PDA

View Full Version : rx whey mint ice cream

xxiv
11-07-2013, 09:07 AM
with wes talking cooling gloves I started thinking about intra workout cooling icecream.

1 cup milk 8/8/12/ 150
1/2 c cream 40/0/1/ 400
3 scoops whey 5/75/6/ 360
3 tbsp agave 0/0/40/ 180
a pinch of salt
mix well and pour into ice cream maker untill it's set.

total f 53 p 83 c 67 cal 1190
broken into 4 servings aprox. 13/20/17/400

it tastes fucking amazing.

Next batch I will add 1/2 c of cream and a scoop of whey to bring up the f&p and drop a tbsp of agave to bring down the c. I could skip the milk all together and just add yougurt but I don't have any.

LBC-83
11-07-2013, 09:51 AM
Broken into 4 servings? Just eat that shit in a sitting after squats/deads! :)

xxiv
11-07-2013, 10:38 AM
Broken into 4 servings? Just eat that shit in a sitting after squats/deads! :)

yeah, breaking it into 4 servings didn't work out so well.... it is really good, i couldn't control myself.

KAB111
11-07-2013, 11:49 AM
Im giving this a go, i need something to keep me from hitting sugar.

Scope75
11-07-2013, 12:01 PM
Im giving this a go, i need something to keep me from hitting sugar.

Give this a go then.

Recipe: Creamy Coconut Ice Cream (Paleo friendly) (http://www.bulletproofexec.com/get-some-ice-cream/)

I used 60g sweetner and it was just right for my taste.

KAB111
11-07-2013, 02:50 PM
Scope.... I read all your stuff, you and your food, freakin awesome. Ill give it a shot. Ive been off diet, excersise and motivation for 4 months due to injury, just getting back in and I need to get food dialed in again. Thanks for sharing.

Scope75
11-07-2013, 02:59 PM
Scope.... I read all your stuff, you and your food, freakin awesome. Ill give it a shot. Ive been off diet, excersise and motivation for 4 months due to injury, just getting back in and I need to get food dialed in again. Thanks for sharing.
You won't regret it at all.
I made it for the first time last weekend and I can honestly say its the best ice cream I've ever had. It's no carb and the sweetner used didn't spike my blood sugar much if at all.
Also made a low carb pumpkin pie and paired with the ice cream it was one of the best LC treats I've made to date.

http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s408/scope75/null_zps5378f613.jpg

xxiv
11-07-2013, 03:44 PM
You won't regret it at all.
I made it for the first time last weekend and I can honestly say its the best ice cream I've ever had. It's no carb and the sweetner used didn't spike my blood sugar much if at all.

it does look good but i don't think it's no carb. I think xylitol is gram for gram a carb. I'm trying to reel in my carbs, its tough.

Scope75
11-07-2013, 03:54 PM
it does look good but i don't think it's no carb. I think xylitol is gram for gram a carb. I'm trying to reel in my carbs, its tough.

I used a stevia/xylitol blend that was 0 carbs or that's what the label says.
I'd rather use xylitol over agave because that stuff will keep your insulin higher for a longer time than most artificial sweetners or plain sugar. Plus I think it's more fructose than anything so that's even more reason to not use it.

Scope75
11-07-2013, 04:02 PM
It may of been a Erythritol/Stevia blend...
I'll check when I get home.

xxiv
11-07-2013, 04:10 PM
i don't think my wife would let me have stevia in the house because of breaking bad, she really hates that lady. I would also not be able to introduce her to a guy named Dokes (dexter) or Shane (TWD) because shed attack them and claw out their eyeballs. We don't watch much tv so the little she does watch she takes very seriously. Srs.

Scope75
11-07-2013, 04:23 PM
i don't think my wife would let me have stevia in the house because of breaking bad, she really hates that lady. I would also not be able to introduce her to a guy named Dokes (dexter) or Shane (TWD) because shed attack them and claw out their eyeballs. We don't watch much tv so the little she does watch she takes very seriously. Srs.

I don't watch any TV at all so I have no idea what any of this has to do with what I posted.

Only thing I got from that post is your wife makes the rules/wears the pants around the house. Lol

xxiv
11-07-2013, 04:40 PM
I don't watch any TV at all so I have no idea what any of this has to do with what I posted.

Only thing I got from that post is your wife makes the rules/wears the pants around the house. Lol

yeah, and she really hates the stevia lady.