PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Six's Triumph Run!! Come Look!!

Turbo6GN
07-24-2013, 08:05 PM
OK, so here is my first ever log and I've done some thinking on the format...

This will be a fairly "general" log, as Triumphalis is a relatively new compound I only have a few others to compare it to and everyone reacts differently. I will report any tangible sides or observations as they pop up. The overall cycle will look like this:

Derm: Week 1-6, 4 pumps ED for 5 days then 2 day rest.
LGI Stano: Week 1-6, 800mg, 800mg, 800mg, 800mg, 800mg, 1000mg (might run the stano another week if I have enough)
Triumphalis: Week 2-6, 30mg, 45mg, 45mg, 45mg, 60mg (possibly, see how I feel)
Cycle supports: CoQ10, Vit B6 + B12, Aegis, Talos, Vit D and C. May throw in some saw palmetto.

PCT (Since I have no SERM experience I'm open to suggestions)
Torem: 4 weeks post cycle, 60mg, 40mg, 40mg, 20mg.
DAA (something like test powder or test freak)
Erase, the usual taper down protocol
Con cret

My log will not consist of every tiny and irrelavant detail in my life. The colour of my shit is of no importance lol. Less is more sometimes.

Background/stats: 38 yrs, married with 2 small kids, shiftworker. 5'8", 177lbs (wow, I'm usually 180-183)

Diet: Due to having 2 small kids, shiftwork and overall busy lifestyle I don't have the time or the patience to count calories. My intake today represents my usual meals/calories. I will make note if I have a cheat meal or big refeed but on a daily basis this is very close to what I eat, give or take a few hundred calories:

Breakfast: Non fat Greek yogurt, lean hamburger patty with mustard and a very small bowl of mini wheats.
Snack: Protein shake with ice, water/milk, greek yogurt and organic peanut butter. ON whey, chocolate.
Lunch: had to grab something quick, cottage cheese with blueberries and almonds.
Dinner: Salmon with spinach salad and some leftover chicken/veggie stirfry.
Bedtime: some cottage cheese for the casein content or perhaps a shake. If I have leftover BBQ i'll grab some.

Just reading this I realize I will have to up my calories just a bit. I love eggs, cheese, PB, and lots of meat. I will BBQ large batches of steak, chicken or burger patties and grab some whenever I'm hungry.

Goals/expectations: I'm confident that I will walk away from this cycle with a nice visible increase in muscle mass and vascularity. Eating relatively clean and my cardio will assist in leaning me out. I'm not big on stats or numbers, i don't judge the failure or success of a cycle by an arbitrary set of numbers. Having said that, I'm willing to bet I will finish at a lean and mean 180-185lbs. I will post beginning pics soon, I feel I have a good muscular base to start with so I'm very excited. Due to my work schedule and occasional unforseen circumstance I have the odd rest day wether I like it or not :)

Training: I train body parts with lots of super setting and keep the intensity high. I love dips and will include them frequently. I train alone in a private gym so I have a hard time maxing out on bench press etc as I have no spotter. My cardio consists of high intensity trail riding on my mountain bike, a typical ride is approx. 15KM of very technical trails with lots of roots, rocks and nice punchy climbs to get the heart rate up. It's interval training at it's finest, I ride 2-3 times per week.

So far: I started the derm/stano on monday the 22nd in order to get a bit of a "base" prior to starting the Triumph. I dose the stano 400mg when I wake up (working nights or days) and another 400mg 8-10 hours later. If anyone has other suggestions for dosing please say so. 4 pumps of Derm after shower, my only observation so far is derm makes me fucking itchy. Like big time itchy. I take the CoQ10, B6-12 and Vit. D upon waking.

I will start the Triumph Monday morning and continue the derm and stano. I will run the Aegis as long as I run the Triumph and run the Talos until it's finished. I will continue a bit of liver therapy with a bottle of Liv52 I have in the cupboard, I think Aegis is a bit strong to run on a casual basis.

So here was my workout today, only had 45 minutes so I did a quick arm blast:

DB Preacher curls, alternating arms:
Warmup reps with 15lb'ers
25x8
40x10
40x10
25's to failure, both arms.

Joe Weider arm blaster curls with curl bar. This vintage piece of equipment is a beauty!
60x12
70x12
85x10
21's with 60lb bar x 2
(This is when I start to get damn vascular, forearms start to pop)

Close grip tri pressdown:
110x10
120x12
130x10
drop to 90lbs till failure

Wide grip tri pressdown:
120x10
120x10
130x10
drop to 90lbs till failure

Concentration curl/dip superset:
30x10 - 10dips
30x10 - 12dips
30x12 - 15dips

That was pretty much it, not much time so I had to move quick. I feel great, look fairly lean and I can see veins in my shoulders which is cool. My forearms are nice and vascular and the large vein running down my bicep is clearly visible.

Thanks for following, throw out any advice, ideas or criticism. I'm having a snack and going to bed, 5AM comes early :eek:

ryhigh
07-24-2013, 08:10 PM
Diggin the layout, I'm in! Can't wait to see how this treats you.

Sperwer
07-24-2013, 08:31 PM
In.

I thnk you're going to like the LGI Stano; it seems to produce intense vascularity, some hardness, and a fair amount of fat incineration for me

nate3993
07-24-2013, 10:36 PM
Up that torem. Look at Dj's torem protocol.

And you've cycled bfor haven't u? How the fuk do u have no SERM experience?

olddawg
07-24-2013, 10:41 PM
I don't know Nate, it is only a 6 week cycle, maybe up to 90 for a couple, three days at the beginning of the serm but maybe not/.

Turbo6GN
07-25-2013, 04:30 AM
In.

I thnk you're going to like the LGI Stano; it seems to produce intense vascularity, some hardness, and a fair amount of fat incineration for me

Thanks for following, this is my second time running stano and was very pleased the first time. I'm looking forward to seeing how it interacts with the triumoph.

Turbo6GN
07-25-2013, 04:33 AM
Up that torem. Look at Dj's torem protocol.

And you've cycled bfor haven't u? How the fuk do u have no SERM experience?

Thanks for joining in Nate, yes it's true, I've never run a SERM before. I would say the harshest compound I've ever ran was PP's Tbol and I recovered with a plain jane DAA/Sustain/Toco PCT. My bloodwork proved as much.

olddawg
07-25-2013, 05:59 AM
I've used torem 3x and found that the longer time on was more beneficial than the higher doses. My feeling is that upping the dose when you are shutdown won't get much more action, so 60-90 may show some benefit but I don't think it is as much as doing the lower dose and extending to 5-6 weeks. No facts to back that just from what I remember of pct'ing and I've started at 120 and tapered down from there too.

VayneZ
07-25-2013, 06:55 PM
in for this, looks like a good ride!

Turbo6GN
07-25-2013, 07:28 PM
in for this, looks like a good ride!

Thanks VayneZ, I've been following your log periodically, your dedication is awesome, keep it up.

ryhigh
07-25-2013, 07:39 PM
Any specific reason your running your derm 5 on 2 off? I ran my 6 weeks straight and loved it

xxiv
07-25-2013, 07:42 PM
in as well.

Turbo6GN
07-25-2013, 08:12 PM
Ok, so today was chest day, I managed to take an hour at lunch and went in. I didn't have much to eat prior and no pre-workout so I certainly didn't blow the roof off the gym. I dosed my stano in the morning along with my CoQ, Vit D and B6-12.

So here was my chest day along with a bit of tri, I did arms yesterday so I just wanted a bit of a finishing burn.

Please keep in mind I have no spotter, I can lift a fuck of a lot more but have to weigh the risk of injury. Cant train when you're hurt.

Flat Bench:
135x10
135x6
185x8
225x12
225x6, strip down to 135 and rep to failure (about 18 if I recall)

Incline DB:
60x10
75x10
85x11 (failed on 12th rep..no spot)
85x8

Close Grip Incline Bench / dip superset. (I love this for my upper chest, not at all heavy but a great burn)
135x12 / 10
135x12 / 12
135x15 / 9 - fail at 10

As I mentioned I love supersets. I've seen a lot of guys over the years call a set with a 2 minute water break in between a superset. I move immediately from one to another and give er' shit.

Low Pulley Cable Flys (one side at a time)
50x10
60x10
60x12

Reverse Grip Tri Pressdowns:
80x12
90x12
90x12

DB kickbacks:
15x10
15x10
20x10

That was it, felt great and looked good, chest looked full and arms looked good. Went home and crushed a shake and lean burger patty, dosed my afternoon stano. No sides to speak of, tomorrow is a morning bike ride so I'm excited, gotta burn some fat!!

Turbo6GN
07-25-2013, 08:17 PM
Any specific reason your running your derm 5 on 2 off? I ran my 6 weeks straight and loved it

No specific reason, I seem to remember Eric or one of the other PP guys mentioning a 5-2 dosing schedule. I'll see how things are after the first week and ramp it up if need be. I don't like the cream based derm, it makes me itchy as hell, I'd love to have the gel but no big deal.

Turbo6GN
07-25-2013, 08:32 PM
in as well.

Thanks pal, good to have you along.

nate3993
07-25-2013, 09:01 PM
No specific reason, I seem to remember Eric or one of the other PP guys mentioning a 5-2 dosing schedule. I'll see how things are after the first week and ramp it up if need be. I don't like the cream based derm, it makes me itchy as hell, I'd love to have the gel but no big deal.

sustain alpha was the 5 on 2 off, not derm :cool:

run that shit errrrrrydayyyy

Turbo6GN
07-26-2013, 09:40 AM
sustain alpha was the 5 on 2 off, not derm :cool:

run that shit errrrrrydayyyy

Right, it's all coming back to me now, I ran sustain in PCT a couple years back...ok then, 4 pumps 7 days a week it is!! Thanks Nate, the voice of reason as always lol. Going for my bike ride, on my way out the door, time to melt some fat

Sorrow
07-26-2013, 07:04 PM
Should be interesting to see how this treats you. I'm in!

Turbo6GN
07-26-2013, 08:24 PM
Should be interesting to see how this treats you. I'm in!

Awesome, thanks for following!! Today was an awesome bike ride on our local trails, very tough and technical. I rode about 14KM and was gassed when I got home...got some food in then took my son to the fair for some fun rides. I fought the temptation to buy all that awesome food, tough to do!! I had an awesome shoulder blast tonight so I've had a great day overall. I feel great and look forward to the triumph. I noticed the veins coming out in my front delts, started doing seated military press again and felt great.

Admittedly, this is the somewhat quiet part of the cycle, even the first week of the triumph should be quiet. I'm really looking forward to kicking it off and getting after some muscle!!

h2s
07-27-2013, 04:37 PM
In. Good luck.

Turbo6GN
07-29-2013, 11:28 PM
821Ok, so today was Day 1 of Derm/Stano/Triumph. I don't have much to ssay about the last week other then I felt an overall sense of well being, can maybe attribute that to the derm/stano. Workouts have been great and I'm ready to rock.

Today: Took vitamin supps, stano and 1 cap of Triumph shortly after waking up. Immediately took down a protein shake with greek yougurt and about 30 mins later took down some egg whites scrambled with leftover chicken and habanero sauce. I went back to bed around noon as I'm working nights and slept till 3:30. Got up and took my second dose of Stano/Triumph and a shot of C4 pre workout. Smashed a protein shake and went off to do arms:

Alternating dumbell curl dropset: (repped till failure with each weight and immediately dropped down to next weight)
40 to fail
35 to fail
25 to fail

I did 4 sets of this and was off to the races, felt good and strong with good form, good contraction at the top of the rep and good deliberate negative. Veins start to pop about half way through set.

Seated forearm curls with barbell:
65 to failure x 4 sets.

Nice and strict again, let the barbell roll down almost to fingertips and curl it back in.

Seated preacher cable curl:
120 to failure
4 sets, 2 cambered bar, 2 straight bar.

Standing close grip tri pressdown:
130 to failure
4 sets

Standing wide grip tri pressdown:
130 to failure
4 sets

Standing tri-rope presdowns
130 to failure
3 sets

Standing barbell curls with Joe Weider arm blaster
70 x 12
70x 12
70x10
70x8

I did a lot of partial pump reps during this exercise, forearms looked like roadmaps and I felt great. Had to get home to eat and shower before work which sucked because I had some gas left in the tank. Arms measured 17.5 pumped and I smashed another shake with some organic PB in it. As promised I took a "before" pic, I have one week of stano/derm in my system but don't attribute any gains to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, lol, sorry i have no clue how to attach pics, meant to scale that one down a bit...:o

And I tried to crop it too, no need to see below the equator, sorry...

markam
07-30-2013, 02:48 AM
Right, it's all coming back to me now, I ran sustain in PCT a couple years back...ok then, 4 pumps 7 days a week it is!! Thanks Nate, the voice of reason as always lol. Going for my bike ride, on my way out the door, time to melt some fat

I run it at 5 pumps minimum, sometimes 6.

SoCal-Nutrition
07-30-2013, 03:15 AM
in for this too!

Turbo6GN
07-30-2013, 09:51 AM
I run it at 5 pumps minimum, sometimes 6.

Just curious how much you weigh?

Turbo6GN
07-30-2013, 09:53 AM
in for this too!

Thanks for following! This is my first log so I'm still trying to figure out a good format...

VayneZ
07-31-2013, 08:05 PM
Rly low bodyfat%! Nice way to start a cycle!

Turbo6GN
07-31-2013, 08:35 PM
Ok, so today was a bit different. Have you ever had one of those workouts that came from out of nowhere?? Tonight I had a late dinner, felt sluggish and reluctantly dragged my ass to the gym feeling farty and bloated. I just finished nightshifts so I woke up at 1:00 this aft and always feel a bit out of sync.

After a few warmup sets I sit on the military bench and just kill it. Today was the first day I've had a remote feeling of being "on". I have 10 days of Derm and Stano under my belt and today is day 3 with the Triumph added @ 30mg. Tomorrow I'm bumping up to 45mg and going to carry through the length of the cycle. Without further ado:

Seated Military Press:
135x8
135x10
145x10
155x10

I felt great, dropped the bar down just below my chin and blasted up, trying to keep shoulders engaged the whole time. I think 175 for reps is in my near future, felt spot on.

Lateral raise/Front raise superset:
15x10/8
20x10/10
20x10/9 - failed on 10th rep but in a good way lol, gassed after these.

High pulley face pulls: Jim Stoppani demo'd these once and I love them for hitting the rear head. Pulling a tricep rope towards your chin off a high pulley and finishing nice and wide.

70x12
70x10
70x10
80x18 -- Just dug down and exploded for a great set, really felt "on" this time lol

Upright rows:
65x12
75x15
75x15
75x12 -- Can I go heavier?? Yep, for sure. I'm extremely (perhaps overly) cautious when I do shoulders, I've hurt myself waaaay to many times and believe in quality over quantity. Straining or pulling a muscle would be a huge setback at this point.

Incline bench front raises/Behind-the-neck BB press Superset.
15x10 / 75x10
15x12 / 75x12
25x8 / 75x15

Dips for the big finish. No 6" pump here, full, slow negative and extension.
20 - I would have been happy with 12, just a great pump.

That was it, home to a protein shake and some curried chicken. Trying to get to bed at a decent hour, gotta rest up.

Turbo6GN
07-31-2013, 08:38 PM
Rly low bodyfat%! Nice way to start a cycle!

Thanks bro, we have roughly the same dimensions so I'm looking to you for some inspiration...really hoping for something special this time around!

ryhigh
07-31-2013, 08:44 PM
Yeah like vaynez said your looking cut man great job. A perfect base for this run

VayneZ
08-01-2013, 05:15 PM
Bro, I think I started my cycle ''not as lean as I wanted to'', but the gains I've made so far two weeks in, are amazing. I'm crazy for mass and power right now.

In your case, since you're so low bodyfat, you're gonna see mad vein action with the gear you're running! I'm fat! And yet I see veins like crazy already!!! lol

Turbo6GN
08-04-2013, 07:52 AM
So today is a rest day, I had a great back workout yesterday and rode about 12K after work, all in all a great day. A bit of a refeed, tried out a new restaurant this morning and had an amazing breakfast skillet, it was delicious.

Almost 2 weeks in and have no sides to report, just noticed my forehead and nose are a bit oily. No aggression or libido issues, so far so good. Feeling great, looking lean and mean, I can't wait to continue.

Sorrow
08-04-2013, 07:56 AM
About to hit the sweet spot in my opinion. Toward the end of week 2 thru week 4 and even after cycleing off I continued to have steady strength increases. Keep rocking it man, good so far!

xxiv
08-04-2013, 04:34 PM
have you started the triumphalis yet?

...i can't get over how lean you are. i would love to be that lean and muscular.....

olddawg
08-04-2013, 04:55 PM
have you started the triumphalis yet?

...i can't get over how lean you are. i would love to be that lean and muscular.....

I'm pretty sure he's married XX

xxiv
08-04-2013, 06:03 PM
I'm pretty sure he's married XX

yeah, so was my jr high art teacher that got caught getting his rump pumped at the ole pickle park.
It's not that I wanna grab turbo by the man handle, he's just really ripped, lean and dreamy.

Turbo6GN
08-05-2013, 09:24 AM
yeah, so was my jr high art teacher that got caught getting his rump pumped at the ole pickle park.
It's not that I wanna grab turbo by the man handle, he's just really ripped, lean and dreamy.

Lol, thanks for the kind words! I started week 2 of the Triumph today, the first 2 days were at 30mg and then 45mg the rest of the way. I will be running Talos from here on in along with the Aegis and my vitamins. BP is stable and I feel great, due largely to the Derm and Stano I'm sure. Today is a new workout I'm going to try to break up the routine a bit, stay tuned and I'll report on it later today.

As far as being somewhat lean, I worked very hard to get ready for this cycle. My hope is to build on a fairly solid base and get some decent results. Overall, I think it'll be a good test for the efficacy of this compound. I'm turning 39 this month and don't make gains like I used to lol

olddawg
08-05-2013, 02:16 PM

lmao ole pickle park!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I agree though, turbo has always been pretty lean!

Turbo6GN
08-06-2013, 07:11 PM
Ok, so I'm starting week 3 of this run, and I'm really enjoying it. I decided to try a new workout to break up the routine a little bit, I love supersets so I had a lot of fun with this one. It's an agonist/protagonist workout and it felt great.

On a related note, I'm experiencing some inflammation and discomfort in my left shoulder. Not sure how I did it but I'm trying to work around it as much as possible. Here is my workout and a pic taken about 20 mins after.

Flat bench press/bent over BB row Superset:
135x10/135x8
185x8/135x8
225x10/155x8
225x8/155x8

Decline DB press/Bent over DB row Superset:
60x8/60x8 (3 sets)

Standing military BB press/pullup Superset:
135x10/10
135x10/10
135x10/8

Dips/dumbell curl Superset:
I decided to make this a tri-set for a good strong finish, I added in preacher cable curls also:
15/35x10/80 to failure (3 sets as described)

I loved this workout and felt great after, save for the pain in my left shoulder. I felt it held me back from upping the weight in a few of the exercises. I did my best to stretch and work through it. I'm not eating enough, I'm starting to realize that now. I'll really have to make an effort on the nutrition in the next few weeks. Here is a pic of me after:827

Overall I can't complain about how I look 2 weeks in. I agree with Sorrow, I think I'm going to really be hitting my stride in the next 2 weeks, I may bump up to 60mg next week then back down to 45mg for the last week. I wish my arms didn't look so blocky. Not to sound like Ippy but I'm actually a bit washed out in my pics, there is a bit more definition there then is seen. That is all, comments and critiques welcome!!

ryhigh
08-06-2013, 07:35 PM
Looking solid man, great work. Excited for what's to come for you.

Turbo6GN
08-06-2013, 07:46 PM
Looking solid man, great work. Excited for what's to come for you.

Thanks pal, I really appreciate the encouragement.

ryhigh
08-06-2013, 07:56 PM
What type of riding do you do? Mountain biking or riding a road bike?

Turbo6GN
08-06-2013, 08:25 PM
I ride mountain, I have an Ibis Mojo HD, it's quite a machine. Our trails here are very technical but a heck of a lot of fun. Lots of climbing, rocks, roots. The distances aren't that long but it's very taxing.

ryhigh
08-06-2013, 09:12 PM
Nice bike man, real clean. Where do you live at? I have a Santa Cruz V10, the love of my life lol. I use to race downhill, 4cross, and BMX. Been on bikes my whole life, love them.

Turbo6GN
08-07-2013, 10:45 AM
I live near Toronto, about an hour away. My buddy has a carbon nomad and carbon V10, carbon everything on both bikes. Nice rides for sure. I'll put up a pic of my Ibis later

ryhigh
08-07-2013, 11:50 AM
Yeah for sure I'd love to see it. That's cool man I've heard there's alot of great riding up there. I have so much right by me, but I'm moving to Vegas so idk what I'm even gonna do with my bikes :( lol

Turbo6GN
08-16-2013, 11:08 PM
Hey guys, haven't checked in lately but not really much to report, which is IMHO a good thing. I feel great and look very lean, no sides to speak of and the usual suspects (lethargy, loss of libido, ball shrinkage, short temper) are nowhere to be seen.

I bumped up to 60mg to start this week and I think it's a sweet spot for me. Strength is great, I put up 315 clean for 3 reps which I haven't done in a while. I'm going to carry on for 60mg the remainder of the run unless something drastic happens but at this rate I feel fine. Lots of water, diet is solid. I will post a pic at the end of next week.

Turbo6GN
08-21-2013, 10:38 AM
So here is a little update, everything is going great, I had to take a few days off to rest my shoulder but it was for the better, did a bit of a carb-up and tried to eat lots. One small issue has crept up though: I'm either having back pumps or major organ failure. I have a brutal aching in my lower right back but feel fine otherwise...if I had multiple symptoms I'd be worried but I don't know what to make of this. Is ther a possibility that the derm/stano/triumph at this stage could cause back pumps?? It came on progressively and am 99.9% sure it is not due to injury, I'll usually feel it right away if that is the case.

I could use some feedback on this one fellas, I've never had them before so i have no baseline to compare to.

milehighguy
08-22-2013, 09:28 AM
Turbo...if you still around today I'm guessing these are back pumps and not major organ failure. :)

Taurine will help. Your on a methyl correct?

xxiv
08-22-2013, 09:37 AM
I had brutal back pumps on mechabol, the only thing that worked for me was dropping the dose down.
I tried taurine, foam rolling, and super hydrating and they helped a little but they didn't go away fully untill I lowered my daily dose.

Turbo6GN
08-22-2013, 07:21 PM
Turbo...if you still around today I'm guessing these are back pumps and not major organ failure. :)

Taurine will help. Your on a methyl correct?

Yeah bro, I made it through the night, lol

I picked up some Taurine, good call on your part. Yes, I'm currently on 60mg ED of Triumphalis. Like I said, feeling great otherwise, best I've felt on any cycle thus far

SoCal-Nutrition
08-22-2013, 08:28 PM
yeah, for the price, Taurine has some great beneifts...especially while ON!

Turbo6GN
08-24-2013, 08:12 PM
Alright, so week 4 on Triumph is wrapping up, I have to say I'm really enjoying the run so far, the derm and stano are keeping every side at bay and I feel fantastic. The only remotely noticeable thing is a bit of a short temper but I have 2 little boys that can push dads buttons so maybe just par for the course. I was really hoping to add a bit more size, despite looking lean and being strong as shit. I would definitely recommend this stack to someone looking to build on a solid base and lean out.

I have no illusions about PH's so I put a hell of a lot of effort into getting ready for this cycle. I almost take as much pride in that as the results, which I'm pretty happy with. If I had to criticize myself I would say I should have been eating more despite looking to lean out. Oh well, live and learn. here is a pic, please feel free to critique:

Mind you, I still have a week left at 60mg, then hoping to kill it in PCT and keep those gains. I think I've settled on a PCT so stay tuned for that :)

olddawg
08-25-2013, 06:46 AM
nice work T!

milehighguy
08-25-2013, 09:09 AM
nice work T!

X2