PDA

View Full Version : Rest Days During Cycle

Broly
08-23-2013, 08:13 PM
I'm 3 weeks into a cycle and have not taken any days off... I'm fkn beat.

Any rest day protocols to be handed down?

olddawg
08-24-2013, 06:06 AM
when i'm pushing it i'll still take off 1 in 7 days for the cns

Cobalt
08-24-2013, 08:46 AM
Yeah, rest days are critical even when on cycle.
I'll still only go 5 of 7 days while on, maybe 6 days if I'm feeling it. You need rest.

O_RYAN_007
08-24-2013, 10:09 AM
How old are you? What's your training like? If your maxing out every week you need to give your body rest. I used to be like you, especially on cycle, but I would feel like complete dog shit when I got off. I'm 28 and a powerlifter, with that said, my body get so beat up throughout the week that I need as much rest as I can get.

My training split is as follows:
Monday: Deadlift
Tues: Bench
Wed: Off
Thurs: Squats
Friday: Off
Sat: Strict OHP + assesory work

This split has work amazing for me. I'm still beat at the end of the week, but our training waves really help give our CNS time to recover.

milehighguy
08-24-2013, 10:18 AM
I can't even imagine working out 7 days a week. But you guys are much younger.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4

Broly
08-24-2013, 05:32 PM
I'm 28 and hit every muscle group throughout the week. I also run and do sprints.

I'm going to take tomorrow off and see if I feel any better on Monday.

SoCal-Nutrition
08-24-2013, 06:21 PM
I'm a firm believer in down time, even while ON. muscles are recovering like crazy, but connective tissue takes a beating...getting a tendonitis flair up while ON SUCKS!

Broly
09-10-2013, 07:13 PM
How old are you? What's your training like? If your maxing out every week you need to give your body rest. I used to be like you, especially on cycle, but I would feel like complete dog shit when I got off. I'm 28 and a powerlifter, with that said, my body get so beat up throughout the week that I need as much rest as I can get.

My training split is as follows:
Monday: Deadlift
Tues: Bench
Wed: Off
Thurs: Squats
Friday: Off
Sat: Strict OHP + assesory work

This split has work amazing for me. I'm still beat at the end of the week, but our training waves really help give our CNS time to recover.

I really like this split. Made some slight modifications but still similar foundation.