PDA

View Full Version : Wesley Vs The Cooling Glove method...

WesleyInman
11-04-2013, 11:44 AM
I have always been up for experimentation and being a guinea pig when it comes to improving athletic performance, AAS, supplements and new theories on improving performance.

I am having a prototype of the "cooling glove" made for me.

The science though somewhat new, after speaking to doctors and physicians and some other friends in the medical community, although questionable, seems to have some possible validity to improving performance. I am not 100% certain it will have PHENOMENAL results, but I am willing to see if it has worthwhile results. Body temperature certainly does play a role on various aspects of the bodies performance overall.

Regardless of what ANYONE says or thinks about this, how dumb or improbable it might be..I think I am ready to put this to the test. Would you guys be interested in me doing a 4-6 week test on this cooling glove method once mine arrives and logging it here?? Would anyone be opposed to this, or appreciate that I do this here?

I am thinking in the next 30 days it should be here.

Please read this article to give you a little more brief insight. Thoughts and Comments are welcome...
Stanford researchers' cooling glove 'better than steroids' (http://news.stanford.edu/news/2012/august/cooling-glove-research-082912.html)

longBallLima
11-04-2013, 12:47 PM
You have me very interested

longBallLima
11-04-2013, 01:00 PM
How did you come up with the project for the prototype to come up with the right vacuum/ temperature?

milehighguy
11-04-2013, 01:15 PM
Yes log it here...you have my interest. Hard to believe that dude was able to increase total pull ups by that much.

Also strange they compare it to AAS. Wondering what they used to compare their device to an AAS user.

VayneZ
11-04-2013, 03:18 PM
Very interesting.
I'm just wondering how they would be able to make that into a simple ''commercialized'' for personal use equipment. By all mean, log it Wes!

Jelisej
11-04-2013, 05:01 PM
It does not sound dumb at all, more we explore in all directions more puzzles we can be fitted in a big jigsaw, if there were no bodybuilders/powerlifters willing to explore with AAS and other stuff, today we would not be as advanced as we are, and many people on TRT and with other issues would be much worse off, because lot of knowledge about using hormones/aas comes from these pioneers.
So, any time you want to try something new, and if you log it- regardless of was it success or not we all learn from your experience.
So, yeah, keep as posted, and thanks!

WesleyInman
11-04-2013, 07:35 PM
It does not sound dumb at all, more we explore in all directions more puzzles we can be fitted in a big jigsaw, if there were no bodybuilders/powerlifters willing to explore with AAS and other stuff, today we would not be as advanced as we are, and many people on TRT and with other issues would be much worse off, because lot of knowledge about using hormones/aas comes from these pioneers.
So, any time you want to try something new, and if you log it- regardless of was it success or not we all learn from your experience.
So, yeah, keep as posted, and thanks!

Thank you guys for your support..I knew I could count on Swole Source to accept this experiment, no matter how crazy it seems. 15 years ago I would laugh..but nowadays I am much more open to consideration.

It is not very well known, but in the early 2000's on all the major forums I ran a Winny only cycle for 4 months..intentionally. BW every 2 weeks and then during PCT. I was able to document its effects on all levels and alot of the common usages and information that you see now is actually based on my experimentation. Before that it was unknown how suppressive Winny was towards HPTA, etc.. of course, doing it minus a test base was not the most comfortable situation, but it gave some true insight how an athlete "might react".

For the record, my prototype I designed and am having made is going to have a small micro vaccuum type, however it has to deal more with the temperature for financial reasons. It will use a silica type material and it will surround the Palm and hand, while keeping the top of the hand warm. It is pretty simplistic, but I have ensured it will mimic this thousands of dollar design for under $100 dollars.

The main idea will be to hit the appropriate temperature. This will be tricky, but in its prehistoric stages, I will likely probably have to carry a small cloth type cooler with a block of ice..Cool the apparatus in between sets and bring it to the proper temperature before putting it on. Then adjust for the fact that once applied to the body, the body will heat the apparatus quickly.

I will have to adjust and alter the lengths and periods of time it is applied to the palm.

Granted, stimulation of the palm would potentially bring about more circulation,but then again so would scratching or compressing the area. I am open to all new angles.

The one hope I have is that in doing this it doesn't draw more attention at the gym..Hopefully everyone is like who the hell is this weirdo and goes their separate ways. I am bombarded constantly at the gym..nothing I hate more. Anything I can do to scare people off works for me.

A 20 degree glove on each hand might be a solid start.:p

longBallLima
11-04-2013, 10:39 PM
im having all sorts of ideas on a possible prototype. this sounds boss...

VayneZ
11-05-2013, 12:39 PM
When you have your silica type material prototype, do take pictures!! :p

Grape Ape
11-05-2013, 01:11 PM
This is why SS is top tier.

Real excited stuff, but hard to believe they can compare it to AAS. Maybe just on the recovery front, but I only skimmed the article. I'll come back and read it later.

Log away!

PS: I owe you a PM Wes. I'll shoot one tonight.

Cobalt
11-05-2013, 04:42 PM
While I initially went "this is a load of crap," I kept reading and the idea of cell death once it gets too hot makes sense.

I'm totally interested in how this works. Granted, comparing it to AAS is a bit of a stretch, but who knows.

xxiv
11-17-2013, 01:59 PM
"You have to stay above the local vasoconstriction threshold," said Grahn. "And what do you get if you go under? You get a cold hand."

what temp parameters do you plan to be working within?

I have been thinking up home made plans, both single and dual hand, I figure you could exchange more heat with less temp variance with both hand in an exchanger and help keep from goinf past the vasoconstriction threashold.

Enuke65
02-23-2014, 02:33 PM
Anything further ever come out of this?

weekend
02-23-2014, 07:31 PM
can you repost your winny experiment data?

also interested in this if it ever came thru

WesleyInman
02-28-2014, 01:03 PM
Anything further ever come out of this?

Good question, thanks so much for asking, my apologies for not announcing in this thread. The initial apparatus that arrived wasn't working right, so I had to send it back to be redone. Unfortunately it has been several months and I do not have it back yet, but when it does, I absolutely intend to run it. I think honestly I am going to aim for the spring/summer time to do it, when it is even hotter then normal.

Thank you for your patience :)

can you repost your winny experiment data?

also interested in this if it ever came thru

Hey Weekend, it has been on the forums for years, I would have to go dig it up. Haven't reposted in years. Last I knew it was on MC and PM..that is where it was widely talked about back in the day. I do remember for the most part alot of the information. It was not very suppressive and it was not very toxic at all in the format that I ran it. I'd be happy to answer any questions on it and let me take a look on the forums and do a 'search'. Again, I have just been so busy I can't breathe..not ignoring anyone.

Thanx SS :)