PDA

View Full Version : How come im not putting on size?

rockforcedad
12-09-2013, 04:47 AM
I am about to finish a 15 day Cycle (first one) of Dienazone. I made HUGE gains in the gym I have never lifted this much weight in my life and went up in weight in such a short time. The only problem is that I am still the same size... How is it that i can put up so much weight now but im not gaining any mass? Im eating 4000 calories a day and 100 g of protein. Can someone explain this to me?!?!?

BBG
12-09-2013, 04:55 AM
100grams of protein isn't enough.

15 days isn't enough.

rockforcedad
12-09-2013, 05:11 AM
well what is enough?

BBG
12-09-2013, 05:42 AM
I mean... 15 days is right when the cycle is getting good. I wouldn't run anything if I can't run the cycle for at least 6-12 weeks. It's not worth it in most cases.

100grams of protein is a really small amount of protein, unless that's just from purely protein powder/beef/high bcaa protein sources and you're not counting other sources. 200+grams usually will do.

booklifter
12-09-2013, 05:43 AM
well what is enough?

For 4000 calories? Twice that. In fact if using food and not badly formulated mass gainers that are like 90% maltodextrin, I'd find it difficult to eat that many calories and NOT have more than 100g protein in there somewhere - is it possible you meant you were supplementing whatever's in your diet with an additional 100g of protein powder?

Do keep in mind if you're not accustomed to this much protein that you'll want to stay fully hydrated (good idea anyway) so as to avoid amplifying any existing affinity for uric kidney stones. People exercising and generally treating their bodies well aren't likely to need this advice, unless they suddenly double their daily protein intake.

Real food is ideal for many reasons, but if you're having trouble keeping up both the calories and protein then in additional to a base diet of real food, I recommend trying mhp's up your mass*. It is not the best formula in existence, but it's a good quality blend at a great price (I've done some custom mixes and Anamass Pro from PN is quite good too, but both are typically double the price). Specifically, the carbs are based on 'real' ingredients (e.g. oat and barley, not industrial maltodextrin or simple sugars), and are not dosed disproportionately to the protein (about 1:1 if you don't count the fiber with the carbs) and small amount of healthy fats. 4000 calories based strictly on that stuff (NOT recommending this, it's only a supplement) would be about 368 grams of protein. This is just to give you an idea of how disproportionately low 100g per 4000 calories really is for a bodybuilder (not quite as bad for someone about to run a marathon).

*No, I'm not a rep or sponsor for them, I just love the product after evaluating many, many, many others, and have a walk-in closet full of empty tubs that I treat like a trophy case.

Jack O'Neill
12-10-2013, 07:23 AM
^^^ agree with that and with BBG.

Dienazone will start soon but to my mind, your new strength essentially comes from carbs!

Eat prots as written above and keep your carbs/fat amount if it's good for you.

So mass gain will come.

How many time did you planned your cycle?

burlyman30
12-10-2013, 11:28 AM
Another way to look at the protein issue...

100g=400 calories. 4000/400=10% of your calories from protein. I shudder to think what kind of garbage you are taking in for the other 3600 calories.

Jack O'Neill
12-10-2013, 11:33 AM
Another way to look at the protein issue...

100g=400 calories. 4000/400=10% of your calories from protein. I shudder to think what kind of garbage you are taking in for the other 3600 calories.

Indeed. 900g of carbs maybe? lol

Scope75
12-10-2013, 12:41 PM
Indeed. 900g of carbs maybe? lol

Or 400g of fat.....

If this guy is eating like that I bet his problem is he just shits his pants all day.

DJM
12-10-2013, 01:59 PM
log your meals in here
one of those numbers are wrong

weekend
12-10-2013, 02:33 PM
i've seen this before, i think he means he takes 100g of powder on top of his meals.

might be wrong tho.

OP, to gain off cycle at 165 lbs I needed 5000 calories. not sure what that number is now that i'm heavier.

Jelisej
12-10-2013, 06:00 PM
15 day cycle? After 15 day is when gains should start anyway, but bro' who gave you such a bad advice? At 15 days you'll probably be shutdown (maybe not 100 % but still...) and you'll have gains next to nothing.

Number of calories depends on couple of factors, mainly on resting metabolic rate.
4000 calories should be enough, really.

As for protein intake, maybe up it a bit.
Tough body can use only certain amount of protein, adding more only puts more strain on kidneys.
Basically 1- 1.5 gr per lb of weight is enough.