PDA

View Full Version : Tapering letro

pman42
10-04-2013, 06:07 PM
So I am taking .625mg of letro every 3 days. Want to slowly taper off. Do I just increase to every 4 days, then every 5 days? Splitting the pills again to a smaller dosagemay not be an option as they are already pretty small deal with.

Thanks

olddawg
10-04-2013, 08:35 PM
it has a 2-4 day half life I think, you're already at a very low dose, if it were me i'd just stop and do a couple weeks of aromasin and taper that a bit. tapering imo is for when you are at a full 2.5mg (or more) dose per day.

Jelisej
10-05-2013, 07:36 AM
I agree with OD- you are already on low(er) dose. You can do as you said every 4 or 5-th day if you feel need for it,

as for aromasin- personally I think there is no need for tappering with aromasin as there is no estrogen rebound AFAIK, so if he stops aromasin his E2 will return to his baseline- which if I remeber was OK.

pman42
10-10-2013, 11:01 AM
one other question: I am going in for some bloodwork. How long would I need to be free from letro and raloxifene before hormonal bloods are back to "normal" ?

Thanks.

weekend
10-10-2013, 03:25 PM
I'd guess 30 days.

Jelisej
10-10-2013, 04:13 PM
Longer the better, you have been quite a while on letrozole, so it will take longer to clear it out than simple math would tell, plus there are still some peaks and valleys after it clears out.
So if you're justo going to check if your test. and estrogen is going in line than month would be fine, if you're going to do extensive check up, than 3 months would be preferable.

pman42
10-11-2013, 09:35 PM
I take it from that response that letro will affect bloods more than raloxifene. what if i were to be off of letro for 3 months before the test-- what would be the time required for ralox to fully clear and things to return to baseline?

burlyman30
10-11-2013, 10:59 PM
I take it from that response that letro will affect bloods more than raloxifene. what if i were to be off of letro for 3 months before the test-- what would be the time required for ralox to fully clear and things to return to baseline?

Raloxifene, being a SERM, will not actually lower estrogen levels at all. SERMs only effect how the estrogen receptors "see" estrogen.

I'd say generally a month of clearance is good if you are testing things like testosterone. If you are doing more extensive testing, than 3 months is better. The body will not normalize hormonally on a perfectly angled trajectory; it will come back in waves, so the additional time should lessen the likelihood that the test catches you in one of those ripples.