversed in part through SERIOUS, DAILY exercise designed to counteract, perhaps prevent, the skeletal rigidification by constantly stretching the tissue, breaking down the incipient calcification and strengthening the muscles to overcome such calcification that does occur.

I've recently had a 2 month course of intensive ART (active release therapy), myofascial massage and rehabilitative therapy (based on the CARE Pilates school). They've made a HUGE difference - as has some serious rumble rollering. A friend suggested looking into MRT too.

pman42
07-24-2013, 05:17 PM
Well I have HEARD that perhaps a general anti-calcification protocol MAY prevent calcification in connective tissue. such a protocol would involve high dose vitamin K, moderate D, large amounts of magnesium (recommend a transdermal product such as Ancient Minerals) and high doses of vitamin C. Ankylosing spondylitis has been treated with high doses of IV ascorbate.

burlyman30
07-24-2013, 05:42 PM
Would an anti calcification protocol potentially induce osteoporosis?

Sperwer
07-24-2013, 06:52 PM
Thanks Pman. I actually take all that stuff now, for other reasons, but increasing the magnesium is worth looking into.

Burly: what a choice - either the frozen man or Gumby!

It's interesting, though, that none of the docs discussed nutrition in this connection. SS proves its worth again. I'll take this up with my endo, who is a functional medicine guy (that's I think how many MDs who also subscribe to holistic/naturopathy ideas refer to themselves), and get his input.

pman42
07-25-2013, 12:01 AM
All of the things listed are going to help keep calcium IN bones and OUT of connective and soft tissue. so they will actually prevent osteoporosis. I should have been more clear.

I have heard of people with bone spurs successfully treating them with magnesium. i think the trick is to really saturate yourself. i take glycinate and citrate orally, and use the chloride form transdermally, as well as taking epsom salt bath semi-regularly. at the very least all of this would help with the associated muscle tightness as the surrounding tissue tenses up to protect the spine.

I am dealing with degenerative disc, taking all the above supplements, plus hyaluronic acid. Stumbled upon some references to the herb Solomon's Seal and degnerative arthritic conditions and am thinking about giving that a go, too

pman42
07-25-2013, 11:52 PM
Well after reading up some more, I think I will up my hyaluronic acid to 200mg and increase the vitamin K2 (menatetrenone) to 45mg daily, the same dose used to prevent osteoporosis. i'd rather deal with this now than later. the pain is usually there just faintly, much worse in morning though. at least i don't have to lower myself onto the toilet like i used to, though.

starting to have a bit more faith in my chiro, i think the ART is lessening pain overall. i saw pics of people with bruises and stuff after ART, was kinda expecting the super intense kind and was a little disappointed that that didn't happen

Also forgot to mention manganese. it is supposed to stmulate production of mucopolysaccharides (or at least goes into an enzyme that increases them)

Sperwer
07-26-2013, 12:01 AM
I've been using high dose hyaluronic acid (along with cissus) and K2, too. The hyaluranic acid especially, imo, makes a difference.

Smiled at your mention of ART. My chiro complimented (?) me on my very high pain threshold, but still asked me to come in well before his usual office hours so his other patients wouldn't get scared off by my yelling, moaning and, when he didn't have his Nurse Ratchett holding me down or sitting on me, thrashing around. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk