PDA

View Full Version : Bicep tendinitis

burlyman30
09-30-2013, 07:27 PM
Hey guys, I figured I would reach out to the forum to see if there are any ingenious ways to heal this up faster.

Post ideas, phys. therapy vids, etc.

WesleyInman
09-30-2013, 07:34 PM
Horse linament.

Absorbine Jr Horse linament vet, used for horses legs for muscle aches and arthritis.

I use this on any tendonitis with exceptional results. Works better then any topical solution, even blows away DMSO for relief.

I pop 4-6oomgs of ibuprofen 1 hour before my workout and massage this gel in. Its not oily and it takes a dime sized amount to get relief. It doesnt have the menthol effect of hot and cold..nothing better that I have ever used. It's what the guys in Worlds Strongest man and in Strongman in general use.

Can't say enough for it. Massage it in and it also helps healing of injuries as well.

Amazon.com: Absorbine Veterinary Liniment Gel (TWO 12-oz squeeze bottle): Sports Outdoors (http://www.amazon.com/Absorbine-Veterinary-Liniment-squeeze-bottle/dp/B001UK58BK/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1380591261&sr=8-3&keywords=absorbine+jr+liniment)

burlyman30
09-30-2013, 07:46 PM
I always wondered if that stuff worked. Thanks, Wes!

xxiv
10-01-2013, 05:41 AM
sounds interesting wes, I'm going to pick some up today. never heard of it. I'm sure they carry it at the place where i get my horse stall mats.

LBC-83
10-01-2013, 06:01 AM
I use it, definitely the best thing for muscle aches and pains I've used.

Sperwer
10-01-2013, 09:43 PM
Hey guys, I figured I would reach out to the forum to see if there are any ingenious ways to heal this up faster.

What Wesley said. I got a couple of big bottles - one gel, the other liquid - when i was doing the hardcore AR/pilates a few months ago. Get the gel. And make sure its the HORSE liniment, not the weak-ass human version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

burlyman30
10-01-2013, 10:11 PM
What Wesley said. I got a couple of big bottles - one gel, the other liquid - when i was doing the hardcore AR/pilates a few months ago. Get the gel. And make sure its the HORSE liniment, not the weak-ass human version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

3 for 3 so far... wow. Impressive reviews. I ordered some of the gel last night. I hope to have it before the end of the week.

campcoll88
10-02-2013, 02:01 AM
E pharm joint force is some pretty bomb stuff too. Helped get my turf toe under control

Scope75
10-02-2013, 06:43 AM
3 for 3 so far... wow. Impressive reviews. I ordered some of the gel last night. I hope to have it before the end of the week.

Both my grandfather and uncle work with horses and they both use it.
I remember as a little kid always seeing the tin of that stuff around there house. Glad you made this thread because I forgot all about that stuff.

O_RYAN_007
10-02-2013, 07:07 AM
Sounds like I'll be picking up a few bottle this weekend at the Tractor Supply store in my home town.

burlyman30
10-02-2013, 07:42 AM
Sounds like I'll be picking up a few bottle this weekend at the Tractor Supply store in my home town.

It didn't even dawn on me to go to a feed store... I would've liked some relief a few days ago.

O_RYAN_007
10-02-2013, 08:18 AM
It didn't even dawn on me to go to a feed store... I would've liked some relief a few days ago.

Wes was the one who told me thats where he purchased it first.

Scope75
10-02-2013, 09:04 AM
Forgot to mention that when used on animals I remember my gramps and uncle would apply it to the joints/muscles and then wrap it in cling wrap and ace bandage. Think it keeps the heat in and might enhance its effects.
I'll be picking some up this week and damn I wish I would of though/remembered out about this when my shoulders and knees started giving my problems.

xxiv
10-02-2013, 06:33 PM
I got a bottle of the gel today, applied generously to my legs and my right pec, delts and bicep. This stuff is great and my sinuses have never been clearer. Its like a cross between icy hot and tiger balm.

Thanks again wes.

burlyman30
10-02-2013, 10:12 PM
I broke down and went to Walmart to get some pain relieving creme... I found absorbine Jr, so I picked it up and trued it when I got home... wow, that stuff is a bit "spicy"... it makes my eyes water! One feature I like is the fast absorption and no greasy residue. While it gave a "cool mint" feel to the area, It didn't seem to lessen my pain any, which is disappointing. I'll try it again, though, and double check the results.

While I was at the store, I also picked up a couple other pain relief ointments and figured that I would try them out and review them here.

One contains turpentine oil as the main ingredient.

Another contains trolamine salicylate ( same as Aspercreme).

The last one has menthol and methyl salicylate.

Reviews coming shortly.

USN HM 350Z
10-03-2013, 07:02 AM
The best OTC human relief I found was Cryogel. Stuff is pretty good.

Cryogel | Sports Medicine & Pain Relief | MMA Accessories | Mixed Martial Arts Equipment & Apparel from Title Boxing (http://store.titleboxing.com/cryogel.html)

reviews (only a few) Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Cryogel (4 oz.) (http://www.amazon.com/Title-Boxing-Cryogel-4-oz/product-reviews/B00112M36U)

Scope75
10-04-2013, 09:57 PM
I broke down and went to Walmart to get some pain relieving creme... I found absorbine Jr, so I picked it up and trued it when I got home... wow, that stuff is a bit "spicy"... it makes my eyes water! One feature I like is the fast absorption and no greasy residue. While it gave a "cool mint" feel to the area, It didn't seem to lessen my pain any, which is disappointing. I'll try it again, though, and double check the results.

While I was at the store, I also picked up a couple other pain relief ointments and figured that I would try them out and review them here.

One contains turpentine oil as the main ingredient.

Another contains trolamine salicylate ( same as Aspercreme).

The last one has menthol and methyl salicylate.

Reviews coming shortly.
Any updates on this??

burlyman30
10-05-2013, 12:56 AM
Any updates on this??

OK... I haven't tried the one with menthol and methyl salicylate, so I can't comment there.

The absorbine, as described before, gives a fast absorbing cooling sensation. I love the fast absorption, and the cooling effect lasts a long time. My experience however has not been one of noticeable pain relief.

The trolamine salicylate seems provide very minor relief. It neither cools nor warms. The creme doesn't absorb 100%, leaving a oily residue. No odor, either good or bad.

Turpentine oil reminds me of pine oil or tea tree oil. It has a piney scent, but its not overwhelming. The oil soaks in pretty well and leaves a minor oily residue. There is neither a cooling nor a.warming effect. Though not dramatic, this product did seems to alleviate some of the inflammation.

Scope75
10-05-2013, 08:22 AM
I'll be checking out a feed store today and see what I kind find and if the prices are close to amazon/online I'll grab some.

burlyman30
10-05-2013, 08:37 AM
I'll be checking out a feed store today and see what I kind find and if the prices are close to amazon/online I'll grab some.

FYI, Walmart sold the Absorbine for under $5 for 4 ounces. I've probably only used an ounce so far.

Scope75
10-05-2013, 09:36 AM
FYI, Walmart sold the Absorbine for under $5 for 4 ounces. I've probably only used an ounce so far.

Yeah I saw that while searching for prices.
My buddy works at a feed store so I'm hoping to hooked up. Lol
I also need to call my uncle and ask him what that balm I remember as a kid is called, but I'm not sure if it'll fully absorb like the ansorbine does because it was more of a Vaseline type deal.

burlyman30
10-05-2013, 10:09 AM
Yeah I saw that while searching for prices.
My buddy works at a feed store so I'm hoping to hooked up. Lol
I also need to call my uncle and ask him what that balm I remember as a kid is called, but I'm not sure if it'll fully absorb like the ansorbine does because it was more of a Vaseline type deal.

Bag Balm, probably. Good for scrapes and cuts, but not for strains and pain.

Scope75
10-05-2013, 10:18 AM
Bag Balm, probably. Good for scrapes and cuts, but not for strains and pain.

Could be but I remember them useing something for aches and pains.
It might end up being 2 different things since its been about 20yrs ago.

Scope75
10-05-2013, 09:04 PM
Picked some Absorbine today will start using tomorrow when I'm home.
Local feed store had 12oz for 12.5X out the door. My buddy at the feed store said he's used it and knows of several others that use and see/feel a difference with Absorbine. He also said that DMSO stuff burns pretty good but I didn't pick any up. Might go back and get it and even try a mixture of the 2.

burlyman30
10-06-2013, 08:47 AM
OK... my absorbine VET liniment came in yesterday... same % of menthol, but different delivery system (alcohol instead of acetone) and ancillary oils (spearmint vs wormwood)

Its effect is similar, but slightly different. I felt extra "cooling" on this over the other formula. I'm guessing that's the spearmint oil. Both seem to last for hours. Pain reduction? I am not sure the cooling effect reduces pain and inflammation. It does distract from it, though.

Scope75
10-06-2013, 09:16 AM
OK... my absorbine VET liniment came in yesterday... same % of menthol, but different delivery system (alcohol instead of acetone) and ancillary oils (spearmint vs wormwood)

Its effect is similar, but slightly different. I felt extra "cooling" on this over the other formula. I'm guessing that's the spearmint oil. Both seem to last for hours. Pain reduction? I am not sure the cooling effect reduces pain and inflammation. It does distract from it, though.

I also tried it out last night to, and the cooling effect is strong almost so cool its HOT.
I'll be applying it pre workout to see if it makes any difference while lifting.

Scope75
10-06-2013, 06:50 PM
Ok tried it out pre workout earlier today and it seems like it kept my shoulder warmer/ free during my workout.
I warmed up with battle ropes and battle jump rope then I was able to get threw pull ups, chins, deads, squats and DB presses without much pain at all. Now don't get me wrong I still felt some pain but I also think I had more rom without pain.
I'm about to reapply it to my shoulders and going to try it on my lower back too.
I'll keep useing it and report back after I've tried it out more.

Jack O'Neill
11-03-2013, 06:58 AM
Horse linament.

Absorbine Jr Horse linament vet, used for horses legs for muscle aches and arthritis.

I use this on any tendonitis with exceptional results. Works better then any topical solution, even blows away DMSO for relief.

I pop 4-6oomgs of ibuprofen 1 hour before my workout and massage this gel in. Its not oily and it takes a dime sized amount to get relief. It doesnt have the menthol effect of hot and cold..nothing better that I have ever used. It's what the guys in Worlds Strongest man and in Strongman in general use.

Can't say enough for it. Massage it in and it also helps healing of injuries as well.

Amazon.com: Absorbine Veterinary Liniment Gel (TWO 12-oz squeeze bottle): Sports Outdoors (http://www.amazon.com/Absorbine-Veterinary-Liniment-squeeze-bottle/dp/B001UK58BK/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1380591261&sr=8-3&keywords=absorbine+jr+liniment)

Tanks for the info Wes. I just bought and hope it will help me for my tendinitis

burlyman30
11-03-2013, 06:58 PM
Just following up on this.... I've used all the concoctions I mentioned above and when my tendinitis is flared up, nothing seems to help except for not using my arm.

I will say though, that when it is feeling only minorly irritated that the menthol-based absorbine and its tingly feel seems make me forget about the pain.

In the most painful times, I have found DMSO used every other day to avoid skin irritation was better at, but not entirely effective at pain relief.

Jack O'Neill
11-13-2013, 09:25 AM
I just received it today and tested it before workout. It's really great and quickly efficient.

But.....this is normally for horses! !!!

Jack O'Neill
11-14-2013, 03:07 AM
May I use this gel several times a day?

Sperwer
11-14-2013, 06:00 AM
May I use this gel several times a day?

Yep, no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Jack O'Neill
11-14-2013, 07:40 AM
Yep, no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Thx Sperwer it will be useful

Jack O'Neill
11-23-2013, 02:24 AM
Just to thank all the community here to bring me this analgesic product. My tendinitis nearly disappeared. It still hurts me a bit on the morning when I'm cold but all through the day, I feel good!

Very big thanks to you. Glad to be a part of this community. I hope member number will swole as my body :-)

h2s
11-24-2013, 10:40 PM
Just to thank all the community here to bring me this analgesic product. My tendinitis nearly disappeared. It still hurts me a bit on the morning when I'm cold but all through the day, I feel good!

Very big thanks to you. Glad to be a part of this community. I hope member number will swole as my body :-)

:) Me too lol.