PDA

View Full Version : FPR's carb-free French Toast and pancake recipe

Freepressright
07-30-2013, 10:10 AM
If you're a lover of French toast or pancakes, enjoy them without the guilt of the excess carbs. This recipe is another one that's so good, you probably won't miss the flour at all.

So here's the rundown

INGREDIENTS

French Toast

3 eggs
1/4-cup ricotta cheese
1.5 teaspoons of baking powder
1 tablespoon Splenda granular
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
Nutmeg (to taste)
1 heaping tablespoon of milled Flaxseed

Combine all ingredients in a blender. Using the "beat" setting, beat all ingredients until thoroughly blended and smooth.

Preheat a skillet at just above medium heat. Spray with cooking spray. Pour in 1/3 of the mixture and cook it like a pancake, allowing bubbles to form through the top and turning when somewhat set. Cook on the other side.

Butter finished product and use a Splenda-sweetened, sugar-free syrup. It tastes downright amazing, I promise!

Pancake Recipe

3 eggs
1/4-cup ricotta cheese
1.5 teaspoons of baking powder
1.5 tablespoon Splenda granular
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 heaping tablespoon of milled Flaxseed

Combine all ingredients in a blender. Using the "beat" setting, beat all ingredients until thoroughly blended and smooth.

Preheat a skillet at just above medium heat. Spray with cooking spray. Pour in 1/3 of the mixture and cook it like a pancake, allowing bubbles to form through the top and turning when somewhat set. Cook on the other side.

Butter finished product and use a Splenda-sweetened, sugar-free syrup OR I love to smear mine with peanut butter and sugar-free/no-sugar-added preserves and stack them.

My girlfriend, who has never gone carb-free before, loved both of these, as did my 14-year-old junk food crazed nephews.

Grape Ape
07-30-2013, 09:24 PM
You had a carb free peanut butter cookie recipe I followed once. Really enjoyed them. Get that one up.

Freepressright
07-31-2013, 06:47 AM
PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES

1 cup of chunky natural peanut butter
3 large eggs (3/4 cup of egg whites can be substituted)
Hershey's sugar-free chocolate chips (optional)
1 scoop chocolate whey protein powder of your choice
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup of Splenda granular
2 tbsp flax seeds (optional)

Preheat oven to 350. Combine all ingredients (less chocolate chips) in a large mixing bowl. Stir together until thoroughly blended. Add in chocolate chips, stir in.

Make small round cookie balls and place on cookie sheet, flattening them into cookie shapes. Make sure to smooth any cracks. Cook in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes. Enjoy!

h2s
07-31-2013, 11:36 AM
Thanks for sharing.

JM1000
07-31-2013, 01:27 PM
Cookies sound good!! Will be my snack tomorrow :)))

Grape Ape
08-01-2013, 12:06 AM
They were when I made em. I used creamy peanut butter though...homie don't play dat chunky.

SoCal-Nutrition
08-01-2013, 04:17 AM
some great options here, thanks for sharing!

ExtraZeus
08-12-2013, 05:38 PM
Just made the pancakes and I have to say it was the best 6 eggs I've ever eaten! Nice work FPR!

Freepressright
08-12-2013, 07:44 PM
Thanks for the kudos! I had them for breakfast this morning, smothered in natural peanut butter and no-sugar-added strawberry preserves :)