PDA

View Full Version : Mike Tyson

WesleyInman
11-14-2013, 10:49 AM
Anyone else here a huge Mike Tyson fan??

Check out this article where he says he was using Cocaine before a few of his fights..it's a pretty good read.

ARTICLE
Mike Tyson: I used fake penis to fool drug-testers and fought on cocaine - Mirror Online (http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing/mike-tyson-used-fake-penis-2785451)

And here is a pretty cool video as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJm9iI9Aan4

burlyman30
11-14-2013, 10:59 AM
Enjoyed the street-kid-to-boxer part of his life story... but his downward spiral was so sad to me.

milehighguy
11-14-2013, 12:02 PM
Used to play Mike Tyson's punch out on Nintendo for hours and hours. Was a huge fan!

Hard to imagine how much cash he burned through! That article doesn't surprise me

Jelisej
11-14-2013, 07:15 PM
I kind of like him, as a boxer- definitely my favourite, I always saw similarity between Tyson and Michael Jackson how both of them were victims of their own personality and were so easily to pick up on by media and certain individuals, easy to bank on their personalities.

hossam
11-15-2013, 12:42 AM
behind the destruction of a great man is a women!

Trauma1
11-15-2013, 07:31 AM
Huge Tyson fan.

Imo, he had all the tools to be the greatest ever in the sport. Many of the so called boxing "experts" will argue that the competition was weak during Tyson's reign; or that his durability to go late into a fight was questionable, but that's a bunch of ambiguous bullshit. I would put Tyson in his prime against any of the greats in their prime; and I'd still pick Tyson. People would argue that one all day long, though. He had a speed and power combination that I've still never seen in boxing since, however unfortunately Mike was also his own greatest enemy in the end. He lacked the mental strength that would have tied it all together. Regardless, his demonstration of raw power and intimidation was impressive to watch. He literally destroyed people before he even got into the ring with them. Nobody harnessed that advantage like Tyson did.

His downward spiral was indeed sad, but it's good to see that Mike is now finally starting to get his life back on track in the right direction. In spite of all his calamity outside of the sport, Mike is and always will be a boxing legend.

-T1

burlyman30
11-15-2013, 09:07 AM
I always scratched my head when commentators might say something about "he doesn't have the endurance to go 10 rounds" or something like that. What the heck does it matter when you knock them out by round 2??? Isn't dominating your opponent the whole point of boxing?? He had a pit bull demeanor combined with crazy powerful jaw-breaking punches. The fights were exciting... but really short. Lol

Trauma1
11-15-2013, 10:10 AM
I always scratched my head when commentators might say something about "he doesn't have the endurance to go 10 rounds" or something like that. What the heck does it matter when you knock them out by round 2??? Isn't dominating your opponent the whole point of boxing?? He had a pit bull demeanor combined with crazy powerful jaw-breaking punches. The fights were exciting... but really short. Lol

I completely agree, burly. It was their impression that Tyson would punch himself out if someone could go the distance with him. His approach of pure intimidation combined with raw speed/power was dynamic and jaw-dropping; just the approach I would take in pursuit of the crown of the greatest heavyweight fighter ever. In some of his uppercut knockouts, he literally lifted people off their feet that were significantly bigger than he was. His defensive skills are often overlooked as well, but in terms of boxing skill sets mike was very balanced.

DJM
11-15-2013, 11:07 AM
loved him
sport misses that type of personna badly

incredible fighter that became transcendant

nate3993
11-15-2013, 11:19 AM
Not into sports, especially not boxing, BUT Tyson sure is quite the character. Anyone here stern fans? He was on this week talking about his new book. First time in a long time I'm actually thinking about buying a book to read for leisure haha. Has a lot of interesting things to say and his book absolutely bares EVERYTHING. It's no wonder he grew up to be so fuked up. But he def is making a serious conscious effort to change himself. That I truly believe man.

He would sleep in the same bed as his mom til he was 15 and she even once was having sex with a man while he just laying on the other side of the bed. Now THATS some fuked up shit. Interesting fact though right? Stern is THE greatest interviewer and I don't think we're gonna see anyone like him come around again.

Turbo6GN
11-15-2013, 03:51 PM
Not into sports, especially not boxing, BUT Tyson sure is quite the character. Anyone here stern fans? He was on this week talking about his new book. First time in a long time I'm actually thinking about buying a book to read for leisure haha. Has a lot of interesting things to say and his book absolutely bares EVERYTHING. It's no wonder he grew up to be so fuked up. But he def is making a serious conscious effort to change himself. That I truly believe man.

He would sleep in the same bed as his mom til he was 15 and she even once was having sex with a man while he just laying on the other side of the bed. Now THATS some fuked up shit. Interesting fact though right? Stern is THE greatest interviewer and I don't think we're gonna see anyone like him come around again.

The HBO documentary "Tyson" is just awesome. They show him training at 14-15 years old, he was an absolute savage who could have whipped the ass of 99% of the grown men out there. When you boil him down he is just a kid in desperate need of a father figure. When Cuss D'amato died his downward spiral quickly started.