PDA

View Full Version : SHBG and gains

weekend
12-06-2013, 01:49 PM
will higher SHBG reduce gains from a cycle?

came across a study showing that SHBG is raised when ralox is used, don't want to be cheating myself by using ralox this whole cycle... :/

ryhigh
12-06-2013, 01:51 PM
Why are you using it the whole cycle?

weekend
12-06-2013, 02:00 PM
don't want gyno to get worse.

using prami aromasin ralox masteron all the way through. it's working, on tren it has shrank very minimally or stayed the same. before tren with just test and mast and var it was shrinking noticeably. at this point i am happy with it but would be pissed if i saw it return to how it was.

if you look at my contest pics you can actually see the gyno poking out on my right side cause of that pec being flexed, if i took the same pic it would no longer be visible

prami went up for tren though and will go back down before going back up again for PCT.

ryhigh
12-06-2013, 02:15 PM
Oh ok I see, idk I haven't seen many people run it throughout a whole cycle. Ive personally never had to use it the duration of a cycle, Asin and/or Mast has always been enough to combat it for me. Ive only used ralox after it had formed. In for answers tho

weekend
12-06-2013, 02:36 PM
Oh ok I see, idk I haven't seen many people run it throughout a whole cycle. Ive personally never had to use it the duration of a cycle, Asin and/or Mast has always been enough to combat it for me. Ive only used ralox after it had formed. In for answers tho

i just ran it right from the get go, not sure if i need it. i suspect it is the least effective of the 3 things i am running that combat gyno.

Jelisej
12-06-2013, 05:01 PM
With all this androgens, I have serious doubts that your SHBG will be high, probably will be reduced close to zero- if not zero.

weekend
12-06-2013, 05:52 PM
Ah. I don't understand SHBG jel, would I have better gains if it were higher?

Jelisej
12-06-2013, 06:17 PM
Ok-1. Anabolic hormones generally reduce SHBG. These include testosterone, DHEA, insulin, DHT, and growth hormone.
2. Thyroid hormone (T3 mainly) , Estrogens, and Progesterone (by increasing estrogen receptors/sensitivity), increase SHBG.
In the absence of insulin resistance, the most common other cause of low SHBG is a very high level of other anabolic hormones

Basically downside of high SHBG is that it basically makes hormones unavailable- as they are bound by SHBG and floating in blood (there are research that say that testosterone bound by SHBG has its own receptors and it may have some effect but all evidence says that that effect is not really noticable)
basically free hormones are one doing most of hard work- so if SHBG goes high there will be less effect

Low SHBG has its own dangers- with low SHBG testosterone is free, but is also E2 and for "gyno sensitive people" (if that category really exist) are likely to earn themselves gyno if not controling E2 properly

weekend
12-06-2013, 06:40 PM
Ok-1. Anabolic hormones generally reduce SHBG. These include testosterone, DHEA, insulin, DHT, and growth hormone.
2. Thyroid hormone (T3 mainly) , Estrogens, and Progesterone (by increasing estrogen receptors/sensitivity), increase SHBG.
In the absence of insulin resistance, the most common other cause of low SHBG is a very high level of other anabolic hormones

Basically downside of high SHBG is that it basically makes hormones unavailable- as they are bound by SHBG and floating in blood (there are research that say that testosterone bound by SHBG has its own receptors and it may have some effect but all evidence says that that effect is not really noticable)
basically free hormones are one doing most of hard work- so if SHBG goes high there will be less effect

Low SHBG has its own dangers- with low SHBG testosterone is free, but is also E2 and for "gyno sensitive people" (if that category really exist) are likely to earn themselves gyno if not controling E2 properly

thanks bud. i had read some theories about shbg being required to transport androgens to their target tissues, and that low shbg = bad for gains.

good to have that cleared up

Jelisej
12-06-2013, 06:48 PM
Well, the potential problem is that for example testosterone without SHBG has relatively short life and probably other AAS- so it is possible that some gear can metabolised before it exerts its effect- but thats where frequent dosing kicks in.
And also lot of gear is bound to esters and are released gradually.
In reality having bit of SHBG is a good- but thats hard or next to impossible to achieve, but I'm pretty sure that low is better than too high (on cycle).

weekend
12-06-2013, 06:54 PM
nice nice

decided to switch to 400 iu EOD on hcg.

was doing 300 3x a week but realized the weekend is when they are smallest. so maybe this will help.

burlyman30
12-06-2013, 07:02 PM
realized the weekend is when they are smallest.

Funny, since that is your username.

Oh, and thanks for containing all your testicular details to this thread. Lol

Jelisej
12-06-2013, 07:12 PM
nice nice

decided to switch to 400 iu EOD on hcg.

was doing 300 3x a week but realized the weekend is when they are smallest. so maybe this will help.

Cool.

Mind you, size of testicles very much depend on fluids inside (cant rember exact details) and fluid levels can vary for various reason, and it can clear out relatively fast- and hence change the size. Tough in your case it seems that HCG was not enough to prevent athrophy.

weekend
12-06-2013, 07:21 PM
Cool.

Mind you, size of testicles very much depend on fluids inside (cant rember exact details) and fluid levels can vary for various reason, and it can clear out relatively fast- and hence change the size. Tough in your case it seems that HCG was not enough to prevent athrophy.

ah, shrinkage still occurred heavily on my last cycle, but i know the hcg was of lower quality than this stuff, and this time i was more consistent with using it (started late last time)

definitely more shrinkage post workout.

ryhigh
12-06-2013, 07:38 PM
Maybe a professional fondler could help you with that shrinkage.. Knowwhatimsaying lol

Jelisej
12-06-2013, 07:46 PM
Maybe a professional fondler could help you with that shrinkage.. Knowwhatimsaying lol

Are you offering yourself?

ryhigh
12-06-2013, 07:48 PM
Are you offering yourself?

No, but I know someone who is cheap and reliable

nate3993
12-06-2013, 08:01 PM

ryhigh
12-06-2013, 08:04 PM
Maybe my man Nate might help out for some of that Mast stockpile you have

weekend
12-06-2013, 08:05 PM