PDA

View Full Version : Really BAD foot ordor

Cobalt
11-19-2013, 07:25 PM
Any one else suffer from bad foot odor after a long workout? My gym shoes smell horrible after a couple hours, and leaving them in the car is deadly.
My dogs won't even touch them and they are notorious for chewing on shoes.

Just looking for advice or help to bring the stench down to a legal level...

Edit:
Title should read 'odor'
I'm a genius.

Jelisej
11-19-2013, 07:41 PM
Sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) works for majority of people- sprinkle it before wearing shoes.

weekend
11-19-2013, 08:15 PM
if the bicarbonate doesnt work, try putting selenium sulfide shampoo on the feet daily, then spray feet with diluted peppermint oil (or use gold bond medicated powder)

buy new shoes and socks as well to prevent transfer of the offending bacteria or fungi.

milehighguy
11-19-2013, 08:29 PM
^^^ def need new shoes and socks

Cobalt
11-19-2013, 09:59 PM
Baking soda seems like a good idea, never heard of the shampoo idea, may have to try that out.

weekend
11-20-2013, 02:22 AM
The peppermint or some essential oil extract will help a ton as well. Selenium sulfide is really good at killing fungus and bacteria and the sulfur is good for the skin.

- - - Updated - - -

I actually recommend doing the baking soda and selenium sulfide and the essential oil, for 2 weeks then just drop back to essential oils and baking soda. And that's when you get new shoes and socks. That way everything will be dead before you get new footwear.