PDA

View Full Version : ~Poundstone versus Pudzianowski WSM 2008 Finals~

WesleyInman
01-11-2014, 09:32 PM
This is my long time training partner and close friend Derek Poundstone. He is a WSM competitor for anyone in the strength world you may know him.

This was 2008 WSM finals. The winner of this event would win the title of Worlds Strongest Man for the year 2008. It came down to the final seconds of the Atlas Stone run. Besides Travis Ortmayer, Derek was probably the best Atlas Stone lifter in this time era.

Derek actually has a 2 ft tall x 6 foot wide picture of this blown up in his house..the last few seconds as a reminder. He really took this hard, rightfully so.

I asked him what happened and he said, "it was raining that day, and the stone slipped". So that is the truth behind this video.

One of the most memorable moments in Worlds Strongest Man history..never before has there been an ending so close that would determine the winner by a mere second.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVcZlrWavUk

burlyman30
01-13-2014, 01:55 PM
I've loved watching the WSM contests as long as I can remember, even as a kid.

I remember watching one with Lou Ferrigno... he didn't do well at all. Lol. Franco Columbu did pretty well... until he snapped his leg during the refrigerator-on-the-back run. Tom Platz.... he did good on a couple events that were leg strength/ endurance related.