PDA

View Full Version : Everything MACA-Must Read

nate3993
07-27-2013, 03:17 PM
I had a very large, detailed, write up about all things Maca. Page got refreshed and I lost it all:(. Here's the condensed version.

So Maca. It's an herbal supplement used to support Libido in men AND women. Is used for women going through menopause to negate cramps, and is an herbal adaptogen meaning it helps your body deal with whatever may be stressing it.

I've used multiple brands of Maca. Pills and powder. And have been using Maca on and off for about 4 or so months now. Best I've used, so far, is NOW's gelatinized 6:1 Maca powder. Effective dose is 3 grams daily. It works. I do have more energy, I do have an increased libido, and your load volume WILL increase a pretty good amount:cool:. I wanted better though. If a cheap bottle of Maca, NOW's powder is about 15 bucks for 2 months worth, could do so much, imagine what an ultra pure Maca extract could do.

Enter Liftmode. They are KING when it comes to quality powders. Look up their stuff on Amazon. Everything comes with a certificate of analysis AND every order comes with a $20 off coupon for your next order. No 20% off bs. 20 whole fuking bucks off your next order. Order 3 tubs of something? You'll get 3 $20 off coupons. Solid fukin company to say the very least.

SO. I've seen 0.6% macamides extract. I've seen 0.8% macamides extract. I've used a 4:1 extract, currently use a 6:1 extract and have seen at most a 20:1 extract, but it's in a test booster with a prop blend so it wasn't just the Maca.

How potent is LM's Maca you ask? 60%. Yes 60% macamides. Not .6% or .8%. NO. 60 mother fukin percent. It's not bs either. Let's look at appearance, taste, smell.

Now's Maca powder smells and taste like teeth being drilled. YEs. You read that right. The smell of teeth being drilled is what NOW's powder tastes and smells like. It's awful. LM's Maca though? Smells like a fine, sweet tea. Doesn't taste bad either.

On the right is LM's Maca. On the left is NOW's powder. Look at the color difference. Now, keep in mind, both contain absolutely no fillers and both are from solid companies. LM's is immensely darker than NOW's, taste immensely better, and smells immensely better. Interesting to say the least.

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo186/nate3993/null_zpse988ee85.jpg (http://s374.photobucket.com/user/nate3993/media/null_zpse988ee85.jpg.html)http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo186/nate3993/null_zpsd81221be.jpg (http://s374.photobucket.com/user/nate3993/media/null_zpsd81221be.jpg.html)

60.15% macamides for my little tub just to be exact:cool:.

So with Now's I generally use 3+ grams and take it with bioperine. I just received my LM Maca today so I can't report on effects quite yet obviously. BUT today I have made the switch to LM's. I plan on using 500mg a day of liftmode's with bioperine. I do feel that after reading reviews of how much of LM's Maca people use, how much I've used of other extracts, and the quality of this one, that 500mg a day with bioperine should elicit some very effective results. This is far purer than any Maca i've ever used. If need be, I can always bump up the dose. 20 gram tub is 22 bucks. And if you order one, just remember, write that review and your next tub would only be $2 bucks plus shipping.

I will report in this thread if I notice better energy, libido, etc. with LM's Maca vs NOW's Maca. I see no reason I wouldn't. Maca's a great supplement for men AND women and If I have found, and I'm sure I have, the absolute best Maca out there, I wanna pass on this knowledge to you guys.

THANKS FOR READING!

h2s
07-27-2013, 04:46 PM
That is quite a difference in extract. Lets see how the results compare for you.

Grape Ape
07-27-2013, 08:09 PM
When will you be reviewing their 98% Icariin extract?

Liftmode is my next move for phenibut.

Sperwer
07-27-2013, 11:04 PM
When will you be reviewing their 98% Icariin extract?

Liftmode is my next move for phenibut.

What's your experience with Phenibut? I hear lots of horror stories about addiction and very difficult withdrawal symptoms.

Sperwer
07-27-2013, 11:17 PM
Interesting. I've been using Swanson's Organic Maca. Its color is somewhere between the 2 samples in your pictures; it smells good and has a nutty taste. I'm guessing the difference is that, as stated in the caution on amazon, the Liftmode stuff is sold as an ingredient for supplements and not a supplement itself.

Did you purchase through Amazon or direct?

AresTS
07-28-2013, 11:12 AM
What's your experience with Phenibut? I hear lots of horror stories about addiction and very difficult withdrawal symptoms.

You have to remember how the internet works one person says something and then it's a fireball throughout the entire site of people saying the same shit.

With all things of this nature if used responsibly the addiction aspect should be of little concern. I have used Phen sporadically but many times and have never had any issues whatsoever.

nate3993
07-28-2013, 01:55 PM
Interesting. I've been using Swanson's Organic Maca. Its color is somewhere between the 2 samples in your pictures; it smells good and has a nutty taste. I'm guessing the difference is that, as stated in the caution on amazon, the Liftmode stuff is sold as an ingredient for supplements and not a supplement itself.

Did you purchase through Amazon or direct?

Through Amazon. That's where LM does all of their sales. The stuff tastes like Yerba Matte. Such a difference than the other stuff. It's really interesting how drastic powders can differ.

And as far as Phenibut goes 2, MAYBE 3x a week of phenibut use will not cause addiction. Taking that shit every night for 2 weeks and then just stopping and not tapering down WILL cause addiction. 2x a week here and there and you're fine.

nate3993
07-28-2013, 01:57 PM
And as far as trying their Icariin, I'm not sure. It's so expensive and would only last me so long.

Their phenibut is gtg though. Never hesitate to buy from LM. They were out of stick of Pehnibut for 3 months not too long ago because their powders weren't testing to their specifications.

ryhigh
07-28-2013, 02:07 PM
Addicted how? Like what does it do I have no experience with it..

Also great thread Nate, interested to see your results

nate3993
07-28-2013, 03:45 PM
it works on the gaba receptors like xanax. just as xanax can be addicting, so can phenibut. it's daily continuous use and abruptly stopping that mess with people. phenibut may be a supplement, but one that deserves respect, as many supplements do.

ryhigh
07-28-2013, 03:49 PM
Ahhh ok yeah unfortunately I know all about Xanax and addiction luckily those days are gone. Thanks for the reply.

nate3993
07-28-2013, 03:50 PM
glad that's behind you man :)

ryhigh
07-28-2013, 03:53 PM
Thanks bud, me too. I'm just lucky to kick that shit before I hurt myself, my future, or anyone else and I feel great.

Sperwer
07-28-2013, 07:22 PM
What other nootropics do people use, besides Phen. ANy input on SNS FocusXT?

markam
07-29-2013, 01:49 AM
SNS Huperzine, LGI Noo pept are the best I've come across. Wasn't that impressed with Focus XT.

2 caps of Huperzine give great clarity or 1 cap Noo pept with 1 cap Huperzine is also very good. Note that tolerance to Noo pept builds up fast.

nate3993
07-29-2013, 05:12 PM
liftmode has some huperzine. i may have to try this.

Freepressright
07-31-2013, 06:19 AM
In the past, I've found the best supplement for focus is easily Calm Thoughts by Source Naturals. You can get it for $12 a bottle over at Swanson's. You'll feel it within a couple hours. It's a calming feeling, but yet doesn't make you drowsy or zap your energy. Pretty amazing stuff. Kicks anxiety right in the nuts.

But, as is the case with a lot of supplements of this kind, tolerance builds quickly, so if you start using it every day, plan to take some time off, maybe on the weekends, and then resume use during the week.

Source Naturals Calm Thoughts 90 Tabs - Swanson Health Products (https://www.swansonvitamins.com/source-naturals-calm-thoughts-90-tabs)

AMS used to have a supplement called Lucidrol and it worked very well also. But again, tolerance builds after a few days.

nate3993
07-31-2013, 12:46 PM
Hmm. That source stuff's ingredients are very reminiscent of a sleep aid. That's different. I just wish they wouldn't shove a million and one other ingredients in it.

Hank!
07-31-2013, 01:26 PM

I currently have use Liftmode Phenibut F.A.A and it definitaly works. I use it very sparingly ..maybe 3x a month when I really want to get some rest.

1st time i used maybe a 1.5 to 2gm to gauge effectiveness , didnt notice much. Next time i dosed 4 grams. Sleept like a deadman, and was in a fog the next day all day. I scaled back to 3gms and it works perfectly for me.

Taste is on par with any aminio which is generally not great.

Ive also used Lifmode Taurine which worked effectivley combating some back pumps.
Overall Liftmode is a great value , I plan on using them as long as they remian that way.

- - - Updated - - -

What other nootropics do people use, besides Phen. ANy input on SNS FocusXT?

Noopept, ALCAR , Stano,

Mr. Cooper did a good write up and log of AlCAR as a nootropic, helps with recall ext. I took 1 GM 2x a day for about two months , I had better recall, and less stumbling over words when trying to make a point or presentaion

Ive tried and liked Focus XT just one of those things I dont buy all that ofen.

Hank!
07-31-2013, 01:31 PM
I had a very large, detailed, write up about all things Maca. Page got refreshed and I lost it all:(. Here's the condensed version.

So Maca. It's an herbal supplement used to support Libido in men AND women. Is used for women going through menopause to negate cramps, and is an herbal adaptogen meaning it helps your body deal with whatever may be stressing it.

I've used multiple brands of Maca. Pills and powder. And have been using Maca on and off for about 4 or so months now. Best I've used, so far, is NOW's gelatinized 6:1 Maca powder. Effective dose is 3 grams daily. It works. I do have more energy, I do have an increased libido, and your load volume WILL increase a pretty good amount:cool:. I wanted better though. If a cheap bottle of Maca, NOW's powder is about 15 bucks for 2 months worth, could do so much, imagine what an ultra pure Maca extract could do.

Enter Liftmode. They are KING when it comes to quality powders. Look up their stuff on Amazon. Everything comes with a certificate of analysis AND every order comes with a $20 off coupon for your next order. No 20% off bs. 20 whole fuking bucks off your next order. Order 3 tubs of something? You'll get 3 $20 off coupons. Solid fukin company to say the very least.

SO. I've seen 0.6% macamides extract. I've seen 0.8% macamides extract. I've used a 4:1 extract, currently use a 6:1 extract and have seen at most a 20:1 extract, but it's in a test booster with a prop blend so it wasn't just the Maca.

How potent is LM's Maca you ask? 60%. Yes 60% macamides. Not .6% or .8%. NO. 60 mother fukin percent. It's not bs either. Let's look at appearance, taste, smell.

Now's Maca powder smells and taste like teeth being drilled. YEs. You read that right. The smell of teeth being drilled is what NOW's powder tastes and smells like. It's awful. LM's Maca though? Smells like a fine, sweet tea. Doesn't taste bad either.

On the right is LM's Maca. On the left is NOW's powder. Look at the color difference. Now, keep in mind, both contain absolutely no fillers and both are from solid companies. LM's is immensely darker than NOW's, taste immensely better, and smells immensely better. Interesting to say the least.

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo186/nate3993/null_zpse988ee85.jpg (http://s374.photobucket.com/user/nate3993/media/null_zpse988ee85.jpg.html)http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo186/nate3993/null_zpsd81221be.jpg (http://s374.photobucket.com/user/nate3993/media/null_zpsd81221be.jpg.html)

60.15% macamides for my little tub just to be exact:cool:.

So with Now's I generally use 3+ grams and take it with bioperine. I just received my LM Maca today so I can't report on effects quite yet obviously. BUT today I have made the switch to LM's. I plan on using 500mg a day of liftmode's with bioperine. I do feel that after reading reviews of how much of LM's Maca people use, how much I've used of other extracts, and the quality of this one, that 500mg a day with bioperine should elicit some very effective results. This is far purer than any Maca i've ever used. If need be, I can always bump up the dose. 20 gram tub is 22 bucks. And if you order one, just remember, write that review and your next tub would only be $2 bucks plus shipping.

I will report in this thread if I notice better energy, libido, etc. with LM's Maca vs NOW's Maca. I see no reason I wouldn't. Maca's a great supplement for men AND women and If I have found, and I'm sure I have, the absolute best Maca out there, I wanna pass on this knowledge to you guys.

THANKS FOR READING!

Nate

Thanks for the info. I have used the now powder at 3gms a day, I really liked it in my coffee though it doesnt fully disolve.
I felt great while taking it. My first expericnce with Maca was Now 500mg caps , it definialty enhanced my libido. I was also taking Now Fenugreek so I was literally ready to go all the time.

nate3993
07-31-2013, 01:57 PM
Yeah. This stuff at about a gram a day seems to produce quite the libido enhancing effects. 1/3 of the amount i was taking of NOW's and yet more than double the results.

Hank. I've only used their standard Phenibut, but not their F.A.A. phenibut. Have you used their standard? What exactly is the difference between em?

nate3993
07-31-2013, 02:01 PM
I'm also handling stresses better. Seem to be able to talk myself through it and am
Just much calmer. This maca is good stuff.

Hank!
07-31-2013, 02:44 PM
Yeah. This stuff at about a gram a day seems to produce quite the libido enhancing effects. 1/3 of the amount i was taking of NOW's and yet more than double the results.

Hank. I've only used their standard Phenibut, but not their F.A.A. phenibut. Have you used their standard? What exactly is the difference between em?

Never tried the standard I got the FAA since atthe time it was on Prime @ Amazon . I think the faa is supposed be able to to be absorbed sublingualy. The powder is ultra fine like talc almost, what is normal Phnnbut like?

nate3993
07-31-2013, 10:50 PM
Never tried the standard I got the FAA since atthe time it was on Prime @ Amazon . I think the faa is supposed be able to to be absorbed sublingualy. The powder is ultra fine like talc almost, what is normal Phnnbut like?

Ahhhh. Interesting. I guess better absorption is the difference??? The reg phenibut is crystals. That's actually one of the ways you know you have good pehnibut is if it's crystals. BUT, I guess the FAA is a fine powder.

markam
08-01-2013, 04:36 AM
BTW, the SNS Phenibut XT is 500mgs a cap. Never needed more than 2 caps. Powerful stuff. Now foods 5-HTP 100mgs is also good just before bed, worth reading up on, imo.

nate3993
08-13-2013, 12:52 PM
Yeah. oneiromancer has 5HTP so sik so started taking it, it's been the first time I've ever used 5HTP.

But to the maca. 10 rounded scoops. Which is 500 or so mg's does a very good job. This maca is solid. BUT, I have been told by liftmode that if I wanna try any product that's not phenibut, let them know and they would give me a tub to try free. I think the 98% icariin sounds like a good idea ;)

Freepressright
08-25-2013, 03:40 PM
They need to be marketing to the PCT crowd. And you better report to us on how the 98% icariin works, dammit!! I was a raging fire in the gym on the new Tropinol XP and it isn't standardized anywhere near that high.

SoCal-Nutrition
08-25-2013, 04:34 PM
Yeah. oneiromancer has 5HTP so sik so started taking it, it's been the first time I've ever used 5HTP.

But to the maca. 10 rounded scoops. Which is 500 or so mg's does a very good job. This maca is solid. BUT, I have been told by liftmode that if I wanna try any product that's not phenibut, let them know and they would give me a tub to try free. I think the 98% icariin sounds like a good idea ;)

the new synthetic supplements dopadex (http://socal-nutrition.com/Synthetic-Supplements?product_id=275) is 98% Icariin...I'm just now giving it a shot. it's not bulk powder, but it's def not expensive for caps.

Sperwer
08-25-2013, 05:27 PM
the new synthetic supplements dopadex (http://socal-nutrition.com/Synthetic-Supplements?product_id=275) is 98% Icariin...I'm just now giving it a shot. it's not bulk powder, but it's def not expensive for caps.

Eh, i think dopadex ( stupid name ) is mucuna pruriens not icariin ( horny gost weed)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SoCal-Nutrition
08-25-2013, 05:35 PM
oops, you're right...sorry!

Freepressright
08-25-2013, 07:17 PM
Yeah, it's 98 percent L-dopa. And I will definitely be ordering some and combining it with green tea

nate3993
08-28-2013, 07:10 AM
The Icariin is quite good. Pumps increased at only 200mg. I haven't tried much more, max I've used is 250mg, because it's only 5 grams of the powder, but when I see my bf in a couple weeks, I'm gonna go ahead and try 500mg. Haha

I will let u guys know.

Also expect a thread all about my natty stack with quality powders.

Freepressright
08-28-2013, 08:20 AM
I'd like to do a PCT run of their maca, tribulus, icariin and Tongkat Ali (Longjack 200) in addition to my SERM and Intimidate.

nate3993
08-28-2013, 08:24 AM
Funny u say that. Icariin, maca, tongkat are all in my current natty stack. Just added in 98% pure trans resveratrol. 90% saponins Tribulus is coming and so is my 98% l-dopa.

Freepressright
08-28-2013, 09:07 AM
For the record, I'm fuk'n jealous. People knock trib @ 45% as not being an effective test booster, but I've always found that it does SOMETHING dosed at 3 grams a day. It leans me out. The best looking mid-section I ever had was during an eight-week run of NOW Tribulus 1000.

As pure as these herbals are, I'm dying to try them.

I want a full, detailed report on effects!!

How's the libido?

nate3993
08-28-2013, 10:58 AM
For the record, I'm fuk'n jealous. People knock trib @ 45% as not being an effective test booster, but I've always found that it does SOMETHING dosed at 3 grams a day. It leans me out. The best looking mid-section I ever had was during an eight-week run of NOW Tribulus 1000.

As pure as these herbals are, I'm dying to try them.

I want a full, detailed report on effects!!

How's the libido?

libido hasn't been nuts or anything, but i havent been thinking about sex much. number 1, i'm in a long distance relationship and am in the process of moving in with my bf, and number 2, i have work to do where i live before i can move in with my bf, so sex hasn't been much of a thought.

and yeah. i plan on running 2 grams a day of the trib and i take evrything with 10mg bioperine just to make sure i get enhanced absorption

300 grams of Liftmode tribulus is 18 bucks. even at 3 grams a day, that's 100 days worth of trib for a totsl of 25 bucks if u include shipping. liftmode is the shit

nate3993
08-28-2013, 11:16 AM
also, another thing i love is that since im buying bulk powders, so bs fillers.