PDA

View Full Version : Acne increasing while on Clomid

Freepressright
11-27-2013, 09:29 AM
I'm running pharmaceutical-grade Clomid (Fertomid 50) for my PCT, along with topical Sustain Alpha, and I'm breaking out on my face and my back. Anyone else have this experience?

This morning I set aside some Sustain Alpha to be applied directly to the acne sites, seeing what an effective acne fighter the stuff is when used locally. It seems to me the emergence of acne would suggest increased test production. Am I off base in my analysis?

Cobalt
11-27-2013, 11:18 AM
I typically have acne flare up in PCT, not sure why though. I stay really clean and clear while on cycle, even at 500+ mg of test a week.

Natural test production could be a reason for the acne. Synthetic vs natural could make a difference.

h2s
11-27-2013, 11:32 AM
I generally get mild flair ups in PCT and I don't typically get them while on (even test). My guess is the testosterone increase from the Clomid is slightly upsetting hormone balance causing excess oil production.

burlyman30
11-27-2013, 01:34 PM
I think there are two possible factors. 1) Increased oil production from higher testosterone, and 2) Hormone imbalances in the midst of trying to get back to hormonal homeostasis.

Women get more acne around the time of their period because of hormonal shifts. I would tend to think this is the driving factor in your case.

Jelisej
11-27-2013, 05:01 PM
I'm not sure if testosterone causes acne, Estrogen and DHT definitely do, some other hormones as well. Maybe is time to add an AI? I mean proper one not SA.
Also tea tree soap can help with acne.

weekend
11-28-2013, 02:56 PM
Tea tree causes gyno.

Also I think estrogen is the major culprit for acne, add an aromatase inhibitor.

I would never cycle without retin A and accutane on hand. A couple pills of accutane can get me through a whole cycle.

I cycle to look good so it's not worth it to let acne make me look bad ha

Jelisej
11-28-2013, 05:58 PM
Little bit of tea tree soap should not cause too much issues, especially if he's using AI, even tough I dont think thats an gyno- it just that nipples are very sensitive to lot of stuff and they react and when you stop it- problem is gone, I get that with lot of topical gels and I dont mean on ph's.

burlyman30
11-30-2013, 12:04 AM
On the discussion of estrogen and acne...

Many women go on birth control as teens in order to control acne. One of birth control's main ingredients is estradiol. Which leads me back to the theory of hormonal imbalance as the culprit. Everyone's body is different and will have a different set-point for hormonal normalcy. Upset that balance and lots of things occur, with acne being one of the more minor issues.