PDA

View Full Version : Hit a new PR..but at a price

WesleyInman
09-26-2013, 08:12 PM
Figured I would update the forum on my progress, a few guys have been asking what I have been up to.

After the beta tests I did, I kind of cruised in BBing mode...the last month I have been doing SUPER HEAVY lifting, reps of 5 and under more Strength based and Strongman based.

The EPI by PN really gave me a solid strength increase, all my number seem a bit better then previous.

Anyways yesterday I have to say I hit a huge PR. I train "cheat" curls with EZ curls..now mind you I am not rocking or bending way over, simply like in this video...some cheating, but nothing horrible. These help me with events like TIRE FLIPS or ATLAS STONES.

Wesley Inman Strongman Bodyweight CHEAT curls with 205lbs x reps. BW=205lbs. - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etAdN130XT4)

So I worked up to 215 for a set of 5..it felt light, so I said screw it.went to 235x1 that felt light..

So I went heavier then I ever have tried before. 35lb ez curl bar, 2 45lb plates per side, plus a 25lb weight per side

PR=265lbs. I hit this x 3 reps. Bodyweight is 208lbs currently...Huge Huge PR..I knew you guys would appreciate the significance of such a lift...

Anyways I let the weight down and I thought my hands were sweating. I looked down and I ripped both hands wide open, callouses that are dime sized bleeding everywhere.

So I am waiting for the skin to harden, it's too sensitive to cut off yet, but I am going to have 3-4 dime size holes in my hand for a while....

This is a pic of one hand, they both look virtually the same as far as damaged goes. They look sickening as the skin is dying and hardening it turns colors...the pic doesn't really do it justice these are literally "holes' in my hand.

BUT..I hit a PR..Super happy :)

burlyman30
09-26-2013, 08:18 PM
Congrats on the PR! Sorry about the hands! Really impressive numbers, bud. You've been blessed with amazing strength genetics (followed by lots of hard work). My elbow joints were screaming as I read about those heavy curls. Haha.

vince
09-26-2013, 08:38 PM
Damn, congrats! Good luck on a speedy recovery man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

VayneZ
10-03-2013, 05:46 PM
Can't believe I've missed this. That's one hell of a lift bro! Worth the price I would say !!

WesleyInman
10-03-2013, 06:56 PM
Thanx everyone..strength has been amazing as of late, PR's a few times per week.

I actually started MSten at 20mgs ED and it may be responsible for some of my new gains at the same BW..it certainly is giving me some nasty back pumps that is for sure.

Made a new video last night:

Wesley Inman Strongman 365lbs Pause Reps on Bench Press- Bodyweight 207lbs - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=aofaaQKLsvs)

Gonna attempt 455x1 @207lbs..I have hit that before at 220lbs..but never this light..so I will get video if I hit it.

VayneZ
10-03-2013, 07:08 PM
Sick bro!!! Solid and brutal, looking forward for the 455 maxed, that would be insane!

WesleyInman
10-03-2013, 07:16 PM
Sick bro!!! Solid and brutal, looking forward for the 455 maxed, that would be insane!

Thanx VayneZ...always appreciate a compliment from you it means alot.

I will tell you a "prank" I do at new gyms..it is kind of funny but kind of not. I guess I am "crying wolf" in a sense but I never get left alone at new gyms so I do this just to set the tone at any gym where people approach me and ask questions or stand near me in groups and watch me workout..It actually bothers me, distracts me and I always tell people to go away.

For some reason as soon as I put 315 on the bar at alot of gyms, people swarm all over me..probably bc I am not a massive guy. For me 315 is not alot and the guys I workout with, they warmup with my maxes, so training with guys with 5-600lb raw benches, I certainly am modest and know that there are a million others stronger then me.

Anyways, I will put 315 on and do a pause rep. I will hold it for a solid 10 seconds or so..often guys will sprint and I have seen people trip over themselves running over to save the day. I will then punch out a fast set of 10 reps with ease, rack it, stand up and walk away without looking at a single person.

Kind of a "dick" move, but this sets the tone and no one bothers me the rest of my session. It is my way of saying, leave me the F* alone and mind your business. My pet peeve is when people approach me and ask me if I want a spot.

After years of being bothered at the gym, I really have turned into the "eminem" of the gym....

ListenOnRepeat | YouTube Repeat (http://www.listenonrepeat.com/watch/?v=lrBu1VJfA48)

Scope75
10-03-2013, 07:20 PM
That would be some shit to see, and I don't think that's a dick move at all but I bet the captain save a bencher feels like a dumb ass.

VayneZ
10-03-2013, 07:33 PM
When I get stronger I gotta try that. Good one lol

Sorrow
10-03-2013, 08:50 PM
damn hell of a thread going here! Massive PR's torn skin and weight being thrown around!

longBallLima
10-03-2013, 09:58 PM
jesus christ brother.... thats a lot of fucking weight!!