PDA

View Full Version : Encrypted Email is not safe!

WesleyInman
09-05-2013, 05:26 PM
Watched this on CBS nightly news and looked up the article.

We can thank Snowden for releasing this info.

Apparently the NSA has had the ability to access ANY and EVERY encrypted network in existence.

Doesn't surprise me in the least bit.

ARTICLE:
NSA can see through encryption, including your private e-mail's, says report | Politics and Law - CNET News (http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-57601599-38/nsa-can-see-through-encryption-including-your-private-e-mails-says-report/?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20)

SoCal-Nutrition
09-05-2013, 05:44 PM
and the irs doesn't even need a warrant to get your email records directly from your host.

there is no such thing as privacy anymore

milehighguy
09-05-2013, 07:18 PM
and they will always get away with claiming it's for 'national security' ....

Freepressright
09-06-2013, 06:47 AM
This is why conservatives and liberals need to STFU about which ideology is better and unite around the idea that the federal government is out of control, more of it isn't better and that our individual liberty is at stake if we don't take a stand.

Sperwer
09-06-2013, 07:15 AM
Modern liberals can't get their heads around that idea, though, because they see the State - more particularly their control of the State apparatus - as an unalloyed force for Good ( as they presume to define it for everyone).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m/)

Freepressright
09-06-2013, 07:27 AM
I remember when being a liberal meant that you were against "the man" and that you didn't trust a large government apparatus. I don't know how that has been perverted into an open-armed welcome for more freedom-robbing bureaucracies, more authority, more dependance, less liberty, higher taxes, etc. No one can argue with a straight face that the federal government isn't a gigantic waste of resources and that our government has become completely ineffective. Instead of recognizing that and trying to unite around some basic core principles to fix it, we bitch about who is right and stick up/defend political criminals because they wear the right party label.

nate3993
09-06-2013, 09:20 AM
Modern liberals can't get their heads around that idea, though, because they see the State - more particularly their control of the State apparatus - as an unalloyed force for Good ( as they presume to define it for everyone).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m/)

sperwer. both sides suck ass.

the ONLY things that i can say positive about the democrats is that they're sensible when it comes to equality on gay issues and finally they're becoming lenient on pot.

now that being said, i dont vote democrat. i dont vote republican. i vote libertarian.

all im saying is that whoever would've won on the republican side sure as fuk wouldn't have pushed to extend equality on marriage and finally stop demonizing pot. at least those 2 issues are finally not becoming issues, as they shouldn't be.

what good are the republicans doing though? they're the fukin moral police and it has no place in this world. it's 2013 and a majority of republicans are seriously bringing up the abortion issue? like seriously? what the fuck is that. how about we figure out how to not have a shit economy with corrupt politicians. fuk focusing on shit that doesn't need to be brought up.

but possibly you weren't rallying for the republicans as it may have sounded? this is all in good fun btw. i don't want any of this to sound hostile.

olddawg
09-06-2013, 10:16 AM
I should send an email that I'm gonna bomb the fuck outta the US, see how long it takes them to get to me here in Can, just for kicks. mmmm, maybe in the dark winter months to mix things up a bit.

- - - Updated - - -

I could end up saving Syria's ass if they divert their resources .... .. . . . . .

Macdon1588
09-06-2013, 12:48 PM
sperwer. both sides suck ass.

the ONLY things that i can say positive about the democrats is that they're sensible when it comes to equality on gay issues and finally they're becoming lenient on pot.

now that being said, i dont vote democrat. i dont vote republican. i vote libertarian.

all im saying is that whoever would've won on the republican side sure as fuk wouldn't have pushed to extend equality on marriage and finally stop demonizing pot. at least those 2 issues are finally not becoming issues, as they shouldn't be.

what good are the republicans doing though? they're the fukin moral police and it has no place in this world. it's 2013 and a majority of republicans are seriously bringing up the abortion issue? like seriously? what the fuck is that. how about we figure out how to not have a shit economy with corrupt politicians. fuk focusing on shit that doesn't need to be brought up.

but possibly you weren't rallying for the republicans as it may have sounded? this is all in good fun btw. i don't want any of this to sound hostile.

I would assert that there isn't any real difference between either party at this point. Obama has carried on where Bush left off and even his health care plan is a shitty knock off of Mitt Romney's Massachusetts plan.

The best thing that is happening right now is that the Republican Party is dying because of its social policy hypocrisy. This leaves a void for pragmatic, socially moderate libertarians to step in and change the direction of politics.

Sparky
09-09-2013, 10:45 AM
I wonder if their ability has increased to the level they can crack and track TOR?

As it stands right now, I would not use the regular network for anything but the most trivial and mundane crap.

sent using Tapatalk Forum 2

h2s
09-09-2013, 11:05 AM
Tor has already been compromised this year.

BoneDaddy
09-09-2013, 12:27 PM
Tor has already been compromised this year.

Indeed....

The NSA Can Probably Break Tor's Encryption Keys (http://gizmodo.com/the-nsa-can-probably-break-tors-encryption-keys-1273299782)

Macdon1588
09-09-2013, 11:40 PM
I propose that nothing is outside the grasp of the NSA. I think that long ago, back doors were built into the entire net perhaps at some hardware/technological level to allow for this very sort of thing regardless of the encryption used. It may have been done with good intentions, only to become the means of control that it is now.

nate3993
09-10-2013, 12:08 AM
^ This is true. My friend knows a guy who worked for the main ATT building in Frisco. Back in the 70's the government took ahold of one whole floor of the building. They had the guy come in and wire things how they wanted. They knew what they wanted to do, but not how to do it. What they did was make sure that every call from ATT went through the government'a floor first, THEN through ATT's.

They been at this shit for a looooong time sadly.

Sparky
09-10-2013, 03:50 PM
I do like the statement "the NSA probably" can see TOR encryption. It will not take long for the nodes to update once the information gets out making the network invisible again.

I am certain using TOR inside of a VPN is untraceable. Take it one step further and utilize a virtual machine setup to run a VPN then access TOR and I believe you would be golden.

Just my .02

sent using Tapatalk Forum 2