PDA

View Full Version : Cahill and DS in USA Today. Here we go...

BoneDaddy
07-25-2013, 12:55 PM
Thought you guys might be interested in this.....

Sports supplement designer has history of risky products (http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/07/25/bodybuilding-supplement-designer-matt-cahill-usa-today-investigation/2568815/)

pman42
09-02-2013, 07:45 PM
Uhhhhh, i hate this journalistic bait-and-switch. they lead with "innocent teenager dies from supplements produced by subhuman monster" but then you read down and find out she died from suicide. ANY over-the-counter medication could have been used for that. and yeah, cahill sounds like a moron and an asshole and craze was a stupid move, but he can't be blamed for a 17 year-old girl killing herself, as the parents seem to do

milehighguy
09-03-2013, 09:31 AM
Interesting read...but selling DNP is not cool at all! DJM posted an article a while back about another young dude who cooked his insides with DNP. Everything I have read about this stuff is pretty crazy. If I remember correctly Dan Duchaine wrote about this stuff.

Umm...media definitely has put an evil twist on this dude. Not sure where I land after reading top to bottom. Don't think some of this stuff should be used by teens for sure.

He def has the cash to keep his business rolling.

WesleyInman
09-03-2013, 05:52 PM
Yeah I agree 100%..these people are delusional...anything to get rid of their own guilt.the family that is.

Think the movie Bigger Stronger Faster....the young baseball kid Taylor that killed himself. Well I know people that live in Texas that knew that kid personally and said he was into coke, other rec drugs, steroids, etc..on top of the fact he was on anti depressants and in therapy...When he committed suicide, the dad went on a rampage against Steroids, lined up with the US Govt and Media and made a smear campaign.

I believe it was to hide his own guilt as well...If your kid kills themselves, either you had something to do with the underlying issues, OR you could not help them and I believe the dad was in this situation and put all his energy into demonizing Steroids..anything to take the blame even if it isn't true.

Cahill has some decent ideas in the fitness industry. I can respect him releasing SuperDrol..everyone knew what that product was..This clown acts like he thought he was getting GNC mega men vitamins. He probably took 4x the dosage and now is playing the sympathy card. However I cannot respect Cahill in any way shape or form for slipping DNP into a pill, that is a scumbag move and makes the industry bad. I for one will not even discuss DNP with anyone. I won't help anyone dose or educate them on it's uses. It's one thing I won't have anything to do with. That and I don't help people who wish to use Insulin either.

Anyways, I find it pretty funny...Reports are that last year 20,000 people died from Acetaminophen poisoning. So much so that Tylenol was forced to now print on top of all bottles in big red letters, "contains acetaminophen". Funny because with Jack3d and a few other products, 1 or 2 people died, the manafacturers were looked at for criminal charges, lawsuits, bans and forced to destroy their products.

So why isn't Tylenol banned and the manacturer imprisoned and fined? One of the most lethal drugs on the market. The corrupt FDA and Gov't can go fuck themselves as far as I am concerned.

milehighguy
09-03-2013, 07:46 PM
Well said...

Acetaminophen is liver toxic and most people I know will pop them like candy.

nate3993
09-03-2013, 08:39 PM
Well said...

Acetaminophen is liver toxic and most people I know will pop them like candy.

not only that, take advil or tylenol and your body doesn't absorb protein. in the study those who didnt take advil or tylenol had 75% higher protein synthesis. and thats just as scary as the liver effects!

(J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2001 Oct;86(10):5067-70.) 24 males to either receive ibuprofen, acetaminophen or a control after resistance excercise workout (10 - 14 sets). It showed that acetaminophen and ibuprofen had an impact on prostoglandins (in equal degree). Researchers concluded this impact on prostoglandins could have a big impact on muscle growth. One year later, these same researchers published (Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2002 Mar;282(3):E551-6.) measuring protein synthesis after resistance workout. The study was done on 24 males who either took acetaminophen, ibuprofen, or control. Results showed that the placebo group had 75% higher protein synthesis at the skeletal muscle than the ibuprofen or acetaminophen group. These painkillers didn’t effect overall body breakdown, but did effect protein synthesis at the muscle.
Aspirin also has a effect on decreasing protein synthesis. (source: J Biol Chem. 2007 Apr;282(14):10164-71. Epub 2007 Feb 6.)

and yeah. you can't really respect cahill. i didn't even KNOW about the DNP in pills, but i knew of the amphetamine like substance in craze which wasn't listed. he's a piece of shit. plain and simple. gives the supplement industry a terrible name. like i tell people. you're gonna take a supplement, even a fukin multiviatimain, do your dam research. now. not disclosing ingredients prevents this, but generally with these supplement "horror" stories, it's abuse and misuse or mixing things that shouldn't be mixed.

pman42
09-03-2013, 10:42 PM
The thing I also found interesting was that Cahill has no formal science training. He used to formulate for Gaspari and was on Superhuman radio as a supplement expert, but the article makes him out to be a moron when it comes to science. he basically read the word "methasterone" in an anabolics book and put it into alibaba.com then paid someone else to encapsulate and label it. what a joke

longBallLima
09-03-2013, 11:29 PM
cahill is a shady individual, but i fucking hate ron kramer. the industry will self implode if kramer is the standard of morality. i truly hope that asshole chokes on his spit and dies.

nate3993
09-04-2013, 12:06 AM
just watched the video. the black guy who "researched" the superdrol obviously didn't research the superdrol. he wouldn't have had major liver issues if he looked into some kind of liver support. i will say though. anything like superdrol being on the market, is kind of ridiculous. i mean. if this shit came with some guidelines, then it'd be fine, but SD is such a crazy potent compound, it really is kind of a joke to sell it like they did.

and yeah, look, the girl that committed suicide. sad as fuk. no dispute there, but i HATE how the mother says, "MY DAUGHTER SAID I DONT WANT TO DIE" but yeah, she kind of did. she intentionally tried to kill yourself.

pman42
09-04-2013, 12:44 AM
just watched the video. the black guy who "researched" the superdrol obviously didn't research the superdrol. he wouldn't have had major liver issues if he looked into some kind of liver support. i will say though. anything like superdrol being on the market, is kind of ridiculous. i mean. if this shit came with some guidelines, then it'd be fine, but SD is such a crazy potent compound, it really is kind of a joke to sell it like they did.

and yeah, look, the girl that committed suicide. sad as fuk. no dispute there, but i HATE how the mother says, "MY DAUGHTER SAID I DONT WANT TO DIE" but yeah, she kind of did. she intentionally tried to kill yourself.
But maybe back then all the sides weren't as widely known and there were no logs or bloodwork to go from showing liver damage. maybe the black guy took the dosage recommended and still wound up with liver damage.

i do think he's kind of a schmuck for telling his students, "if it's not FDA-approved don't touch it." guy obviously has no grasp of the wide variety of supplement niches and the quality variance of companies out there. it's like saying, after you got burned buying a used car, to never ever buy a car because all cars are bad

h2s
09-04-2013, 08:46 AM
I touched on this on my facebook (which you are all following, RIGHT?!? - just playing). As much as I am against action against the industry, it is hard to defend Cahill in any light. Craze featured an unlabeled drug. Nothing said about him, the industry, the FDA, the DEA, big pharma, etc. etc.. give that a proper excuse. He gave a drug to people that didn't know they were taking a drug.

That said, I have used Craze and like it, lol.

nate3993
09-04-2013, 09:20 AM
although that may be true that there were no bloodwork before, logical thought would have predicted liver issues. It was already widely known that methylated steroids were liver toxic. That wasn't new. Now you're gonna produce a dimethyl and not expect it to be much worse? Seems like silly thinking.