PDA

View Full Version : Any suggestions for particularly good bacne products for my 17 yr old son ?

Haritec
01-02-2014, 07:18 PM
Me and my youngest son weightlift together. He is doing great and a pleasure to work out with - and it is a great time for him as his natural testosterone is high as it will likely ever be.

With his age comes the usual problem tho he seems to have unusually large amounts of bacne. Any suggestions of particularly helpful products ? I would love him to get into the sun more - but it is winter in Canada so that ain't happening.

Sunlamp ?

I have heard a zinc based soap can help

Someone on a sight suggested DIM and that bacne was related to estrogen ?

WesleyInman
01-02-2014, 07:47 PM
The technique I use with all my clients to treat body acne is one that I got from a team of dermatologists that I worked with in the hospital. They said that in their experiences they noticed that people in beach and sunnier climates with more exposure to sun and the ocean had much better skin then those living in other environments. Their explanation was that salt and the sun was the reason behind this.

So what I learned was, you can purchase a large bag of "dead sea salt" on ebay for maybe $20 bucks. You add 1-2 cups to a hot bath each night and you soak in it for 20 minutes. You gently use a loofah and exfoliate the skin. Upon drying gently after getting out, you then apply a sensitive formula "moisturizer". They recommended "neutrogena" or I have used other well known brands as well.

In the morning before shower, you would apply Nizoral 2% shampoo (prescription, but you can buy it in Canada or on ebay as well) to any areas with body acne. (we use it to thicken or maintain hair, but it has an active ingredient that can eliminate acne) Very lightly you would get a lather and apply a small amount. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes, then again, shower, rinse and moisturize.

The user would want to tan for approximately 5-10 minutes 3x per week in conjunction with this.

Works like a charm. In 30-60 days you will see huge differences.

I have heard alot of people use Vitamin D, B, and A. A of course mimics Accutane. I have used accutane and I would never recommend it to anyone.

For prescription meds, Doxycycline and Minocycline have excellent results with body acne.

I am a huge proponent of using Prednisone in users with cystic or underlying inflammation type acne, aka red marks for reducing the symptoms. This is an off label use, but I promise you it works. The issue with prednisone is that in some users it can increase acne initially and aggression. So it can be a double edged sword. It is kind of like the products Retina-A lotions. They are often used to treat acne as well but initially they can worsen symptoms. Accutane does this as well in many users.

Hope this helps

^Bump for others^

Cobalt
01-02-2014, 08:06 PM
The two things that broke my bad acne in highschool was increased water intake and more frequent showers.
I had gym class in the middle of the day back in HS, so getting all sweaty and not being able to wash it off really killed me. Now days, I shower after each workout session at the gym.
If I don't, acne comes screaming back.

USN HM 350Z
01-02-2014, 09:00 PM
Panoxyl (http://www.panoxyl-skincare.com/products.html) 10%

Enuke65
01-02-2014, 11:26 PM
The technique I use with all my clients to treat body acne is one that I got from a team of dermatologists that I worked with in the hospital. They said that in their experiences they noticed that people in beach and sunnier climates with more exposure to sun and the ocean had much better skin then those living in other environments. Their explanation was that salt and the sun was the reason behind this.

So what I learned was, you can purchase a large bag of "dead sea salt" on ebay for maybe $20 bucks. You add 1-2 cups to a hot bath each night and you soak in it for 20 minutes. You gently use a loofah and exfoliate the skin. Upon drying gently after getting out, you then apply a sensitive formula "moisturizer". They recommended "neutrogena" or I have used other well known brands as well.

In the morning before shower, you would apply Nizoral 2% shampoo (prescription, but you can buy it in Canada or on ebay as well) to any areas with body acne. (we use it to thicken or maintain hair, but it has an active ingredient that can eliminate acne) Very lightly you would get a lather and apply a small amount. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes, then again, shower, rinse and moisturize.

The user would want to tan for approximately 5-10 minutes 3x per week in conjunction with this.

Works like a charm. In 30-60 days you will see huge differences.

I have heard alot of people use Vitamin D, B, and A. A of course mimics Accutane. I have used accutane and I would never recommend it to anyone.

For prescription meds, Doxycycline and Minocycline have excellent results with body acne.

I am a huge proponent of using Prednisone in users with cystic or underlying inflammation type acne, aka red marks for reducing the symptoms. This is an off label use, but I promise you it works. The issue with prednisone is that in some users it can increase acne initially and aggression. So it can be a double edged sword. It is kind of like the products Retina-A lotions. They are often used to treat acne as well but initially they can worsen symptoms. Accutane does this as well in many users.

Hope this helps

^Bump for others^

A Navy Doc once told me its the sun exposure and the higher levels of certain minerals in the air near the shore, being closer to the ocean you get a higher concentration of things like zinc and iron and copper in the air (zinc is good for skin i think?). For the most part navy medicine didn't help me out all that much, but this guys argument made sense, I grew up with shitty skin, but my skin was always definitely way better when I was stationed somewhere seaside vs somewhere inland.

hardestgainer
01-03-2014, 02:38 AM
Neutrogena Body Clear Body Wash, Salicylic Acid Acne Treatment | drugstore.com
(http://www.drugstore.com/neutrogena-body-clear-body-wash-salicylic-acid-acne-treatment/qxp45779)

I used this stuff from neutragena for a couple months and it worked great, as soon as I stopped, it started coming back though. You can get it cheap online, it costs more than double at the local stores

hossam
01-03-2014, 03:22 AM
a wonderful cream for Acne, i used it and its great

Clarina Anti-Acne Cream (http://www.himalayahealthcare.com/products/pharmaceuticals/clarina-anti-acne-cream.htm)

swole4ever
01-30-2014, 07:30 AM
What hardestgainer said. I have the same problem, I have been to dermatologists and everything they gave me in the drug department was useless. I started doing some research and found out about the saliactic acid 2% and also a peroxide soap. It has done wonders so far. You will still need to tan to even out your skin tone. Don't wash TOO often, whenever you wash your body will send a signal to produce oil because your skin is dry. If you wash too much then.... you get the point... As far as lotions, use an oil free lotion. Its not cheap and the bottles are small.

Good luck, I know its a pain, but to me to be out in the sun is the best.