PDA

View Full Version : Will showing this to wifey make a difference?

Sperwer
11-27-2013, 02:34 AM
https://www.facebook.com/SuppVersity/posts/674809179217902

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

burlyman30
11-27-2013, 07:15 AM
Nope

h2s
11-27-2013, 08:44 AM
Nope

I'll sign to that.

burlyman30
11-27-2013, 08:56 AM
She may, however, increase the life insurance policy.

O_RYAN_007
11-27-2013, 09:05 AM
Women don't care about our needs, all they care about is themselves. But boy oh boy, if we don't take their needs into consideration we're in hot water. Don't get married guys!

burlyman30
11-27-2013, 09:36 AM
Women don't care about our needs, all they care about is themselves. But boy oh boy, if we don't take their needs into consideration we're in hot water. Don't get married guys!

Aren't you newly married? Lol.

milehighguy
11-27-2013, 10:41 AM

LMAO

You got that straight. Can't endorse the don't get married piece but knowing this going in would have helped.

longBallLima
11-27-2013, 11:06 AM
Murder by blue balls

O_RYAN_007
11-27-2013, 11:15 AM
Aren't you newly married? Lol.

Yup, but I can get the jest of what woman are all about even being newly married. My parents have also been married for about 30 years, so I have also heard my dad bitch quite a bit, LOL!

Cobalt
11-27-2013, 11:20 AM
So much truth and accuracy in this topic, LOL.

burlyman30
11-27-2013, 12:15 PM
Just had my 21st anniversary last week. I gave her a card when she woke up and she looked at me puzzled and said "is it this week?" I posted a nice message in FB for her to see that day. I served up a delicious steak dinner with veggies sauteed in butter.

She ate it without saying thank you, and was more interested in what was on her phone than having a conversation. Sex? Umm, not even remotely on the menu. I was just glad she went to bed early.

This was poor behavior, even for her, and I went to bed shaking my head in confusion. But I shook it off, knowing she has a lot on her plate at work right now and is under a lot of stress. I guess that's how I've stayed married so long. Lol.

Benjamin Franklin once said "Before marriage, keep your eyes wide open. After marriage, keep your eyes half closed." Pretty good advice, I'd say.

milehighguy
11-27-2013, 12:25 PM
O'Ryan...kids are a blessing for sure but also add a level of complexity to what you've stated already! The cool part is that kids are very simple compared to the chick in my opinion.

Burly...that is kinda crazy cause had you not done all those things you could potentially be considered 'not caring' about your anniversary.

burlyman30
11-27-2013, 12:34 PM
Love is... thinking about killing her, but deciding not to.

Sounds horrible, I know, but if you've been in a relationship long enough, you too will make that decision. Lol

O_RYAN_007
11-27-2013, 02:00 PM
I'm very vocal about my feelings and she know what I need, yet she doesn't seem to ever truly care. I do all the "Great guy" stuff like post amazing facebook comments on her page, I shower with her with love day in and day out, I cook, clean, kiss her, and I am affectionate with her. But I get very little back, I guess my first post was me just being a little pissed from one of our earlier arguments from the week. I love this woman to death, but it's just very hard for me to take the Burly approach. I won't be taking that approach anytime soon. I'm a young buck, and we're pretty much newly weds, this shouldn't be happening. If I was an A$$hole, didn't clean, cook, or help with handy man stuff around the house, I guess I could expect what I'm getting now, but I just don't feel I'm getting my fair piece of the pizza.

ryhigh
11-27-2013, 02:13 PM
Dammed if you do, dammed if you don't lol. Ive never been married so no experience there, I was engaged earlier this year... but well that didn't last haha. Glad im young, moved from LA to Vegas so im sure ill be fine

burlyman30
11-27-2013, 02:22 PM
Its pretty common for women to work toward getting the ring on their finger, but their not always so good at doing those things once the ring is on. But to be fair, the same thing often happens with guys.

Best thing I have going for me is my wife and I are good friends, and someone worth "doing life" with. So while I call her on some stuff, I let other stuff roll off my shoulder, because that's what a good friend does. That foundation has gotten us through some pretty rough times. At year 6, I wasn't sure we'd make it. 7 year itch came a year early and needed scratching.

ryhigh
11-27-2013, 02:49 PM
The Wise Words of Burly

studog
11-27-2013, 08:42 PM

Ryan has summed this topic up in three small sentences, you sir are a got damn genius.

Jelisej
11-27-2013, 09:03 PM
https://www.facebook.com/SuppVersity/posts/674809179217902

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

You may be better of showing it to one of your female bb friends, or neighbours.

hardestgainer
11-27-2013, 11:01 PM
I suppose you could try this
http://i42.tinypic.com/2qb9nap.jpg

surprisingly Ive gotten better than expected feedback from it lol

Kinda sad seeing some of these comments, but I know how you guys feel. A year ago I backed out of my engagement because I started to realize things that just werent gonna work, its amazing that people can change once they get that ring they really wanted.

Now Im 24 and dating 18 and 19 year old college girls making up for all that lost time :cool:

Turbo6GN
11-28-2013, 01:26 AM

Kinda sad seeing some of these comments, but I know how you guys feel. A year ago I backed out of my engagement because I started to realize things that just werent gonna work, its amazing that people can change once they get that ring they really wanted.

Now Im 24 and dating 18 and 19 year old college girls making up for all that lost time :cool:

Kudos to you for knowing it wasn't going to work. I see waaaay too many dudes get tied up in shit marriages because they feel like they have to commit, even though deep down they know it has no chance of lasting. They try way too hard to convince themselves they are in love.

longBallLima
11-28-2013, 05:28 AM

you dont know your girlfriend till she's your fiancee
you dont know your fiancee till she's your wife
you dont know your wife till she's your ex-wife

- - - Updated - - -

burlyman30
11-28-2013, 08:59 AM

Haha... lots of truth here... and I don't really want to get to know my wife that well.

weekend
11-28-2013, 02:54 PM
Fuckin A, maybe I'll never get married lol

Been with my girlfriend for 6 years now, everything is sweet. If I never give her a ring, will she keep bangin?

ryhigh
11-29-2013, 01:25 PM

Well glad im not the only one who got engaged that young lol. Idk about the 18-19 year olds tho. Im having fun with little older women this time around

Turbo6GN
11-29-2013, 01:33 PM
Well glad im not the only one who got engaged that young lol. Idk about the 18-19 year olds tho. Im having fun with little older women this time around

Good man!! Find some broad with a few miles on her, no games, doesn't want your phone number, maybe you'll get a finger in your butt, who knows???

But I digress...That's one thing that really stands out when I travel to the US is how freakin young the guys and gals are getting married, especially in the South. No wonder the divorce rate is so high. My buddy played pro hockey in Alabama and said that there were no women around as most were already married at 19, 20, 21 yrs old, the ol' high school sweetheart thing. Wacky stuff.

ryhigh
11-29-2013, 02:23 PM
Good man!! Find some broad with a few miles on her, no games, doesn't want your phone number, maybe you'll get a finger in your butt, who knows???

But I digress...That's one thing that really stands out when I travel to the US is how freakin young the guys and gals are getting married, especially in the South. No wonder the divorce rate is so high. My buddy played pro hockey in Alabama and said that there were no women around as most were already married at 19, 20, 21 yrs old, the ol' high school sweetheart thing. Wacky stuff.

Hahaha my butt is a one way valve. Everyone has kids so young in the south, that probably contributes to the marriage rate. Ive spent a good amount of time in Kentucky this year and it was amazing how many young girls were pregnant. Shit was redic..

But yeah stupid mistake on my part, gotta live up the rest of my 20's before I commit again. You live and learn, and I want that damn engagement ring back so I can pawn that shit and buy a new dirt bike haha