PDA

View Full Version : hCG and pregnancy tests?

weekend
11-13-2012, 12:55 AM
Is it possible to test one's hCG with a home pregnancy test? Did it twice with mine... showed up not pregnant. First time used about 100 IU, second time about 200. Nothin.

Does this mean my hCG is bunk?! Balls aren't shrinking much off 500 test so far, but I don't know really, so hard to tell.

It's corion brand that I reconstituted myself if that makes any difference. 5000 iu to 5 mL.

Infamy
11-13-2012, 06:47 AM
I doubt you'll get a positive on a pregnancy test unless you dump 10000iu in one go on it. Most standard pregancy tests arent sensitive enough to "see" 100iu.

Don't forget pregnant women urinate upwards of 100,000iu.

You could always ask your pharmacist for their most sensitive one (it'll cost $$) and then dump 10000 iu on it. If it still shows negative then it's bunk.

But corion isn't faked to the best of my knowledge so I really doubt you have bunk stuff. It may have oxidised if not kept cold and out of light but that's a different matter.

You know weekend, you strike me as a very nervous guy as almost all your posts are about whether stuff is fake or whether to use 1mg of this or 1.0001mg instead. Too much stress raises your cortisol and your muscle will just waste away you know! Chill out :-)

longBallLima
11-13-2012, 10:04 AM
well, have you removed your IUD???

i kid

h2s
11-13-2012, 10:11 AM
I doubt you'll get a positive on a pregnancy test unless you dump 10000iu in one go on it. Most standard pregancy tests arent sensitive enough to "see" 100iu.

Don't forget pregnant women urinate upwards of 100,000iu.

You could always ask your pharmacist for their most sensitive one (it'll cost $$) and then dump 10000 iu on it. If it still shows negative then it's bunk.

But corion isn't faked to the best of my knowledge so I really doubt you have bunk stuff. It may have oxidised if not kept cold and out of light but that's a different matter.

You know weekend, you strike me as a very nervous guy as almost all your posts are about whether stuff is fake or whether to use 1mg of this or 1.0001mg instead. Too much stress raises your cortisol and your muscle will just waste away you know! Chill out :-)

Very good info.

weekend
11-13-2012, 01:34 PM
Haha, I'm not very nervous, just new at this and want to make sure I'm doing it right. My corion is clearly not fake but i figured it could have been exposed to hot temperatures on an Indian airplane or something... lol.

And this is the first time I remember asking if anything was fake.. In fact none of my posts that I can recall are anything like what you described haha.

Many women on those hCG diet forums test their hCG including corion with pregnancy tests, and they come up positive.

I have read that a pregnancy test can detect as little as 20 milliIU/mL. (A very small amount)

If a woman were to urinate 100,000 iu of hCG, that would likely be her entire urination. I tend to pee about 16 oz, so ill assume a female pees about 12. That's 350 mL. So 100,000 iu / 350 mL = 285 iu/mL. That's only 1/4 my supposed concentration... What gives?!

DJM
11-13-2012, 01:52 PM
hcg is cheap and usually not faked, its often used to pass as hgh, where the pregnancy test comes in handy

on a side, that dude that found out he had teste cancer from a pregnancy test
30-40% of teste cancer variants produce betaHCG

weekend
11-13-2012, 02:05 PM
Yeah, I know it wasn't faked. It looked so legit. Just concerned it may have been exposed to high temp during transport. The pregnancy test seems to work for most on the hCG forums, so I'm just wondering if I should get some more.

Mr_math
11-13-2012, 11:51 PM
Haha, I'm not very nervous, just new at this and want to make sure I'm doing it right. My corion is clearly not fake but i figured it could have been exposed to hot temperatures on an Indian airplane or something... lol.

And this is the first time I remember asking if anything was fake.. In fact none of my posts that I can recall are anything like what you described haha.
Many women on those hCG diet forums test their hCG including corion with pregnancy tests, and they come up positive.

I have read that a pregnancy test can detect as little as 20 milliIU/mL. (A very small amount)

If a woman were to urinate 100,000 iu of hCG, that would likely be her entire urination. I tend to pee about 16 oz, so ill assume a female pees about 12. That's 350 mL. So 100,000 iu / 350 mL = 285 iu/mL. That's only 1/4 my supposed concentration... What gives?!

Heh it's not that simple in regards to qualitative and quantitative analysis. Generally positives are seen around 30(ish) mIU in qualitative(pos or neg). Thats all the little kit test is good for. When quantitative numbers are analyzed it is through serum or plasma. Not urine, from anywhere that ive seen(which is in some high speed labs...)These are where all of these numbers come in. You can't really compare a positive on a kit to an actual blood test. Plus these molecules are quite small they don't take up the entire volume of whatever fluid being tested. That help some?

I guess maybe you are absorbing the hCG and by the time you are excreting it the numbers aren't nearly as high. I'm assuming you are administering the test correctly and such. Infamy probably has better info in this regard.

Mr_math
11-13-2012, 11:53 PM
hcg is cheap and usually not faked, its often used to pass as hgh, where the pregnancy test comes in handy

on a side, that dude that found out he had teste cancer from a pregnancy test
30-40% of teste cancer variants produce betaHCG

Yeah generally a positive hcg from a male UA is could indicate prostate cancer... Although its not used a diagnostic tool lol. Prolly cheaper than a PSA which only shows inflammation in the prostate....

weekend
11-14-2012, 12:07 AM
Yeah generally a positive hcg from a male UA is could indicate prostate cancer... Although its not used a diagnostic tool lol. Prolly cheaper than a PSA which only shows inflammation in the prostate....

HA! i didn't pee on the test. i poured my hCG solution directly on it before i took a shot. like i loaded a slin pin with a little extra to pour on the test. definitely used enough that it should've shown up positive. maybe benzyl alcohol ruins the dye? but the control line worked both times...

Mr_math
11-14-2012, 12:15 AM
Ahh wasn't sure if you pissed on it. Sorry if I missed that, was grilling chicken.

Not sure about the alcohol, isn't there a dropper in the kit? I'd just take 3 drops from the vial. Yeah control means that the liquid diffused through the test strip

weekend
11-14-2012, 01:05 AM
Ahh wasn't sure if you pissed on it. Sorry if I missed that, was grilling chicken.

Not sure about the alcohol, isn't there a dropper in the kit? I'd just take 3 drops from the vial. Yeah control means that the liquid diffused through the test strip

theres a dropper but i don't see why i wouldn't just shoot it in there with a syringe.

the alcohol is in my solution (bacteriostatic water has benzyl alcohol). only thing i can think of is that i should maybe use the sodium chloride sterile water to reconstitute my next vial, test it with that, then add the appropriate amount of bacteriostatic water. still, there might not be enough alcohol to kill bacteria, so it might go bad quickly. not sure.

at any rate, i'm gonna call reliablerx and see what they say tomorrow..

Infamy
11-14-2012, 01:23 AM

The numbers you are talking about are blood plasma concentrations not urination levels. Not the same at all and not comparable.

The women who test their hcg I believe use the whole vial 10000iu and don't dilute to 100iu and test that. Remember women using hcg for fertility reasons use a lot more than men using it to prevent testicular atrophy.

If you want to give it a proper test then you need to drop at least 5000iu on it but preferably more. The ba in your water won't affect the results, but i can see you are the super cautious kind of guy so use tap water to mix your hcg if you are really concerned it will.

So as I sai before you either aren't using enough hcg to test it properly or it has degraded. But I get hcg from India too and if that were the case I think I would have noticed some testicular atrophy after 14 weeks of highly suppressive steroids. I've got zero atrophy. Other guys on here do too so relax!

Call your supplier by all means but I think I can predict what they are going to say so you are wasting your time there! I mean, they aren't going to say, "yes, you are right, it's degraded. We'll give you a refund". C'mon, you are showing you age and niavity here.

Mr_math
11-14-2012, 01:46 AM
theres a dropper but i don't see why i wouldn't just shoot it in there with a syringe.

the alcohol is in my solution (bacteriostatic water has benzyl alcohol). only thing i can think of is that i should maybe use the sodium chloride sterile water to reconstitute my next vial, test it with that, then add the appropriate amount of bacteriostatic water. still, there might not be enough alcohol to kill bacteria, so it might go bad quickly. not sure.

at any rate, i'm gonna call reliablerx and see what they say tomorrow..

Eh it's possible it's the same amount of different. But yeah, not sure what to say and hope the company gives ya good info. As well as infamy's post here too.

for the next vial if you use the other liquid keep it in the fridge for fear of bacteria which will help slow growth and be aseptic as possible.

weekend
11-14-2012, 04:05 AM
The numbers you are talking about are blood plasma concentrations not urination levels. Not the same at all and not comparable.

The women who test their hcg I believe use the whole vial 10000iu and don't dilute to 100iu and test that. Remember women using hcg for fertility reasons use a lot more than men using it to prevent testicular atrophy.

If you want to give it a proper test then you need to drop at least 5000iu on it but preferably more. The ba in your water won't affect the results, but i can see you are the super cautious kind of guy so use tap water to mix your hcg if you are really concerned it will.

So as I sai before you either aren't using enough hcg to test it properly or it has degraded. But I get hcg from India too and if that were the case I think I would have noticed some testicular atrophy after 14 weeks of highly suppressive steroids. I've got zero atrophy. Other guys on here do too so relax!

Call your supplier by all means but I think I can predict what they are going to say so you are wasting your time there! I mean, they aren't going to say, "yes, you are right, it's degraded. We'll give you a refund". C'mon, you are showing you age and niavity here.

just to play devils advocate here, my gut tells me you might be wrong (gasp!) because the testing kit only requires about .1 mL of liquid. and i know that the powder in my 5000 iu vial will not dissolve into .1 mL of water. It's absurd to think that that could happen.

The women i'm talking about are using it for the hCG diet (so yes, they are probably idiots), usually about 125 iu per day, and they are using their diluted solution on a pregnancy test.. at least that's what i've read.

if the test can detect 30 mIU/mL (not sure if this is what you're referring to in your post as blood plasma levels), that's way less than 1000 IU/mL that i have.

also, earlier you said pregnant women are urinating upwards of 100,000 IU! thats where i got the math that says about 300 IU/mL for them. Much lower concentration than my 1000/mL.

like i said, i'm not so worried. but i havent seen many forums get scientific with this and i feel like it's worth figuring out for the benefit of everyone.

Infamy
11-14-2012, 06:51 AM
just to play devils advocate here, my gut tells me you might be wrong (gasp!) because the testing kit only requires about .1 mL of liquid. and i know that the powder in my 5000 iu vial will not dissolve into .1 mL of water. It's absurd to think that that could happen.

The women i'm talking about are using it for the hCG diet (so yes, they are probably idiots), usually about 125 iu per day, and they are using their diluted solution on a pregnancy test.. at least that's what i've read.

if the test can detect 30 mIU/mL (not sure if this is what you're referring to in your post as blood plasma levels), that's way less than 1000 IU/mL that i have.

also, earlier you said pregnant women are urinating upwards of 100,000 IU! thats where i got the math that says about 300 IU/mL for them. Much lower concentration than my 1000/mL.

like i said, i'm not so worried. but i havent seen many forums get scientific with this and i feel like it's worth figuring out for the benefit of everyone.

Your test needs only 0.1ml to work? Really? Most tests I've seen require the woman to hold the test in their stream of urine which would give much more than 0.1ml. At a guess I'd think it would have more like 250ml or so going past it.

I don't know how much liquid you put in the test but if it wasn't enough (ie 0.1 ml) then this would be unlikely to be enough liquid to trigger the test regardless of concentration due to the liquid needing to absorb up the strip completely.

Have you tried using 5000iu on the kit and putting sufficient liquid to trigger the test? If that doesn't trigger it then you know something's wrong.

By the way, I can get 5000iu to dissolve into 0.5 ml. It is possible if you try as hcg should be highly soluble. Although I think we might be going off the point here.

Fwiw, years ago I got hold of some pregnyl, it was legit prescription for a friend so no question of quality or degradation as it had been kept in a fridge at all times. I used 250iu on a pregnancy kit and it was negative but I know the stuff was real. Take from that what you will.

DJM
11-14-2012, 07:10 AM
BLUEBERRIES

they are good for you

Infamy
11-14-2012, 07:30 AM
Mmm blueberries.

Grapefruits are bad for you - too much estrogen.

BLUEBERRIES

they are good for you

weekend
11-14-2012, 07:50 AM
Well, maybe 0.2 mL. I put 10 units on my syringe first time, then 20 second time. Both times the control line showed up though, and I saw the liquid saturate the part of the test with dyes. The test kit says to use a dropper to drop the urine (4 drops) onto a circle. I guess it's legit though. Ill probably just eat some blueberries and call it good.

Just looked in the trash, there is now a very faint line. It says not to read after 3 minutes though.

Hah.

h2s
11-14-2012, 08:16 AM
Mmm blueberries.

Bro, just up the dose of letro if you want to enjoy a grapefruit.

markam
11-14-2012, 08:37 AM
Mmm blueberries.

Seriously? Or are you referencing Phoenix;)

h2s
11-14-2012, 08:38 AM

Haha, I was waiting for someone to ask.

Phoenix reference.

Infamy
11-14-2012, 08:40 AM
I was referencing Phoenix! It's a bit of a niche joke I grant you!

Nothing wrong with grapefruit - provided you take care with your prescription meds on it!

Infamy
11-14-2012, 08:42 AM
But how much should I up it by? Should I use research or pharma? Where can I buy pharma from? What research lab do you recommend? Should I brush my teeth before food or after? If a tree falls in a forest and there is noone there does anyone care?

So many questions! I'm gonna have to pm djm, burly and kippy to find out. Then I'll probably just ignore what they say.

Bro, just up the dose of letro if you want to enjoy a grapefruit.

markam
11-14-2012, 09:11 AM
Do pink grapefruit contain more oestrogen? After all, they are pink.

Infamy
11-14-2012, 09:32 AM
I think they probably do.

Also watching Oprah, Dancing with the stars or buying scatter cushions had been shown to lower testosterone and increase estrogen.

Do pink grapefruit contain more oestrogen? After all, they are pink.

h2s
11-14-2012, 09:37 AM
Also watching Oprah, Dancing with the stars or buying scatter cushions had been shown to lower testosterone and increase estrogen.

This may not be sarcasm.

markam
11-14-2012, 09:44 AM
I think they probably do.

Hate scatter cushions, they just multiply over time for no apparent reason or purpose.

Infamy
11-14-2012, 09:59 AM
Don't get me started! Why do you need scatter cushions on the bed? You only have to take them off each night so you can sleep and then she puts them back again the next morning! What's the point in that??

Hate scatter cushions, they just multiply over time for no apparent reason or purpose.

h2s
11-14-2012, 10:00 AM
Don't get me started! Why do you need scatter cushions on the bed? You only have to take them off each night so you can sleep and then she puts them back again the next morning! What's the point in that??

I actually had to google what a scatter cushion was, and I am proud of this.

markam
11-14-2012, 10:09 AM

Hah, what about 'bed throws', those folded blankets that go on the bottom of the bed. Useless or what!

- - - Updated - - -

SwoleSource, your first stop for bedding information.

DJM
11-14-2012, 10:31 AM

most informative post of the thread

as for the hcg, i just have one question, if you think or know the corion is good, why all the testing.....i posted this 2pg ago, hcg is never faked, and if it went bad, no one source will send more, thats retarded.....jmo, you wasted with the prego testing, a 4-500 hgh kit is a different story if buying from a new source, but $10 hcg i wouldnt bother with the testing

Mr_math
11-14-2012, 11:01 AM

Lol you are lucky if yours puts them back in the morning. Clearly I have more training to do.

Infamy
11-14-2012, 12:19 PM
I just don't do it and eventually she gives in before me coz she can't stand it being untidy.

And h2s, you have a whole world of feminine education in nik nacks to look forward too! You probably think that a candle is a candle too right and should cost a few dollars at most! :-)

Lol you are lucky if yours puts them back in the morning. Clearly I have more training to do.

Mr_math
11-14-2012, 12:23 PM
I just don't do it and eventually she gives in before me coz she can't stand it being untidy.

And h2s, you have a whole world of feminine education in nik nacks to look forward too! You probably think that a candle is a candle too right and should cost a few dollars at most! :-)

Hah, damn. I've tried this tactic before...

Hahaha candles for $30???! Oh but they smell so good. Look it's in a cute holder, that will look good in our living room....

burlyman30
11-14-2012, 12:51 PM
From hcg to scatter cushions and Opra in a matter of minutes. THIS is why I love this forum. Lol.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

longBallLima
11-14-2012, 12:56 PM

Hahaha candles for $30???! Oh but they smell so good. Look it's in a cute holder, that will look good in our living room....

so they ARE all the same, huh?

Mr_math
11-14-2012, 01:01 PM
From hcg to scatter cushions and Opra in a matter of minutes. THIS is why I love this forum. Lol.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I can see a correlation between these topics :)

- - - Updated - - -

so they ARE all the same, huh?

If they weren't we wouldn't be able to talk about it so easily hahaha :)

DJM
11-14-2012, 01:10 PM

just say 'FINE', and do it
mthrfkn candles

have to fkn accessorize everything

Infamy
11-14-2012, 01:13 PM
$30?! You got away lightly! Mine wanted to spend $150 on one candle!! Look up Jo Malone candles on google and prepare to be horrified! I warn you not to look it up in front of your wife though unless you've won the lottery!

For reference, I stopped her blitzing that much on a candle! No way was it worth half that price!

And burly, you know you love a good chat about scatter cushions. I bet your wife has plenty placed round your house in strategic positions for maximum inconvenience!

Infamy
11-14-2012, 01:16 PM
Here speaks a man whose wife does not shop at Jo Malone! You might be rich as a pimp dj but even you would draw the line at the price of her candles! :-)

mthrfkn candles

Mr_math
11-14-2012, 02:04 PM
mthrfkn candles

Hahaha holy shit. I just got In a tiff this weekend, I came in the door and her friend was there they had the kitchen drawn out on paper telling me what they were going to do with the bare wall where my kegerator stands... They expected me to be excited and I said yeah great whatever. That turned into a big deal lol. Figures.

Like my choice matters. Hahaha.

- - - Updated - - -

$30?! You got away lightly! Mine wanted to spend $150 on one candle!! Look up Jo Malone candles on google and prepare to be horrified! I warn you not to look it up in front of your wife though unless you've won the lottery!

For reference, I stopped her blitzing that much on a candle! No way was it worth half that price!

And burly, you know you love a good chat about scatter cushions. I bet your wife has plenty placed round your house in strategic positions for maximum inconvenience!

Ohhh shit. I know about Jo. Thankfully I don't have her candles in my place. But the cabinet in the bathroom is littered with her bottles of perfume..... For layering of course.... Good marketing.

longBallLima
11-14-2012, 03:25 PM
i successfully convinced my wife that wal-mart candles and yankee some bullshit candles smell the same :cool:

burlyman30
11-14-2012, 03:56 PM

For the record, I may be the luckiest guy on this board in that respect. My wife doesn't like foofy crap. She doesn't go too heavy on makeup. She doesn't like fancy jewelry. And she doesn't expect to receive a gift from me for birthdays, Christmas, or even anniversaries. She does, however, talk too much. Still working on that one.

Mr_math
11-14-2012, 04:15 PM
For the record, I may be the luckiest guy on this board in that respect. My wife doesn't like foofy crap. She doesn't go too heavy on makeup. She doesn't like fancy jewelry. And she doesn't expect to receive a gift from me for birthdays, Christmas, or even anniversaries. She does, however, talk too much. Still working on that one.

Hahaha. What a deal.
Talking to much?? Quit while your ahead man. I think we all know how to deal with that one :)

h2s
11-14-2012, 04:19 PM

Mine is actually similar. She has expensive taste in shoes, but she buys them herself, and whenever I treat her to it she is insanely appreciative and humble about it. Now I, on the other hand, have expensive taste in alot of things, like the car I made her promise she buys me in the future.

burlyman30
11-14-2012, 04:24 PM
Hahaha. What a deal.
Talking to much?? Quit while your ahead man. I think we all know how to deal with that one :)

If you've read my "TRT Journey" thread, you should know that for me that's easier said than done. lol

- - - Updated - - -

Mine is actually similar. She has expensive taste in shoes, but she buys them herself, and whenever I treat her to it she is insanely appreciative and humble about it. Now I, on the other hand, have expensive taste in alot of things, like the car I made her promise she buys me in the future.

I'm guilty of spending the big purchases, for sure. One night, she woke up to see me on the couch with the laptop and said "What are you up to?"

My response: "Oh, I just bought a house on Ebay".

True story.

DJM
11-14-2012, 04:36 PM
Here speaks a man whose wife does not shop at Jo Malone! You might be rich as a pimp dj but even you would draw the line at the price of her candles! :-)
not rich, far from it, but the candles she doesnt really burn $$$ on

she can hit the dollar store and run up a $45-$50 bill in 20min, cause we 'need' this n that
its my bday next week, all i ever hear out of her mouth is what she wants on fkn ebay (i shoulda never showed her she can shop online, e3d i get this fkn boxes n envelopes for her)

money wise, its makeup and creams and shampoo and all that shit, besides the usual shoes n purses.....im at fault too, i want her happy, i say yes alot, man her ring coulda netted me some serious hgh lol

- - - Updated - - -

My response: "Oh, I just bought a house on Ebay".

True story.

damn, you trump all our wives lmfao

Mr_math
11-14-2012, 05:11 PM
not rich, far from it, but the candles she doesnt really burn $$$ on

she can hit the dollar store and run up a $45-$50 bill in 20min, cause we 'need' this n that
its my bday next week, all i ever hear out of her mouth is what she wants on fkn ebay (i shoulda never showed her she can shop online, e3d i get this fkn boxes n envelopes for her)

money wise, its makeup and creams and shampoo and all that shit, besides the usual shoes n purses.....im at fault too, i want her happy, i say yes alot, man her ring coulda netted me some serious hgh lol

- - - Updated - - -

Lol. Xmas at dj's house every few days. Just not for him lol.

I can't be too mad, granted I'm not married yet, have the ring in hand though to ask.... But kinda like h2s referred to, I'm like sure, you go ahead and buy that stuff. She works and makes waaaaaaaay more money than I do and did when I was enlisted lol. But she doesn't complain about my time spent at the gym. I had to work to get the kegerator and brewing setup into the house but she sees the bright side of that now....

longBallLima
11-14-2012, 05:21 PM
wife does not use makeup. win.
she is definitely not a big spender, but i am one cheap asshole

burlyman30
11-14-2012, 05:36 PM

lol. Well the difference being that I didn't buy it because it was pretty or shiny or wanted to live in it. I bought it (them) for investment purposes--something our wives would NEVER think of. lol.

BBG
11-14-2012, 06:03 PM

I thought I was the luckiest because I just sleep around and don't buy dem bitches anything.

And I don't have to talk to them.

Winning!

O_RYAN_007
11-19-2012, 08:52 PM

Or you can make the bed and put the scatter cushions all out of place and it looks like shit!!! This has happened to me b4.