PDA

View Full Version : First Annual Swole Source Contest !!! - Rules and Details

burlyman30
10-03-2013, 11:26 PM
Ok, it's time we get this started! I will move this thread into a contest section once the section has been added.

In order to keep things organized, I will make a thread for each contest division. This will make voting easier, because everyone in the aesthetics contest can be viewed together, etc.

You can enter as many of the contests as you wish, except for the weight classes, where only one will apply to you.

We will start this week and have open enrollment in this contest since it is a long one. This allows people just joining the site to enter even if the contest has been underway for 3 months already. Of course, the advantage usually goes to the individuals who have had more time to train. The contest will end the week of April 19.

The contest divisions are as follows:

Aesthetics
Mass
Strength, under 200 lbs
Strength, over 200 lbs

Rules for the Aesthetics contest:

Enter the appropriate "Aesthetics Contest Thread" and post your "starting" picture. At the end of the contest period, go back to your original post and add in an "after" picture. Add in details of before/after bodyweight, and if you are so inclined you may add in bodyfat measurements for the before and after photos. Voting will be done by all of you at the end of the contest. In order to keep the contest threads clean and uncluttered, do not post comments to other people in this thread. Those comments will be deleted. We will have a discussion thread separately for each contest where you can chat as much as you like. You may post additional pictures during the contest if you wish, to show progress along the way.

Rules for the Mass contest:

Enter the appropriate "Mass Contest Thread" and post your "starting" picture. At the end of the contest period, go back to your original post and add in an "after" picture. Add in details of before/after bodyweight, and if you are so inclined you may add in bodyfat measurements or bodypart measurements for the before and after photos. Voting will be done by all of you at the end of the contest. In order to keep the contest threads clean and uncluttered, do not post comments to other people in this thread. Those comments will be deleted. We will have a discussion thread separately for each contest where you can chat as much as you like. You may post additional pictures during the contest if you wish, to show progress along the way.

Rules for the Strength contest:

Enter the appropriate "Strength Contest Thread- Under 200" or "Strength Contest Thread - Over 200" and post video of your 1 rep max in the squat, bench press, and deadlift. At the end of the contest period, go back to your original post and add in video of your 1 rep max in all three lifts. Add in details of before/after bodyweight, as changing bodyweight may affect what class you ultimately end up in. Voting will be done by two or more judges until a consensus is reached. There are two ways to win in the strength contest. First, end up with the highest "total" of the 3 lifts, just as in a powerlifting contest. Second, be the person who has improved the most, percentage-wise.

In order to keep the contest threads clean and uncluttered, do not post comments to other people in this thread. Those comments will be deleted. We will have a discussion thread separately for each contest where you can chat as much as you like. You may post video of your lifts throughout the contest, if you wish. You do not have to wait until the end.

Please direct any questions to the "SwoleSource Contest Questions" thread rather than posting in a contest entrance thread.

BoneDaddy
10-04-2013, 05:18 AM
Thanks for the time and effort Burly!!

Scope75
10-04-2013, 06:13 AM
Thanks for the time and effort Burly!!

X2
These comps should be fun and get some action going on.

xxiv
10-04-2013, 12:22 PM
i'm super amped, i hope a bunch of new guys get in on this.

KAB111
10-04-2013, 01:22 PM
Im in, Im injured pretty good and dont know how I will do but it will give me something to work for and keep me somewhat focused.

Sperwer
10-04-2013, 05:03 PM
In. This will be a great way to get ready the next season's local BB contests, which start in May

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

burlyman30
10-05-2013, 07:58 AM
i'm super amped, i hope a bunch of new guys get in on this.

I hope so too. Lurkers, come join us in the contest!

vince
10-05-2013, 05:53 PM
Has there been a time frame established yet?

burlyman30
10-05-2013, 06:06 PM
Has there been a time frame established yet?

Read the 4th paragraph.

vince
10-05-2013, 06:29 PM
Read the 4th paragraph.

Oh wow my fault

VayneZ
10-05-2013, 06:36 PM
This will be awesome!

burlyman30
10-05-2013, 06:47 PM
Oh wow my fault

No worries, bro.

VayneZ
10-05-2013, 08:29 PM
I might... just might enter in for two contest:
1) Aesthetics
2) Strength under 200 (although Ryan will beat me silly! :p )

But Like I said, I might.

O_RYAN_007
10-06-2013, 09:39 PM
I might... just might enter in for two contest:
1) Aesthetics
2) Strength under 200 (although Ryan will beat me silly! :p )

But Like I said, I might.

Just do it.

burlyman30
03-11-2014, 12:00 AM
Hey guys, only a few weeks left in the contests. Pour on the steam for a strong finish!

AndroMinded
03-13-2014, 02:48 PM
Well looks like I missed out :eek:
I'll get in on the next one for sure!

burlyman30
04-02-2014, 05:56 PM
OK guys... just over 2 weeks left in this contest. Make final preparations and get your "after" pictures taken or final videos filmed. Everything is due by the 19th. If there is a reason you cannot complete it by the 19th, then PM me.

Thanks. And best of luck!

Sorrow
04-06-2014, 06:59 PM
Question, as I'm preparing for a meet and need to limit my max attempts at the moment can I submit a max from 2 weeks ago as a final number? Even if I could probably do more now?

Not even sure anyone else was doing the heavyweight strength contest but could be a good president for future competitions.

burlyman30
04-06-2014, 10:30 PM
Question, as I'm preparing for a meet and need to limit my max attempts at the moment can I submit a max from 2 weeks ago as a final number? Even if I could probably do more now?

Not even sure anyone else was doing the heavyweight strength contest but could be a good president for future competitions.

Yes, you may submit a max from any time prior to the deadline, just not after it.

O_RYAN_007
04-07-2014, 02:44 PM
I injured my pectineus muscle (in the groin area) a couple weeks back. How should I got about this?

burlyman30
04-07-2014, 04:08 PM
I injured my pectineus muscle (in the groin area) a couple weeks back. How should I got about this?

I'm open to suggestions.

O_RYAN_007
04-08-2014, 05:01 AM
ME Bench would be the only lift I could do at this point, but I did that last week. Not sure my vids from this past year would qualify, but I think that's all I have. No worries if you won't accept that.

Scope75
04-08-2014, 05:40 AM
ME Bench would be the only lift I could do at this point, but I did that last week. Not sure my vids from this past year would qualify, but I think that's all I have. No worries if you won't accept that.
I think any new max that you've hit since the start should count because it didn't happen after the end date or before the start.

burlyman30
04-08-2014, 07:46 AM
I think any new max that you've hit since the start should count because it didn't happen after the end date or before the start.

Agreed. Anything you can show us since the very first vid will count.

O_RYAN_007
04-08-2014, 02:15 PM
Sounds great. I was a little disappointed that all the hard work was going to go overlooked.

When is the cut-off date to post vids?

burlyman30
04-08-2014, 03:40 PM
Sounds great. I was a little disappointed that all the hard work was going to go overlooked.

When is the cut-off date to post vids?

4-19