PDA

View Full Version : Write your Congressman/Senator!

Sperwer
08-07-2013, 07:48 PM
New assault on supplements pending;

New Bill To Require Supplement Registration - AnabolicMinds.com (http://anabolicminds.com/forum/content/new-bill-require-4094/)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ryhigh
08-07-2013, 10:55 PM
I don't see what they think this is going to accomplish. Although I do think some regulation should be there it has to actually benefit the consumers. If a company has shady practices just requiring a label isn't going to make them change at all.

Sperwer
08-07-2013, 11:12 PM
I think the problem is that the proposed law goes well beyond labeling. The pre-sale registration requirement really looks like an extension of the pre-approval process now applicable to scheduled products, e.g., AAS, and non-grandfathered pre-existing formulations (the reason imo that PP's andro series PHs got slammed), to ALL supplements.

WesleyInman
08-07-2013, 11:38 PM
Its a matter of time...the population is so dumb they will demand increased control to "keep them safe"..meanwhile the FDA's approved medications kill hundreds of thousands of people per year, hospitalize tens of thousands, yet they are not held responsible in any way shape or form. Meanwhile 2 people die from taking excessive doses of Jack3d and run a marathon..and the product and company is eliminated as unsafe. Ritalin is speed/cocaine, THC pills is THC, Test Cream is Test, Pain meds are opiates/heroin, etc, etc...

Supplements take money out of the pockets of Pharmaceutical Giants. Drugs are only bad if they are not sold by a pharmacy..then they are "good".

ryhigh
08-07-2013, 11:48 PM
I feel you, people are dumb lol. They'll bitch about needing more regulation then once it happens they'll bitch about having regulation. It amazed me all the stuff people would say when I was managing this supplement store. The chain is growing extremely fast so the higher ups had us take products off the shelves/ reformulate a good amount of products this past year because of things like this, the DMAA ish, and when the whole Craze thing started. With the ease of knowledge now from technology I just wish people would take time to educate themselves a little