PDA

View Full Version : Bored man is bored thread

ryhigh
12-20-2013, 09:52 PM
Thought id put this up just in case there are other bored people out there and would like to discuss being bored.

Cliffs- Im bored

That is all.

Discuss.

Talk about it.

Do it. Do it.

longBallLima
12-20-2013, 10:43 PM
Being bored sucks balls. I hear it lowers testosterone

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

ryhigh
12-20-2013, 10:54 PM
Being bored sucks balls. I hear it lowers testosterone

I think youre probably right.

7/10 bored men die by the age of 50. Maybe Low T is causing this

h2s
12-20-2013, 11:49 PM
I am kinda bored. But I am really just avoiding online music classes lol.

ryhigh
12-20-2013, 11:50 PM
That sounds interesting but hard

h2s
12-20-2013, 11:51 PM
Well I voluntarily signed up for it and I do really enjoy it, but trying to soak up information is draining.

ryhigh
12-20-2013, 11:53 PM
For school? Or for pleasure?

h2s
12-20-2013, 11:56 PM
Pleasure. I dj for fun (no intention of giging), but my real desire is to get into producing and this was the first step.

ryhigh
12-21-2013, 12:09 AM
That's too legit. what type of music would you like to produce

h2s
12-21-2013, 12:17 AM
I am into most electronically produced music, but electro house and techno would be what I am most into. Personally I would like to produce synthesizer based industrial techno. For reference, look up Gesaffelstein. Just that hard hitting dark techno producers that always delivers.
Viol - One of my favorite songs
Then look up his cd aleph. It is his first album (as opposed to EPs and Singles) and it is spreading like crazy with acclaim.

ryhigh
12-21-2013, 12:27 AM
Ive just recently started getting into all this type of music since ive moved to Vegas. Im listening to Viol right now (per suggestion)

ryhigh
12-21-2013, 01:32 AM
99.99999% of cheeseburgers come from King Burger and his Queen Cheese. Its up to them to decided whether or not lettuce onions tomatoes and bacon can join in

- - - Updated - - -

there are (aproximately) 700,500,000,000,000,000,000 grains of sand on earth

ryhigh
12-21-2013, 01:35 AM
there are 321,035,624,829,901,000 ants alive on the planet today

Cdsnuts
12-21-2013, 07:04 AM
Dude....you weren't joking....you were pretty bored. I'm bored right now....

ryhigh
12-21-2013, 11:34 AM
Dude....you weren't joking....you were pretty bored. I'm bored right now....

well post away, its fun.. kinda.

Breakfast was pancakes, eggs, sausage, and some kitty cat deep fried in a organic peanut oil. I was trying t get me some reindeer but I guess theyre busy this time of year

ryhigh
12-21-2013, 03:52 PM
lunch is tacos burritos and unicorn tempura

ryhigh
12-21-2013, 04:59 PM
Interesting fact- The more cookies the cookie monster eats determines the amount of babies born. Weird huh

ryhigh
12-21-2013, 05:12 PM

me hungry for a cookie

BBG
12-21-2013, 06:10 PM
My diet right now is basically 50% christmas cookies, 25% milk, 20% eggs, 5% misc.

ryhigh
12-21-2013, 06:13 PM
My diet right now is basically 50% christmas cookies, 25% milk, 20% eggs, 5% misc.

I gotta get on that. My deep fried kitten and unicorn tempura was tasty but left me with some mean heartburn

Jelisej
12-21-2013, 06:21 PM
Other day i was reading about Mihály Csíkszentmihályi flow model- and "Flow is the mental state of operation in which a person performing an activity is fully immersed in a feeling of energized focus, full involvement, and enjoyment in the process of the activity. "

Challenges to staying in flow

Some of the challenges to staying in flow include states of apathy, boredom, and anxiety. Being in a state of apathy is characterized when challenges are low and one’s skill level is low producing a general lack of interest in the task at hand. Boredom is a slightly different state in that it occurs when challenges are low, but one’s skill level exceeds those challenges causing one to seek higher challenges. Lastly, a state of anxiety occurs when challenges are so high that they exceed one’s perceived skill level causing one great distress and uneasiness. These states in general differ from being in a state of flow, in that flow occurs when challenges match one’s skill level.

More copy-paste from same theory:
The autotelic personality

Csíkszentmihályi hypothesized that people with several very specific personality traits may be better able to achieve flow more often than the average person. These personality traits include curiosity, persistence, low self-centeredness, and a high rate of performing activities for intrinsic reasons only. People with most of these personality traits are said to have an autotelic personality.

Up to now, there is not much research on the autotelic personality, but results of the few studies that have been conducted suggest that indeed some people are more prone to experience flow than others. One researcher (Abuhamdeh, 2000) found that people with an autotelic personality have a greater preference for "high-action-opportunity, high-skills situations that stimulate them and encourage growth" compared to those without an autotelic personality.It is in such high-challenge, high-skills situations that people are most likely to enter the flow state.

Experimental evidence shows that a balance between skills of the individual and demands of the task (compared to boredom and overload) only elicits flow experiences in individuals characterized by an internal locus of control or a habitual action orientation.Several correlational studies found need for achievement to be a personal characteristic that fosters flow experiences.

ryhigh
12-21-2013, 06:28 PM
Wow, very interesting read, thank you.

ryhigh
12-21-2013, 07:21 PM
If you could have and super power what would it be?

As a Jedi I often wonder about what you humans would want?

Jelisej
12-21-2013, 07:45 PM
its very hard question actually, I think I would go for Superhuman mentality, which means I would have intelligence of genius and ability to expand psychic skills like psychokinesis, telepathy etc...

Jedi's choice?

ryhigh
12-21-2013, 07:46 PM
Ahhh I totally know what you mean, I kinda have those same powers.

ryhigh
12-21-2013, 07:52 PM
I recently found out my power animal is a Wolverine and a Fox is close second

Jelisej
12-21-2013, 07:54 PM
Ahhh I totally know what you mean, I kinda have those same powers.

Hahaha, yeah, you are definitely one of the most intelligent members of forum, and you have lot of good qualities- if you improve your mental skills further, self beleive, you'll get far...

What would be your choice:

Vampire of werewolf?

ryhigh
12-21-2013, 08:05 PM
Lol thanks. Yeah ive been out of college for a year now my brain does need some improvements.

Ahh good question. werewolf's are very fast and strong and are pretty much disease resistant. Also they can be in human form as well, plus I would have a pretty awesome howl to get the ladies. plus warm blooded and werewolves are more intelligent.

A vampire would be cool cause I can fly and bite people. However they are cold blooded, and I don't like salty things ie blood. Also they are too white and I like the sun and a nice tan

Ill go with a werewolf.

Jelisej
12-21-2013, 08:26 PM
out of college for a year? You need to continue your studies IMO, I think your strength is friendly nature, decent communication, you're clever and posses kind of charm so you need to go to higher levels otherwise you'll be eaten by sharks on lower level, as you have too good nature, and bit lack of aggression/drive...

People who turn werewolf turn only at certain times, and they are out of control at that times- tough benefits are that they are disease resistant.

Vampires- they are very intelligent, and enjoy longevity (almost immortality). They cannot fly (thats hollywood I think), and they must avoid sun (which kind of sucks), they are good in bed.

I would go for vampire.

Other day at work, we had big debate: batman vs spiderman, batman is quite sofisticated and clever, but in the end I went for spiderman. Spiderman had majority of votes. You see you are not only bored person.

ryhigh
12-21-2013, 08:39 PM
Haha I love you Jel. Yeah its been a year ive had too many things I had to deal with to start grad school. Im going to start grad school in spring, I just moved to Vegas so im on a waiting list to start. I totally agree on the lack of aggression and drive, that's fell off a bit after this year. Howver im in a new place, new settings, and left the bad behind me, just rewiring my brain again. Crazy how you can read into all of that just from my posts, you do have some superhuman powers!!

I like your breakdown of both, I would like to live a long life. How about im a vampwolf? Tough, fast, intelligent, longevity, and good in bed

ryhigh
12-21-2013, 08:57 PM
My personality type is ENFP

•Extraversion: ENFPs love to interact with lots of people. Socializing helps them to feel energized and renewed.

•Intuition: ENFPs generally focus on the world of possibilities. They are good at abstract thinking and prefer not to concentrate on the tiny details. They are inventive and focused on the future.

•Feeling: When making decisions, ENFPs place a greater value on feelings and values rather than on logic and objective criteria. They tend to follow their heart, empathize with others, and let their emotions guide their decisions.

•Perceiving: ENFPs are flexible and like to keep their options open. They can be spontaneous and are highly adaptable to change. They also dislike routine and may have problems with disorganization and procrastination.

Some common ENFP characteristics include:
•Warm and enthusiastic
•Empathetic and caring
•Strong people skills; relates well to others
•Able to think abstractly and understand difficult, complex concepts
•Needs approval from others
•Disorganized
•Strong communication skills
•Fun and spontaneous
•Highly creative

ENFPs are extraverts, which means that they love spending time with other people. Socializing actually gives them more energy, helping them to feel renewed, refreshed, and excited about life. While other types of extraverts tend to dislike solitude, ENFPs do have a need for some alone time in order to think and reflect.

Psychologist David Keirsey identifies ENFPs as "Champions," which he suggests are rather rare. "Champions can be tireless in talking with others, like fountains that bubble and splash, spilling over their own words to get it all out," Keirsey suggests. "And usually this is not simple storytelling; Champions often speak (or write) in the hope of revealing some truth about human experience, or of motivating others with their powerful convictions."

They also have excellent people skills. In addition to having an abundance of enthusiasm, they also genuinely care about others. ENFPs are good at understanding what other people are feeling. Given their zeal, charisma, and creativity, they can also make great leaders.

People with this personality type strongly dislike routine and prefer to focus on the future. While they are great at generating new ideas, they sometimes put off important tasks until the last minute. Dreaming up ideas but not seeing them through to completion is a common problem. ENFPs can also become easily distracted, particularly when they are working on something that seems boring or uninspiring.

Jelisej
12-21-2013, 09:04 PM
breakdown of both, I would like to live a long life. How about im a vampwolf? Tough, fast, intelligent, longevity, and good in bed

You sussed it out... No further comments.

As for abilities , " Strength is weakness and weakness is strength" - Sun Tsu
it has many meanings, but main points are: being strong in something can make you complacent and it can be your weakness, while if someone has weakness he can work hard and it will become strength or he can concentrate on improving other skills so again his weakness made him overall stronger...

ryhigh
12-21-2013, 09:08 PM
I think you are also a Jedi, you have the mind of Yoda! lol
I like the way you think, and I like that quote. You would be a good life coach

ryhigh
12-21-2013, 10:06 PM
Any use Rosetta Stone to learn another language successfully?

Cobalt
12-21-2013, 11:24 PM
I have it... yet to install it though. I have Russian and French, no clue which to try first

ryhigh
12-21-2013, 11:29 PM
Did you know Odontophobia is the fear of teeth?

or

The most money ever paid for a cow in an auction was $1.3 million?

or

There are 10 human body parts that are only 3 letters long (eye hip arm leg ear toe jaw rib lip gum).

or

The human heart creates enough pressure to squirt blood 30 feet (9 m).

or

Dueling is legal in Paraguay as long as both parties are registered blood donors

or

The international telephone dialing code for Antarctica is 672

- - - Updated - - -

I have it... yet to install it though. I have Russian and French, no clue which to try first

Let me know how you like it. I need to relearn Spanish and want to learn Portuguese

longBallLima
12-22-2013, 01:22 AM
my wife does the portuguese and likes it

ryhigh
12-22-2013, 10:38 AM
my wife does the portuguese and likes it

Was it hard for her? I feel like that's such a hard language

ryhigh
12-22-2013, 11:33 AM
Anyone have a really high IQ? I wish I could improve mine to be a genius

burlyman30
12-22-2013, 11:46 AM

"High IQ" is all relative. I'm not high enough to qualify for MENSA (140 required) but I consistently test around 130-135. Of course, if my math and spatial testing weren't absolutely laughable, I'd test better.

Jelisej
12-22-2013, 11:49 AM
Mensa International - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mensa_International)

I've tested 128 and 133 I think, long time ago, at this moment I dont think I would do well.

ryhigh
12-22-2013, 11:50 AM
Eeesh good job Burly!! I tested about 6 years ago and got 119, I want to do it again. Can ones IQ increase?

- - - Updated - - -

Mensa International - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mensa_International)

I've tested 128 and 133 I think, long time ago, at this moment I dont think I would do well.

Very intelligent people on this board, good job guys

Jelisej
12-22-2013, 11:56 AM
Can one increase? Somewhat, but not significantly.
I dont know how to explain but there are different segments of intelligence- for example you overall is around 120 but in some segment you may be really good, and in some not so.

Cdsnuts
12-22-2013, 11:57 AM
Mines around 130. I don't think it's a good measure of how smart someone is though. Just part of it. I know plenty of "smart" people that are complete dumbasses. Common sense is much more applicable to life in most cases....

ryhigh
12-22-2013, 12:00 PM
Can one increase? Somewhat, but not significantly.
I dont know how to explain but there are different segments of intelligence- for example you overall is around 120 but in some segment you may be really good, and in some not so.

Oh ok I understand what you mean, interesting. Thank you for the info

- - - Updated - - -

Mines around 130. I don't think it's a good measure of how smart someone is though. Just part of it. I know plenty of "smart" people that are complete dumbasses. Common sense is much more applicable to life in most cases....

Geeez another lol, thats awesome. Yeah I agree with you, I just find the whole IQ test thing interesting

Jelisej
12-22-2013, 12:12 PM

I kind of agree, I am sort of example of you theory but test did show it- basically I had one segment really poor, and in real life when someone tries to explain something to me I struggle a lot, sometimes its like people speak Chinese to me, but on other side in some other areas I'm extremely good, my logic was 100 % and analytical skills are good.

burlyman30
12-22-2013, 12:18 PM
I kind of agree, I am sort of example of you theory but test did show it- basically I had one segment really poor, and in real life when someone tries to explain something to me I struggle a lot, sometimes its like people speak Chinese to me, but on other side in some other areas I'm extremely good, my logic was 100 % and analytical skills are good.

"Speaking Chinese" is a good analogy. I don't know why my spatial skills are so poor, but I don't think any amount of studying would help to a large degree. It simply doesn't compute. Algebra made sense to me in school, but geometry was "Chinese" to me.

ryhigh
12-22-2013, 12:22 PM
I don't remember the breakdown of mine, Im going to retake it eventually just too see what it is

nate3993
12-22-2013, 02:59 PM
And then of course, emotional intelligence, which like common sense isn't really analyzed too well in an IQ test. And emotional intelligence is HUGE. To succeed, you HAVE to be good at interacting with people in some form or another. Communication, making friends, networking, etc IMO are just as important as doing a bunch of school in terms of being successful.

I'm horrific at math so if a particular IQ test has more math than another one, I generally score less. It's somewhat of an indicator of intelligence but then it's also not. You gotta get to know people to really see how smart they are. Regardless of what they did or didn't score on a test.

ryhigh
12-22-2013, 04:05 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmm chilli cheese friesss

burlyman30
12-22-2013, 04:25 PM
I found a place in town that serves poutine, a french Canadian dish with fries, deep fried cheese curds, and gravy. Sounds odd, but the stuff is amazing.

ryhigh
12-22-2013, 04:29 PM
I found a place in town that serves poutine, a french Canadian dish with fries, deep fried cheese curds, and gravy. Sounds odd, but the stuff is amazing.

Always heard great things but have never been able to try it. I want to take a trip to Canada eh so I might have to go just for that

ryhigh
12-22-2013, 05:11 PM
Did you know

The ocean contains enough salt to cover all of the continents by 500 feet

or

A thimbleful of a Neutron Star would weigh over 100 million tons. (that blows my mind)

or

Human scientists can produce a laser beam one million times brighter than sunlight

or

The average person accidentally eats 430 bugs per year. (nom nom nom nom)

or

The red juice that comes out of a steak is not blood- it is myoglobin

or

The Universe contains of 100 billion galaxies (no idea how they can even estimate that)

or

If you could drive your car straight up, you would arrive in space in just over an hour

or

The speed of light is generally rounded down to 186,000 miles per second. In exact terms it is 299,792,458 m/s (metres per second – that is equal to 186,287.49 miles per second).

or

Astronauts cannot belch – there is no gravity to separate liquid from gas in their stomachs.

or

A pig’s orgasm lasts for 30 minutes. (im jelly)

or

The largest galexies contain a million, million stars. (I would like a million,million dollars)

or

A healthy person has 6,000 million, million, million hemoglobin molecules. (or that many dollars)

or

Around a million, billion neutrinos from the Sun will pass through your body while you read this sentence.
and now they are already past the Moon.

or

Micro-organisms have been brought back to life after being frozen in perma-frost for three million years.

or

Our oldest radio broadcasts of the 1930s have already travelled past 100,000 stars.

all very interesting

ryhigh
12-22-2013, 05:19 PM
*Star wars facts*

Did you know?

•It took three different actors to portray Darth Vader : David Prowse (body), James Earl Jones (voice) et Sebastian Shaw (face)

or

•R2-D2 was named after that a technician from "American Graffiti" asked to Lucas the Reel number 2, Dialogue track number 2.

or

•The small actor hiding into R2-D2 is named Kenny Baker and is less than 4 feet tall !

or

•Chewbacca's name is inspired by the name of Chebika City, in Tunisia, near the place where Tatooine scenes where shot

or

•In 1996, 37% of the toys sold in the United States where Star Wars products.

or

•During the Cloud City evacuation scene in The Empire Strikes Back, one actor can be seen running around with what looks to be an ice-cream maker.

or

•The Millenium Falcon was originally inspired by the shape of a hamburger with an olive on the side.

or

•How strange it may be, sounds for the LightSabers where recorded by moving a microphone next to a TV set !

or

The best one yet

I myself am I Jedi.

ryhigh
12-22-2013, 05:41 PM

Might have to get these.

I cant find any Matrix sheets. Im Neo when Im not a Jedi, interesting huh. You can throw in some Lord of The Rings swag too, cause I can also fight in those times. A straight triple threat!

Jelisej
12-22-2013, 06:08 PM
I watched few of star wars 25 years ago, so I dont quite remember it.
In Lord of the rings, I watched that (unfinished) long cartoon first, and my favourite character was Boromir, so I stayed loyal in trilogy .
My favourite fictional character was Count of Monte Christo, I red book few times, and I saw few versions of film.

ryhigh
12-22-2013, 06:14 PM
If I could live in either Star Wars, The Matrix, or Lord of The Rings would be too legit. If i had to live in a cartoon like movie i would probably live in The Incredibles, Cars, or Toy Story. Hahah. Ive seen one version of the Count of Monte Christo but i don't really remember it, going to watch it again since you like it.

studog
12-22-2013, 06:34 PM
Burly has a 135 IQ and works construction, I work construction because I don't have a high IQ.

Jelisej
12-22-2013, 06:35 PM
Read the book if you can, its brilliant, films are ok. older film from 1975 is better than new one you can see it on youtube, new one is typical hollywood,

Why the hell you would like to live in matrix? Its horrible.
Star wars? no way

ryhigh
12-22-2013, 06:40 PM
Ok ill grab the book for sure.

Haha because Im Neo and i have to save Zion from the machines, i am the one.

Star wars because space travel would be cool especially since Im a Jedi, gotta show off my light saber skills and conquer the galaxy.

Or id be Denzel Washington in pretty much any of his movies.

What movie would you live in?

Jelisej
12-22-2013, 06:45 PM
I would not mind being in Las Vegas :D , honestly bro' you are definitely better than most of characters from those films. Just continue studying, train escrima, exercise a bit, and improve your mentality traits.

In which movie? Hmmm hard question....
Maybe Goonies?

At the moment I'm living in "Bug's life" :p

ryhigh
12-22-2013, 06:53 PM
I would not mind being in Las Vegas :D , honestly bro' you are definitely better than most of characters from those films. Just continue studying, train escrima, exercise a bit, and improve your mentality traits.

In which movie? Hmmm hard question....
Maybe Goonies?

Yeah Las Vegas is too legit, its been a fast 3 months since ive moved here. I still really miss LA, and the palm tree's and beach. Lol, thanks man i really appreciate that coming from you. Grad school will start hopefully in Spring. So train with sticks, not light sabers? Had to google escrima. lol

- - - Updated - - -

Haha which character in a Bugs Life?

Jelisej
12-22-2013, 07:16 PM
hahahah never watched Bugs life,
yeah you start with stick, move onto knives, and in the end hand-to-hand- quite effective, you'll be ready to defend yourself in no time and it does not require that much endurance or strength
spetsnaz systema is also good...
or alternatively Krav Maga, you can find one of those in L. Vegas... Trust my sixt sense, and enroll- it will be revelation to you.

Systema Spetsnaz DVD #1 - The Warriors Path - Russian Hand to Hand Combat - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBIO-7Bm6lc)

ryhigh
12-22-2013, 07:23 PM
hahahah never watched Bugs life,
yeah you start with stick, move onto knives, and in the end hand-to-hand- quite effective, you'll be ready to defend yourself in no time and it does not require that much endurance or strength
spetsnaz systema is also good...
or alternatively Krav Maga, you can find one of those in L. Vegas... Trust my sixt sense, and enroll- it will be revelation to you.

Systema Spetsnaz DVD #1 - The Warriors Path - Russian Hand to Hand Combat - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBIO-7Bm6lc)

That video is badass! I would definitely love to learn that. For sure going to look into it, going to feel bad for my roomates.

ryhigh
12-22-2013, 07:38 PM
This thread is full of win! Thanks man, appreciate it all. Have a new book to read, going to learn some crazy self-defense stuff, be able to roll around on glass, drop knives onto my stomach, and cough to make a person collapse, who knows what else.

Found out we have a whole bunch really really smart folks here, found out my power animal(s), learned some new facts, possible bed sheet options, H2S is a DJ, going to use Rosetta Stone to learn Portuguese. Damn, all out of a weekend i don't go to the strip and get bored. Hahah next weekend it'll be the secrets of life! I love you all SwoleSource! haha

ryhigh
12-22-2013, 07:50 PM
Anchorman Afternoon Delight - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAhCpAS2AwA)

longBallLima
12-22-2013, 08:06 PM
Was it hard for her? I feel like that's such a hard language

It's a tricky language but I find that my wife is good with languages plus she gets the exposure whenever I'm around friends or family from Brazil. That might help her a bit.

When I tested in my native language in Brazil, I had a mensa iq for that year. I don't remember what it was but I didn't know what mensa was at the time and the tester said I scored for it and should get mensa'd

That was in my 20s and I'm getting stupider every year, so....

ryhigh
12-22-2013, 08:12 PM
That's exactly why i want to learn it, Im going to Brazil for the world cup this year. Obviously i wont learn everything but im fascinated with Brazil and would love to travel there frequently.

Geez another genius! Smartest forum alive.

- - - Updated - - -

Kids Telling Dirty Jokes: Carla - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_7803ZZJ_o)

Soooo funny!

burlyman30
12-22-2013, 08:24 PM
Smartest forum alive.

ha! Maybe so!

ryhigh
12-22-2013, 08:24 PM
Kids Telling Dirty Jokes: Jackson - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBgtz6f5jc8)

hahahah

Kids Telling Dirty Jokes: Talin - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d24QyaNMfnc)

Cobalt
12-22-2013, 09:51 PM

I scored a 147 in high school.
I scored at 145 the first time and there was some question about the validity of the score, so I hit 147 the second time.

To think, only 2 years prior, I was kicked out of the "AG" program (Academically Gifted) at school for bad grades.
I don't apply myself.

ryhigh
12-22-2013, 10:03 PM
I scored a 147 in high school.
I scored at 145 the first time and there was some question about the validity of the score, so I hit 147 the second time.

To think, only 2 years prior, I was kicked out of the "AG" program (Academically Gifted) at school for bad grades.
I don't apply myself.

Shit man good job!

burlyman30
12-22-2013, 10:16 PM
Burly has a 135 IQ and works construction, I work construction because I don't have a high IQ.

Just saw this. Lol. Life has odd twists and turns. I started a business so I could afford to put myself through school. I got so busy that I never quite finished my Masters degree and just stayed with what was paying the bills. I've spent the last 20 years using extra money to buy and remodel investment properties.

ryhigh
12-22-2013, 10:31 PM
Its a trip to think of where i will possibly when im older like 45-50, as you said life has so many twists. Its mind boggling

burlyman30
12-22-2013, 10:41 PM
Its a trip to think of where i will possibly when im older like 45-50, as you said life has so many twists. Its mind boggling

It's been said that 80% of college students do not ultimately end up in the field they trained. So yeah, life takes you in unexpected places.

I've been in love 3 times. Thought I was marrying the first two. Ended up with the third. You just can't predict this stuff.

ryhigh
12-22-2013, 10:48 PM
It's been said that 80% of students do not ultimately end up in the field they trained. So yeah, life takes you in unexpected places.

I completely believe that. Im just along for the ride.

ryhigh
12-22-2013, 11:05 PM
It's been said that 80% of college students do not ultimately end up in the field they trained. So yeah, life takes you in unexpected places.

I've been in love 3 times. Thought I was marrying the first two. Ended up with the third. You just can't predict this stuff.

True words my friend, i was engaged earlier this year. I cant even believe how much things have changed this year. My oh my.

What did you study in school?

burlyman30
12-22-2013, 11:25 PM
What did you study in school?

Psychology/ counseling

People might think it was a waste of time seeing where I ended up, but I use those skills in business every week.

ryhigh
12-22-2013, 11:29 PM
Psychology/ counseling

People might think it was a waste of time seeing where I ended up, but I use those skills in business every week.

Agree 1000%. psychology was my favorite subject in high school, was going to pursue in college but ended up the Marketing/Management route

ryhigh
12-23-2013, 12:29 PM
Feeling lucky today, going to go hit the strip for a little poker. Yeahhh buddy!

ryhigh
12-23-2013, 01:04 PM
Sick video, i miss having all these great places to ride in LA.

How to build a BMX super ramp w/Sebastian Keep - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbLh9cU39ik)

ryhigh
12-23-2013, 01:06 PM
Also really badass, must watch!

The Athlete Machine - Red Bull Kluge - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0jmSsQ5ptw&list=TLwb09oTKYRNmFAuT7YRwbRPJ5_j_uO3Ku)

ryhigh
12-23-2013, 01:52 PM
Riding a supercross track unwound - Red Bull Straight Rhythm - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwTZk9ZgRvk&list=TLmWiaIqoGDz5E643J5NaRAgG2TaqnJsmT)

Cant wait to go riding on Saturday!

That is all, BRB going to win some money

ryhigh
12-23-2013, 10:34 PM
ahahahahahahah i won 8 hundred today on Texas hold em. Subrtact $200 for my Jonny Walker Black Label and tips, plus my $16 for a 6x6 from in n out and its a winnnnnnnnnn. Who wants tooo party?!!!! drinks on meeeeee

nate3993
12-24-2013, 12:42 AM
Dam. Nice. U made 800? Or how much did u end up actually profiting? You're insane for paying that price for alcohol though. F. That. Shit! Fuk those inflated prices. Drink bfor, drink a little in the casino maybe, and then drink after. Fuk those prices.

ryhigh
12-24-2013, 01:32 AM
Dam. Nice. U made 800? Or how much did u end up actually profiting? You're insane for paying that price for alcohol though. F. That. Shit! Fuk those inflated prices. Drink bfor, drink a little in the casino maybe, and then drink after. Fuk those prices.

I profited $800. My roomates GF is a dealer at Planet Hollywood and she gave me some $5 chips she got as tips for my Xmas present, so all in all i went with $150 and got lucky and sat at the table for a long time and won. Yeah that's a lot, too much. I went sober so i could hve a chance at the tables. After i won i met a girl from Chile, Brazil, and Russia and i couldn't help myself lol. Had to get them drunk and show them the American way haha. Gonna meet up with the Russian tomorrow, pics for everyone if anything goes down hahahah

nate3993
12-24-2013, 02:42 AM
U banged all 3? Wow.

ryhigh
12-24-2013, 08:28 AM
Haha no, i wish

Cobalt
12-24-2013, 10:55 AM
gonna meet up with the russian tomorrow, pics for everyone

yes please

Cdsnuts
12-24-2013, 11:50 AM
Gonna meet up with the Russian tomorrow, pics for everyone if anything goes down hahahah

Man....I have a soft spot (I should say hard spot) for those commies....

ryhigh
12-24-2013, 11:53 AM
Man....I have a soft spot (I should say hard spot) for those commies....

Haha, was my first experience with one. My oh my idk where they've been my whole life

Cdsnuts
12-24-2013, 12:30 PM
Haha, was my first experience with one. My oh my idk where they've been my whole life

The ones I've been with were very passionate and awesome in bed......I know that's a sweeping generalization....but that's just been my experience.

ryhigh
12-24-2013, 12:32 PM
The ones I've been with were very passionate and awesome in bed......I know that's a sweeping generalization....but that's just been my experience.

TRUTH! lol

h2s
12-27-2013, 08:46 AM
pics or it didn't happen

ryhigh
01-15-2014, 09:05 PM
Bored man is now broken. Long story short I was dirt bike riding a little over a week ago, and having a great time. I was with some buddies in the desert on a long ride, it rained the day before and there were puddles of water here and there. We were going pretty fast and went thru many puddles and what not. On the way back to our camp we went off the trail and were just free riding. I was leading the pack, I went thru a puddle and the hole was much deaper than expected. My front tire sunk in and launched me over the bars, I crashed pretty hard. I fractured my collar bone, messed up my knee pretty bad and got a heafty concussion. I was knocked out on impact, and don't really remember anything after coming to. My buddy drove me to the hospital where I spent two lovely days. So now im out of commission for a couple months while I heal, and im super bummed not the way I wanted to start the new year, luckily im ok and so is my bike. So im sure this thread will be full of me being broken and bored for a while to come :( :( :( :( sad panda is very sad

burlyman30
01-15-2014, 09:22 PM
I've been telling you guys forever that cardio is unhealthy. Thanks for proving my point, ryhigh.

Speedy recovery, my friend.

Sperwer
01-16-2014, 01:30 AM
I've been telling you guys forever that cardio is unhealthy. Thanks for proving my point, ryhigh.

Speedy recovery, my friend.

X2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

ryhigh
01-17-2014, 07:27 PM
Lol thanks, appreciate it. Yeah cardio is over rated for sure! So is typing with my left hand only haha shit is rough

longBallLima
01-17-2014, 11:04 PM
Lol thanks, appreciate it. Yeah cardio is over rated for sure! So is typing with my left hand only haha shit is rough

appreciate you have your left or shit would be even rougher...

shitting rather... would need a wipe buddy

all joking aside, sorry brother, i hope you heal well and fast

ryhigh
01-18-2014, 11:52 AM
appreciate you have your left or shit would be even rougher...

shitting rather... would need a wipe buddy

all joking aside, sorry brother, i hope you heal well and fast

Haha true, I got lucky there. thanks man

ryhigh
01-29-2014, 11:34 PM
Had the craziest dream last night and jerked myself awake and fell off my bed onto my broken collar bone, not my year so far lol. Anyone excited for the Super bowl? Cant wait to see the Seahawks take it, Pete Carroll is the man!

burlyman30
01-29-2014, 11:54 PM
When you say "jerked yourself awake"...

longBallLima
01-30-2014, 05:26 AM
Had the craziest dream last night and jerked myself awake and fell off my bed onto my broken collar bone, not my year so far lol. Anyone excited for the Super bowl? Cant wait to see the Seahawks take it, Pete Carroll is the man!

Im in Co and people here are so pumped that in dangerously close to giving a shit lol

Lol lol

ryhigh
01-30-2014, 07:16 PM

LOL I violently twitched myself off the bed, im not ambidextrous so I don't pleasure myself properly with my good arm.

Im in Co and people here are so pumped that in dangerously close to giving a shit lol

Lol lol

Yeah I like Payton, but am a hardcore USC fan so im going for the Seahawks.

ryhigh
01-31-2014, 11:56 PM
Bored man here, checking in for the boredom forum. Ive watched so much American Greed the past couple weeks I am now confident I can create the biggest Ponzi scheme in history. Although I need some savvy accomplices, so if any of you SwoleSource members feel like making billions and fleeing to a country where they don't extradite let me know.

Also im starting a new agency called the Jedi Swole Patrol, where we fight evil with superior Jedi powers and muscles. Im taking applications so feel free. Each JSP will be equipped with jedi mind tricks, light sabers, a hover craft, spaceship, Bugatti Veyron, Dukes of Hazzard Charger, hoverboard from back to the future, the Black Pearl for sailing, and unlimited roidz.

Im planning to go on a expedition to find a 100 karat diamond, kryptonite, anti-matter, plutonium, bigfoot cause I want that $10 mil prize, Davy Jones locker, where Tupac is hiding, a blue chick form Avatar, the new Neo so more Matrix's can be made and a time machine. Any help will be appreciated, and I will take any who help to LA for some Roscoe's Chicken N Waffles.

ryhigh
02-01-2014, 12:06 AM
WTB a magical healer to heal and mend my broken bones. Paypal ready!

or

The potion from Harry Potter and fixed his bones, either one will do.

Also WTB any WorldCup tickets so I can go to Brazil and find my future wife. Or if you have any sexy Brazilians ready here in the states ill buy. Wouldn't mind a sexy Russian girl, might be a hookup for some cheap guns, then I can be a new Lord Of War.

Anyone want to join me for world domination? Then take over the galaxies near and far far away? If you found yourself in the Hunger Games what weapon would you use?

ryhigh
02-07-2014, 06:16 PM
Anyone move to a different country before? Just wondering experiences if so... Im looking into a possible investment opportunity that would require me moving to Costa Rica for a extended period of time.

Sperwer
02-07-2014, 08:29 PM
Anyone move to a different country before? Just wondering experiences if so... Im looking into a possible investment opportunity that would require me moving to Costa Rica for a extended period of time.

Don't underestimate the extent to which both formal and informal institutions, e.g., contract law, customary business practices/expectations, differ from what you know - despite the apparent good intentions/claims of local "partners". This is critically important even in dealing in places that are ostensibly very similar to the US, eg Britain, and increases exponentially in significance the more "foreign" a place is. Notwithstanding "globalization", the fact is that most places are sufficiently different "on the ground" to be dangerously risky in ways you can't even begin to imagine until you've been there for 6-12 months

ryhigh
02-07-2014, 09:45 PM
Thanks for the info. My investment is rather small and the rest is from close family friends who have way more experience and knowledge in fields you listed. I would have relatively low risk, my biggest investment would be me, my time, having to go there to get the business started and running properly. I was just curious about the experiences of moving to a new country ie. culture shock, and adjusting to a completely new environment and all that that would entail.

How was it for you to move to a new country?

BBG
02-07-2014, 09:55 PM
I need some savvy accomplices, so if any of you SwoleSource members feel like making billions and fleeing to a country where they don't extradite let me know.

sup

Sperwer
02-07-2014, 10:46 PM
Thanks for the info. My investment is rather small and the rest is from close family friends who have way more experience and knowledge in fields you listed. I would have relatively low risk, my biggest investment would be me, my time, having to go there to get the business started and running properly. I was just curious about the experiences of moving to a new country ie. culture shock, and adjusting to a completely new environment and all that that would entail.

When i moved to Korea 20 years ago, i was, and thought of myself as, pretty cosmopolitan. I could function in a couple, very different European languages, i had lived for brief periods in a couple different countries and i had travelled extensively, not just on vacations but on business in ways that required more than tourist's passing familiarity with a place. Relocating as a long term expat is so different in extent to amount to a difference in kind. As a cosmopolitan, one exists in a kind of a cocoon of homogenous global culture that in effect insulates one from the real local thing. When you are boots on the ground "behind enemy lines" with no transplanted suburban American base in which to refuge, culture shock will set in and hit hard at some point. Most people recoil and try to find a substitute cocoon. Here it's the big US bases that, unlike most places in the world, are pretty readily accessible to ordinary citizens w/ US passports, and various expat organizations. These are all OK as long as one doesn't become dependent on them as a crutch to avoid full and deep involvement in the local culture. The key to that is language, and your first priority ought to be acquiring or perfecting a reasonable degree of fluency in the local lingo.

Enuke65
02-07-2014, 11:18 PM

how old are you man?

Cdsnuts
02-08-2014, 08:23 AM

Not sure of the best way to say this, so I'm just going to say it. If you move to a very foreign country, particularly countries of the third world type, you're going to have a mark on your back. You're going to be a target. EVERYONE wants to get one over on the gringo, should you be going to Costa Rico that is. This isn't just reflective of street level thugs either. It's like this all the way up the chain, from blue collar to white collar. Just be careful

ryhigh
02-08-2014, 10:03 AM
how old are you man?

Ill be 24 in a couple weeks

ryhigh
02-08-2014, 10:07 AM
Not sure of the best way to say this, so I'm just going to say it. If you move to a very foreign country, particularly countries of the third world type, you're going to have a mark on your back. You're going to be a target. EVERYONE wants to get one over on the gringo, should you be going to Costa Rico that is. This isn't just reflective of street level thugs either. It's like this all the way up the chain, from blue collar to white collar. Just be careful

Yeah that's one of my main concerns. I know quite a few Americans already down there running a different business and they haven't had any problems, not to say I wont. Im going to spend a lot of time down there before I make any commitments to moving if things go thru. It would be about a year from now that I would be going if I do. Idk its a lot to take in, appreciate the advice.

Cdsnuts
02-10-2014, 06:14 AM
Yeah that's one of my main concerns. I know quite a few Americans already down there running a different business and they haven't had any problems, not to say I wont. Im going to spend a lot of time down there before I make any commitments to moving if things go thru. It would be about a year from now that I would be going if I do. Idk its a lot to take in, appreciate the advice.

Be prepared to bribe......I spent four months in Panama and Costa Rico and was just shocked at how customary it is for people to bribe each other. Call it being naive.....but damn it was pervasive. Everywhere, at every level. Made me proud to be from a country where we actually try to hide it at least.....

ryhigh
05-08-2014, 12:41 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=LVPNXsc4wsQ

Forgot about this thread, ill post here so I stop derailing Vaynez thread. Sorry broseph

- - - Updated - - -

Markam feel free to record a song for me :D

ryhigh
05-08-2014, 12:48 PM
Where has OD been? I haven't seen him on for a while...

burlyman30
05-08-2014, 11:15 PM
Where has OD been? I haven't seen him on for a while...

Busy with life and biz and still hitting the iron. He's good and I'll tell him you asked.

ryhigh
05-14-2014, 09:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=FIKI7ArSvlY

ryhigh
05-14-2014, 09:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=EzNhaLUT520

ryhigh
05-15-2014, 05:45 PM
ohhhh BBG 1185

ryhigh
05-15-2014, 05:50 PM

ryhigh
05-15-2014, 05:55 PM
uhhhh ohhh 1188

ryhigh
05-15-2014, 07:02 PM
1190 11921191 1193 Any decade that's not covered?:p

BBG
05-15-2014, 08:36 PM
hahaha nice.

I dunno what the problem might be, the games don't work on EVERY mobile device... and they're optimized for mobile so on desktop they might not work properly either.

ryhigh
05-15-2014, 09:44 PM
hahaha nice.

I dunno what the problem might be, the games don't work on EVERY mobile device... and they're optimized for mobile so on desktop they might not work properly either.

Lol ok for sure, thanks BBGman

Telepathically sent from iPhone using Jedi mind tricks

BBG
05-15-2014, 10:01 PM
Just don't tell the companies I sold those games to that you're getting any errors and we're all good ;)

ryhigh
05-15-2014, 10:10 PM
Just don't tell the companies I sold those games to that you're getting any errors and we're all good ;)

Haha no worries on that, if anything I'll hype your games up talking about how much fun it is when your cookie jars have mad hops and can eat a whole bunch of cookies. I still say you should make one where the object is to chase H2S around and try to catch him. Or you can make it a game where he's spinning around really fast on some turn tables and you have to grab him at the right time. You can call it H2's on the 1's and 2's.. Haha

Telepathically sent from iPhone using Jedi mind tricks

ryhigh
05-15-2014, 10:23 PM
That has a pretty good ring to it, I think we should go into business together.

ryhigh
05-23-2014, 08:28 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsboBHlzwcs&feature=player_detailpage

ryhigh
05-29-2014, 01:18 PM
Markam, hey. How hard is it to learn the piano? Is it possible without lessons? Theres a beginning of a song I really want to be able to play some day lol. I learned the drums easily, and guitar well im working on it haha but the piano seems on a whole different level.

BBG
05-29-2014, 01:49 PM
Used to love those GI Joe dub overs haha

ryhigh
05-29-2014, 01:53 PM
Lol theyre priceless

markam
05-31-2014, 03:11 AM
Markam, hey. How hard is it to learn the piano? Is it possible without lessons? Theres a beginning of a song I really want to be able to play some day lol. I learned the drums easily, and guitar well im working on it haha but the piano seems on a whole different level.

I'll rephrase that for you: 'How hard will it be for me to learn the piano'?

Providing you have the 1% of natural musical talent required, the rest is down to you.
What sort of style would you like to emulate? Oscar Peterson, Elton John, Dr John, (Mac Rebennack)?

Find the style you're most interested in and listen, a lot. Blues is definitely doable without lessons, but I often meet people that want to play more than blues, which the right teacher would help you with. I'd also recommend piano rudiments such as Hanon bk 1. This will really help your technique and strengthen your weaker 4th and 5th fingers.

As in all sorts of training, a proper regime is needed, 30 mins a day (every day) initially.

Feel free to PM me if I can be of further assistance.

ryhigh
06-05-2014, 11:19 AM
I'll rephrase that for you: 'How hard will it be for me to learn the piano'?

Providing you have the 1% of natural musical talent required, the rest is down to you.
What sort of style would you like to emulate? Oscar Peterson, Elton John, Dr John, (Mac Rebennack)?

Find the style you're most interested in and listen, a lot. Blues is definitely doable without lessons, but I often meet people that want to play more than blues, which the right teacher would help you with. I'd also recommend piano rudiments such as Hanon bk 1. This will really help your technique and strengthen your weaker 4th and 5th fingers.

As in all sorts of training, a proper regime is needed, 30 mins a day (every day) initially.

Feel free to PM me if I can be of further assistance.

Cool, thanks man! Id say I have more than 1% of musical talent... lol An Elton John style would be pretty cool to learn.. Ill do some research and see what I want to start off with and see what you think.

Hell, me and you can start our own show in Vegas!! "Markam and Ry melt your heart in the desert sky" or something like that haha

ryhigh
06-07-2014, 11:54 AM
Lets try something, this is for any of you fellow SS members who are bored or have a creative urge in you to make this the best story ever created. Dont be shy, add your twist to the story.

There once was a cookie monster named Cookster McCookie the 3rd who loved his performance enhancing cookies. One day after a 2 dozen cookie binge Cookster went to the local farmers market and......

ryhigh
06-07-2014, 09:12 PM
where he bought a whole bunch of oreos 1209

- - - Updated - - -

where a lady cookie monster stole one 1210