PDA

View Full Version : Test booster after PCT

vince
10-21-2013, 02:24 AM
I've always been under the impression that a test booster should not be run in the down time after your PCT and before starting a new cycle because that time is meant to get your body to naturally produce test. Is this true?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

O.N.
10-21-2013, 03:22 AM
I've always been under the impression that a test booster should not be run in the down time after your PCT and before starting a new cycle because that time is meant to get your body to naturally produce test. Is this true?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Most testosterone boosters are natural and help tickle the right areas to help increase the natural production of testosterone so taking them whilst not taking steroids is a good thing to keep your levels elevated through natural supplementation.

Grape Ape
10-21-2013, 06:13 AM
I'd personallly run them durring pct and maybe a few weeks exceeding. Depends on the compounds used to boost test.

If you run an 8 week pct, then try to use a test booster that can be used for 12 weeks,, or start your test booster week 4, and run it for 8 weeks.

Months after PCT, do what you want. a test booster might not do much if your test levels have settled to where they should be. And if your experiencing low test from your cycle still, test boosters are not the way to go. Just a crutch, not a solution

WesleyInman
10-21-2013, 08:28 AM
I like to have people use Dasapartic Acid once they have partial production once again. I would argue that during PCT using a booster would be counterproductive, and suppressive.

But this is open for debate.

After working in the hospital for years and talking with Endocrinologists, they all agree that getting natural HPTA levels back can take up to 12 months following something as simple as an HRT dosage.

So based on that theory, if someone is going to do a 3month on 3 month off cycle for example. I would argue they would be better off bridging if anything. The only reason I believe someone should even take such a short period of time off, is to give the body a break, clear some receptors, etc..but I truly do not believe one is always fully functional at even the 3 month mark. I think labs would help show this conclusively..but it is not 100% for a fact going to happen, I think we can all agree to that.

If someone is doing say 2 cycles a year..and something like a 6 month break in between, when they come off after PCT, then their chances of having a fully functioning HPTA is more likely but even then it is not for certain.

For these reasons, no matter the time period off, I try to always have someone use something NON-suppressive..even little things like DAA, Tribulus, Zinc, ZMA, or even I have people supplement with glutamine immediately to prevent as much muscle loss as possible, with creatine monohydrate to help retain some volume and strength.

But to each his own..that is the approach I take and it seems to work pretty well. There are various ways one can approach this IMO.

Freepressright
10-21-2013, 09:40 AM
Tribulus, and this is up for argument, is believed to stimulate LH production. If you can get your hands on something like Liftmode's Trib, which is standardized at 90-percent saponins (unlike everything else that's 45 percent or less), I don't think it would necessarily be counter productive to run it during PCT. In fact, I'd argue it's preferable.

I do agree with use of DAA during the appropriate point of PCT as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, maca is a great tool during PCT because it is an adaptagen. It helps guide your hormone production back toward homeostasis. Liftmode makes a maca that's standardized at 60% macamides. Most commercial maca is less than 1% standardization. This is a great PCT tool.

WesleyInman
10-21-2013, 10:15 AM
Tribulus, and this is up for argument, is believed to stimulate LH production. If you can get your hands on something like Liftmode's Trib, which is standardized at 90-percent saponins (unlike everything else that's 45 percent or less), I don't think it would necessarily be counter productive to run it during PCT. In fact, I'd argue it's preferable.

I do agree with use of DAA during the appropriate point of PCT as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, maca is a great tool during PCT because it is an adaptagen. It helps guide your hormone production back toward homeostasis. Liftmode makes a maca that's standardized at 60% macamides. Most commercial maca is less than 1% standardization. This is a great PCT tool.

Sorry I think my post sounds confusing.

Im in agreement with you...i meant a booster besides the ones I mentioned (tribulus, zinc, ZMA, DAA, etc.. I think these are all good to take right after ward or with PCT).. I meant some of the synthethic boosters which are suppressive for the most part.

Although I shouldn't put my foot in my mouth in this post either, I am not saying those 4 are the only options, Im sure there are other herbs and ingredients that assist PCT but I have not listed or might not even be known about yet.)

My bad for the confusion :)

BBG
10-21-2013, 01:26 PM
I agree with Wes that recovery probably doesn't occur completely for a few months after a cycle of any merit. It took me about 4 or 5 months before I felt decent again despite an incredibly aggressive pct (though I didn't use peptides or slin).

Any test shod be okay after pct and before the next cycle.

Avl
10-21-2013, 04:52 PM
DAA has the opposite effect on me....prolactin goes up ( as far as i can tell thats what it is ) to the point that i always function worse on it- for some of us DAA isnt really gonna help...loss of feeling is the main issue there.

hardestgainer
10-21-2013, 04:58 PM
Im personally a big fan of using DAA at the tail end of a cycle and throughout PCT. (i.e. start last 2 weeks of cycle, and run for a total of 12 weeks)

hossam
10-21-2013, 11:00 PM
i use the following all together for PCT:

Animal stak + Animal test for 42 days
Zinc
Vitamin D3

and 2 days a week heavy squats that will definitely rise up your test to the roof!