PDA

View Full Version : When Hype Meets Reality: D-Aspartic Acid Turns Out to Be Another Supplemental Nonstar

longBallLima
08-19-2013, 10:32 AM
FYI

When Hype Meets Reality: D-Aspartic Acid Turns Out to Be Another Supplemental Nonstarter in First Human Trial With Any Relevance for Healthy Young Men - SuppVersity: Nutrition and Exercise Science for Everyone (http://suppversity.blogspot.com/2013/08/when-hype-meets-reality-d-aspartic-acid.html)

weekend
08-19-2013, 11:00 AM
I'm pretty sure it works for me. Actually I'm 100% sure...

longBallLima
08-19-2013, 11:39 AM
ive used NMDA with, i believe, good results.

only d-aspartic supp i remember being on is TCF-1, but i was taking other shit too, so can't say

interesting read nonetheless

Freepressright
08-19-2013, 12:08 PM
D-aspartic acid was like steroids... for my bowels!

I prefer NMDA. I believe it works. DAA, I don't know. Most of it ended up decorating my toilet bowl.

Rodja
08-19-2013, 12:14 PM
That kinda touched as to why it wasn't overly effective: age. Mid-20's and under are not really going to get much out of a test booster unless they're HPTA compromised.

WesleyInman
08-19-2013, 05:27 PM
I have been using it with clients for the last year and people love this stuff!!! I have tried it and it increased my sex drive day 1..so regardless, it has "some" effect on people..whether Placebo or not...testoboost by Prescription Nutrition is like 9 bucks for a pack. Certainly worth the risk...I have probably 5-6 clients using it now, who are regular customers for it. Compared to AAS/PH..sure its minimal.

In regards to studies..I usually never give much faith to "studies" there are so many variables, etc..and everyone responds so differently to everything. Bodybuilders have more firsthand experience with these products then any company or group so if several of my BBing friends who are very experienced say something works, and a medical journal says it "doesn't" well I still know it works :)

weekend
08-19-2013, 06:15 PM
i would literally take testforce2 (this is in late post cycle though so...) and go for a drive 10 minutes later. no sex on the mind, already had sex that day. then i'm stuck in traffic... all the sudden boner in traffic with no sexual thoughts and not a placebo because i wouldn't even be thinking about the test force. it took this happening 10 minutes after dosing every day for like a week or more before i realized what was responsible...

O_RYAN_007
08-19-2013, 06:38 PM
i would literally take testforce2 (this is in late post cycle though so...) and go for a drive 10 minutes later. no sex on the mind, already had sex that day. then i'm stuck in traffic... all the sudden boner in traffic with no sexual thoughts and not a placebo because i wouldn't even be thinking about the test force. it took this happening 10 minutes after dosing every day for like a week or more before i realized what was responsible...

Testforce 2... Sounds like fun.

nate3993
08-19-2013, 09:42 PM
Testforce 2... Sounds like fun.

no kidding

h2s
08-19-2013, 09:52 PM
That kinda touched as to why it wasn't overly effective: age. Mid-20's and under are not really going to get much out of a test booster unless they're HPTA compromised.

Isn't that really what test boosters should be used for in general? I always felt if you were going to use them, you are really getting the bang for your buck using it as an assist to your SERM as opposed to trying to rise above baseline.

h2s
08-19-2013, 09:53 PM

Isn't that really what test boosters should be used for in general? I always felt if you were going to use them, you are really getting the bang for your buck using it as an assist to your SERM as opposed to trying to rise above baseline.

O.N.
08-19-2013, 10:22 PM
The study is highly compromised because there just isn't enough information, for example they touched on pre workouts saying the boys had to stop using them....ok well did they? was there a wash our period for at least 10 weeks? did they lie and still use pre workouts during the study period as many guys are addictive to a good workout created by the pre workout supplements.

The other human trials all worked just fine and so it also has for many consumers of DAA.

They also said they got the DAA from a certain US supplement company, does this bring their product into question? was the product tested to actually contain DAA before being used in a human trial? why not obtain it correctly through the proper procedures in which other university studies are conducted for example sigma. Where there is absolute certainty you have 98-100% purity DAA and that there is no fillers in the product either this US company could be for all we know 1g DAA 2g flour.

So many holes in this study you could crap on all day about it.

Regular DAA - i've used it i've had the 30min post consumption toilet blast however it did work for me.
TransSynergy DAA - DAA chelated with calcium + Sarcosine no toilet issues and worked ever better.

Either way for me and many people i know DAA in either form has worked some forms due to key components like absorption work better than others.

Broly
08-19-2013, 10:26 PM
Recently read that DAA usage raises E2 significantly and it should not be used for longer than 12 days. My memory is not the greatest so I will have to double check and make sure it was E2.

I have used TCF-1 and felt nothing but positive effects... didn't take it more than 20 days though

O_RYAN_007
08-20-2013, 05:35 AM
Recently read that DAA usage raises E2 significantly and it should not be used for longer than 12 days. My memory is not the greatest so I will have to double check and make sure it was E2.

I have used TCF-1 and felt nothing but positive effects... didn't take it more than 20 days though

I'd say take sa topical or a mild ai, along with prolactrone to reduce any potential increases in prolactin.

Broly
08-20-2013, 11:08 AM
I'd say take sa topical or a mild ai, along with prolactrone to reduce any potential increases in prolactin.

I can't remember where I read that, it was just the other day... Oh well. I had no negative sides when I used it.

nate3993
08-20-2013, 01:48 PM
prolactin gets raised. fpr even said that when he'd take nmda without a prolactin blocker, he wouldnt notice a good libido increase, but as soon as he added the prolactrone, he was fine

Jelisej
08-20-2013, 03:46 PM
It does work, although not as effective as people think- also Rodja has a good point- it will work better for those with less testosterone- but even they are not going to get serious results. It does raise E2 and prolactin as well, and it possible has sides, which will know for sure in future.
My verdict: avoid DAA. I used to say used it only in pct, but now I dont see place for DAA even in pct.

Old thread from ss:
DAA- your verdict? (http://www.swolesource.com/forum/supplements/107-daa-your-verdict.html)

Cdsnuts
08-20-2013, 05:13 PM
I get good results from TCF-1 stacked with L-dopa run 12 on 12 off