PDA

View Full Version : PCT vs cruising.

weekend
11-26-2013, 09:38 PM
A note: this is not about me, I would never consider doing what I am asking about.

A friend of mine is running a 16 week tren ace test e anadrol dbol cycle.

He wants to run pct for 4 weeks, off for 4 more then get back on test and deca. He plans to do long cycles 3 times in the next year. I told him he is spinning his wheels and should just blast n cruise for a year.

What are your thoughts?

burlyman30
11-26-2013, 09:41 PM
A note: this is not about me, I would never consider doing what I am asking about.

He wants to run pct for 4 weeks, off for 4 more then get back on test and deca. He plans to do long cycles 3 times in the next year. I told him he is spinning his wheels and should just blast n cruise for a year.

What are your thoughts?

I'd tend to agree with you. Hcg along with the blast/cruise with a clear exit strategy to pct by a certain time.

Sperwer
11-26-2013, 10:46 PM
Let's take this a step farther. How would it work for guys like us on TRT anyway.

burlyman30
11-26-2013, 10:52 PM
Let's take this a step farther. How would it work for guys like us on TRT anyway.

Depends... for me "cruise" is TRT + 75-150mg of something, whether tren or deca, and sometimes nothing. Blast would be 300+ of tren or 500+ of deca.

I'm right in the middle as of now... calling it cruise+.

milehighguy
11-26-2013, 10:57 PM
I don't get it...what does he think he will get out of that 8 weeks between cycles? If he is really running all 4 compounds then 4 weeks pct and another 4 week break probably wouldn't do much in the way of recovery. Blast and cruise makes more sense and I don't think it takes a ton of experience to make that conclusion.

Cobalt
11-26-2013, 10:58 PM
It would be pointless for him to run PCT for only 4 weeks and then take another 4 off after that cycle. His system wouldn't be nearly recovered enough.

Doing so would put him going into a cycle with an already suppressed system, resulting in full shutdown even faster on the next cycle.

IMO, it would be best to just take off more time between the cycles, I.E. time on = time off.

Unless, he just wants to trash his system, then there isn't a problem.

longBallLima
11-27-2013, 02:27 AM
is this guy a competitor or anything of the sort? how old? being that it seems like you wanna offer him advice, is there any reason you wouldn't advise him to do a more traditional approach in cycling and taking proper time off?

h2s
11-27-2013, 08:43 AM
Just B/C....coming off to go back on is pointless, imo.

Honestly I think most would benefit from B/C if they handled it correctly. Unfortunately most can't be responsible with it and for them cycling is better.

Jelisej
11-27-2013, 05:03 PM

What are your thoughts?

He could do 104 week cycle, at least it would make things easier.

ExtraZeus
11-28-2013, 10:33 AM
so what are the chances of making a full recovery after B/C for a year?

weekend
11-28-2013, 02:41 PM
Thanks for all the replies guys. He's 2 years older than me and thinks he knows more, so won't listen.. He thinks he is doing himself a favor by taking time off.

He has done about 10 cycles and is still having trouble cracking 185. At 6 feet. He's married and doesn't have time to be competing, I think he just wants to juice?I worked out with him and showed him proper squat form he had to drop the weight to 95 lbs to do it right...

He's not going to listen but on the forum where he resides everyone flamed me because I said he should blast and cruise.

- - - Updated - - -

His upper body looks pretty good. But he thinks barbell pullovers are going to give him big lats, he refuses to buy a pullup bar (he works out in his apartment)

- - - Updated - - -

Also very interested in Zeus' question

weekend
11-28-2013, 02:43 PM
I told him to wait 4 months minimum before cycling but he doesn't seem to care lol. He once ran 3 cycles in a row of test e and anadrol.. 12 weeks on/ 4 weeks pct/ repeat. Only estrogen control being Nolva lol

Jelisej
11-28-2013, 06:40 PM
so what are the chances of making a full recovery after B/C for a year?

Well, my previous answer was a cynicism,
and to answer your question-
first- a year long run (or number of short cycles without enough time off) is nonsense- as there is mechanism in hypothalamus that kicks in and basically at some point gains are not happening, or they are not worthwhile. Same thing was noted by the greedy farmers who realised that stuffing cows with 'roids does not pay off...

I cannot tell you more about mechanism of regulation in hypothalamus- I'm not sure if anyone can, as lot of these things are mystery and not explored enough.

As for recovery after one year? Who knows? There is always some "damage" done to testicles even with use of HCG, but how much it depends, usually it is minor.
Also how hypothalamus-pituary will fare is question....
And another- one year cycle would put lot of strain on other parts of endocrine system and there may be problem, and if there is it will also result in low testoterone and muscle wasting...

Usually people who been a year on TRT recover to similar numbers, usually slightly less (and then usually after while they go back on TRT)- but year on TRT and a year on cycle is not same thing...

burlyman30
11-28-2013, 07:46 PM
After you gave more information on your friend, I'd have to say he should just do creatine and cross fit. Sounds like an idiot. 10 cycles under his belt and he is 6' and 185?? He obviously has zero idea what he is doing, yet he already thinks he knows everything. Wash your hands of this guy, walk away, and let him be a product of his own bad judgement.

weekend
11-28-2013, 10:16 PM
Heh, I feel bad for him so I try to help.

Crossfire is not what he should do, he doesn't eat shit so he's super lean.

His upper body looks close to mine but just not as much size. And legs are tiny!

I will let him do what he wants.

DJM
11-29-2013, 03:22 PM
fuck it
oral tren and thg 5g a day