PDA

View Full Version : Dermacrine color variance

Freepressright
10-02-2013, 09:24 AM
I picked up some Dermacrine last week to throw in my upcoming cycle and was shocked to see the color of the new gel compound look more akin to the old lotion. It's a very beige/creamy color like how it originally looked; however, the last time I bought the gel, it was very yellow and transparent.

It is worth noting that the last time I bought the yellowed/transparent gel, I felt next to nothing in the way of the usual Dermacrine benefits. I had purchased my tubes from a former PP employee who claimed they were the last of the prototype when they were testing the new gel.

It didn't smell right the last time I bought it either. I think I might have gotten fucked on some bunk Dermacrine the last time.

Anyone else here have experience with the new gel? If so, what color was yours?

Enuke65
10-02-2013, 05:33 PM
Pics? I'll upload a shot of mine when I get home

SoCal-Nutrition
10-02-2013, 05:46 PM
There have been quite a few questions from customers about the color variations in the different batches of Dermacrine. I've noticed them too from the multiple batches from BPS.

I've had many convo's with the guys at BPS about it and they have assured me all is well.

FPR, did you order these from us?

longBallLima
10-02-2013, 06:02 PM
I ran dermacrine for about 2 weeks and it absolutely WRECKED my skin. Never had skin issues, but for the past week, it has been itchy, red, bumpy... benadryl every night before bed now and hoping this shit goes away cuz I have a competition prep to get to.

IMO The risk of this happening alone is not worth the risk of using Dermacrine, given the mild effects

yah i mad

Turbo6GN
10-02-2013, 11:01 PM
I ran dermacrine for about 2 weeks and it absolutely WRECKED my skin. Never had skin issues, but for the past week, it has been itchy, red, bumpy... benadryl every night before bed now and hoping this shit goes away cuz I have a competition prep to get to.

IMO The risk of this happening alone is not worth the risk of using Dermacrine, given the mild effects

yah i mad

I ran the gel approx. a year ago and it made me as itchy as fuck, especially around my neck and shoulders. I ran the OG cream my last cycle and it was fine, albeit a bit gooey lol

BBG
10-03-2013, 12:02 AM

yah i mad

I ran the gel approx. a year ago and it made me as itchy as fuck, especially around my neck and shoulders. I ran the OG cream my last cycle and it was fine, albeit a bit gooey lol

Old gel has a bunch of good stuff like aloe vera in it. The new gel is harsher but probably has better absorption and definitely not sticky/gooey like the old stuff.

xxiv
10-03-2013, 05:28 AM

I'm about done with 7 weeks at 5 pumps with the bps v3 and the only time I have any issues is when I get in in my armpits. There are little cylindrical chemicles floating around in it that irrated me a little but not that bad.
I aso noticed that the derma was highly reactive to chlorine, if application areas came in contact they turned yellow.

Freepressright
10-03-2013, 06:39 AM
When the new carrier was released last summer, I bought AndroEnhance and Dermacrine. The AndroEnhance made my skin dry and scaly. The Dermacrine did not.

The Dermacrine in the v1 gel batch had more color than the second time I purchased it. The second purchase, which was the supposed-prototype batch, was much more transparent.

This batch is creamy like the lotion. I'll post a picture when I get home later today. To date, I have never had a skin reaction from Dermacrine, fortunately.

SoCal, I bought this from PHF when it was on sale. I'll hit you guys up next time.

longBallLima
10-03-2013, 03:09 PM
mine was a bad bad reaction. not just dry or whatever. discontinued the product a while ago and im still treating my skin and hoping that i dont have to use anything stronger than benadryl

Grape Ape
10-03-2013, 04:08 PM
I bout two bottles of the BPS version from NP, and both were different shades of Brown. The first was thick and like a gel. When it was applied it plopped on. Easier to manage. The second was runnier and thin. It would run down wherever it was applied.

Neither worked as well as the original lotion carrier, IMO.

The only skin issues I had were around the armpit area. It would get red dry and peel a little. Only slightly though.

pitboss
10-08-2013, 01:22 PM
I'm using the BPS gel now. Color is similar to old school PP stuff. I'm also getting itchy from the gel. Pretty annoying.

longBallLima
10-08-2013, 03:20 PM
I'm using the BPS gel now. Color is similar to old school PP stuff. I'm also getting itchy from the gel. Pretty annoying.

mine went into a full blow alergy reaction with bumps and shit. i'd discontinue

jovan musk
10-09-2013, 07:39 PM
funny how I tried to sell og pp derm on here and a certain 1 or 2 people bashed me because I wanted 25 dollars more than the bps version. I guess facts are a lot more than words, I guess gotta find the hard way that its not the same exact stuff

xxiv
10-09-2013, 07:59 PM

just out of curiousity...were there crystals in your dermacrine?

BBG
10-09-2013, 08:17 PM
funny how I tried to sell og pp derm on here and a certain 1 or 2 people bashed me because I wanted 25 dollars more than the bps version. I guess facts are a lot more than words, I guess gotta find the hard way that its not the same exact stuff

Not quite, but people with allergic reactions to the second version would prefer the first version. But I doubt it'll go for any more than the current version sells for.

Freepressright
10-09-2013, 08:24 PM
I'm using the new stuff, and I have to say that BPS' current formulation sucks. It's sticky like glue, hours after drying. And my skin is starting to itch like crazy and dry out. The first re-formulation was nothing like this.

Scope75
10-09-2013, 10:03 PM
This is shitty news to hear, and more reason to just get on real gear.
FDA is taking all the good stuff away and what's left can't be trusted.

BBG
10-09-2013, 10:58 PM
I'm using the new stuff, and I have to say that BPS' current formulation sucks. It's sticky like glue, hours after drying. And my skin is starting to itch like crazy and dry out. The first re-formulation was nothing like this.

Oooooh. I see. BPS is different than the new stuff PP came out with?!

weekend
10-09-2013, 11:40 PM
yeah i don't know about dat dermacrine. honestly made me feel really edgy.

finally got me a bottle of the sustain gel. it itches, a ton, but it drys fast and works so much better than the lotion!

Sperwer
10-10-2013, 07:36 AM
I still have a couple of tubes of both the original and the early run of the newer PP gel version of dermacrine. The newer stuff is brown, maybe darkish brownish yellow and very potent. I've had no problems with either but prefer the newer version because it dries faster and leaves no discernible residue. I haven' tried the BPS version, but it sounds like it has some of the problems of the shortlived RS version, which clumped badly and was somewhat irritating even on my flesh leather.

My experiece with PP SA is basically the same as with PP's Dermacrine, and i prefer the gel version for the same reason, even though i liked the smell and emollient feel of the original. Same with SA. I may look into how to make our projected rerelease of SA more skin friendly for those that are sensitive.

Freepressright
10-10-2013, 07:37 AM
I'd just like to formally say, FUCK NEW DERMACRINE.

The pump fell apart this morning on me while using it. The last couple of days it had quit working, and then intermittently working, and metering incorrectly on top of it. This morning the bottom fell off, the plunger went to the bottom and I had a pile of goop on the floor.

How can one company take my beloved go-to product and fuck it up so badly?

Sperwer
10-10-2013, 07:39 AM
Hmm, i'm smelling an opportunity here - although we'd have to do it by reverse engineering some pp samples, as Eric already has given BPS an exclusive on the actuall pp formula

burlyman30
10-10-2013, 08:28 AM
Hmm, i'm smelling an opportunity here - although we'd have to do it by reverse engineering some pp samples, as Eric already has given BPS an exclusive on the actuall pp formula

DHEA isn't proprietary, so all you'd need is a good carrier/delivery system... maybe the same one that you decide to use for the topical Androhard (hint,hint).

Sperwer
10-10-2013, 08:52 AM
DHEA isn't proprietary, so all you'd need is a good carrier/delivery system... maybe the same one that you decide to use for the topical Androhard (hint,hint).

Heh, heh; great minds think alike. Still even though DHEA isn't proprietary, the precise process by which the DHEA is incorporated in the carrier is, and in the case of RS and BPS, it seems, it looks like we're seeing unsatisfactory results from not having access to Eric's formula or failure to implement it correctly. I'm betting my chemists can sort it, though, and maybe also figure out how to add one or two additional goodies to the mix without screwing it up.

burlyman30
10-10-2013, 09:27 AM
Heh, heh; great minds think alike. Still even though DHEA isn't proprietary, the precise process by which the DHEA is incorporated in the carrier is, and in the case of RS and BPS, it seems, it looks like we're seeing unsatisfactory results from not having access to Eric's formula or failure to implement it correctly. I'm betting my chemists can sort it, though, and maybe also figure out how to add one or two additional goodies to the mix without screwing it up.

Sounds like product stability (among other complaints) has been a problem with the current/recent versions of dermacrine. That problem is usually pretty easy to solve though.

Metroba
10-10-2013, 11:56 AM
I am not the owner of BPS but I can post this on behalf of BPS:

"BPS licensed the formula straight from PP and it's manufactured to their precise recipe. PP didn’t really do the gel version before he was raided but he too got the same feedback about the gel based version. The skin issue can be related to the alcohol that is in the topical formula, just like how Formasurge gives some people a rash due to the alcohol.

I don’t want to start a riot with these guys but they need to know its not a BPS version it’s the Gel version from PP and we make it exactly how they gave us the recipe. If they go to our site and click "contact us" and submit a ticket, we can discuss replacing any dud bottles."

jovan musk
10-10-2013, 12:09 PM
I am not the owner of BPS but I can post this on behalf of BPS:

"BPS licensed the formula straight from PP and it's manufactured to their precise recipe. PP didn’t really do the gel version before he was raided but he too got the same feedback about the gel based version. The skin issue can be related to the alcohol that is in the topical formula, just like how Formasurge gives some people a rash due to the alcohol.

I don’t want to start a riot with these guys but they need to know its not a BPS version it’s the Gel version from PP and we make it exactly how they gave us the recipe. If they go to our site and click "contact us" and submit a ticket, we can discuss replacing any dud bottles."

I think that's the point of this forum, what you just claimed is not factoring in that way which all the sides people are getting now was not an issue in the past with pp. Im guessing only explanation is pp never gave bps the same formula. Because you cannot deny facts.

Metroba
10-10-2013, 12:18 PM
I think that's the point of this forum, what you just claimed is not factoring in that way which all the sides people are getting now was not an issue in the past with pp. Im guessing only explanation is pp never gave bps the same formula. Because you cannot deny facts.

The quote I gave you was from the owner, not myself. Again from the owner:

"Eric from PP mailed over everything when he closed shop. Everything that is being used for Dermacrine came straight from PP's warehouse. He had so much inventory that we are still getting through it today and have tons left too."

In the previous quotation he mentioned when PP was manufacturing the latest version for us before he closed up shop, he received similar complaints. Also, please note BPS offered compensation to those unsatisfied.

pitboss
10-10-2013, 02:30 PM

Yeah, it went close to that and itched like hell all day. I went back to my last bottle of PP lotion-based Derm. Now I'm stuck with several bottle of this crappy BPS stuff.

Metroba
10-10-2013, 02:46 PM
Yeah, it went close to that and itched like hell all day. I went back to my last bottle of PP lotion-based Derm. Now I'm stuck with several bottle of this crappy BPS stuff.

Please refer to the posts I made above, in regards to your unsatisfied purchase.

pitboss
10-10-2013, 04:05 PM
Please refer to the posts I made above, in regards to your unsatisfied purchase.

Thanks, that's cool of BPS.

Freepressright
10-10-2013, 05:47 PM
I contacted PHF Supplements this morning about my dud bottle and they informed me they'd get me out a new bottle and contact BPS.

Regarding the new formula - the stuff that's in the most recent bottle is NOT the same or even close to the first batch of the new gel carrier I purchased when PP rolled out the new gel and AndroEnhance. That version of Dermacrine was not at all sticky. This version feels like it is mixed with Elmer's School Glue (no exaggeration).

The second batch of new gel I purchased from a former PP employee. It did not work as well as the first batch of the new gel that I bought, but there was no skin irritation or gluey feeling with either of them.

The AndroEnhance, on the other hand, gave me dry and scaly skin and smelled like tequila.

Metroba
10-10-2013, 06:24 PM
I contacted PHF Supplements this morning about my dud bottle and they informed me they'd get me out a new bottle and contact BPS.

Regarding the new formula - the stuff that's in the most recent bottle is NOT the same or even close to the first batch of the new gel carrier I purchased when PP rolled out the new gel and AndroEnhance. That version of Dermacrine was not at all sticky. This version feels like it is mixed with Elmer's School Glue (no exaggeration).

The second batch of new gel I purchased from a former PP employee. It did not work as well as the first batch of the new gel that I bought, but there was no skin irritation or gluey feeling with either of them.

The AndroEnhance, on the other hand, gave me dry and scaly skin and smelled like tequila.

The current bottle you have now, is it really dark? Are you able to upload a photo? I suspect it was burned or was subjected to too much heat, sitting in a warehouse. With the amount of positive feedback BPS gets on a weekly basis, I'm betting on a bad batch. I suggest contacted BPS and you will be reimbursed.

I hope I'm not breaking any rules, since BPS is not a sponsor. Just trying to help out those that feel they were burned.

Freepressright
10-10-2013, 07:17 PM

I'd lay money that it's burnt. The gel I received before was more yellow and transparent. This stuff is brown and milky, like the original lotion. I already contacted PHF where I bought it. Should I still contact BPS?

Metroba
10-10-2013, 09:39 PM
I'd lay money that it's burnt. The gel I received before was more yellow and transparent. This stuff is brown and milky, like the original lotion. I already contacted PHF where I bought it. Should I still contact BPS?

That NO DOUBT is burnt. A lot can happen to Dermacrine when that happens. Pretty much everything you experienced is a result of this. Please let PHF know, we will compensate you and they don't need to. But if they already have, we will compensate them.

On behalf of BPS, I apologize to everyone who received bunk Dermacrine. Anyone in here complaining, did it all come from PHF? It could be theirs was burnt from getting too hot or it could be on our end and the whole batch might have been messed up. Trying to get to the bottom of this for you guys.

Freepressright
10-10-2013, 09:44 PM
I was wondering what the hell had happened to my beloved Dermacrine. Thank you for responding to me on this matter.

Here's what I received today from PHF:

"That sounds terrible, sorry that happened but you are out of luck! I am only kidding, I will contact the manufacturer today and have them replace it for you, can you let me know your address and which e-mail you would like them to use? I will have them contact you after they ship everything out.

Thanks,
David"

I have not received a reply from them yet, but I sent them my info. I'm in the middle of starting it, so it sucks starting it a few days and then being without it. Hopefully the new tube gets here soon.

Metroba
10-10-2013, 09:52 PM
I was wondering what the hell had happened to my beloved Dermacrine. Thank you for responding to me on this matter.

Here's what I received today from PHF:

"That sounds terrible, sorry that happened but you are out of luck! I am only kidding, I will contact the manufacturer today and have them replace it for you, can you let me know your address and which e-mail you would like them to use? I will have them contact you after they ship everything out.

Thanks,
David"

I have not received a reply from them yet, but I sent them my info. I'm in the middle of starting it, so it sucks starting it a few days and then being without it. Hopefully the new tube gets here soon.

Just received their email with your shipping info. I will get this over to the bossman and he will get me tracking, when available. I'll shoot that over to you via PM. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, guys.

BBG
10-10-2013, 10:16 PM
Good guys from BPS. Not a sponsor, but they carry on the legacy of Dermacrine. Thanks Metroba for updating us on why the dermacrine may be like that and helping everyone out.

Scope75
10-10-2013, 10:34 PM
Good to see this getting fixed up.

longBallLima
10-11-2013, 12:23 AM
just out of curiousity...were there crystals in your dermacrine?

sorry for the delay in the response. there were a few crystals, not a lot though

for anyone who doesn't get better by just discontinuing, 50mg benadryl before bed. this is NOT related to the alcohol, at least in my case. it's allergic, not just dryness

pitboss
10-11-2013, 01:40 PM
Just received their email with your shipping info. I will get this over to the bossman and he will get me tracking, when available. I'll shoot that over to you via PM. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, guys.

Metroba - should I contact BPS directly for replacement?

Metroba
10-11-2013, 06:50 PM
Yes, please on the site under "contact us".

pitboss
10-15-2013, 02:27 PM
So I've contacted BPS 3 times over the possibility that their Dermacrine is burnt or has some other issue due to the texture ( glue like ) and leaves me itchy and breaking out. I received an email back from them asking for pics and more info on the itchiness I am experiencing. I gave them all the info and was told " that's how it looked when it came from PP ". When I explained that their rep described the color as being too dark and the gluey texture not being correct, they stopped communicating. Anyone else have any luck?

h2s
10-15-2013, 10:04 PM
Yes, please on the site under "contact us".

Wow been awhile Met, hope all is well.